Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jerry Lynn is like the nicest guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

The Rock

Possibly the most gracious top guy ever. Puts guys over, is cordial and friendly to people like Curtis Axel, Kevin Steen and Curt Hawkins. Donates tons to charity.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

But Eddie Guerrero called him the spawn of satan

If you felt somebody was trying to gently caress with the livelihood of you and your friends, you might say something similar.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I really like Terry Funk, he seems like a sweet man who I would never want to piss off.

He spends half his book putting people over and downplaying what he did for wrestling.

I remember Jake Roberts once said that Ricky Steamboat would be embarrassed if he knew how much Jake looked up to him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

pressedbunny posted:

Part of my recent fixation on the Divas is down to AJ, Paige and Natalya (and seemingly all of the women in NXT) obviously having been into this since day one. They were always going to be wrestlers, there was never another job for them. That's nice to see anyway, but it's especially important in the Divas division which has so famously be plagued with spectacularly useless models with no prior knowledge of wrestling before being signed.

I think that's why I can't hate The Miz, either. I don't like him, particularly, but he's obviously so happy to be there it's hard to hold anything against him for long.

Miz looked like he was going to cry from joy when he pinned Orton for the belt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Most of the indie/NJPW wrestlers that I've talked to have been really nice guys, especially Romero and Koslov.

Nash by most accounts was a terrible person to have to work with unless you were one of his buddies but seems like a decent and generally chill guy outside of the business.

Right, I'm just saying Eddie had his reasons.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

I met Shelton Benjamin and Big Show years ago and they were both really cool. Show is a super nice guy.

Someone back in the wrestlehut days related a story about meeting an old wrestler who was a bit of a goofy guy but cool to meet and as they parted ways he told the poster "Stay out of jail!" Years later, he happened across the wrestler again, who saw him like across a parking lot or something, identified him, and happily yelled "YOU STAYED OUT OF JAIL!"

I want to say it was one of the Funks. I always loved that story.

It was Terry Funk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Byolante posted:

I think when you come from a life of getting faceplanted into light tubes for a cheeseburger getting to go out on tv and be a part of the big stage must be like christ came down from heaven and gave you a handbeezy

Also, because of the crop of talent they have in NXT right now, he gets to be around friends while he does it.

• Locked thread