Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thanks hcreight for making this thread for me. I made this sweet Arrow avatar for you since you were nice enough to help me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Comics chat that is 100% allowed in this thread includes the Arrow Season 2.5 comic that's written by the show's co-creator Marc Guggenheim. It's pretty cool. Right now it's dealing with Brother Blood II who is the first's bodyguard. It also introduces Lodai who is the guy that Oliver has been paying to make all his gadgets and his suit. He's the one that's making Roy's costume too. Seems like someone they may eventually introduce in the show as well. He's all scarred up though and his face looks kind of melted so if they do it'll be a heck of a make-up job. It's a fun read and I recommend grabbing it if you're interested.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

Finances in film and television series drives me loving crazy. Like no one seems to fundamentally understand how just like a company works. Like at all.

It's a corporation, if a corporation goes bankrupt, that does not mean you go bankrupt that's why it's a corporation to protect people's finances.

Like seriously it's just dumb and drives me crazy. Yes, you would lose money if say you owned 100 percent of a companies stock, and you had no money in the bank whatsoever ,but seriously that's not how companies work.

Ugh it drives me crazy.

It's a TV show. It's not a big deal.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There were so many things in that episode that made me happy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

The arrows hit Sara just slow enough that I had time to think "Well that's a good way to have her miss a chunk of episodes this sea- Oh, okay"

Also the killer is in the drat next episode preview, stop acting like you're making a prediction.

I kind of doubt they're going to wrap that mystery up in one episode, but this is Arrow. I'm pretty sure the villain next week is just a red herring.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Is that preview guy supposed to Komodo? And have we seen any shots of him before, or could it just be a rando LoA member?

Yes and yes there was a promo shot released.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KilGrey posted:

I liked the premier and I'm excited for Laurel to be Black Canary. Kate Cassidy is an awesome actress and she deserves so much more than they've given her. I think she's going to be awesome.

Yes she is.

KilGrey posted:

That death was awesome.

Yes it was.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nobody knows why Sara died yet, who killed her, or what it's going to spur other character to do or don't do. Shut up about this dumb fridging crap.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's not going to be any Lazarus Pits. The producers of the show already said the show is going to be more grounded this season than it was last because they now have Flash to play with all the superpower stuff in. The only time you'll probably be getting anything superpowery is during the crossover.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wandle Cax posted:

I got to episode 9 the first time I tried to watch the show, then lost interest after that. When I tried to pick it up much later the next episode was a terrible one about an evil firefighter or something so it was a long time after that before I bothered trying to watch it again, starting at season 2 this time. That lasted 2 or 3 eps I think. Now I am attempting to start again after watching the season 3 premiere. Well that's my story, thank you for your time.

If you only got two or three episodes into season two then don't bother trying again. The show's just not for you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Diggle's retirement will keep getting put off every episode. I am fine with this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ray is my favorite new character now.

Also the drug dealer's failed escape is now my favorite scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Komodo: Literally Reverse Arrow

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey Oliver, Laurel is tired of your bullshit. Get it together man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Toad King posted:

Yes but only if by that guy you mean Tommy back from the dead.

Keep dreaming.

(I would be so down for this however stupid it may be)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow. Low blow Felicity.

EDIT: I'm really digging this scene, they're killing it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Laurel being awesome as hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Everyone is getting to be awesome in this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

frgildan posted:

Why the hell is no one telling him his daughter is dead. Team arrows kinda coming off like assholes.

Because he spent the better part of the last five months popping pills for a heart condition.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

frgildan posted:

So the rest of the season if gonna be like weekend at bernies? I mean at some point they have to break the news to him.

Eventually yes, but he still thinks she's with the League of Assassins so there's no hurry. He didn't know she was back.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Carlosologist posted:

Can I get a GIF of Ollie catching that arrow and shooting it right back? That was a gorgeous move there.

And he shot down the arrow before that. That whole sequence was cool as hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Some heavy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well I don't think it's Thea.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That was a pretty great episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

My god Brandon Routh is charming as gently caress. Just starting the episode and how is not cast in everything

Yeah, he's a very welcome addition to the cast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Flash is actually a much bigger name than Green Arrow so it's not surprising at all. Flash has at least some mainstream appeal and recognition. Green Arrow not so much. And yeah it's early, Flash's number will probably trail off a bit but my guess is that it'll still be higher rated than Arrow even then.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Love it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please just ignore trolls.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"What's up with your family and islands?"

:allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, oh Lyla.

EDIT: Mark Shaw!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oliver just gonna stroll right in.

EDIT: Haha, she's going by Mia.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Mog posted:

I may have said this before but I actually find Thea to be one of the better characters in the show. She stands her ground always and makes zero apologies for who she is or what she believes in. I'm interested to see where they're taking this whole plot line with her. Anyone have any idea who they could be making her into? I've never read any Arrow comics or otherwise experienced Ollie outside of Smallville.

Well she calls herself Mia in this episode. I'd recommend Googling DC and Mia if you want to know more. Although clearly there will be major differences.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahaha Gerry Conway. They're just dropping names all over the place this episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat Merlyn.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Felicity I need a favor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JohnSherman posted:

I never thought I would say this, but can we please get back to Thea's storyline?

What? This scene is great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Goddamn Laurel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I kind of like that she completely failed on her first try.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat, she got messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Welp, Thea kicks rear end now.

• Locked thread