Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Chloe

Chloe finishes looking in on her sister, who is as awkward about visiting with her as ever, but settling in nicely. She toys a little with teaching her

She arrives a bit late, hobbling her way in on a cane. She murmurs apologies all around, vaguely indicating the cane and her obviously slow pace in getting much of anywhere.

She seats herself carefully, resting the cane on the arm of her seat, making herself comfortable.

Still going over those laboratory rules, too; I'll have that settled for next post. Sorry, I've been busy lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Chloe

"I agree," says Chloe. "While there is nothing wrong with certamen in and of itself, it largely only shows one's skill at certamen. Victory under such circumstances, however laudable, does not in any way demonstrate need for the vis. And in truth it is only liable to form bad blood between the participants. It is only natural for the loser of such a contest to resent the winner. I think we have enough to deal with before we go out of our way to create rivalries."

She idly thumbs the handle of her cane, shrugging. Not that competition was bad, not at all. But she tried to keep a realistic awareness of her own training, and as such had precious little confidence she could guarantee a win. And if she couldn't guarantee it, what was the point?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Chloe

Chloe stretches out, and says, "In this I see no issue with being less specific. We can revisit the matter in the unlikely event someone abuses it."

quote:

Chloe's votes
  • Vis is to be handed out at a rate of 2.5 vis each year to each magus, with the rest held in common for emergencies and covenant rituals such as the Aegis. If a magus wishes to use more vis than their salary has saved, it is to be approved by the council or, if the Censor position is approved, by one Censor that is not themselves. Vis use is to be tracked by the covenant.
  • The Chamberlain is to have a non-voting position on the Council to air grievances and advise the Council on issues.
  • The covenant is to have three Censors to make emergency decisions and approve of unsalaried vis usage. These Censors are to be Leona, Tremonius and Jacques, as determined by this vote, until a motion is made to replace one or all of them.
  • Each magus is to devote one season each year to the common good of the covenant, by writing books, teaching or producing materials to be sold for the covenant's common profit rather than personal use or sale. This service is waived for all magi who have a responsibility to teach an apprentice, for as long as they bear that responsibility.

sorry, I've had some, uh, e/n issues lately. should be mostly cleared up now.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Chloe

Chloe will pretty much spend spend the time with her nose in books, since she certainly needs the work. Let's go with, oh, The Magics of Creation.

Rhys

Rhys, on the other hand, will maintain his lifstyle keeping a little law office in town open, performing such tasks as people need done.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Chloe

The weather pleases Chloe, and she takes her books outside when she can. Perhaps she really ought to be about other things-- she certainly feels a bit guilty at how unproductive she must look-- but she knows full well she will not be of much use to anyone without a far more thorough grasp of theory.

Chloe will read Birth of a Master, this time.

Rhys

Rhys takes the opportunity to keep up on news from the merchants, and sees to it that his skills are available to settle any disputes that arise from this bustle.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

My schedule is very strange but atm I should be able to make most anything after 8:30pm est right now

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

That should be just fine for me.

e: but /msg me on irc close to time because I
will forget.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Chloe

Chloe is rather delicately in a state of despair, for she's not yet put anything together as a contribution. Still, there's time yet for her to decide on it. She does distinctly absent herself from even the hint of comment on the matter of this cult; no one particularly needs to hear just where she thinks the Holy See can stuff its recognition.

"I will attend the instruction as well," she says.

Rhys

Meanwhile, Rhys mostly keeps working, albeit not terribly hard. On the plus side, there's always delicious peppery things to eat, and delicious apple tarts. Mmm... apples.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 2, 2014

• Locked thread