Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
It's almost hockey time! and that means it's time to put your :10bux: on the line and make some terrible bets!

For example, I was a little cocky when it came to the playoffs, so I'm stuck with this beauty of a subbantar, and wrote a 5 paragraph essay and a shakespearean sonnet on how much better the habs were than the bruins. You can read it here!.

I'll think up some more good ones, but for now I'll start by saying

:toxx: If the Boston Bruins are not the top of the east at Christmas break time, I'll buy a forums upgrade up to 10 bux for an elected representative of the top team. :toxx:

Throw your toxxes on the pile!

edit: :toxx: from whatis

whatis posted:

The Flyers are hot loving garbage and will finish 6th or lower in their division :toxx:

Someone pick a Philly-area charity I won't have to donate $50 dollars to but totally would if by some miracle the Flyers didn't crash and burn spectacularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just so happens I've been keeping track of a few off season toxxs

whatis posted:

The Flyers are hot loving garbage and will finish 6h or lower in their division :toxx:

Shyfted One posted:

FAS, today I'm submitting a bit for *work stuff*. If I win the bid and get the contract signed I promise to take all of FAS to a game in the 2014-2015 season :toxx:

yellowcar posted:

If ol Fatty [Brodeur] lands a starter position on the bulldogs, I will personally drive to every Hamilton game and heckle him. :toxx:

Austrian Mook posted:

The New Jersey Devils will make the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup playoffs

Also, it's a stretch but a false said he was getting a this image tattooed on his body at some point in the near future.

Dallas stars will make it out of the first round of the playoffs :toxx: for an AV praising whatever team/payer that bounces them from the playoffs (chosed by a fan of said team)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if a false doesn't do actually do that, he's a bad person. however, he's a good person, so i have faith.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brad Richards will finish the season with more points than MSL. :toxx:

If he fails to do so, I will purchase a pro-MSL/Rangers av of boxc's choice and keep it until the start of the 15-16 season.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

For every point above 11 that David Clarkson scores, I will write a 100 or so word blurb on why he is more valuable than a particular Habs roster member. :toxx:

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
I'm a terrible fan that abandons SAS during the offseason, did vjeff write his essays on all of the goaltenders who are better than jimmy howard?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

HOW COULD YOU posted:

I'm a terrible fan that abandons SAS during the offseason, did vjeff write his essays on all of the goaltenders who are better than jimmy howard?

He has three days, then mob justice.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Brad Richards will finish the season with more points than MSL. :toxx:

If he fails to do so, I will purchase a pro-MSL/Rangers av of boxc's choice and keep it until the start of the 15-16 season.

i accept your challenge. you can decide whether it will be pro habs or hawks. bon luck

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if a false doesn't do actually do that, he's a bad person. however, he's a good person, so i have faith.

i will, but i did not give a timeframe and that is because i'm broke. once i'm not though it's going to happen

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

a false posted:

i will, but i did not give a timeframe and that is because i'm broke. once i'm not though it's going to happen

like i said, i have faith. we shall overcome

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
PK Subban will be named the next captain of the Montreal Canadiens at some point before the start of the 2015-2016 season. If he is not, I will make a "why always me?" shirt in bleu-blanc-rouge and wear it to a Montreal-Boston game at the Garden.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I'll root for whatever team Jumbo and Marleau get traded to

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

JoelJoel posted:

Also, it's a stretch but a false said he was getting a this image tattooed on his body at some point in the near future.

For the record this is the sort of thing that's beyond the scope of mod enforcement.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Shyfted One posted:

FAS, today I'm submitting a bit for *work stuff*. If I win the bid and get the contract signed I promise to take all of FAS to a game in the 2014-2015 season

poo poo. I thought I said 2015-2016 season. Well that's going to make things interesting.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I will donate $200 to a Philadelphia charity should the Flyers beat the Rangers in the standings by the end of the regular season. :toxx:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

For the record this is the sort of thing that's beyond the scope of mod enforcement.

But not mob enforcement.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

But not mob enforcement.

Speaking of... anyone seen vjeff? :toughguy:

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

the Oilers are makin the play offs baby

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If the Ottawa Hockey Senators make the playoffs (they will not), I will write a letter to Chris Neil thanking him for his great play and leadership this season, with all of the praise and compliments a seven year old with a pencil crayon and a questionable academic future can bring to bear.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Any time Patrick Roy snaps against a team I'll wear their jersey for a week and write a note condemning anger and violence in the sport of hockey. This will be done in crayon and feature no less than two doodles.

:toxx:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Shyfted One posted:

poo poo. I thought I said 2015-2016 season. Well that's going to make things interesting.

