Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Basil Hayden posted:

I can outright guarantee you that there is no way we get an all-SEC playoff.

ESPN still pushing for it though, if they can get it. Their FPI rankings:
#1 Aub
#2 Bama
#3 Miss
#4 UGa
#5 MSU
#11 LSU
#18 A&M
#20 Ark
#27 UF
#30 SC
#33 Tenn
#35 Mizz

Fsu was at 4 last week, and we dropped to 7. Auburn got clowned by miss state and pretty worked by k state, and sit at 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

pillsburysoldier posted:

#1 Aub
#2 Bama
#3 Miss
#4 UGa
#5 MSU
#11 LSU
#18 A&M
#20 Ark
#27 UF
#30 SC
#33 Tenn
#35 Mizz

Fsu was at 4 last week, and we dropped to 7. Auburn got clowned by miss state and pretty worked by k state, and sit at 1.

lol that is farcical

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Basil Hayden posted:

I can outright guarantee you that there is no way we get an all-SEC playoff.

You could maybe, maybe sell it if the SEC West just finishes in some sort of stupid round-robin wherein 'Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St. all only lose to each other, but you're right, there is no way that the committee would pass over the remaining conference champions to put in 3 teams that wouldn't have even made their conference championship game, unless we totally devolve into a bizarro world where the ACC, Pac-12, Big Ten, Big 12 champs AND Notre Dame all finish with like 4 losses.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

pillsburysoldier posted:

#1 Aub
#2 Bama
#3 Miss
#4 UGa
#5 MSU
#11 LSU
#18 A&M
#20 Ark
#27 UF
#30 SC
#33 Tenn
#35 Mizz

Most computer rankings look like that at the top right now so I'm not really surprised. It should shake itself out in the next few weeks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You really think Michigan is going to lose out when their schedule includes Indiana at home, Northwestern and an enigmatic Maryland team at home? I love that people are that pessimistic about them but they should win at least one of those games, especially if Indiana's top 2 QBs are still injured.

Also I like that Georgia Tech is projected to the Bitcoin bowl.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

You really think Michigan is going to lose out when their schedule includes Indiana at home, Northwestern and an enigmatic Maryland team at home? I love that people are that pessimistic about them but they should win at least one of those games, especially if Indiana's top 2 QBs are still injured.

They probably won't lose out, but let's not forget they got housed by Utah at home and couldn't even muster 200 total yards against Minnesota at home.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I believe you mean de facto Big Ten West leaders Minnesota

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I believe you mean de facto Big Ten West leaders Minnesota

Yeah but that's like half a step above winning the ACC Costal

E: vvv whoops :saddowns:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 20, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:thejoke: They're going to come in third behind Wisconsin and Nebraska if not fourth behind Iowa anyway.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Archie Manning just announced he's stepping down from the Playoff Committee.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is back in first place in the MWC West :)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

SDSU is back in first place in the MWC West :)

gently caress SDSU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Also I like that Georgia Tech is projected to the Bitcoin bowl.
Everything is right in the world.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

gently caress SDSU

Thanks for beating Fresno!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 9: Magic Miles XXL

Legend: Bold = bowl eligible Italics = projected eligible strike = bowl ineligible

ACC

Atlantic
pre:
Florida State    (Seminoles, 4-0, 7-0)       @LOU, UVA, @U, BC, UF     (7-1, 11-1)
Clemson          (Tigers, 5-1, 6-2)          @WF, @GT, GAST, SC        (7-1, 9-3)
Louisville       (Cardinals, 4-2, 6-2)       FSU, @BC, @ND, UK         (6-2, 9-3)
Boston College   (Eagles, 2-2, 5-3)          @VT, LOU, @FSU, CUSE      (3-5, 6-6)
Syracuse         (Orange, 1-3, 3-5)          NCST, DUKE, @PITT, @BC    (2-6, 3-8)
NC State         (Wolfpack, 0-4, 4-4)        @CUSE, GT, WF, @UNC       (2-6, 6-6)
Wake Forest      (Demon Deacons, 0-4, 2-6)   CLEM, @NCST, VT, @DUKE    (0-8, 2-10) 
Thursday determines whether or not FSU runs the table. Yes, UVA's not complete crap this year and Miami could be spunky and BC gets up for big games and who knows maybe Muschamp somehow bumbfucks himself into a win but that's all unlikely. If FSU wins they're a game up on Clemson with the tiebreaker, if they lose they still have the tiebreaker but no room for error, and more importantly on the outside of the playoff. I still think NC State can beat Wake and UNC (definitely beat Wake), but it's going to be close for them to make a bowl.

Coastal
pre:
Duke            (Blue Devils, 2-1, 6-1)        @PITT, @CUSE, VT, UNC, WF       (7-1, 11-1)
Georgia Tech    (Yellow Jackets, 3-2, 6-2)     UVA, @NCST, CLEM, @UGA          (5-3, 8-4) 
North Carolina  (Tar Heels, 2-2, 4-4)          @U, PITT, @DUKE, NCST           (2-6, 4-8)
Miami           (Hurricanes, 2-2, 5-3)         UNC, FSU, @UVA, PITT            (3-5, 6-6)
Pittsburgh      (Panthers, 2-2, 4-4)           DUKE, @UNC, CUSE, @U            (5-3, 7-5)
Virginia        (Cavaliers, 2-2, 4-4)          @GT, @FSU, U, @VT               (3-5, 5-7)
Virginia Tech   (Hokies, 1-3, 4-4)             BC, @DUKE, @WF, UVA             (4-4, 7-5)
Operation 4-4 is still alive, though only VT is projected to finish at our magical mark. At this point Duke should run the table, though at Pitt isn't a guarantee and who knows what to think of the Hokies this year. Regardless, their last two games are gimmies and GT would have to beat Clemson to stand a chance. We swap in Miami for Virginia and wait to see what happens. I had a witty line about Pitt but I dropped it.

pre:
Notre Dame (Fighting Irish, 6-1) @NAVY, @ASU, NW, LOU, @USC (11-1)
The Arizona State game is going to be one to watch. I've got the Irish winning for now, but their hopes ride on that game and they can't overlook Louisville. Again, if the Irish win out it'll be hard to keep them out of the Playoff, but one more L and they're looking at the Orange Bowl.

ACC Projected Bowl Teams (11): FSU, Notre Dame, Duke, Louisville, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, NC State, Miami, Boston College
ACC Projected Playoff Contenders: Florida State, Notre Dame
ACC Projected Access Contenders: Duke

Big Ten

East
pre:
Michigan State  (Spartans, 4-0, 7-1)            OHSU, @MARY, RUT, @PENN              (8-0, 11-1)
Ohio State      (Buckeyes, 3-0, 6-1)            ILL, @MICHST, @MINN, IND, MICH       (7-1, 10-2)
Maryland        (Terapins, 2-2, 5-3)            @PENN, MICHST, @MICH, RUT            (4-4, 7-5)
Penn State      (Nittany Lions, 1-3, 4-3)       MARY, @IND, TEMPLE, @ILL, MICHST     (4-4, 8-4)
Rutgers         (Scarlet Knights, 1-3, 5-3)     WISC, IND, @MICHST, @MARY            (2-6, 6-6)
Michigan        (Wolverines, 1-3, 3-5)          IND, @NW, MARY, @OHSU                (1-7, 3-9)
Indiana         (Hoosiers, 0-3, 3-4)            @MICH, PENN, @RUT, @OHSU, PUR        (2-6, 5-7)
Unless Ohio State fucks up hardcore this week against Illinois, Buckeye/Sparty will determine who wins this division and whether or not the Big Ten's going to have a say in the Playoff. Maryland and Rutgers are on the threshold of bowl contention; one's guaranteed to get in since they play each other but I think they both can make it. Fire Brady.

