Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Needs more abs.

Care to add J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat into that OP? He might be a big part in Laurel's possible story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wasn't there some mumbo-jumbo about how all of the Queen trust funds were tied up with the company and Isabella did some shady poo poo to snatch all that away? Also, is Nyssa using al Ghul as her last name or are they sticking with Raatko? I don't recall hearing her last name in her few appearances in Season 2, specifically in the finale where she introduces herself to Felicity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Quick preview of tonight's series premiere

Honestly, I think Palmer's going to be suiting up with an arsenal of gadgets instead of the shrinking superpowers. Also, name change to Star City in the works already? :haw:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow, Vertigo skipping all the subtlety isn't he?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Katana! :swoon:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, Palmer's definitely gonna be using an arsenal of micro-sized gadgets to fight crime. :science:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So is black driver off the team now?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

HOLY poo poo :stare:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

On the other hand this'll probably lead to drunk Laurel sooo...

But yeah, it's pretty clear that :argh:Barrowman:argh: is responsible right? I mean why would Ra's send someone to kill her off when she just went back to the League?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

So they said they couldn't use Ted Kord and I'm wondering if it was just that someone decided it would be a bad idea to introduce multiple new characters who have the same first name. Seeing as they're using Ted "Wildcat" Grant as well.

No, they can't use Ted Kord because DC/WB have other plans for him (presumably an upcoming DC film).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man that killer's mask looks a lot like the Young Justice Sportsmaster mask. Please Arrow writers, make live-action Sportsmaster a thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's going to be Komodo. Only way that Ra's can be the true villain of the season and Nyssa being a potential ally for Team Arrow (because, you know, having your ex-lover which you have still feelings for killed doesn't help with family closeness). The archer's outfit is also very different from standard League garb as well.

Also, in case you need to see it again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsAe6QXlaU

That Thea training clip :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Katie Cassidy posted a pic on Facebook that shows her being fitted for a plaster mold with a bunch of other Arrow stuff in the background.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/15/how-warner-bros-justice-league-plans-kill-dc-television-and-movi/

We already know most of what's said in the article (Amell said it himself that DCTV and DCFilm would not be cohesive), but there was this inside the article:

quote:

Plus, the CW has tentative plans to make a Suicide Squad miniature season between Arrow’s winter breaks

Hopefully these plans work out and we'll have a way to get more Manu Bennett on TV :woop:

FE: Also, some of the replies there are in such deep denial ("but Crisis guys, it's gonna connect the two universes!").

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, that's Komodo. Why do I have a feeling that Oliver's gonna have one of those breakdowns at the end of the episode?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

frgildan posted:

Is komodo going to turn out to be the guy from Ollie flashbacks? I get that feeling.

Not unless one of those flashback guys is named Simon Lacroix.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Why not just go to the Hong Kong morgue?"

Best quote ever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Laurel owns so drat much.

E: AmerTek reference!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So if Komodo didn't supposedly do it, did :argh:BARROWMAN:argh: kill Sara?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thea is so :black101:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here's some info about Ray Palmer's part in all of this

Possible Flash/Atom crossover? Maybe he becomes Oliver's gadget provider?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vinnie Jones? In my Arrow? Yes please :flashfap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://screenrant.com/flash-arrow-tv-show-crossover-fight/

Here's some insight into the big crossover from the actors themselves. Really interesting how they're doing the fighting between Barry and Oliver and how they're having to adapt to each show's filming style.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fightin' crime in stilettos.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man they are really keeping Ra's under heavy wraps man. I expected a much better look at Nable's go in the teaser for next week but nope.

So psyched for episode 4 now. :fap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nah man gently caress that, keep the TV universe separate from the eventual trainwreck that is going to be the film universe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They seriously need to let it go. None of this "but Crisis can connect the universe guys come on!" :goonsay: crap.

I mean would you want to be connected to the trainwreck that was MoS and Dawn of Justice?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Gotta keep him around since he and Felicity are an item IRL.

I do like Roy though.

Since when was this ever a reason to keep an actor in a TV series? They could have written him out at the end of the second season under the pretense of "dude bailed to Bludhaven, oh well."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why did nobody think to ask, "So Thea, that big-rear end mansion you were staying in . . . who else lives there?" Besides the fact that the writers have to draw out Merlyn's big reveal for a few more episodes.

Uh, pretty sure they're lining up the big reveals (Ra's, Merlyn) for next week's episode (S03E04). The previews even had Nyssa saying "Malcom Merlyn is back in Starling City."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Clip from Arrow's facebook page

So Barrowman may have murdered Sara after all, considering that after Corto Maltese we are well aware that he's still loaded with cash and resources. Also lol at the blank piece of paper thing.

In Laurel news: Canary training coming along pretty drat well, I'd say.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 28, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Katie Cassidy is any better.

Check out her run on Supernatural and see if that doesn't change your mind.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins on TV in TYOOL 2014. Truly this is a great time for comic book media.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

McSpanky posted:

To be fair, when is she gonna tell him that her dad is Malcom "Mass Murderer" Merlyn and she's been training in sword-wielding badassery for the last five months.

Uh, I think ded was referring to Oliver, who already drat well knows who Thea's father is. It was even the main focus of Thea's small arc near the end of season 2.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maybe Nable will hit his stride later on, but I still stand by my opinion that they should have cast Oded Fehr as Ra's. Dude would have killed it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Edit: I am an idiot and thought I was in the Flash thread :downs:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oliver is probably gonna get training in intel/counter-intel and assassination techniques/black ops poo poo from ARGUS.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Drifter posted:

All the stuff he's never used back in Starling. :D

Exactly.

Anyway, the Ra's al Ghul stinger was pretty cool considering that the scene was a direct reference to the Lazarus Pit (dude sitting in a tub :v:)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Well, Ra's al Ghul wasn't played by either David Warner or Liam Neeson, so I woulda been disappointed no matter what. That's nothing against the guy they've got playing him. Anyone would have been a disappointment.

Oded Fehr :colbert:

I will fight anyone who says he's not fit for the role.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kinda easy to forget the list when you supposedly killed the man behind it while also losing your best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That stinger :stare:

• Locked thread