Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Y-Hat posted:

Are you also posting these to the Bob's Burgers Tumblr?

No, I get them from the Tumblr for the Bob's Burgers writers. They post them there, I see it and post them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Let the 3 month wait begin

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ah, but in a good slot, or the 7PM preempted every other week slot?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Kammat posted:

the 7:30 slot, as expected.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

No, I get them from the Tumblr for the Bob's Burgers writers. They post them there, I see it and post them here.
Man, and here I was thinking that you posted them here yourself because you worked on the show. I guess you can't answer my question about Brendon Small.

Kammat posted:

Well let's see, Fox has a show in Bob's Burgers that's critically acclaimed but has an audience that, while eagerly devoted to the show, isn't large enough to be considered "mainstream." Now what has Fox done to shows like this in the past? Think carefully, now.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Bob's Burgers returns Sunday, September 27th!*

*Catch it regularly in its new time slot at 4:30 PM on every third Tuesday!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Inkspot posted:

Bob's Burgers returns Sunday, September 27th!*

*Catch it regularly in its new time slot at 4:30 AM on every third Tuesday!

You messed up the time of day there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

You messed up the time of day there.
shhhhhhhhhhhh

This show has no chance of getting a seventh season, does it

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I dunno, having gone back and watched the first 3 seasons and then remembering a lot of the grumblings in the thread about characters getting too cartoony, I'd be ok with the show going out on a strong note.

Seriously, I had thought that people were exaggerating that Gene has become a little dumber or absent-minded and compared to the beginning of the show, yeah. Gene has always been eccentric but it was usually Tina was the one that was "out of it"

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
It may just be a flaw in animated family sitcoms as a genre, it seems to happen to a lot of them. If you can't actually let the kids grow up you go stagnant in a lot of ways. I'm waiting for a show that breaks that mold someday.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

It may just be a flaw in animated family sitcoms as a genre, it seems to happen to a lot of them. If you can't actually let the kids grow up you go stagnant in a lot of ways. I'm waiting for a show that breaks that mold someday.

The show's been keeping track of their ages, or at least it did the first few seasons. Tina has a 13th birthday party in the first season, then she was 14 next season, I think she's been mentioned as 15 at some point? Gene any Louis have had their ages mentioned and gotten older as well. Not than any of them have actually changed or grown much though. It's better than being 10 years old for 30 years.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

New table script:

I liked the other boy band episode, so high hopes for this one.

Great, now I want vinyl figures of the Belchers

Also, Happy 4th:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PassTheRemote posted:

Great, now I want vinyl figures of the Belchers

You're in luck. Funko is making them, they're out soonish.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Finn on Adventure Time started out as 12, and he says he's 16 in the most recent season finale. But I didn't know that the Belcher kids grew older. I assumed that Tina was always 13, Gene was always 11, and Louise was always 9.

The more I think about it, six seasons ain't chopped liver, especially when you have a show that regularly brings its A-game after that amount of time. I still think Archer Vice was necessary because Season 4 looked like the show was running out of gas. I'll still be very annoyed if it gets canned after next season, no doubt about that, but it's better than being a 26+ season walking corpse like The Simpsons.

All I know is that Fox is starting to catch up with NBC for the worst network on television. When they lose The Simpsons and American Idol, all they have are other 10+ season shows (Family Guy, Bones); some entertaining shows with critical acclaim, which is something that Fox is seemingly allergic to (The Last Man on Earth, Brooklyn Nine-Nine); and a lot of crap or stuff that isn't really that special.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fox rode the Simon Cowell gravy train into the ground long after people had moved on from those sorts of things

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I still hate Fox for canceling Andy Ricter Controls the Universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I still hate Fox for canceling Andy Ricter Controls the Universe.

That deserves to come back more than Firefly.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought I was the only person who even noticed that show existed.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
People have probably found out about this a long time ago, but I just did:
http://gpanimations.com/BurgerBoss/index.html

It's a fan made Burgerboss game. It controls kind of terribly (not very tight controls) but I thought it was cool that someone did this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Paul Rudd is guest-voicing Tina's imaginary horse friend Jericho next season. Also there's an upcoming Flight of the Conchords reunion.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Y-Hat posted:

Also there's an upcoming Flight of the Conchords reunion.

Oh man I hope there's a song.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

This is gonna be so amazing.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Y-Hat posted:

Paul Rudd is guest-voicing Tina's imaginary horse friend Jericho next season. Also there's an upcoming Flight of the Conchords reunion.

I'm glad you linked this, not just because of this good news but because the sidebar brought me to this story about Eugene Mirman writing another open letter, this time about a parking ticket. This is the kind of ludicrous wit I want from Gene's character (e.g. "The Itty Bitty Ditty Committee just got their first giggy!), not merely random noises (although, to be fair, I do often enjoy the random noises, and Beefsquatch has grown on me).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I thought I was the only person who even noticed that show existed.

Andy Richter Controls the Universe was just a hilariously amazing show.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TMMadman posted:

No more sporks, spknives and knivoons - it's like a Dr. Seuss kitchen down there!

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

FilthyImp posted:

No more sporks, spknives and knivoons - it's like a Dr. Seuss kitchen down there!

I forgot that was Paget Brewster!

If this show had come around more recently I think it would have had the kind of viral fanbase that would at least get it a second season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Hitler!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Hasn't Bob's Burgers survived intermittent placement in the 7:30 death slot for 2 or 3 seasons now? I'm not too worried about it dying.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

New table script:

I liked the other boy band episode, so high hopes for this one.
That had what I think is Tina Belcher's finest quote ("I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time like everyone else"). I was thinking about this script the other day and I'm guessing this is going to have parallels to the real-life One Direction sorta-breakup thing, where one of them left the band but they're still a thing for whatever reason.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Eugene Mirman's latest stand up special was release on Netflix about a week ago. He's funny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cjg posted:

Eugene Mirman's latest stand up special was release on Netflix about a week ago. He's funny.
Yeah, go watch this if you haven't done so already.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Who's hungry? The Bob's Burgers cookbook is coming out March 2016.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

But where the hell am I supposed to get black garlic around here!?

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
Are there any more updates on the soundtrack? PassTheRemote said Loren mentioned it coming out in July at Bob's Burgers Live a few months back, and that's the last thing I've heard.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

Are there any more updates on the soundtrack? PassTheRemote said Loren mentioned it coming out in July at Bob's Burgers Live a few months back, and that's the last thing I've heard.

Found an update: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/14/bobs-burgers-album-comic-book

Looks like it is coming out in Sept, with the cookbook right before the season premiere.

Either they pushed it back to get more tracks, or marketing wanted to use it to hype up the show coming back in Sept.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

New Script cover:

So are they giving Horses Burgers to eat, or are they making burgers out of horse meat? Because Tina might not be a fan of one of those options.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Oh my god, is the restaurant inspector going to team up with Bob in a sting to take down a horse meat seller?

That would be amazing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What, is horse meat illegal in the US or something?

Savages.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Gorilla Salad posted:

What, is horse meat illegal in the US or something?

Savages.

we dont eat meat of things we like over here
which is loving stupid but, still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

We don't eat them, we just euthanize them by the millions. Although apparently horses over here are usually pumped full of drugs anyway.

• Locked thread