West
pre:
Nebraska       (Huskers, 3-1, 7-1)            PUR, @WISC, MINN, @IOWA          (6-2, 10-2)
Minnesota      (Golden Gophers, 3-1, 6-2)     IOWA, OHSU, @NEB, @WISC          (3-5, 6-6)
Iowa           (Hawkeyes, 2-1, 5-2)           NW, @MINN, @ILL, WISC, NEB       (5-3, 8-4)
Wisconsin      (Badgers, 2-1, 5-2)            @RUT, @PUR, NEB, @IOWA, MINN     (7-1, 10-2)
Northwestern   (Wildcats, 2-2, 3-4)           @IOWA, MICH, @ND, @PUR, ILL      (5-3, 7-5)
Purdue         (Boilermakers, 1-3, 3-5)        @NEB, WISC, NW, @IND            (1-7, 3-9)
Illinois       (Fightin’ Illini, 1-3, 4-4)     @OHSU, IOWA, PENN, @NW          (1-7, 4-8)
Minnesota if you can't beat loving Illinois you don't deserve to be on top of a division. I'd say you don't deserve to go to a bowl but you've already qualified. I've still got Wisconsin over Nebraska with the game is Madison but I'm not feeling great on it.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Teams (10): Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Minnesota, Rutgers
Big Ten Projected Playoff Contenders: Michigan State
Big Ten Projected Access Contenders: Ohio State, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Big 12

pre:
Kansas State     (Wildcats, 4-0, 6-1)         OKST, @TCU, @WVU, KU, @BAY     (7-2, 9-3)
West Virginia    (Mountaineers, 4-1, 6-2)     TCU, @TEX, KST, @ISU           (6-3, 8-4)
TCU              (Horned Frogs, 3-1, 6-1)     @WVU, KST, @KU, @TEX, ISU      (7-2, 10-2)
Baylor           (Bears, 3-1, 6-1)            KU, @OK, OKST, @TTU, KST       (7-2, 10-2)
Oklahoma State   (Cowboys, 3-2, 5-3)          @KST, TEX, @BAY, @OK           (4-5, 6-6) 
Oklahoma         (Sooners, 2-2, 5-2)          @ISU, BAY, @TTU, KU, OKST      (7-2, 10-2)
Texas            (Longhorns, 2-3, 3-5)        @TTU, WVU, @OKST, TCU          (2-7, 3-9)
Texas Tech       (Red Raiders, 1-4, 3-5)      TEX, OK, @ISU, BAY             (3-6, 5-7)
Iowa State       (Cyclones, 0-4, 2-5)         OK, @KU, TTU, WVU, @TCU        (1-8, 2-10)
Kansas           (Jayhawks, 0-4, 2-5)         @BAY, ISU, TCU, @OK, @KST      (0-9, 2-10)
With the Big 12, we can ignore the bottom four of the conference. I'm not sold on Okie Lite, so disregard them but with a game against Texas they should limp into a bowl. TCU's at West Virginia this week and whoever drops that one is hurting for contention, and a third Mountaineer loss ruins any hopes they have of backdooring into something important. K-State is at TCU the week after and has to go to Morgantown and Waco and they're not winning at all three. Baylor has to go to Norman and hosts K-State to end the season. No one other than K-State can afford another loss and with the Wildcat's road schedule they don't have much room for error. If anyone's going to cannibalize themselves out of the playoff, it's going to be the teams here.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Teams (6): Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Kansas State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State
Big 12 Projected Playoff Contenders: None
Big 12 Projected Access Contenders: Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU

Pac-12

North
pre:
Oregon            (Ducks, 4-1, 7-1)            STAN, @UTAH, COL, @ORST             (8-1, 11-1)
Stanford          (Cardinal, 3-2, 5-3)         @ORG, UTAH, @CAL, @UCLA             (6-3, 8-4)
California        (Golden Bears, 2-4, 4-4)     @ORST, @USC, STAN, BYU              (3-6, 6-6)
Washington        (Huskies, 1-3, 5-3)          @COL, UCLA, @ARIZ, ORST, @WAZZU     (4-5, 8-5)
Oregon State       (Beavers, 1-3, 4-3)         CAL, WAZZU, ASU, @WASH, ORG         (2-7, 5-7)
Washington State   (Cougars, 1-4, 2-6)         USC, @ORST, @ASU, WASH              (1-8, 2-10)
Oregon/Stanford determines the division and most likely whether the Pac-12 has a representative in the Playoff or not. Cal/Oregon State looks like it'll be a bowl eliminator.

South
pre:
Arizona State   (Sun Devils, 4-1, 6-1)   UTAH, ND, @ORST, WAZZU, @ARIZ     (7-2, 9-3)
Arizona         (Wildcats, 3-1, 6-1)     @UCLA, COL, WASH, @UTAH, ASU      (7-2, 10-2)
Utah            (Utes, 3-1, 6-1)         @ASU, ORG, @STAN, ARIZ, @COL      (4-5, 7-5)
USC             (Trojans, 4-2, 5-3)      @WAZZU, CAL, @UCLA, ND            (7-2, 8-4)
UCLA            (Bruins, 3-2, 6-2)       ARIZ, @WASH, USC, STAN            (5-4, 8-4)
Colorado        (Buffaloes, 0-5, 2-6)    WASH, @ARIZ, @ORG, UTAH           (0-9, 2-10)
Looks like the Duel in the Desert's going to the decide the South this year, but with ASU facing Notre Dame and Arizona going to UCLA and Utah I don't see either running the table. Utah's gotten themselves eligible but the next four games are brutal. I had four teams going 7-2 in the division last week, UCLA falls off the pace here and we'll see how the rest are looking next week. I don't think ASU/Arizona/USC will all go 7-2, but the Arizona schools might...

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Teams (9): Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Utah, California
Pac-12 Projected Playoff Teams: Oregon
Pac-12 Projected Access Teams: Arizona, UCLA

SEC

East
pre:
Georgia          (Bulldogs, 4-1, 6-1)      UF, @UK, AUB, charso, GT       (6-2, 10-2)
Missouri         (Tigers, 3-1, 6-2)        UK, @ATM, @UT, ARK             (7-1, 10-2)
Kentucky         (Wildcats, 2-3, 5-3)      @MIZZ, UGA, @UT, LOU           (3-5, 6-6)
Florida          (Gators, 2-3, 3-3)        UGA, @VAN, SC, eastky, FSU     (3-5, 5-6)
South Carolina   (Gamecocks, 2-4, 4-4)     UT, @UF, USA, @CLEM            (4-4, 8-4)
Tennessee        (Volunteers, 0-4, 3-5)    @SC, UK, MIZZ, @VAN            (1-7, 4-8)
Vanderbilt       (Commodores, 0-5, 2-6)    ODU, UF, @MSST, UT             (0-8, 3-9)
Situation remains the same for Georgia and Missouri and that game against Auburn is an eliminator. I'm willing to give Kentucky the win at Tennessee now and that will move them into a bowl.

West
pre:
Mississippi State   (Bulldogs, 4-0, 7-0)         ARK, utmart, @BAMA, VAN, @MISS       (7-1, 11-1)
Ole Miss            (Rebels, 4-1, 7-1)           AUB, pres, @ARK, MSST                (6-2, 10-2)
Alabama             (Crimson Tide, 4-1, 7-1)     @LSU, MSST, wcar, AUB                (5-3, 9-3) 
Auburn              (Tigers, 3-1, 6-1)           @MISS, ATM, @UGA, samford, @BAMA     (7-1, 11-1)
LSU                 (Tigers, 3-2, 7-2)           BAMA, @ARK, @ATM                     (5-3, 9-3)
Texas A&M           (Aggies, 2-3, 5-3)           ULM, @AUB, MIZZ, LSU                 (2-6, 6-6)
Arkansas            (Razorbacks, 0-3, 4-3)       @MSST, LSU, MISS, @MIZZ              (0-8, 4-8)
Time for the division to start knocking themselves off. Auburn/Ole Miss will be an eliminator and Alabama's got guaranteed to win at LSU either. I'd take a 10-2 team from this division over a 10-2 team from anywhere else, but I don't think I'd take a 10-2 team over an 11-1/12-1/11-2 team from anywhere else, and that's the question the committee will have to answer.