I don't think FAS would begrudge changing it to next season. It's the spirit of the toxx.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If Manny Malholtra:

a) Scores 15 goals or more

OR

b) Starts 60 games or more

I will change my account name to Manny Meowholtra and my AV to this:

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 7, 2014

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Two of these three teams will make the playoffs this year:

Florida Panthers
New York Islanders
Edmonton Oilers

If 2 fail to make the playoffs, I will change my av to whatever NHLSAS sees fit until at least the beginning of next season :toxx:

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
I don't care that the odds aren't looking good this year for them, the Vancouver Canucks will reach the playoffs anyhow in 2014-15 or I will eat a hockey card of your choosing of most disappointing regular season 'Nuck player for your amusement. :toxx:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Krigen posted:

I don't care that the odds aren't looking good this year for them, the Vancouver Canucks will reach the playoffs anyhow in 2014-15 or I will eat a hockey card of your choosing of most disappointing regular season 'Nuck player for your amusement. :toxx:

bon appetit

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

a false posted:

bon appetit

I wonder if that one is legitimately poisonous though.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Infidel Castro posted:

I don't think FAS would begrudge changing it to next season. It's the spirit of the toxx.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't mind waiting another season if it meant going to a free Flyers game. Particularly since Philly is a long drive from here in the mountains of New England, I'd need to plan quite a bit in advance.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

LumpyGumby posted:

Any time Patrick Roy snaps against a team I'll wear their jersey for a week and write a note condemning anger and violence in the sport of hockey. This will be done in crayon and feature no less than two doodles.

This needs "snaps" more tightly defined.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

If Manny Malholtra:

a) Scores 15 goals or more

OR

b) Starts 60 games or more

I will change my account name to Manny Meowholtra and my AV to this:

And this is awesome.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

a false posted:

bon appetit

Are jersey/goalie stick cards fair game?

e:

Krigen posted:

I wonder if that one is legitimately poisonous though.

That Mark card is just a poisonous as Lays chips. Though in this case I bet you probably can eat just one.

vvv- sufficient proof for me.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 7, 2014

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

JoelJoel posted:

Are jersey/goalie stick cards fair game?

e:

That Mark card is just a poisonous as Lays chips. Though in this case I bet you probably can eat just one.

And post the empty crumpled card packet as proof.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Thanks FAS for being reasonable! The :homebrew: wouldn't kick in until near the end of the season or maybe not even before the Flyers are out of the playoffs in 2014-2015. Plus, I'll hopefully be engaged and getting married next year and organizing a game will be the last thing on my mind.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Stickarts posted:

This needs "snaps" more tightly defined.

Yelling at a ref or player wouldn't count. Throwing something, attempted assault, yelling at the coach like with Boudreau last year all would count.

If need be we can have Hand-Knit judge.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

LumpyGumby posted:

Yelling at a ref or player wouldn't count. Throwing something, attempted assault, yelling at the coach like with Boudreau last year all would count.

If need be we can have Hand-Knit judge.

How about trying to break in to the opposing team's locker room during intermission to start a fight?

Uh, no reason for me to ask this specific question, of course.

Edit: For my :toxx:, let's keep it simple - 'Nucks make the playoffs or I get an AV from a fan of the team that wins the West and keep it until training camp starts. Unless it's Anaheim, because I'm not getting a FCP AV again. In that case I'll get a Ducks pennant or shirt and hang it up in my house.

grack fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 9, 2014

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
For years and years, me getting a cherry slush drink at the Joe Louis Arena has directly led to a Red Wings goal. The lucky goal slush has worked for over 20 years, and has better fancystats than any non-All Star Red Wing. The lucky goal slush has worked every time, at every game I'm at the Joe.

I'll be at just about every Red Wings home game this season, and will get a white Red Wings jersey of whichever Wing has the highest number of slush goals at the end of the season.

Gustav Nyquist's GWG was the slush goal from last night's home opener, he is currently in the lead.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

AsInHowe posted:

For years and years, me getting a cherry slush drink at the Joe Louis Arena has directly led to a Red Wings goal. The lucky goal slush has worked for over 20 years, and has better fancystats than any non-All Star Red Wing. The lucky goal slush has worked every time, at every game I'm at the Joe.

I'll be at just about every Red Wings home game this season, and will get a white Red Wings jersey of whichever Wing has the highest number of slush goals at the end of the season.

Gustav Nyquist's GWG was the slush goal from last night's home opener, he is currently in the lead.

you've finally found a way for me to root for the red wings: giving you diabetes

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

My bet. If the sens do not make the playoffs I will buy an embarrasing avatar of the sens captain or coach revolving door.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
If:

- The Habs win the Atlantic, or
- The Habs again eliminate the Bruins from the playoffs,

I will not only buy a Carey Price jersey, but I will wear it in a public place in the Boston area during the following offseason and produce photographic evidence.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
fits still needs his Vladdy Tarasenko av from last season's toxx.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Serisothikos posted:

If:

- The Habs win the Atlantic, or
- The Habs again eliminate the Bruins from the playoffs,

I will not only buy a Carey Price jersey, but I will wear it in a public place in the Boston area during the following offseason and produce photographic evidence.

We don't need photos, the blood stains should be proof enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Gustav Nyquist will score 30 goals this season.

Do I make an avatar bet? Or do I follow in VJeff, RWAS tradition and offer to write an insane amount of essays detailing the exploits of everyone who outscores Gus if he doesn't hit 30?

• Locked thread