Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
What's goonier than liking Firefly is spergs falling all over themselves to be the guy who proclaims his distaste the loudest for it. lmao, entertains me every time.

Firefly was fun and good. I watched it on tv. Now I watch other shows that are on tv. OP seems way more obsessed with Firefly than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

OP seems a bigger loser than me!

Bigger than you? Wow, OP doesn't deserve that, let's keep this civil!

Who What Now posted:

You know what's even goonier? The fedora-tipping retards that proclaim themselves to be above such petty things as liking or disliking a show.

No those guys own, and they thrive off defensiveness.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Dr. Who has worse fans and also it's a much shittier show.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Benedick Cuckold posted:

I've never had sex, because people who talk about sex all the time are weird.

I've never [eaten chocolate] and that's because of its fans.

When other people [eat chocolate] I spend that time feeling smug about my decision to not [eat chocolate].

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

This is true for literally any television show you care to name, though?

Not any show. Sherlock is another good fit though.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Lowtax posted:

The closest thing I can compare it to is fans of that old comedy "Sports Night." They would go on and on about how it's the most intelligently and elaborately written form of media in the history of the universe, and before you have a chance to watch it yourself, you're drowning in propaganda for the show and it drives you away. Yuck.

Yeah but that's a pretty dumb reaction though, imo. You can accidentally miss cool things in life being a perpetual 90's teenager. I don't know, I've just never had that reaction to not do something that might be fun or watch something that might be good because of annoying people.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

I hate myself for getting this reference

Poop-socking in the future involves getting the contents of your colon periodically transported into space by O'Brien, the only one not allowed to play The Game.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Popular Human posted:

the show remade into a feature film.... which didn't even hit #1 it's opening weekend and fizzled out immediately after.

That was just a poor strategy. Whedon had to make a film that appealed to the very people who cared about the show, but trying to make it also appeal to an audience that had never heard of Firefly and didn't know the characters is basically an impossible task. My wife didn't like the movie very much, but then she eventually watched the show and loved it, and liked the movie on a second watch, and this time she was devastated when Wash died, and she didn't give a poo poo the first time of course.

I think it could have succeeded as a tv show, but no network wanted to do it, and no cable channel had the budget required since this was back in the dark ages of tv before cable channels started taking chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Stop forcing your wife to like your nerd things

Well, she makes me watch poo poo like "Say Yes to the Dress". She does almost always massage me while we're watching it though so I don't leave the room.

• Locked thread