SEC Projected Bowl Teams (10): Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky
SEC Projected Playoff Teams: Auburn, Miss State
SEC Projected Contract Teams: Ole Miss, Missouri, Georgia

American

pre:
East Carolina     (Pirates, 3-0, 6-1)              @TEMPLE, @CIN, TULANE, @TULSA, UCF      (8-0, 11-1)
UCF               (Knights, 3-0, 5-2)              @UCONN, TULSA, SMU, @USF, @ECU          (7-1, 9-3)
Houston           (Cougars, 2-1, 4-3)              @USF, TULANE, TULSA, @SMU, @CIN         (6-2, 8-4)
Memphis           (Tigers, 2-1, 4-3)               TULSA, @TEMPLE, @TULANE, USF, UCONN     (7-1, 9-3)
Cincinnati        (Bearkats, 2-1, 4-3)             @TULANE, ECU, @UCONN, @TEMPLE, HOU      (5-3, 7-5)
Temple            (Owls, 2-2, 4-3)                 ECU, MEM, @PENN, CIN, @TULANE           (3-5, 5-7)
South Florida     (Bulls, 2-2, 3-5)                HOU, @SMU, @MEM, UCF                    (3-5, 4-8)
Tulane            (Green Wave, 1-2, 2-5)           CIN, @HOU, MEM, @ECU, TEMPLE            (1-7, 2-10)
Tulsa             (Golden Hurricane, 1-2, 1-6)     @MEM, SMU, @UCF, @HOU, ECU              (2-6, 3-9)
SMU               (Mustangs, 0-3, 0-7)             MEM, @TULSA, USF, @UCF, HOU, @UCONN     (0-8, 0-12)
Connecticut       (Huskies, 0-4, 1-6)              UCF, @ARMY, CIN, @MEM, SMU              (1-7, 3-9)
I said that ECU would have to lose again in order to be knocked out of the lead for the Group of Five Access Bowl spot. They didn't lose but looking like poo poo against a crap team like UConn at home in a nationally televised game is pretty close and it wouldn't surprise me if the Committee puts the Herd over Pirate when the rankings come out. Everyone else treads water though we've moved our bowl teams above those who won't make it and officially bid farewell to SMU for the season.

American Projected Bowl Teams (5): East Carolina, UCF, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston
American Projected Access Teams: East Carolina

Conference USA

East
pre:
Marshall                   (Thundering Herd, 4-0, 8-0)     @USM, RICE, @UAB, WKU               (8-0, 12-0)
Middle Tennessee State     (Blue Raiders, 4-1, 5-3)        BYU, @FIU, FAU, @UTEP               (7-1, 9-3)
FIU                        (Golden Panthers, 2-2, 3-5)     RICE, @ODU, MTSU, @UNT              (3-5, 6-6)
UAB                        (Blazers, 2-2, 4-4)             @FAU, LATECH, MAR, @USM             (4-4, 6-6)
FAU                        (Owls, 2-2, 3-5)                UAB, @UNT, @MTSU, ODU               (4-4, 5-7)
Western Kentucky           (Hilltoppers, 1-3, 3-4)         @LATECH, UTEP, ARMY, UTSA, @MAR     (2-6, 5-7)
Old Dominion               (Monarchs, 1-4, 3-5)            @VAN, FIU, LATECH, @FAU             (1-7, 2-10)
We'll see how the Committee favors Marshall potentially running the table over ECU's superior wins. That's about it for drama here. Interesting drama, at least.

West
pre:
Louisiana Tech   (Bulldogs, 4-0, 5-3)          WKU, @UAB, @ODU, RICE               (8-0, 9-3)
Rice             (Owls, 2-1, 4-3)              @FIU, UTSA, @MAR, UTEP, @LATECH     (5-3, 7-5)
UTEP             (Miners, 2-1, 4-3)            USM, @WKU, UNT, @RICE, MTSU         (5-3, 7-5)
Southern Miss    (Golden Eagles, 1-3, 3-5)     @UTEP, MAR, @UTSA, UAB              (1-7, 3-9)
UTSA             (Roadrunners, 1-3, 2-6)       @RICE, USM, @WKU, UNT               (3-5, 4-8)
North Texas      (Mean Green, 0-4, 2-6)        FAU, @UTEP, FIU, @UTSA              (1-7, 3-9)
Either you're a good team or you're not in the C-USA West.

C-USA Projected Bowl Teams (6): Marshall, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, Rice, UTEP, UAB
C-USA Projected Access Teams: Marshall

MAC

East
pre:
Bowling Green     (Falcons, 3-1, 5-3)            @AKRON, KENT, TOLEDO, BALL     (6-2, 8-4)
Akron             (Zips, 2-2, 4-4)               BG, @BUFF, UMASS, @KENT        (6-2, 8-4)
Miami             (Redhawks, 2-3, 2-7)           WMU, @CMU, OHIO                (2-6, 2-10)
Ohio              (Bobcats, 2-3, 4-5)            BUFF, NIU, @MOH                (4-4, 6-6)
Massachussets     (Minutemen, 2-3, 2-7)          BALL, @AKRON, BUFF             (2-6, 2-10)
Buffalo           (Bulls, 1-3, 3-5)              @OHIO, AKRON, KENT, @UMASS     (4-4, 6-6)
Kent State        (Golden Flashes, 0-4, 1-7)     TOLEDO, @BG, @BUFF, AKRON      (0-8, 1-11)
Akron's gotten afraid of success. Buffalo looks like they can go 6-6, but still need a waiver to go bowling with their two FCS wins and I don't think those waivers are going out this year. Kent State and UMass are certified bad.

West
pre:
Toledo                (Rockets, 4-0, 5-3)       @KENT, @NIU, BG, @EMU          (6-2, 7-5)
Northern Illinois     (Huskies, 3-1, 6-2)       @BALL, TOLEDO, @OHIO, @WMU     (7-1, 10-2)
Western Michigan      (Broncos, 3-1, 5-3)       @MOH, EMU, @CMU, NIU           (5-3, 7-5)
Central Michigan      (Chippewas, 3-2, 5-4)     @EMU, MOH, WMU                 (5-3, 7-5)
Ball State            (Cardinals, 2-2, 3-5)     NIU, @UMASS, EMU, @BG          (4-4, 5-7)
Eastern Michigan      (Eagles, 1-3, 2-6)        CMU, @WMU, @BALL, TOLEDO       (2-6, 3-9)
Ball State's starting to get a little fiesty. Other than that it's kinda whatevs.

MAC Projected Bowl Teams (7): Northern Illinois, Akron, Bowling Green, Toledo, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Ohio
MAC Projected Access Teams: None

Mountain West

Mountain
pre:
Boise State        (Broncos, 3-1, 6-2)       @NM, SDSU, @WYO, USU              (7-1, 10-2)
Colorado State     (Rams, 3-1, 7-1)          @SJST, HAW, NM, @AF               (6-2, 10-2)
Utah State         (Aggies, 2-1, 5-3)        @HAW, @WYO, NM, SJST, @BOISE      (5-3, 8-5)
Air Force          (Falcons, 2-2, 5-2)       @ARMY, @UNLV, NEV, @SDSU, CSU     (5-3, 9-3)
Wyoming            (Buffaloes, 1-3, 3-5)     @FRESNO, USU, BOISE, @NM          (2-6, 4-8)
New Mexico         (Lobos, 0-3, 2-5)         @UNLV, BOISE, @USU, @CSU, WYO     (1-7, 3-9)
I'm starting to see projections that have CSU entering the ECU/Marshall race. It's not out of question and the remaining schedule isn't too hard, but they'll need to win against Air Force and get help from the aforementioned two.

West
pre:
San Diego State     (Aztecs, 3-1, 4-3)               @NEV, IDAHO, @BOISE, AF, SJST       (5-3, 7-5)
San Jose State      (Spartans, 2-1, 3-4)             CSU, @FRESNO, HAW, @USU, @SDSU      (3-5, 4-8)
Fresno State        (Bulldogs, 2-2, 3-5)             WYO, SJST, @NEV, HAW                (5-3, 6-6)
Nevada              (Wolfpack, 2-2, 5-3)             SDSU, @AF, FRESNO, @UNLV            (3-5, 6-6)
Hawai’i             (Rainbow Warriors, 1-2, 2-6)     USU, @CSU, @SJST, UNLV, @FRESNO     (2-6, 3-9)
UNLV                (Rebels, 1-3, 2-6)               NM, AF, @BYU, @HAW, NEV             (1-7, 2-10)
I guess the MWC-W is San Diego State's to lose. I don't have a good feel on anyone except that my people and UNLV are terrible.

