Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

4 pages in and we're already talking about food. That has to be some kind of record.

Re: Quebecor selling off the Sun papers, the sooner those rags disappear, the better. I will however, miss those hilarious front pages that roll out whenever the Liberals win the provincial elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

We...we have technology worth stealing?

We have a threatening lead in Zamboni technology.

e:

yellowcar has issued a correction as of 16:30 on Oct 11, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PT6A posted:

I can finally prove I hate Nenshi on a personal level and it has nothing to do with race, religion, or the rumours that he's gay

No one actually accused you of this hth

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

haha it's literally stealing from citizens and giving it to the rich, like some sort of reverse Robin Hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0x44xP9SA

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I like how they started off in lowercase then scribbled over it in caps thinking "No, no they'll never take my racism seriously if I leave it in lowercase"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Huge Liability posted:

I'm sure nobody verifies it. I knew people who counted 'mowed the lawn for dad' as volunteer hours or just plain lied. There were almost no volunteer opportunities in town unless you're part of a church.

If your city has kids and a community centre/YMCA, you're golden. I got all my poo poo done over one summer after 9th grade. Jesus, that was a long time ago.

In regards in what counted, I remember being explicitly told that doing volunteer work for for-profit organizations absolutely would not count. Seeing the lovely practice of unpaid internships volunteering "opportunities" (without the actual giving back to the community) being dangled in front of loving high school students is a new kind of low.

yellowcar has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Oct 14, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Watch Harper start a loving war.

He already did.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

eXXon posted:

You'd figure the Leafs would be used to getting shot at 30+ times per night.

:drat:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

That scantron thing was cool, felt like the future. Why the hell can't we have those for the bigger elections?

I was totally weirded out by that.

I guess because it's easier to tally votes for multiple candidates on a ballot via scantron whereas in provincial and federal elections, you only need to make just one choice with an X on a paper ballot. So probably a cost thing.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Good(?) job Toronto....? I think?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Entropic posted:

Are they still having trouble finding a country who actually wants to host the 2024 games?

I think they're still fielding candidates. Actual rounds of voting for potential host countries doesn't usually take place until like one or two olympics away. Tokyo 2020 was only decided last year.

Either way, never underestimate a country's willingness to embezzle money in major sporting events.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

THC posted:

Harper's Canada: Defending Freedom From Terrorist Dump Trucks :canada:

I'm so loving glad our brave men and women in uniform are DEFENDING OUR FREEDOM from these BLOODTHIRSTY ISLAMIST HAJJIS with their DEADLY CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT :angel:

tbf ISIS could take a page right out of the IDF playbook and bulldoze buildings with the occupants still inside.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Daynab posted:

Hang on a second, friends have made me aware of the hilarious and horrifying thing that Téléfrancais was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBSflK1FTSY

This is what kids had to work with?
I'm sad that I can't recall any equivalent in Quebec to learn English. There was Dora the Explorer but I think that's pretty much it.

Telefrancais owned

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Buttons at ONDP convention

These own.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

That didn't take long.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

RBC posted:

And yet, it happened.

People in Toronto are pretty dumb as it turns out.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

If there's a thin enough layer, I just use my wipers + fluid until it's gone. :effort:

:lol: at west coast Canadians not knowing what ice scrapers are.

Protip: the trick to not get streaks on the windshield is to apply even pressure. Use both hands you lazy goons.

yellowcar has issued a correction as of 15:08 on Dec 3, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh 22 minutes. You're new gimmick hasn't gotten old yet.

This actually owns.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Airborne Viking posted:

If we did that, the US would have to take over our NORAD duties, which essentially means putting US airbases in Canada. No thanks.

Canada is practically a giant US military base anyway.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Airborne Viking posted:

How do you figure that?

This whole NATO thing we're part of is a pretty big deal I've heard.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kate Beaton did today's google doodle which owns.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

El Scotch posted:

Flipping through the 'bestfighter4canada' site we find the author's picture under the 'me' section.

I have trouble taking anything written seriously now.

that seems about right

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Jack... :gbsmith:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Or follow the example of the mainland Chinese: poo poo wherever the gently caress you want

e: or this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CFkdOWcNCM

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

Ban all attire.

Nudist proceedings would own.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Dreylad posted:

Where the gently caress did Anne Cools come from? Jesus.

"I didn't hear it so it didn't happen. :downs:"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Bill 77, calling for a ban on conversion therapy for minors and its funding by OHIP, is going through its second reading today! :toot:

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=3197&detailPage=bills_detail_the_bill

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

If you had told me that loving Alberta of all places elects a majority NDP government in TYOOL 2015 I'd say you were on drugs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

requesting pics of sad PC supporters

for schadenfreude

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tighclops posted:

They're going to get Rae'd so hard no matter what they do

Man, my morbid curiosity cannot wait.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fits posted:

I'm so excited to see these tomorrow :allears:

WELCOME TO HELL

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I have a strange new appreciation for Albertans now. What is going on??? I'm scared.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

RBC posted:

fact: patrick browns campaign slogan was "for the win"

gotta reach out to that under 35 white male nerd group

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Sweet, I always wanted to be a second class citizen.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Wait are you guys saying that bill applies to any first generation immigrant? I thought it only applied to people born abroad. Wow.
Yup

quote:

Canadians with another nationality (and those who are eligible to obtain another nationality) now have second-class status, even if they were born in Canada: under Bill C-24, their citizenship can be stripped.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

This is the funniest poo poo ever.

We're too tough on crime, guys.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

They got Kanye because Drake is busy,.

Also I'm glad it's Kanye because all the old crotchety white folks and dumb gently caress hipsters are maaaaaaaaaaaad. Also Pitbull is performing too. Owned.

P.S. Serena Ryder is your token Canadian talent this time. Be thankful we're not getting Vancouver 2010 Closing Ceremonies 2.0

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Avril Lavigne and Nickelback is bad bad music. My taste is fine.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Mederlock posted:

Wheat kings and Fiddler's Green are up there in my favourite songs with vocals, seen The Hip in concert twice. Saw Rush too, they were wicked. Wish there were more great bands like them coming out of the Canadian fold, instead we get Drake and Nickelback

Drake owns, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I don't even think I own a pair of pants that's older than 3 years.

• Locked thread