Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Scapegoat posted:

"I'm the brickernaught, bitch!", yer doesn't work too well.

fixed it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

imperialparadox posted:

That's Ollie's big character flaw, but yeah it's starting to get annoying because he never really seems to grow and step away from it. Every time that he's proven to be a hypocrite and wrong, he seems to forget about it an episode or two later. I guess it's part of his character, but it does get annoying.

...and then there was boxing-glove arrow, so I can forgive.

The thing that cracks me up about this season's flashbacks is that apparently Waller needed a covert ops agent in Hong Kong, so she chooses white-bread Ollie for the job? Totally inconspicuous, guys.

Odds are as a whitey if you can hide/be discreet in Hong Kong you can pull it off well where you blend in. My guess is this is all training for a job Ollie ultimately refuses and as a result is sent back to Lian Yu

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Gilok posted:

I was at NC Comiccon this weekend and Barrowman was there. Someone asked him how he felt about being cast as the father of someone so close to his own age, and his was response was basically "I know something you don't, keep watching."

I'm guessing he's been in a Lazarus pit more than once maybe?

Did I miss this? Who's father is he that's near his own age? Thea is certainly not, Tommy (unless they're talking about the actor himself, and even then I can't believe it's that close)?

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
"Flarrow"

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Damnit can this guy get any more personable? You just like his Facebook page and you feel like you actually know the guy and then he goes and does something like this. Dude seems chill as hell and I just want to hang out with him.

"I must become something else...something green...something pointy...something...arrow-y"

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

mcswizzle posted:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/22/supergirl-melissa-benoist/

The mildly annoying (but possibly written that way) girl from that singing show my wife watches is going to be Supergirl, so sayeth the internet
xpost from the flash thread. I figure they're pretty much interchangeable at this point though.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I got the impression that Nyssa might be the end of season big bad. She trumped Merlyn who was training Ollie, so she should have the chops for it. She was always planning on becoming The Head of the Demon, but Merlyn kept taunting her that it would never happen because of her relationship with Sara, and now Ollie is being offered her dream job.

Plus, Thea just told her that she was the one to kill her beloved. I think that she's going to capture Thea, take her back to Nanda Parbat, find out what happened and then go nuts and threaten to kill Thea herself and then run off into the night to some unknown place where she will basically go after Ollie.

edit: Spoilers, obviously but apparently Nyssa does not, in fact, take it very well.

mcswizzle fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 26, 2015

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

bull3964 posted:

I really didn't see anyone else mention that Ras basically spilled the beans that Merlyn is approaching 200 years old himself.

That's the impression that I got, but it doesn't jive with his departure after his wife's death to Nanda Parbat and joining the LoA. I mean, if he'd met and impressed Ra's 200 years ago, don't you think he'd have had some rudimentary training? Getting trounced by the guy who killed his wife then killing him with a gun doesn't exactly seem like something even an ancillary league member would do. Look at Ollie, he's about as close to being in the league as you can be (before last nights episode) between training and general disdain for life in the first season and he only uses a gun when it's a last resort.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

I found Oliver's hard on for saving Malcolm because Ra's owned him to be hilariously petty. I thought Oliver being nuts because both his parents committed suicide in front of him because of him and not wanting that poo poo on Thea was more compelling. I mean, it's not rational but Oliver is clearly broken.

I think it's also pretty genuine that he was trying to justify his vendetta by saying he had to rescue Merlyn, while Dig (arguably his best friend, even over Tommy, when considering his best interests over his instant gratification) knew better that what he was doing was about pride. And it took losing again (but not almost-dying this time) for him to admit it, even if it was to a room full of the person who already knew that and air

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Valeyard posted:

I like that the trailer cuts from Ray telling Ollie they are going to "team up" to Ollie banging Felicity. Perhaps the show is going to go in a different direction

It probably is a reason Ray will not continue being on the show and will be on the spinoff

e: also what did they say earlier this season? ollicity is about 50/50? So we got 50% boning Ray Palmer and 50% boning Ollie...I guess they weren't lying. I wish I had her bad luck though, all she seems to have done since college is create a supervirus that enabled a cyber terrorist to do...something? and fall into bed with billionaires

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
They seem to be having fun with it.

The only rule of superhero fight club is damnit ray how hard is it to show up on time

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
It looks like when The Flash is going against Captain Cold and Heatwave and transitions to going against the Reverse Flash, that he's tripped while the RF is still on the outside of the cage, like he grabs Flashes foot and then runs in

spoiled so that it doesn't ruin the surprise

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I think it's worse that they busted it out for Thea, but not Ollie. She just isn't important enough.

Also lmao at Merlyn's entire plan to save Thea's life backfiring just a little bit.

I think that it holds up to Ollies reasoning. He was willing to let himself die/rot in prison/go away, but he will (presumably) without a second thought take up the mantle of the Demon's Head in order to save Thea. If he had access to the Pit from the beginning, he would argue that it should never be used for him, but immediately dunk Thea given the necessity

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Valeyard posted:

Giving Merlyn control of the league would be the worst decision and it has to happen

Only if instead of by ribbon entering and leaving a scene, that they do it by dance *double finger snap*

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

TLG James posted:

My name is Barry Allen, and for some reason I'm in charge of the League of Assassins...