MWC Projected Bowl Teams (7): Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, Utah State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada
MWC Projected Access Teams: None

Sun Belt

pre:
Georgia Southern        (Golden Eagles, 5-0, 6-2)     TROY, @TXST, @NAVY, ULM            (8-0, 10-2)
Louisiana-Lafayette     (Rajun’ Cajuns, 3-0, 4-3)     USA, @NMST, @ULM, APP, @TROY       (7-1, 8-4)
South Alabama           (Jaguars, 4-1, 5-2)           @ULL, @ARKST, TXST, @SC, NAVY      (5-3, 7-5)
Arkansas State          (Red Wolves, 2-1, 4-3)        @IDAHO, USA, APP, @TXST, NMST      (7-1, 9-3)
Texas State             (Bobcats, 2-1, 4-3)           @NMST, GSU, @USA, ARKST, @GAST     (4-4, 6-6)
Louisiana-Monroe        (Warhawks, 2-2, 3-4)          @ATM, @APP, ULL, @NMST, @GSU       (5-3, 8-4)
Appalachian State       (Mountaineers, 1-2, 2-5)      GAST, ULM, @ARKST, @ULL, IDAHO     (3-5, 4-8)
Troy                    (Trojans, 1-3, 1-7)           @GSU, GAST, @IDAHO, ULL            (3-5, 5-7)
New Mexico State        (Aggies, 1-3, 2-6)            TXST, ULL, ULM, @ARKST             (1-7, 2-10)
Idaho                   (Vandals, 1-4, 1-6)           ARKST, @SDSU, TROY, @APP           (1-7, 1-10)
Georgia State           (Panthers, 0-5, 1-7)          @APP, @TROY, @CLEM, TXST           (0-8, 1-11)
We could have co-Sun Belt Champs with Georgia Southern and ULL both 8-0 and yet only the Cajuns would go bowling. I think. Someone check this for me please. Troy and Georgia State are formally gone.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Teams (5): Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, Louisiana-Monroe, Texas State
Sun Belt Projected Access Teams: None

Independents

pre:
BYU      (Cougars, 4-4)           @MTSU, UNLV, savst, @CAL           (6-6)
Navy     (Midshipmen, 4-4)        ND, GSU, @USA, ARMY                (5-7)
Army     (Black Knights, 2-5)     AF, UCONN, @WKU, fordham, NAVY     (3-9)
No real change here.

Independent Projected Bowl Teams (1): BYU
Independent Projected Access Teams: None

Number of Bowl Slots: 76
Number of Projected Bowl Teams: 77 - 11 (ACC), 10 (Big Ten, SEC), 9 (Pac-12), 7 (MAC, MWC), 6 (Big 12, C-USA), 5 (American, Sun Belt), 1 (Indep)

CFB Playoffs
pre:
Rose             1/1      Pasadena, California       Semifinal     Michigan State vs. Oregon
Sugar            1/1      New Orleans, Louisiana     Semifinal     Notre Dame vs. Auburn
Championship     1/12     Arlington, Texas           Final         Rose Winner vs. Sugar Winner
I'm not willing to change my projections yet, so let's take a look at how we get there. Take everyone who's got zero or one losses:

0: FSU, Mississippi State, Marshall
1: Duke, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Kansas State, TCU, Baylor, Oregon, Arizona State, Arizona, Utah, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, ECU, Colorado State.

That's 20 teams that make up our pool. ECU/Marshall/Colorado State don't have a realistic shot unless complete anarchy happens. Here's how the schedule looks from here on out with games featuring two teams from this list:

11/1: Auburn @ Ole Miss, Utah @ Arizona State
11/8: Oregon @ Utah, Notre Dame @ Arizona State, Ohio State @ Michigan State, Kansas State @ TCU
11/15: Mississippi State @ Alabama, Auburn @ Georgia
11/22: Arizona @ Utah
11/28: Arizona State @ Arizona
11/29: Mississippi State @ Ole Miss, Auburn @ Alabama
12/6: Kansas State @ Baylor, ACC/Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC Championship games

Obviously this doesn't include any other marquee matchups but it's a look at what eliminators we have coming up. We'll lose one of Auburn/Ole Miss and Utah/Arizona State this weekend, and Utah still has two more games from this list if they survive. Next weekend is huge, though we'll go from four games to three after the Utah/ASU game.

What does this have to do with the playoff? None of the four teams I projected last week lost so I'm not willing to bump them. Auburn's time could be up, however.

Access Bowls
pre:
Orange     12/31     Miami, Florida        ACC 1 vs. SEC/B1G/ND      Florida State vs. Ole Miss
Peach      12/31     Atlanta, Georgia      At-Large vs. At-Large     Mississippi State vs. Ohio State
Fiesta     12/31     Glendale, Arizona     At-Large vs. At-Large     Oklahoma vs. ECU
Cotton     1/1       Arlington, Texas      At-Large vs. At-Large     Baylor vs. Nebraska
This stays the same with no massive losses, save Ole Miss and even that one is survivable. I think a 10-2 Ole Miss goes somewhere unless that second loss is really bad.

And the rest.

pre:
R+L Carriers New Orleans                     12/20     New Orleans, Louisiana      Sun Belt vs. MWC      Arkansas State vs. Utah State
Gildan New Mexico                            12/20     Albuquerque, New Mexico     MWC vs. C-USA         Air Force vs. Western Michigan
Royal Purple Las Vegas                       12/20     Las Vegas, Nevada           MWC vs. Pac-12        Colorado State vs. UCLA
Famous Idaho Potato                          12/20     Boise, Idaho                MAC vs. MWC           Toledo vs. Fresno State
Raycom Media Camellia                        12/20     Montgomery, Alabama         MAC vs. Sun Belt      Bowling Green vs. South Alabama
Miami Beach                                  12/22     Miami, Florida              AAC vs. BYU           Houston vs. BYU
Boca Raton                                   12/23     Boca Raton, Florida         C-USA vs. MAC         Marshall vs. Northern Illinois
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia     12/23     San Diego, California       MWC vs. Navy          Boise State vs. Washington
Popeyes Bahamas                              12/24     Nassau, Bahamas             C-USA vs. MAC         UAB vs. Central Michigan
Hawai'i                                      12/24     Honolulu, Hawai’i           C-USA vs. MWC         Middle Tennessee vs. San Diego State
Heart of Dallas                              12/26     Dallas, Texas               Big Ten vs. C-USA     Texas State vs. Rice
Quick Lane                                   12/26     Detroit, Michigan           ACC vs. Big Ten       Boston College vs. Minnesota
BITCOIN St. Petersburg                       12/26     St. Petersburg, Florida     AAC vs. ACC           UCF vs. Miami
Military                                     12/27     Annapolis, Maryland         AAC vs. ACC           Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh
Hyundai Sun                                  12/27     El Paso, Texas              ACC vs. Pac-12        Georgia Tech vs. Stanford  
Duck Commander Independence                  12/27     Shreveport, Louisiana       ACC vs. SEC           NC State vs. Louisiana Tech
New Era Pinstripe                            12/27     Bronx, New York             ACC vs. Big Ten       Virginia Tech vs. Rutgers      
National University Holiday                  12/27     San Diego, California       Big Ten vs. Pac-12    Iowa vs. Arizona State
AutoZone Liberty                             12/29     Memphis, Tennessee          Big 12 vs. SEC        West Virginia vs. Missouri
Russell Athletic                             12/29     Orlando, Florida            ACC vs. Big 12        Duke vs. Kansas State
AdvoCare V100 Texas                          12/29     Houston, Texas              Big 12 vs. SEC        Cal vs. Texas A&M
Franklin American Mortgage Music City        12/30     Nashville, Tennessee        SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten   Ohio vs. Louisville
Belk                                         12/30     Charlotte, North Carolina   ACC vs. SEC           Clemson vs. Kentucky
San Francisco                                12/30     Santa Clara, California     Big Ten vs. Pac-12    Northwestern vs. USC
Citrus                                       1/1       Orlando, Florida            Big Ten vs. SEC       Wisconsin vs. Georgia
Outback                                      1/1       Tampa, Florida              Big Ten vs. SEC       Penn State vs. Alabama
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces                 1/2       Fort Worth, Texas           AAC vs. Army          UTEP vs. Nevada
TaxSlayer Gator                              1/2       Jacksonville, Florida       SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten   LSU vs. Maryland
Valero Alamo                                 1/2       San Antonio, Texas          Big 12 vs. Pac-12     TCU vs. Arizona
Cactus                                       1/2       Tempe, Arizona              Big 12 vs. Pac-12     Oklahoma State vs. Utah 
Birmingham                                   1/3       Birmingham, Alabama         AAC vs. SEC           Memphis vs. Texas A&M
GoDaddy                                      1/4       Mobile, Alabama             MAC vs. Sun Belt      Akron vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
We're already at the point where we have more teams than slots and as usual the Sun Belt pays the cost, as 8-4 Louisiana-Monroe gets passed over, even by the New Mexico Bowl which takes a 7-5 Western Michigan instead. Looks like we need some more bowls, pool your money so we can have the TFF Farthouse Stairs Bowl in Lowtax's backyard in a couple of years.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 26, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Orange Bowl (as well as the other contract bowls) doesn't have to take the runner-up of the ACCCG. If FSU is playoff bound and Clemson doesn't drop any more conference games, they'll likely take Clemson over Duke, just like last year. (I'm expecting Duke to drop another game before the ACCCG)

