Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

nutranurse posted:

Part of the reason Hong Kong's gripped by protests is because, historically, they enjoyed a fuckton of freedoms that mainland Chinese polities didn't.

Yeah I can assure you that Chinese people don't consider Hong Kong part of China. I always thought that was odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

VagueRant posted:

I thought it was super disappointing, especially after how fun The Flash ep was. :smith: I'm really worried the show has 100% lost it.

What happened to the super likeable funny people with genuine warmth towards each other in the Flash episode? How were Felicity and Diggle better written on another show? Cisco geeking out about the Arrowcave and Barry revealing himself to Lyla were about the only funny moments - and it's not like Arrow is all seriousness. Flash just came off more arrogant than nice, and Ollie's dickishness made more sense in the Flash, but here felt forced.
  • Every beat of the Ollie The Torturer plotline felt like a mistep. From the inexplicable bombing, to the creepy endorsement of torture, to the idea that torturers...should use bows and arrows or something?
  • Detective Lance knows who The Flash is now, right? I mean how else does he explain what just happened.
  • Godawful special effects or lack thereof. The little smoke pellet/exploding boomerang that caused a tiny bit of steam that wouldn't even hide him turning away, never mind escaping...from The Flash. Never mind that youtube webcam quality explosion Ollie backflipped over at the train station.
  • What was Cap Boomerang's plan there with the bombs? He seemed resigned to capture, so what was the point of letting them go off?
  • Ollie's plan to out-strategise The Flash in the final showdown was to...just shoot lots of arrows at him in a straight line?

He's a lot more natural on The Flash. I don't know why he comes off as way more awkward on Arrow. Either way, I don't think he's THAT bad and his lines were still the best part of this ep.

Arrow was in a warehouse full of beams. All of which were probably rigged to shoot trick arrows. He's been planning this for a week.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

greatn posted:

You know what would be an amazing mid-season ending? Ollie defeats Ras Al Ghul, doesn't want to kill him, but it does happen somehow. Nyssa walks to him ready to kill him, then kneels down because Ollie now is the leader of the league of shadows. Cut to credits, see you in a month.

Oliver defeats Ras but is thrown into a pool. He comes out as an 8 year old. He has a crossover with Gotham where he teaches young Bruce how to fight. Then he has a crossover with Constantine where he sacrifices his youth to take a child out of hell. Then he has a crossover with Shield where is caught as a potential 084.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But nerds are precisely the audience who would know about Ra's and whole temporariness of death thing. In fact I'm sure a bunch of people will be like, "They really should be pronouncing it Raysh" :smug:

They really should be pronouncing it Raysh.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

His Mom's txt message was pretty funny.

Where is it? I don't see it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

We've met a few people that are roughly on Ollie's level as far as fighting goes, even with a bow, and like half were trained by the league and all of them are massively inferior to Ra's in a fight. Dude is going to have to do a lot more than get emotional and double down on violence to beat Ra's, his best effort didn't even make Ra's try.

Boxing glove arrow.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I don't see why you introduce Hong Kong dude into this story unless he or Katana are going to be the one who saves Oliver. I think he does it and Ra's kills him for it, but Ra's lets Oliver live since he already died once and he knows he didn't kill Sara. But Oliver's commitment to die to protect the killer will sell Ra's and Nyssa on giving him time or believing that it was all Merlyn.

All that will play out over the next few episodes while everyone in Starling City thinks Oliver is dead. Nyssa will show up and tell them and everyone will grieve. Roy may take up the green hood and try and protect the city in Oliver's absence. Laurel will find out about Merlyn's role and don the Canary gear to help Roy, honor Oliver, and seek revenge for Sara and Ollie. Ray will don the ATOM gear and become the new star of Starling. Someone will have to figure out what to tell Thea.

The final shot of the next episode will be Oliver resurrecting after a fool episode of mourning. Then after a few episodes of recovery and politics with the League he'll return to Starling to everyone's shock.

Honestly, it all sounds like a lot of fun to me and a classic comic story. And I'm really interested to see how the Thea thing goes. Part of me imagines a scenario where they tell Thea everything, Roy puts on the green hood and Thea puts on the red one introducing her as Speedy. But its probably way too early for that unless they do a months long time jump. But even without that I'm really curious to see what Team Arrow tells Thea and how she takes it.

Dingle will be Black Arrow. Ray Palmer will be Robot Arrow. Merlyn will be rear end in a top hat Arrow. Roy will be Kid Arrow. And the Death of Superman parallel will be complete.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Remember the inverse ninja law. One ninja, or at least fewer ninjas than their opponents, is/are a nigh-invincible force. The League assassin was the one outnumbered by Ollie and Sara, therefor he was the formidable one. In the cabin, Maseo and Katana were outnumber 4 to 2, so they were the badass ones. In the fight in the church or whatever in season 2 with Ollie, Sara, and Lance they were evenly matched so it was a pitched and tense fight.

Eh, we don't actually know how they revived him yet. I have to believe he actually was dead when they found him as they used the words "bring you back to life" rather dramatically. All I really think it needs is something more than "magic herbs" again or "you actually weren't quite dead."

It'll be the pit so that they can have a surprise evil Arrow episode.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Maybe Flash speed force punching Oliver gave him an immunity to kinetic force.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

V-Men posted:

I thought that would have been awesome had she referred to him as Conor on screen.

I'm just going to blame Flash's black hole thingy for that.

They really should just drop Flash and Arrow and put everything into Legends of Tomorrow. Drop most of the romances (or at least get romance writers to write them; or a couple more female writers) and just switch between Arrow and Flash as the lead depending on who they actually have content for. Basically they should do live action JLU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

I want to see how Thea reacts. Especially if I'm right and Malcolm resurrects Sara as some kind of hosed-up, half-assed way to 'take back' what he made Thea do.

They're going to stick Tommy into Sarah's body. Just to screw with everyone.

• Locked thread