Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Phuzzy posted:

Okay, for a dude coming in on this, which episodes from the first two seasons do I have to watch

Alternatively if you don't have the time: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/you-have-not-failed-this-city-catching-up-on-the-cws-fun-arrow

Season 2 is pretty much all mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Is there no love for full on Ollie + Roy versus Komodo? And that stunt with the window? I agree with people on this season's pacing feeling odd, but the acrobatics and stunts are top notch.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Laurel is acting as a vigilante, she will have to learn to become a hero just like Ollie.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

But he did confirm the existence of the Lazarus Pit, which is still kind of dope.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'd rather watch the View than Fallon.

Isn't Fallon just a YouTube series? :agesilaus:

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

It looked very wire-fu, which is awesome.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

That rapid shooting probably doesn't get a lot behind the individual shots.

The video shows it piercing chainmail and leather, how much do you need?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

greatn posted:

Just for arguments sake, Agent May and Agent Ward could beat all of these but Ras in hand to hand combat, and they wouldn't even beat him working together.

Yes, the derail this thread deserves. Marvel TV characters vs DC TV characters.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I agree with many of the criticisms of this season's pacing and overall plot - its just very slow and awkward, especially compared to last season. That being said, they've still put together a few amazing full on amazing episodes, even if those are more the exception than the rule this season.

Off the top of my head, The Brave and the Bold, The Climb and the most recent episode have all been very entertaining.

I'm hoping that in the future we look back on Season 3 of Arrow as an aberration, a hiccup in a strong show.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Netflix paid a boatload of cash for Gotham streaming rights. And they're desperate for as much original content as possible. I don't think them picking up Arrow and The Flash is out of the realm of possibility if the CW tanks.

They're producing MCU stuff. I can easily imagine a non-compete clause or something preventing this from happening.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Calling it now: Oliver has secretly been inoculating the team to the Omega for weeks without any foreshadowing whatsoever.

Sorry if someone already made this prediction.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

This is kind of like that season of Angel where he becomes evil and separates from the gang. Next season will be Oliver getting back in everyone's good graces and ascending to Green Arrow.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

They somehow managed to at least acceptably tie all that together. Impressive semi-recovery.

And OMG shrinking.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Merlyn showed off his true super power to defeat Ras - hostile corporate takeover.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Oh man I hope that isn't bad.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

oh jay posted:

So you hate DC for having faith in their characters and trying to develop them into series?

Okay then.

DC has a poor track record of developing successful franchises in recent years. Outside of Flash and Arrow (which are inherently limited by their medium and network) and the Nolan Batman films, DC has come nowhere close to the financial or creative success of their counterparts at Marvel.

Combined with a well documented history of heavy handed editorial interference, there isn't a lot of faith in the current leadership at DC/Time Warner/whatever the gently caress corporate structure they have. And this isn't just movies and TV, the DC comics are selling significantly worse than Marvel right now.

All this is also occurring when their IP has never been more valuable, and they don't have the same obstacles Marvel has had in losing rights to their most popular IPs.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

I fundamentally disagee with this and think TV is actually a better space for certain comic properties. You can develop your characters a lot better and rehab 2nd tier or re-imagine other properties.

I agree with your point. The limitations I referred to are the smaller audience and profits, and a smaller net cultural impact (this is a debatable point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Expect the worst, and you're very rarely disappointed.

My expectations for season 1 of Arrow were super low, which helped get me hooked.

• Locked thread