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 28, 2014

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
What are the chances that everyone in both the Big 12 and SEC ends up with 2 losses and our final 4 is:

FSU
Oregon
Michigan State
Notre Dame

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

What are the chances that everyone in both the Big 12 and SEC ends up with 2 losses and our final 4 is:

FSU
Oregon
Michigan State
Notre Dame

I don't see FSU losing twice at this point, but those as a final 4 isn't too crazy of an idea.

E: oh whoops I misread you. Still, that's entirely possible.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 28, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Lasagna Pilot posted:

FSU
Oregon
Michigan State
Notre Dame

Considering the SEC West teams have to beat up on each other the rest of the season, it's not out of the realm of possibility....

- UGA drops to Auburn making UGA 2L
- Auburn drops to Ole Miss making Auburn 2L
- Ole Miss drops to Miss St. making Ole Miss 2L
- Miss St. drops to Bama and Ole Miss making Miss St. 2L
- Bama drops to UGA in SECCG making Bama 2L

edit: nevermind, I think it'd be really hard to get Miss St. to 2 losses... The scenario can happen, but SOMEONE has to drop a game to Arkansas.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 28, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I think Oregon will lose to Stanford and/or Utah. Which is probably for the best as our defense is horrible and I don't want them to be embarrassed in a playoff game and hurt the conferences chances going forward. This whole thing is shaping up to be an ESPN picked fraud and they better go to 16 teams ASAP.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Scarf posted:

Considering the SEC West teams have to beat up on each other the rest of the season, it's not out of the realm of possibility....

edit: nevermind, I think it'd be really hard to get Miss St. to 2 losses... The scenario can happen, but SOMEONE has to drop a game to Arkansas.

Auburn loses to Georgia, Beats Bama --> Auburn and Bama 2Ls

Ole Miss loses to Auburn --> Ole Miss 2L

Miss St loses @Bama, @Ole Miss --> Miss St 2L

UGA loses the SECCG --> UGA 2L

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Auburn loses to Georgia, Beats Bama --> Auburn and Bama 2Ls

Ole Miss loses to Auburn --> Ole Miss 2L

Miss St loses @Bama, @Ole Miss --> Miss St 2L

UGA loses the SECCG --> UGA 2L

Vanderbilt sneaks into playoff game while everyone is wondering what in the gently caress happened, becomes Nat'l Champ.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm trying to figure out the maximum fairly reasonable chaos we could get.

Mississippi State wins out (thus giving Alabama/Ole Miss two losses) since with four teams getting in we're better off creating a mess for 2-4 than worrying about #1, lose to Georgia (who lost to Auburn), Ole Miss beats Auburn, Stanford beats Oregon, Arizona State beats Notre Dame, Arizona beats Arizona State but loses Pac-12 title game, either Ohio State or Nebraska win out, Florida State drops to Louisville and the ACC Title game to Duke (who win out). Marshall wins out because of the 1% chance whatever PR thing they're planning works.

What the gently caress happens here?

Mississippi State
Duke?
Ohio State/Nebraska?
Ole Miss/Georgia/(Auburn/Alabama winner) clusterfuck?

I think this is the craziest situation I can make in terms of 'who the gently caress gets in'.

Edit: Oh god I forgot about Les Miles bullshit.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 28, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Saw this on Grantland:
https://twitter.com/SolidVerbal/status/526341881790464000/photo/1

quote:

LSU beats Ole Miss
Auburn beats Ole Mis
LSU beats Alabama
Alabama beats Mississippi State
Ole Miss beats Mississippi State
Alabama beats Auburn
These five teams don't lose to anyone else

Five-way tie for 10-2 in SEC West. Everyone is 2-2 against each other.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas, Michigan, Florida, Colorado

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas, Michigan, Florida, Colorado

I would watch the poo poo out of a sort of "NIT" equivalent football tournament

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of a sort of "NIT" equivalent football tournament

Finally settle the argument of "whose the best 3-9 team in the land"?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor and TCU winning out and TCU going to the playoffs despite Baylor winning the head to head would be my ideal situation of having a grudge to hold onto forever

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Five-way tie for 10-2 in SEC West. Everyone is 2-2 against each other.
So they'll have to resort to SoV/SoS/Arcane Bullshit to determine SECW winner, who then beats UGA in SECCG goes to playoffs. A five-way two-loss pileup at the top of the SEC West won't be enough to keep out whichever one wins the conference.

Wait - maybe it's possible. If UGA comes into the SECCG with two losses (three would be better though for this scenario, maybe they'll choke really loving hard against Florida?) against a west champ with two losses and wins it by a field goal, maybe that would be enough to knock out the SECW and still keep UGA out.

And of course, FSU and at least three strong 1-loss teams have to win out. Oregon, Notre Dame, MI State/Baylor maybe?

Even then, it's a stretch. You're still going to have arguments for (insert SEC West team here that's still 10-2) having beaten more quality opponents than (ND/Oregon/etc)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 29, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kwik posted:

You could maybe, maybe sell it if the SEC West just finishes in some sort of stupid round-robin wherein 'Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St. all only lose to each other
One of Alabama or Auburn finish with a minimum of two losses as they are yet to play one another, so one of them will be out.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baylor and TCU winning out and TCU going to the playoffs despite Baylor winning the head to head would be my ideal situation of having a grudge to hold onto forever

I swear to God, if this happens and I have to hear about how much better TCU's schedule was for having loving Minnesota on it and how that's totally enough to counteract a head-to-head...:rant:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Fenrir posted:

So they'll have to resort to SoV/SoS/Arcane Bullshit to determine SECW winner, who then beats UGA in SECCG goes to playoffs. A five-way two-loss pileup at the top of the SEC West won't be enough to keep out whichever one wins the conference.

Wait - maybe it's possible. If UGA comes into the SECCG with two losses (three would be better though for this scenario, maybe they'll choke really loving hard against Florida?) against a west champ with two losses and wins it by a field goal, maybe that would be enough to knock out the SECW and still keep UGA out.

And of course, FSU and at least three strong 1-loss teams have to win out. Oregon, Notre Dame, MI State/Baylor maybe?

