Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Paul Bearer was far too nice a guy to ever be involved in wrestling. Yet he was and became a legend in the process.

RIP :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Bruno Sammartino is probably the nicest guy who has ever been the top face of a company.

But the Rock was the top face at a point too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

And for the record, I think saying Nash NEVER had a good match is just not true. There's more to putting on a good match than just the spots and the workrate. Nash may not be an all-time great technician or an flashy spot generating machine, but the guy knew how to make people care about his character and that's the most important thing in a wrestling match really. That's why Raven could get a monster pop just for standing up and staring somebody down after weeks of not wrestling at all.

A lot of people were comparing Roman Reigns to Nash/Deisel a few months back, and I certainly never saw it as an insult.

Nash is essentially the king of "Minimum effort for maximum effect". He always knows the path of least resistance to getting the reaction he wants, which is a loving admirable quality for a wrestler.

Cody Rhodes, by all accounts, is a super nice dude to everyone. Goldust too, now he's clean.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And in terms of the Scottish scene: Drew Galloway is amazing, dude just loving loves wrestling so much.

And of course, Grado is possibly the most enthusiastic man on the face of the earth about anything.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

mkay0 posted:

Over 2200 lbs combined, and he looked like he could have done more on all three. :drat:

That benchpress, I thought he was gonna go down for another rep, just to be sure.

• Locked thread