Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mcswizzle posted:

It's probably got a HUD or some interface to connect with Felicity's computer system so that he can do some of his back-office work while in the field

Built-in GPS and the ability to always track the location of his car so he can chauffeur Oliver around town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

The new season is going to be atrocious, right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah it's obviously garbage, probably be a good move if you skipped it.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Built-in GPS and the ability to always track the location of his car so he can chauffeur Oliver around town.

Oliver's broke. Felicity is now the rich industrialist.

MooselanderII posted:

The new season is going to be atrocious, right?

We'll see. They have at least acknowledged that last season was bad and said they are going to do better.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I dont know posted:

Oliver's broke. Felicity is now the rich industrialist.

We'll see. They have at least acknowledged that last season was bad and said they are going to do better.

I'm curious, where did they acknowledge that? Maybe it is a good thing my expectations are low.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MooselanderII posted:

I'm curious, where did they acknowledge that? Maybe it is a good thing my expectations are low.

Expect the worst, and you're very rarely disappointed.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Expect the worst, and you're very rarely disappointed.

My expectations for season 1 of Arrow were super low, which helped get me hooked.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MooselanderII posted:

Various interviews, and Guggenheim's special message after the season 3 finale was basically him saying "yeah we hosed up, sorry guys we'll do better."

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Whizbang posted:

We'll all change our minds once we see the helmet's abilities, like blocking Charles' telepathy.

You'll be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
You can kinda tell Amell knew S3 wasn't up to snuff as he wasn't doing his massive hype train like the first two seasons, calling on people to watch certain episodes and talking about his favorites. He's back on board with drumming up interest for this season and I'm taking that as a good sign. He's very aware of everything surrounding the show and its perceptions.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Being aware of a show's failings and being able to fix a show's failings are two different things. I'm cautiously optimistic, still.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Scyantific posted:

Various interviews, and Guggenheim's special message after the season 3 finale was basically him saying "yeah we hosed up, sorry guys we'll do better."

You got a link on that? A quick googling didn't turn it up.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I think they just need to avoid making the mid-season finale the climax of the season. Because poo poo was all downhill from there last season.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well, now we know what lucrative deal lured Roy away from the show;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYUuQ3q8wA

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hey PAD is the greatest loving game okay.

...a game that...has nothing whatsoever to do with anything that happened in that commercial.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Narcissus1916 posted:

Being aware of a show's failings and being able to fix a show's failings are two different things. I'm cautiously optimistic, still.

When I saw how tame the trailer was, I wasn't exactly filled with confidence in them being able to get things back on track this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYUuQ3q8wA

I can't wait to see all the footage of Colton that they cut out to make room for the pizza tossing nerd.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Still more screentime than he got last season.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Colton not gonna be back this season?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Artic Puma posted:

Was that not clear by him leaving Thea a "Dear John" note and Thea being int he suit in all the promotional material?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Artic Puma posted:

He will probably show up for a couple cameos, but he is no longer a cast member.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Colton had a two year contract that started back in late season 1. Then they decided not to re-up him, most likely to save money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hcreight posted:

Colton had a two year contract that started back in late season 1. Then they decided not to re-up him, most likely to save money.

They offered him a reoccurring gig but not show regular status for season 4 which is why he bailed.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Rhyno posted:

They offered him a reoccurring gig but not show regular status for season 4 which is why he bailed.

He will be in every fight scene. Just look for the unconscious body, off in the corner.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Colton is doing alright.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kinda telling when the Flash S2 thread is up already yet no one's made one for Arrow S4.

Did people really get turned off by season 3 that much?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash thread's easy. You just take the template of the last thread and change the middle a bit.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Scyantific posted:

Kinda telling when the Flash S2 thread is up already yet no one's made one for Arrow S4.

I consider myself a fan of the show, and I just found out today that S4 premiers tomorrow. I thought it was coming out next week or something, so maybe S3 turned me off more than I thought.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Scyantific posted:

The Flash thread only went up yesterday, the day before the season starts

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone make a new thread. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Senerio's got first crack at the new thread if he wants it.

• Locked thread