Even then, it's a stretch. You're still going to have arguments for (insert SEC West team here that's still 10-2) having beaten more quality opponents than (ND/Oregon/etc)

I wasn't convinced that a 2-loss SEC champ would get in but the early committee rankings aren't buying Ohio State at all so now I think a 2-loss champ gets in.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 10: For Whom The Bert Tolls

Legend: Bold = bowl eligible Italics = projected eligible strike = bowl ineligible

ACC

Atlantic
pre:
Florida State    (Seminoles, 5-0, 8-0)       UVA, @U, BC, UF             (8-0, 12-0)
Clemson          (Tigers, 5-1, 6-2)          @WF, @GT, GAST, SC          (7-1, 10-2)
Boston College   (Eagles, 3-2, 6-3)          LOU, @FSU, CUSE             (4-4, 7-5)
Louisville       (Cardinals, 4-3, 6-3)       @BC, @ND, UK                (5-3, 8-4)
NC State         (Wolfpack, 1-4, 5-4)        GT, WF, @UNC                (3-5, 7-5)
Syracuse         (Orange, 1-4, 3-6)          DUKE, @PITT, @BC           (2-6, 3-8)
Wake Forest      (Demon Deacons, 0-4, 2-6)   CLEM, @NCST, VT, @DUKE     (0-8, 2-10) 
At this point there's no reason for FSU to not run the table and be in the Playoff. None of the games are complete gimmies but FSU will be favored by double-digits in all of them. I'm now willing to put Clemson over South Carolina at the end of the year which moves them into the Access Bowl discussion. NC State just need to beat Wake to make a bowl, while the Deacs and Cuse are playing out the side.

Coastal
pre:
Duke            (Blue Devils, 3-1, 7-1)        @CUSE, VT, UNC, WF     (7-1, 11-1)
Georgia Tech    (Yellow Jackets, 4-2, 7-2)     @NCST, CLEM, @UGA      (5-3, 8-4) 
Miami           (Hurricanes, 3-2, 6-3)         FSU, @UVA, PITT        (4-4, 7-5)
North Carolina  (Tar Heels, 2-3, 4-5)          PITT, @DUKE, NCST      (2-6, 4-8)
Virginia        (Cavaliers, 2-3, 4-5)          @FSU, U, @VT           (2-6, 4-8)
Pittsburgh      (Panthers, 2-3, 4-5)           @UNC, CUSE, @U         (5-3, 7-5)
Virginia Tech   (Hokies, 1-4, 4-5)             @DUKE, @WF, UVA        (3-5, 6-6)
Operation 4-4 sees only Da U projected to finish there and I'm not sure of who's going to win between them and Pitt at the end of the year. I think Duke's got an inexplicable loss in them but unless GT managed to somehow dump Clemson the Blue Devils have enough of a margin to hold on for the second consecutive division title. UNC and Virginia aren't dead but I'm not willing to hop on board.

pre:
Notre Dame (Fighting Irish, 7-1) @ASU, NW, LOU, @USC (11-1)
Saturday is make or break for the Irish again. It's hard to base anything off of playing Navy due to the triple option but it's real easy to get behind the Devils over the Irish right now. It's an eliminator either way.

ACC Projected Bowl Teams (11): FSU, Notre Dame, Duke, Clemson, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Pittsburgh, NC State, Miami, Virginia Tech
ACC Projected Playoff Contenders: Florida State, Notre Dame
ACC Projected Access Contenders: Duke, Clemson

Big Ten

East
pre:
Michigan State  (Spartans, 4-0, 7-1)            OHSU, @MARY, RUT, @PENN        (8-0, 11-1)
Ohio State      (Buckeyes, 4-0, 7-1)            @MICHST, @MINN, IND, MICH      (7-1, 10-2)
Maryland        (Terapins, 3-2, 6-3)            MICHST, @MICH, RUT             (5-3, 8-4)
Michigan        (Wolverines, 2-3, 4-5)          @NW, MARY, @OHSU               (2-6, 4-8)
Penn State      (Nittany Lions, 1-4, 4-4)       @IND, TEMPLE, @ILL, MICHST     (3-5, 7-5)
Rutgers         (Scarlet Knights, 1-4, 5-4)     IND, @MICHST, @MARY            (2-6, 6-6)
Indiana         (Hoosiers, 0-4, 3-5)            PENN, @RUT, @OHSU, PUR         (1-7, 4-8)
Finally we get a decent game out of this conference this week. Winner gets the division lose probably makes an Access Bowl because name value. Michigan should fire someone every week or just play Indiana all the time, and if they somehow rally over Northwestern and Maryland I'm going to be sad. Maryland shows that sportsmanship and fashion sense is for losers.

West
pre:
Nebraska       (Huskers, 4-1, 8-1)            @WISC, MINN, @IOWA          (6-2, 10-2)
Minnesota      (Golden Gophers, 3-1, 6-2)     IOWA, OHSU, @NEB, @WISC     (3-5, 6-6)
Iowa           (Hawkeyes, 3-1, 6-2)           @MINN, @ILL, WISC, NEB      (5-3, 8-4)
Wisconsin      (Badgers, 3-1, 6-2)            @PUR, NEB, @IOWA, MINN      (7-1, 10-2)
Northwestern   (Wildcats, 2-3, 3-5)           MICH, @ND, @PUR, ILL        (5-3, 6-6)
Illinois       (Fightin’ Illini, 1-4, 4-5)     IOWA, PENN, @NW            (1-7, 4-8)
Purdue         (Boilermakers, 1-4, 3-6)        WISC, NW, @IND             (1-7, 3-9)
We're a week away from the other decent Big Ten game between Nebraska and Wisconsin. Can't have too many good things at once in the Midwest you know, gotta spread it out and make it last the winter. Northwestern can't lose to Michigan or their bowl hopes are dead.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Teams (10): Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, Minnesota, Rutgers
Big Ten Projected Playoff Contenders: Michigan State
Big Ten Projected Access Contenders: Ohio State, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Big 12

pre:
Kansas State     (Wildcats, 5-0, 7-1)         @TCU, @WVU, KU, @BAY     (7-2, 9-3)
TCU              (Horned Frogs, 4-1, 7-1)     KST, @KU, @TEX, ISU      (7-2, 10-2)
Baylor           (Bears, 4-1, 7-1)            @OK, OKST, @TTU, KST     (7-2, 10-2)
West Virginia    (Mountaineers, 4-2, 6-3)     @TEX, KST, @ISU          (7-2, 9-3)
Oklahoma         (Sooners, 3-2, 6-2)          BAY, @TTU, KU, OKST      (7-2, 10-2)
Oklahoma State   (Cowboys, 3-3, 5-3)          TEX, @BAY, @OK           (4-5, 6-6) 
Texas            (Longhorns, 3-3, 4-5)        WVU, @OKST, TCU          (3-6, 4-8)
Texas Tech       (Red Raiders, 1-5, 3-6)      OK, @ISU, BAY            (2-7, 4-8)
Iowa State       (Cyclones, 0-5, 2-6)         @KU, TTU, WVU, @TCU      (1-8, 2-10)
Kansas           (Jayhawks, 0-5, 2-6)         ISU, TCU, @OK, @KST      (0-9, 2-10)
Another eliminator on top of the conference with K-State at TCU this weekend, and we can't overlook Baylor at Oklahoma. If TCU wins they've got an easy closing schedule and move into Playoff contention, if they lose all is lost. If Baylor gets past the Sooners they'll have another eliminator against K-State provided the Wildcats survive. Someone's going down here it's a matter of who they take with them.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Teams (6): TCU, Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State
Big 12 Projected Playoff Contenders: None
Big 12 Projected Access Contenders: TCU, Oklahoma, Baylor

Pac-12

North
pre:
Oregon            (Ducks, 5-1, 8-1)            @UTAH, COL, @ORST             (8-1, 11-1)
Stanford          (Cardinal, 3-3, 5-4)         UTAH, @CAL, @UCLA             (4-5, 6-6)
California        (Golden Bears, 3-4, 5-4)     @USC, STAN, BYU               (3-6, 6-6)
Washington        (Huskies, 2-3, 6-3)          UCLA, @ARIZ, ORST, @WAZZU     (4-5, 8-5)
Oregon State       (Beavers, 1-4, 4-4)         WAZZU, ASU, @WASH, ORG        (2-7, 5-7)
Washington State   (Cougars, 1-5, 2-7)         @ORST, @ASU, WASH             (1-8, 2-10)
Oregon finally beats Stanford which means they'll poo poo themselves at Utah and knock themselves out of the Playoff. Stanford's not even guaranteed a bowl right now with The Game looming large. If Cal doesn't get that they should knock off BYU and that'll send the Bears bowling. Washington needs another win due to playing 13 games which their last two games will provide. RIP Connor/Wazzu.

