Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

you irl posted:

actually wafflehouse is really loving good and if you disagree you are an ivory tower elitist yankee carpetbagger

there he is. just waiting to come wreck the South's poo poo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Gaunab posted:

Blondies make Applebee existence worthwhile

Since Applebee's is the only place in the world I've come across that seems capable of burning loving rice, this is 100% false.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
It is polite to leave a 10% top, it is generous to leave a 15% tip.

People I know tip the change they get back, and are a buncha cheap rear end motherfuckers. So before I go out to eat, I take a spare $20 with me. 33% tips are for the cause.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Captain Candiru posted:

This map is essentially the same for Chik Fil A, too.

i got a chik a fil nearby in san diego and i think there is one up north. I went once the food was good but too expensive.

i always just tip 2 dollars since they already get 9 dollars an hour here.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I ate at one yesterday morning, i ordered bacon and i received sausage. The food was ok, but because of this mix up i did not tip.

hth

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Captain Candiru posted:

This map is essentially the same for Chik Fil A, too.

We finally got those in Milwaukee, holy gently caress are they overrated. Almost $7 for an mediocre chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and the most disgusting sweet tea I've ever had in my life.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

NTT posted:

I ate at one yesterday morning, i ordered bacon and i received sausage. The food was ok, but because of this mix up i did not tip.

What a human being would do is mention to their server that there was a mistake. But a good fedora move is to silently declare to yourself that you will not be tipping, and pretend you are a Roman emperor giving the thumbs down in the Coliseum as you pocket your $1.75.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hey if I could find whatever factory they ship that blondie mix out from I'd never eat at Applebee's again but I can't for now so I unfortunately need Applebee's.

For Christ sake, Applebee's doesn't even have a buffalo chicken sandwich! What kind of restaurant is that?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Infidel Castro posted:

We finally got those in Milwaukee, holy gently caress are they overrated. Almost $7 for an mediocre chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and the most disgusting sweet tea I've ever had in my life.

Yeah, agreed. My wife, who grew up in the south so she grew up with the chain, was really excited about eating there during a visit to Georgia but it was such a waste of money and not particularly interesting as far as fried chicken went. It felt more expensive than KFC and somehow more bland.

ayekappy
Aug 22, 2004

Brie Cheesin'
Waffle House really doesn't need any waiters or waitresses with just a few simple modifications.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Agag posted:

What a human being would do is mention to their server that there was a mistake. But a good fedora move is to silently declare to yourself that you will not be tipping, and pretend you are a Roman emperor giving the thumbs down in the Coliseum as you pocket your $1.75.

And then still not tip because gently caress them, they have a notepad, write this poo poo down. It's not hard.

Captain Candiru posted:

Yeah, agreed. My wife, who grew up in the south so she grew up with the chain, was really excited about eating there during a visit to Georgia but it was such a waste of money and not particularly interesting as far as fried chicken went. It felt more expensive than KFC and somehow more bland.

Because its a real chicken patty instead of ground up breasts glued together with proteins and salt served by Jose for minimum wage and grasp of english.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Has anyone made a fat joke yet?

Like, it wouldn't be a good idea for a Waffle House patron to tip because they might not be able to get back up?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
as a surgeon, tips help me remember not to leave keys inside you

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Laughing Man posted:

And then still not tip because gently caress them, they have a notepad, write this poo poo down. It's not hard.

other people deserve to serve me. they may not want to so they should be impelled to by a need to get enough money for the essentials of life. if they do not serve me correctly I will go up to their children when they are holding a bowl of cheap oat gruel and slap it out of their hands to the floor. then i smear it across the ground with my shoe so any food mounds that aren't directly touching the floor are made inedible. that'll learn you how not to gently caress up something as basic as a sunny side up.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going to florida got any pro florida tips

ayekappy
Aug 22, 2004

Brie Cheesin'

Abu Dave posted:

the people are cheap but servers make like $4.25 an hour there

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

dont go to florida

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Abu Dave posted:

90% of of the population is old people in any city.

You're a cougar hunter?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orangesampson posted:

90% of of the population is old people in any city.

You're a cougar hunter?

i do like the mature ladies

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I give "the tip" to the waitresses *wink*

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Abu Dave posted:

Shoot first, claim stand your ground.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

So is there a direct correlation between where Wafflehouse exists and places that are ruining our country?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
shoot and eat an alligator and a python while you are there, and then make some clothes out of them to show off. You know you just want to go to a bar back home and tell whatever you like " i killed this animal ate it and now i am wearing it."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Luvcow posted:

Has anyone made a fat joke yet?

Like, it wouldn't be a good idea for a Waffle House patron to tip because they might not be able to get back up?

Yeah I made that joke on the first page

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
people are so onese it raises the cost of health care

lol.

do the jingle.

You end up in akiras butt.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Gaunab posted:

Yeah I made that joke on the first page

Sorry. :ohdear:

I've been outsourcing my posts and I'm fairly certain the company I'm using isn't vetting their material

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Abu Dave posted:

watch out for gators

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Laughing Man posted:

That's what they get for crossing l'enfant terrible.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
Acknowledging their existence is basically a tip.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't mind tipping for service in theory but in practice at restaurants there's this division of labor that makes it a little silly. There's the hostess that brings you to your table, the waitress that takes your order, but then theres the busboy now that actually brings out the food and clears the table. No need for the waitress to remember anything. What am I tipping for? A smile? And since the tip gets distributed, it's basically like the customer is paying the restaurant's staff. It's gots to go

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
Waffle House have great hash browns. I have never had a waffle from there.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

if you go to wafflehouse order the All-Star Special
waffle, eggs, bacon, grits, and toast. mmmmmmmm

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

I don't mind tipping for service in theory but in practice at restaurants there's this division of labor that makes it a little silly. There's the hostess that brings you to your table, the waitress that takes your order, but then theres the busboy now that actually brings out the food and clears the table. No need for the waitress to remember anything. What am I tipping for? A smile? And since the tip gets distributed, it's basically like the customer is paying the restaurant's staff. It's gots to go

Stick to McDonald's and avoid this moral quandary. "I'd tip the waitress because I'm incel and she smiled at me, but then she might have to tip out to the dishwasher, who is probably Mexican..." Not fair that you are put in that position, IMO.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Agag posted:

Stick to McDonald's and avoid this moral quandary. "I'd tip the waitress because I'm incel and she smiled at me, but then she might have to tip out to the dishwasher, who is probably Mexican..." Not fair that you are put in that position, IMO.
at wafflehouse the servers and cooks also do the cleaning

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

At actual restauarants the waiter/waitress brings out your food though. It's these bs cost cutting barely edible american chain ones im talking about.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Waffle house has the best waffles if you don't agree you have no taste and are probably a belgian.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also full disclosure ive never actually been inside a wafflehouse, i just like to talk poo poo about it cause its southern and has a stupid sign

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
No, it's a diner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
best waffles come from all the brunch places in hillcrest.

• Locked thread