"...and I really need to stop travelling in time"

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Is the broadcast audio poo poo for anyone else? Seems like either the CW broadcast or arrow in particular, because other channels/my tv are fine

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
A thought just occurred to me: if Damien Dark is in charge of HIVE and was the cause of the military action in Honk Kong, how did Ra's get his hands on the Alpha/Omega? Assuming that the virus wasn't all used/destroyed in Honk Kong, it seems like the only players right now are Ollie/Tatsu/Maseo, Waller/Argus, and HIVE/The Army. None of them seem to have the inclination to give the virus to Ra's, HIVE least of all.

e:

Dango Bango posted:

He needs flashback Arrow hair coming from behind the mask. (I'm just used to long-haired Casey Jones :unsmith:)

Go ninja go ninja go

e:e: I think that was TMNT2 but still casey jones is

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Ra's is essentially a bigger Merlyn. He leads a global network of assassins, and there's no doubt that he'd find a way to get his hands on something like this.

I dig that, but Damien Dark was his competition for the mantle of the LoA, so presumably he is comparably skilled. When he ran from the LoA, he also took some of the waters of the Lazarus Pit which, presumably, are what create the (seemingly) mind-control aspect of the HIVE thing. Either way, he'd be just as capable of building that network, and since Hong Kong was only a few years ago, Damien Dark has had literally a century to put his pieces in place to compete with the LoA

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

TLG James posted:

Does anyone else hope that Oliver stays in the league for at least half a season? It always seems like shows are so quick to return to their own status quo.

From the leaked pictures on The Flash, it looks like he stays until the finale at the very least (or keeps the outfit, I guess the Arrow is technically dead, so that may not be the case). Doesn't seem like the brainwashing holds, but there's no way to know that for sure right now. I'm not sure how they'll dig themselves out of the hole if he leaves soon though. I mean, would Ra's just give up? "Oh man we tried to brainwash him and it didn't work. Guess I'll go see if that dude in Gotham has changed his mind yet"

e: because I can't imagine that Ra's will be killed, or even if he is that the LoA would leave them alone afterwords. I can't see a way to get Ollie out without repercussion

mcswizzle fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 1, 2015

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

Stop trying to make sense of DC fuckery. I alsmost went insane trying to chart out their bizarre logic back when they outlawed parts of the Batman universe on Justice League - there is no logic.

There is only corporate fuckery.

I'm watching the JL cartoons now, do you have any examples of this? I haven't really noticed much like that (not defending DC, I've read about some of the poo poo they've done vis a vis rights to hero's and derivitive vs inspired by nonsense)

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure that they said now that we've seen how a light hearted comic-book show can do (flash), that Arrow would take a turn for the less grim-dark in S4

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Drifter posted:

Oh, a tumblr thing. okay.

theinternet.txt

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Now that I think about it, a huge way that a lot of drama this season could've been avoided that is completely in line with being a vigilante etc...

Oliver should have a safe word with each member of the team. That way if he or they are in a compromising situation (under duress) they could explain it without being conspicuous. If he had a safe word with Diggle, for example, and he used it while he was on the phone after kidnapping Lyla then maybe Diggle would've understood that it wasn't for nefarious end.

Maybe keep the safe words secret from each other member that way there's not a chance that the secret gets out because not everyone knows - in this case he could've opened up to Diggle, and then Diggle wouldn't have been so pressed on fighting Oliver the whole way.

Safe Words: Not just for doing it

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

It's actually Hawke Girl, a series about Sondra, a single mother trying to make it on her own in Central City, juggling career and raising her son Connor.

Hawke Girl, the Champion of Kirkw...er Central City!

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
So far it seems like Steven Amell is more into S4 than he was S3. I've already seen him on FB making comments about the new direction of the show ("things will be...more green").

Hopefully that's a good sign.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I couldn't care less about the WWE stuff normally, but even I would think it was pretty cool if Amell was wrasslin' stardust and then Colton Haynes came out as Arsenal to help him out tag-team style.

Unlikely as though that is

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
This could be interesting (spoilers about the Quiver)

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Unable to link currently, but he posted a video earlier of what he's wearing to the match...it's the new Green Arrow suit, sleeveless in all it's glory

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Much obliged

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Cody must have had a lot of faith in Amell. You really don't want to fool around with a kick to the head.

Athlete or not that can be dangerous, you're absolutely right.

Does anyone have any images of what he came out in? I see the wrestling pants or whatever, but wasn't he supposed to wear a mockup of the green arrow suit?

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Here's a decent one interlaced with a meme from reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/R89JdH7.gifv

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

I didn't think S3 was that bad, but I am definitely on board for S4. That helmet is still dumb. I hope they replace it now that they know it's dumb - S4E5 Diggle - "How come none of you guys told me my helmet was dumb, I worked on it for like 3 hours" Everyone else....silence

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm really hoping he just have some arrow stopping tech instead of super powers

Well, arrows are metal and we have a dollar store magneto already, so magnets might not be far off

Also aren't they going whole hog into the meta/super power stuff now? With the success of Flash and the introduction of supernatural stuff already built into the season with Constantine it wouldn't surprise me that someone who has access to apparently limitless resources in addition to Lazarus Pit juice might have some sort of power

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Black Driver regarding the new mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
It's probably got a HUD or some interface to connect with Felicity's computer system so that he can do some of his back-office work while in the field

• Locked thread