Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

TyrantWD posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/19/arrows-manu-bennett-joins-mtvs-shannara

Look's like we might we may end up getting little to no Slade beyond this season.

I don't expect it to last long. Certainly no longer than the 'Sword of Truth' TV series managed to last. There just isn't enough substance there to adapt into a long form series without becoming as derivative and pointless as the later books in the series. What next? Are we going to start seeing TV adaptations of Raymond E. Feist or David Eddings books? If anything, I'd rather see a producer tackle material from someone like Robin Hobb or Melanie Rawn.

Plus, Slade is too memorable of a character to be left out of the series for more than a season at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, Amell said that flashbacks would all be seasons 1-5, with the very last episode of Season 5 ending with the very first scene from the pilot, him lighting the signal fire that led to his rescue. What comes after that is open to the producers I guess, depending on how well the show maintains its popularity (which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they're doing annual Flash/Arrow crossovers).

As they create more shows, and more time passes, I would expect them to start merging programs. Eventually you just wind up with something like a JLA series, where everybody gets some face time, but not everybody is used in every episode. If someone comes up with a really good story for a solo arc, then kick it out as a miniseries rather than try to stretch it out for a full run.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

I can sort of understand everything they are doing as its all about protecting Thea. If the league did not have a huge rear end target on her then this would not even be an issue. Family makes you do stupid things.

Does anyone else see this playing out with Thea finding out the truth, owning it, bringing it to the league herself, and winning the duel? That seems to be where this whole plotline is eventually heading.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, though... she's been training in sword fighting under Merlyn (who learned from Ras), whereas swords are not Ollie's forte. It'd be a stretch, for sure, but it could maaaaybe happen. (it would never happen)

It really all depends on who gets the longest training montage with the best music playing behind it.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Rhyno posted:

They offered him a reoccurring gig but not show regular status for season 4 which is why he bailed.

He will be in every fight scene. Just look for the unconscious body, off in the corner.

• Locked thread