Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
if it's not new jersey, it'll never be #1

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Anyone who lives outside of boswash is a provincial.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I live in boswash and I'm provincial as gently caress what now Lawman what now :smuggo:

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

i've lived all over the west and i think the desolate, dry parts of northern california always seemed the creepiest to me. Meth country it is. its like you can feel it.

PNW is just wet as hell, and feel depressing like I am living in Kurt CObains mind.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sierra Nevadan posted:

i've lived all over the west and i think the desolate, dry parts of northern california always seemed the creepiest to me. Meth country it is. its like you can feel it.

PNW is just wet as hell, and feel depressing like I am living in Kurt CObains mind.

It's the only affordable par of CA so the hillbilly locals who've been here for generations but are too dumb to benefit financially get pushed there

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Lawman 0 posted:

Anyone who lives outside of boswash is a provincial.
Atlanta is a future member of the Boston-Atlanta Metropolitan Axis, if you remember...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sierra Nevadan posted:

It's sort of annoying too how the west coast is so spread out for the major population centers compared to the NE atlantic seaboard.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

etalian posted:

It's sort of annoying too how the west coast is so spread out for the major population centers compared to the NE atlantic seaboard.

I kinda like it, the desolation makes roadtrips interesting

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

etalian posted:

Absolutely. To wit:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That is a really cool map.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

It is, but since when could you consider oklahoma city a part of the "texas triangle"?

Since when could you consider oklahoma city to be a real city where anyone of consequence lives?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
there is no loving way there's 1 million people in my area this map is fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

It is, but since when could you consider oklahoma city a part of the "texas triangle"?

Since when could you consider oklahoma city to be a real city where anyone of consequence lives?

Was either that or lumping it in with Omaha, it's too big to be left alone, idk.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
B.C. Vancouver and Oregon are awesome, gently caress you , op.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

etalian posted:

Almost like their geography and the founding of their population centers were vastly different.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Creepy is a strong word OP. We have a problem or two but who doesn't.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hingehead posted:

B.C. Vancouver and Oregon are awesome, gently caress you , op.

They also have water unlike California which is slowly turning into a max max desert wasteland.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 7, 2014

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

They also have water unlike California which is slowly turning into a max max desert wasteland.

Jokes really gonna be on the rest of the country because CA grows like most of their food. Even in the middle of a drought tomatoes are 3lbs for $1.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Jokes really gonna be on the rest of the country because CA grows like most of their food. Even in the middle of a drought tomatoes are 3lbs for $1.

how much do you think the underwater salty variety are gonna go for..or half off if you dive for em yourself?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Almost like their geography and the founding of their population centers were vastly different.

I've always wondered how different the US would be if it started on the west not east coast.

Probably instead of a musket battle at Lexington Green, it would have ended in both sides just sharing joints.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that be we would all also be Asian

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Michael Wasp hates Asian minority steriotypes, but he finds the balance of power "slanted," in the twilight zone

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Isn't Cascadia gonna get hosed by a super earthquake/volcanoes at some point

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Isn't Cascadia gonna get hosed by a super earthquake/volcanoes at some point

The whole west coast is fairly geologically active with both volcano and earthquake risk.

For the whole bay area you also have multiple cities being built right over fault lines.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So,Gravity Falls is a factual documentary about there Pacific Northwest?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Actually it's a cartoon produced by disney I think

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I live in boswash and I'm provincial as gently caress what now Lawman what now :smuggo:

My secret shame is that I'm really provincial as gently caress too.
Can I interest you in some fine Alpaca Yarn?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You could blow up Seattle in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ybCuV78DI0

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

You could blow up Seattle in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ybCuV78DI0

realtalk WIC was a pretty good game even if the campaign was really short.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lawman 0 posted:

My secret shame is that I'm really provincial as gently caress too.
Can I interest you in some fine Alpaca Yarn?

The inca had a law saying single men could not own alpacas. That is the extent of my knowledge about this mysterious beast also known as camel jr.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

etalian posted:

The whole west coast is fairly geologically active with both volcano and earthquake risk.

For the whole bay area you also have multiple cities being built right over fault lines.

yes, there's the cascadia subduction zone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_subduction_zone

previous subduction zones were an afterthought until the 2011 japan eq. fortunately the frequency content of subduction EQ isn't as dangerous as a strike-slip. but if the EQ doesn't take them out, a tsunami will

bay area is way safer than many places along OR/WA because we've at least been building for it and we don't have a tsunami problem

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

bay area is way safer than many places along OR/WA because we've at least been building for it

Not really the whole California upgrade and building code process was basically a trainwreck due to the cost problem.

Some buildings especially government or education did get retrofitted, however thousands of building are still vulnerable especially the older historical ones.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No way op the pacific southwest is loving awesome

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Washington is home to Bickleton AKA the Bluebird Capital of the World AKA the place where my grandpa worked as a minister and had to talk half the town out of burning a woman as a witch for wanting to teach yoga. :toot:.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

has minnesota overtaken portland as the hipster capital or are they still number 1

if no at least we still got more queers supposedly

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

has minnesota overtaken portland as the hipster capital or are they still number 1

twin cities are good, good job market, reasonable housing prices and also the mass transit is expanding every few years for even more coverage.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Uncle Wemus posted:

you should stockpile them while you have a surplus

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Lawman 0 posted:

realtalk WIC was a pretty good game even if the campaign was really short.

Agreed. I live in the PNW and I really liked blowing up my own cities and wish they'd make another expansion after Soviet Assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

naem posted:

Isn't it basically still happening up there
lol at anyone who believes in the "seattle music scene", its just mediocre guitar bands and more mediocre guitar bands

op you have chosen... wisely

• Locked thread