Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My girlfriend uses the word "trolling" to mean browsing. Several of her friends do it. They "troll" the Chive. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Just goatsed my wife IRL

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
look at all those loving words.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
Trolling is analogous to rape. It's about establishing power and dominance. If we were bonobos we would grab that whining little bitch monkey and stick it in every hole. We are not bonobos - unlike them we have a significant refractory period. So instead we use the internet. It's a simple cultural necessity. Social Darwinism in action.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Trolls have legit mental disorders.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Lol how loving dumb is that scientist if she gave an online poll to a bunch of trolls and assumed the data was valid.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

BigBoss posted:

Lol how loving dumb is that scientist if she gave an online poll to a bunch of trolls and assumed the data was valid.

maybe their trolling the trolls :troll:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Is it pronounced 'trow-ling' or 'trol-ling'?

Because really a lot of people call it different things and I don't get how it's actually meant to be pronounced.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Trolling like a loving troll under a bridge wtf

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Tautologicus posted:

Trolling like a loving troll under a bridge wtf

Wait.
Billy Goats-e gruff. Bridge troll.

Seeing a connection here.

Ultimately, the troll got goatse'd.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
wtf are you talking about

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i thought "trolling" is better when the person gets confused and frustrated rather then just angry and annoyed i like to troll phone salesmen but they dont ring me anymore not sure why

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

it used to be the highlight of my day...... oh, woe and lamentation

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

our father who art teh troll, hollowed be thy name, thy trolling come thy troll be done on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily troll and forgive us who troll as we forgive those who troll against us, and lead us not into temptation(to troll) but deliver us from trolls, amen

ugh catholic troll

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
troll is something you do with fish not with billy goats

synonym "trawl"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Frijolero posted:

My girlfriend uses the word "trolling" to mean browsing. Several of her friends do it. They "troll" the Chive. :allears:
i dunno, sounds to me like theyre doing a pretty good job of trolling you

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think children should get to learn about the goatman on their own terms, like i did, in my youth

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

nomadologique posted:

troll is something you do with fish not with billy goats

synonym "trawl"

The correct answer.

Think of a fisherman dragging a line slowly through the water, enticing some dumb fish to bite.

But interestingly, internet trolls themselves are Bridge Troll-like.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

hemophilia posted:

wrong

-punch whatever yelps the loudest
-keep punching
-make it hurt
-stop when you cum

never let anyone say i stood in between a man and his cum

uninvited

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

The correct answer.

Think of a fisherman dragging a line slowly through the water, enticing some dumb fish to bite.

But interestingly, internet trolls themselves are Bridge Troll-like.

imagine a meme dragging a net through the 'net. now, imagine a russian bond villain and an alsakan soccer mom fighting over rights to drill offshore. u have a poutine pole vaulter with a slant drill and a parasailer parasailin' to propose a bridge to nowheres in particulars. except they both desire magical gravy and are as white as siberian tundra in december.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Izumi Konata posted:

imagine a meme dragging a net through the 'net. now, imagine a russian bond villain and an alsakan soccer mom fighting over rights to drill offshore. u have a poutine pole vaulter with a slant drill and a parasailer parasailin' to propose a bridge to nowheres in particulars. except they both desire magical gravy and are as white as siberian tundra in december.

Go on...

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
One often-cited tale is that of a restaurateur who is said to have exclaimed, "ça va faire une maudite poutine" ("it will make a drat mess") when asked by restaurant regular Eddy Lainesse to put a handful of curds on some french fries, hence the name

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

quote:

an image of a naked man spreading his butt cheeks apart

This simple statement does not quite give a clue as to the depth of the image.
It is so much more.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

lonesomedwarf posted:

i thought "trolling" is better when the person gets confused and frustrated rather then just angry and annoyed i like to troll phone salesmen but they dont ring me anymore not sure why

This is most effective way to get them to stop calling you.

"Please don't call me anymore. Please take me off your list" gets you jack poo poo.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Why trolling is bad for you

Trollololololol

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

the face of modern trolling

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
you just ask people where they live and then make fun of that places politics and almost everyone gets angry

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
we should develop the first trolling AI

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The old AOL/AIM chat threads in FYAD are some of the funniest poo poo I have ever read, mainly because the victims are clinically retarded and begging for it. Nearly died reading the miscarriage thread.

Inevitable posted:

Just goatsed my wife IRL

Well you gotta do that for pegging I guess?

Edit: Here's the thread. I forget whether or not you need archives for the Goldmine stuff.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 6, 2014

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

School Nickname posted:

The old AOL/AIM chat threads in FYAD are some of the funniest poo poo I have ever read, mainly because the victims are clinically retarded and begging for it. Nearly died reading the miscarriage thread.

Well you gotta do that for pegging I guess?

can you link please and also do i need archives because i do not have that (archives)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
How do you way troll inm....... espanole

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

a starwar betamax posted:

How do you way troll inm....... espanole

su madre es una puta

nos lo pasamos muy bien anoche

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

School Nickname posted:

su madre es una puta

nos lo pasamos muy bien anoche

No puede ser... :stonk:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
there's no greater trolling than murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

there's no greater trolling than murder

Lol nope. Assault, arson, really any sort of destruction of property, robbery, defamation, etc. Getting someone murdered would be a great end to trolling, but murdering someone yourself is basically just banning them from life.

• Locked thread