South
pre:
Arizona State   (Sun Devils, 5-1, 7-1)   ND, @ORST, WAZZU, @ARIZ     (7-2, 9-3)
USC             (Trojans, 5-2, 6-3)      CAL, @UCLA, ND              (7-2, 8-4)
UCLA            (Bruins, 4-2, 7-2)       @WASH, USC, STAN            (6-3, 9-3)
Arizona         (Wildcats, 3-2, 6-2)     COL, WASH, @UTAH, ASU       (7-2, 10-2)
Utah            (Utes, 3-2, 6-2)         ORG, @STAN, ARIZ, @COL      (5-4, 8-4)
Colorado        (Buffaloes, 0-6, 2-7)    @ARIZ, @ORG, UTAH           (0-9, 2-10)
ASU/Notre Dame's a Playoff eliminator and that Arizona game's looming large, even if the Wildcats did take a rough loss at UCLA. The division's top-heavy and no one other than Colorado's eliminator if they can get their poo poo together. West Coast Best Coast.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Teams (9): Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Utah, California
Pac-12 Projected Access Teams: Arizona

SEC

East
pre:
Missouri         (Tigers, 4-1, 7-2)        @ATM, @UT, ARK            (7-1, 10-2)
Georgia          (Bulldogs, 4-2, 6-2)      @UK, AUB, charso, GT      (5-3, 9-3)
Florida          (Gators, 3-3, 4-3)        @VAN, SC, eastky, FSU     (4-5, 6-5)
Kentucky         (Wildcats, 2-4, 5-4)      UGA, @UT, LOU             (3-5, 6-6)
South Carolina   (Gamecocks, 2-5, 4-5)     @UF, USA, @CLEM           (2-6, 6-6)
Tennessee        (Volunteers, 1-4, 4-5)    UK, MIZZ, @VAN            (2-6, 5-7)
Vanderbilt       (Commodores, 0-5, 3-6)    UF, @MSST, UT             (0-8, 3-9)
Goddammit Georgia. Missouri now has a game up and an easier schedule with Georgia facing Auburn. Florida just need to beat one of Vandy and South Carolina to somehow make a bowl. Gamecocks have to beat Florida to ensure they're going bowling since I don't think they can get past Clemson and HBC might say gently caress it after this year. Tennessee and Kentucky looks like it's a bowl eliminator, as we all called before the year.

West
pre:
Mississippi State   (Bulldogs, 5-0, 8-0)         utmart, @BAMA, VAN, @MISS     (7-1, 11-1)
Alabama             (Crimson Tide, 4-1, 7-1)     @LSU, MSST, wcar, AUB         (5-3, 9-3) 
Auburn              (Tigers, 4-1, 7-1)           ATM, @UGA, samford, @BAMA     (7-1, 11-1)
Ole Miss            (Rebels, 4-2, 7-2)           pres, @ARK, MSST              (6-2, 10-2)
LSU                 (Tigers, 3-2, 7-2)           BAMA, @ARK, @ATM              (5-3, 9-3)
Texas A&M           (Aggies, 2-3, 6-3)           @AUB, MIZZ, LSU               (2-6, 6-6)
Arkansas            (Razorbacks, 0-4, 4-5)       LSU, MISS, @MIZZ              (0-8, 4-8)
Ole Miss lost in as rough a way as one can lose, considering the stakes and all that went slipping away. I don't think Alabama can survive their closing schedule which is brutal. Everyone's going bowling except for Bert and I'm more than okay with that.

SEC Projected Bowl Teams (11): Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky
SEC Projected Playoff Teams: Auburn, Miss State
SEC Projected Contract Teams: Ole Miss, Missouri

American

pre:
Houston           (Cougars, 3-1, 5-3)              TULANE, TULSA, @SMU, @CIN        (6-2, 8-4)
East Carolina     (Pirates, 3-1, 6-2)              @CIN, TULANE, @TULSA, UCF        (7-1, 10-2)
Memphis           (Tigers, 3-1, 5-3)               @TEMPLE, @TULANE, USF, UCONN     (7-1, 9-3)
Cincinnati        (Bearkats, 3-1, 5-3)             ECU, @UCONN, @TEMPLE, HOU        (5-3, 7-5)
UCF               (Knights, 3-1, 5-3)              TULSA, SMU, @USF, @ECU           (6-2, 8-4)
Temple            (Owls, 3-2, 5-3)                 MEM, @PENN, CIN, @TULANE         (4-4, 6-6)
South Florida     (Bulls, 2-3, 3-6)                @SMU, @MEM, UCF                  (3-5, 4-8)
Tulsa             (Golden Hurricane, 1-3, 1-7)     SMU, @UCF, @HOU, ECU             (2-6, 3-9)
Tulane            (Green Wave, 1-3, 2-6)           @HOU, MEM, @ECU, TEMPLE          (1-7, 2-10)
Connecticut       (Huskies, 1-4, 2-6)              @ARMY, CIN, @MEM, SMU            (2-6, 4-8)
SMU               (Mustangs, 0-3, 0-7)             USF, @UCF, HOU, @UCONN           (0-8, 0-12)
Blessed with a clear path to the Access Bowls, ECU proceeds to poo poo themselves and potentially knock themselves out for now. In conference solidarity, UCF takes an even worse loss against UConn. Temple's upset of Pirate moves them into a bowl.

American Projected Bowl Teams (6): East Carolina, Memphis, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, Temple

Conference USA

East
pre:
Marshall                   (Thundering Herd, 4-0, 8-0)     @USM, RICE, @UAB, WKU      (8-0, 12-0)
Middle Tennessee State     (Blue Raiders, 4-1, 5-4)        @FIU, FAU, @UTEP           (7-1, 8-4)
UAB                        (Blazers, 3-2, 5-4)             LATECH, MAR, @USM          (4-4, 6-6)
FAU                        (Owls, 2-3, 3-6)                @UNT, @MTSU, ODU           (4-4, 5-7)
FIU                        (Golden Panthers, 2-3, 3-6)     @ODU, MTSU, @UNT           (3-5, 5-7)
Western Kentucky           (Hilltoppers, 1-4, 3-5)         UTEP, ARMY, UTSA, @MAR     (2-6, 5-7)
Old Dominion               (Monarchs, 1-4, 3-6)            FIU, LATECH, @FAU          (1-7, 2-10)
In theory Marshall controls their own destiny, but we'll see whether the committee gives a 13-0 Marshall any love over ECU or whoever comes out of the MWC. FAU/FIU basically have the same closing schedule and it doesn't matter for either of them.

West
pre:
Louisiana Tech   (Bulldogs, 5-0, 6-3)          @UAB, @ODU, RICE              (8-0, 9-3)
Rice             (Owls, 3-1, 5-3)              UTSA, @MAR, UTEP, @LATECH     (5-3, 7-5)
UTEP             (Miners, 3-1, 5-3)            @WKU, UNT, @RICE, MTSU        (5-3, 7-5)
UTSA             (Roadrunners, 1-3, 2-6)       @RICE, USM, @WKU, UNT         (3-5, 4-8)
Southern Miss    (Golden Eagles, 1-4, 3-6)     MAR, @UTSA, UAB               (1-7, 3-9)
North Texas      (Mean Green, 0-4, 2-6)        FAU, @UTEP, FIU, @UTSA        (1-7, 3-9)
Par for the course here.

