Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
A few people I like and some I appreciate for their perspective.

The Rock - Always came off to me as a super chill and nice guy who cares about wrestling and putting people over even pre-Hollywood. When Hollywood came aknocking he COULD have cut-off ties to pro wrsetling completely like actors do when they get hot. Instead, he came back and got himself into loving shape shaking off ring rust with Curtis Axel (and thanking him for it) and going to the gym hardcore. He developed a convincing character, gave amazing promos and put a lot of true effort into his matches. He didn't have to do any of that, he could have waved to the crowd and collected his paycheque but instead of showed respect to the business. I respect that.

Mick Foley - Yeah, the guy is alittle mopey and clingy and is a little goony when it comes to flirting with women. But the guy does honest work for RAINN, I chalk up some of his bizarre moments to the brain damage he suffered and overall is a good family man. I respect that.

Jim Cornette - We need more people like Jim Cornette that just states his opinions bluntly and plainly and screw anyone who says "...uh, you can't say that" if there is truth to it.

Triple H - I don't really care for him in the ring. But the guy knows wrestling (as emphathized earlier) and the roster and especially developmental talent pool is a hundred million times better than the Johnny Ace reign of terror. He's bringing up an impressive array of indy talent (oddly enough, what TNA was doing in 2004-05 before poo poo went down) and giving them a chance and overall I want him to take over from Vince.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - He's mellowed out with age, has some good wisdom and is almost an elder at this point in how he's able to share his knowledge with the new generation via his podcast.

The Undertaker - The man respects the industry, is humble towards it and doesn't put up with poo poo from uppity newbies who lip him off. I appreciate that.

Eddie Guerrero - Saw him at a house show in 2003 and when the "Eddie!" chant broke out, he paused and smiled and waved to the crowd. It was all genuine, he wasn't a face milking a reaction, he was legit appreciative of people cheering his name. I liked that act of humility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Kaskadan posted:

I have massive respect for Edge and the way he retired. Going out on top for all the right reasons

I actually lost some respect for Hulk Hogan after he said "real men work hurt" or whatever he said indicating Edge should have kept going. Edge is a good role model for young guys getting into the business in knowing when to call it quits if the injuries are piling up lest you become another Kurt Angle. One more bad bump and the doctors said he would be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, a lot of respect to Edge in making a tough decision.

• Locked thread