Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Rime posted:

It'd be pretty fun if we just made it illegal to sell tobacco, fullstop.

You can't easily mass produce that poo poo illicitly like weed, and there's no immediate intoxicating effect (such as with other substances) from it which would lead to a huge black market demand, so once the current filthy addicts died off we'd be free of it once and for all! :v:

It's not like there is a giant country right next to us, where tobacco is legal, and a giant unguarded border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

I'm sorry you feel like "disagreeing with Forums Poster Professor Shark" is now evidence that I need professional help. At least I don't insinuate that people need therapy just because they disagree with me.

Your posts in this and the previous thread are all someone needs to tell you're a huge loving rear end in a top hat honestly.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Narciss posted:

There's just something about these shootings where you can solely read the headline and go "yup that was a Muslim".

Go away you worthless troll

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Throwdini posted:

Why do these posters keep trying to change the subject to weed and booze?

Who are you talking to?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

The whole "THC levels are way higher than in the past" is BS cause honey oil and hash were things back in the 70s, and people weren't dying from it back then.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Pinterest Mom posted:

By law, qualified electors must have three consecutive hours to cast their vote on election day. If your hours of work do not allow for three consecutive hours to vote, your employer must give you time off.

For example, if you live in a riding where voting hours are 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and you usually work from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., your hours of work will not allow three consecutive hours for voting. To give you three consecutive hours to vote, your employer could allow you to arrive late (at 12:30 p.m.), let you leave early (at 6:30 p.m.), or give you three hours off at some point during the work day.

Employers cannot impose a penalty or deduct pay from an employee who is taking time off to vote if required by the Canada Elections Act. An employee must be paid what he or she would have earned during the time allowed off for voting.

Unless the government is gonna pay all your bills while you take your employer to court I don't see how that law is supposed to help anyone at all.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Leofish posted:

Jesus Christ, our country is run by loving high schoolers.

"You said this!"
"Nuh uh!"
"Yuh huh! I got it on tape!"
"That's not my voice!"
"That's what EVERYONE says!"

I'm pretty sure if you showed some high school kids video of any question period they'd say that those adults are acting like children.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

If Muslims are so deathly afraid of people talking smack about their religion, why don't they gently caress off to one of the many shithole countries where you can get the death penalty for blasphemy? Either that, or learn to accept that people are free to criticize your chosen set of fairytales and the actions that people do in their name.

If you're so sick of Canada why don't you get out

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

On Van isle it rarely gets cold enough to actually form ice on your windshield, it's usually just a thin layer of frost that easily comes off with a credit card.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Rime posted:

Ya'll got some sincere and unresolved issues, so I'm outfor good this time. Enjoy bickering endlessly about poo poo that doesn't matter!

Cry more you big baby, lucky for you parting shots don't get you probation anymore

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Basically we already hosed up hardcore trying to "help" natives.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Poizen Jam posted:

That didn't last long. Wasn't this kind of bullshit bannable at one point or was it just people who threaten to leave the site forever?

It's right in the rules thread at the top of the forum, but the mods don't enforce it anymore.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

Most of the service company twits who were buying Lamborghinis and living high on the hog will reap what they sowed, luckily for you. I'm guessing the stranded workers could've put a little bit of their paycheques aside for emergencies such as this -- $1200 for last-minute travel is hardly a life-altering expense when you're making Oilsands wages.

Also, it's baller as gently caress that CNRL has a private airport at their site and it's large enough to take a 737. That is just so cool.

Yeah, everyone should be prepared for their employer to just up and run out the door, ignoring their contract and leaving people literally stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Kenny Logins posted:

Agreed in that it explains why they (rationally) proceeded as they did, but still. Even if I prepay a round-trip to Europe I make sure I have money set aside for an emergency stranding. Common sense when you're a long way from home for any reason, right?

Again, I don't blame them for assuming the best but I wouldn't have been so naive.

I agree people should have money for emergencies, and the main emergency facing them now is their lack of employment. Getting told to find your own way home from people who probably made more money off your work than you got paid is just an extra special "gently caress you".

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Melian Dialogue posted:

:rolleyes: Sorry to burst into your cheerleading echo chamber with *gasp* asking to cite your sources and outline your reasonings. But okay, sorry for the pause, we can all go back to posting videos from ShitHarperDid and laughing at Rob Ford.

Tell us more about cheerleading echo chambers

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

RBC posted:

the hydro one report is hilarious

Personally, I'm really happy the government is selling this company off and removing what little oversight and control they have on them. It really sounds like they have things under control.

I wish I could steal millions from people and not get in poo poo

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

We have no choice but "target" mentally unstable people who want to commit acts of terrorism, because mentally stable people don't become fundamentalists or want to commit terrorism.

I think the fact that all the terrorists we've arrested or killed are mentally defective says more about terrorists than it necessarily does about our investigative techniques.

Exactly, all the mentally stable ones are working for the RCMP

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

People convicted of a crime are indeed still people, but I don't think that necessarily means they have to be permitted to remain citizens in cases where that crime is terrorism, treason, or espionage (these are crimes that we used to hang people for, after all). Non-citizens are still people, and still have human rights, so I don't think that stripping someone of Canadian citizenship necessarily deprives them of any human rights in cases where they would not be made stateless.

I think we do have a responsibility to not send people to places where they'd be tortured, but that's a separate issue.

We used to hang people, so they should be happy we're just gonna deport them with no recourse instead?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't stand weed. I've smoked it twice in my life, its smells terrible, and I think it makes you a lazy uninteresting person.

But if they can find a way to regulate it and bring in government revenue I'm 100% on board.

Why do you think weed makes people lazy and uninteresting?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Mitchnasty posted:

FYGM makes sense. Hoe your own row and all that. If somebody's kids are starving because they work part-time or whatever well that's not really my problem is it?

Wow get hosed you worthless sack of poo poo

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Ikantski posted:

I'll be disappointed if we don't hear the term "cybertreason" this week.

I'm surprised they're not calling it cyberterroism

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

I'm no fan of e-cigarettes, and they made me feel worse than normal cigarettes when I tried them (and I was taking in more nicotine, since there was no start and stop naturally defined), but I think it's still pretty ridiculous to treat them the same as something that is literally on fire and known to be quite harmful to human health. I'd be okay with banning them on transit, in schools, and other enclosed public spaces, but I think it's pretty ridiculous to extend the already-insane 5 meter halos for cigarettes to e-cigarettes, or even to ban them on bar/restaurant patios, and frankly I don't see any problem with allowing them in minors-prohibited bars either.

No one wants to hang around smokers if they don't smoke, regardless of what we're smoking. Just have some common courtesy and don't smoke around people unless you know they're ok with it, it's really not that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

bunnyofdoom posted:

No but my laptop is busted and it's a pain to type on a tablet. Tomorrow.

If you're gonna accuse hal of doing that you drat well better post some proof or shut the gently caress up about it

• Locked thread