C-USA Projected Bowl Teams (6): Marshall, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, Rice, UTEP, UAB

MAC

East
pre:
Bowling Green     (Falcons, 3-1, 5-3)            @AKRON, KENT, TOLEDO, BALL     (6-2, 8-4)
Akron             (Zips, 2-2, 4-4)               BG, @BUFF, UMASS, @KENT        (6-2, 8-4)
Ohio              (Bobcats, 2-3, 4-5)            BUFF, NIU, @MOH                (4-4, 6-6)
Massachussets     (Minutemen, 2-3, 2-7)          BALL, @AKRON, BUFF             (2-6, 2-10)
Miami             (Redhawks, 2-4, 2-8)           @CMU, OHIO                     (2-6, 2-10)
Buffalo           (Bulls, 1-3, 3-5)              @OHIO, AKRON, KENT, @UMASS     (4-4, 6-6)
Kent State        (Golden Flashes, 0-4, 1-7)     TOLEDO, @BG, @BUFF, AKRON      (0-8, 1-11)
Nothing changes here, nearly everyone was off this weekend as we finally get to Midweek MACtion! :toot:

West
pre:
Toledo                (Rockets, 4-0, 5-3)       @KENT, @NIU, BG, @EMU          (6-2, 7-5)
Western Michigan      (Broncos, 4-1, 6-3)       EMU, @CMU, NIU                 (5-3, 7-5)
Northern Illinois     (Huskies, 3-1, 6-2)       @BALL, TOLEDO, @OHIO, @WMU     (7-1, 10-2)
Central Michigan      (Chippewas, 4-2, 6-4)     MOH, WMU                       (5-3, 7-5)
Ball State            (Cardinals, 2-2, 3-5)     NIU, @UMASS, EMU, @BG          (4-4, 5-7)
Eastern Michigan      (Eagles, 1-4, 2-7)        CMU, @WMU, @BALL, TOLEDO       (2-6, 3-9)
Little more action here as two Michigans move themselves into bowl eligibility.

MAC Projected Bowl Teams (7): Northern Illinois, Akron, Bowling Green, Toledo, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Ohio

Mountain West

Mountain
pre:
Colorado State     (Rams, 4-1, 8-1)          HAW, NM, @AF               (6-2, 10-2)
Boise State        (Broncos, 3-1, 6-2)       @NM, SDSU, @WYO, USU       (7-1, 10-2)
Utah State         (Aggies, 3-1, 6-3)        @WYO, NM, SJST, @BOISE     (5-3, 8-5)
Air Force          (Falcons, 2-2, 6-2)       @UNLV, NEV, @SDSU, CSU     (5-3, 9-3)
Wyoming            (Buffaloes, 2-3, 4-5)     USU, BOISE, @NM            (2-6, 4-8)
New Mexico         (Lobos, 1-3, 3-5)         BOISE, @USU, @CSU, WYO     (1-7, 3-9)
Colorado State's the wild card in the Access Bowl race. If they win out, which would include a difficult win at Air Force and the MWC title game, they could come out of nowhere and get in over ECU and Marshall. For now I have them losing at Air Force which would knock them out of the conference title game as well, but we'll see. I don't think an 11-2 Boise would get in but who knows, they're the even wilder card out of all this.

West
pre:
Nevada              (Wolfpack, 3-2, 6-3)             @AF, FRESNO, @UNLV             (5-3, 8-4)
San Diego State     (Aztecs, 3-2, 4-4)               IDAHO, @BOISE, AF, SJST        (4-4, 6-6)
San Jose State      (Spartans, 2-2, 3-5)             @FRESNO, HAW, @USU, @SDSU      (3-5, 4-8)
Fresno State        (Bulldogs, 2-3, 3-6)             SJST, @NEV, HAW                (4-4, 5-7)
Hawai’i             (Rainbow Warriors, 1-3, 2-7)     @CSU, @SJST, UNLV, @FRESNO     (2-6, 3-9)
UNLV                (Rebels, 1-4, 2-7)               AF, @BYU, @HAW, NEV            (1-7, 2-10)
Well, San Diego State managed to lose the MWC-W. I'm now bumping Fresno from bowl contention.

MWC Projected Bowl Teams (6): Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, Nevada, Utah State, San Diego State
MWC Projected Access Teams: Colorado State

Sun Belt

pre:
Georgia Southern        (Golden Eagles, 6-0, 7-2)     @TXST, @NAVY, ULM            (8-0, 10-2)
Louisiana-Lafayette     (Rajun’ Cajuns, 4-0, 5-3)     @NMST, @ULM, APP, @TROY      (8-0, 9-3)
Arkansas State          (Red Wolves, 3-1, 5-3)        USA, APP, @TXST, NMST        (7-1, 9-3)
Texas State             (Bobcats, 3-1, 5-3)           GSU, @USA, ARKST, @GAST      (4-4, 6-6)
South Alabama           (Jaguars, 4-2, 5-3)           @ARKST, TXST, @SC, NAVY      (5-3, 7-5)
Appalachian State       (Mountaineers, 2-2, 3-5)      ULM, @ARKST, @ULL, IDAHO     (3-5, 4-8)
Louisiana-Monroe        (Warhawks, 2-2, 3-5)          @APP, ULL, @NMST, @GSU       (5-3, 6-6)
New Mexico State        (Aggies, 1-4, 2-7)            ULL, ULM, @ARKST             (1-7, 2-10)
Troy                    (Trojans, 1-4, 1-8)           GAST, @IDAHO, ULL            (3-5, 5-7)
Idaho                   (Vandals, 1-5, 1-7)           @SDSU, TROY, @APP            (1-7, 1-10)
Georgia State           (Panthers, 0-6, 1-8)          @TROY, @CLEM, TXST           (0-8, 1-11)
How come no one checked to see if Georgia Southern can go bowling if they win the Sun Belt? Some help you all are.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Teams (5): Louisiana-Lafayette, Arkansas State, South Alabama, Texas State, Louisiana-Monroe

Independents

pre:
BYU      (Cougars, 5-4)           UNLV, savst, @CAL              (7-5)
Navy     (Midshipmen, 4-5)        GSU, @USA, ARMY                (5-7)
Army     (Black Knights, 2-6)     UCONN, @WKU, fordham, NAVY     (3-9)
BYU earns some breathing room by beating MTSU.

Number of Projected Bowl Teams: 78 - 11 (ACC, SEC), 10 (Big Ten), 9 (Pac-12), 7 (MAC), 6 (Big 12, American, C-USA, MWC), 5 (Sun Belt), 1 (Indep)

CFB Playoffs
pre:
Rose             1/1      Pasadena, California       Semifinal     Auburn vs. Oregon
Sugar            1/1      New Orleans, Louisiana     Semifinal     Florida State vs. Michigan State
Championship     1/12     Arlington, Texas           Final         Rose Winner vs. Sugar Winner
After this past week's action, let's look at everyone who has 0 or 1 loss:

1: Duke, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Kansas State, TCU, Baylor, Oregon, Arizona State, Alabama, Auburn, Colorado State.

We've gone from 20 to 15, and once we tell Marshall and CSU to piss off we're down to 13. There's no reason to keep FSU out with their remaining schedule, so they're in. Oregon's the favorite in the Pac-12 and if they beat Utah/Pac-12 South champ they're looking good. At least one team from the SEC West will get in and Auburn's holding down that slot for now. That leaves some potential teams in 12-1 Michigan State, 11-1 TCU, 11-1 Notre Dame. I think TCU would have the edge with their remaining wins and off of the Big 12's strength but I don't think TCU wins out. Michigan State beating Ohio State and Notre Dame beating Arizona State cancel out, meaning a Spartan win in the Big 10 title game is enough to boost them over the Irish. The Rose screams bloody murder over not having a Big 10/Pac-12 matchup, but FSU/Auburn being the top two seeds and what would have been a regular season rematch overrules their complaints. As the #1 seed FSU stays closer to home, sending Auburn across the country.

Access Bowls
pre:
Orange     12/31     Miami, Florida        ACC 1 vs. SEC/B1G/ND      Notre Dame vs. Clemson
Peach      12/31     Atlanta, Georgia      At-Large vs. At-Large     Mississippi State vs. Ohio State
Fiesta     12/31     Glendale, Arizona     At-Large vs. At-Large     TCU vs. Marshall
Cotton     1/1       Arlington, Texas      At-Large vs. At-Large     Oklahoma vs. Ole Miss
With FSU moving into the Playoff, the Orange Bowl gladly takes an 11-1 Notre Dame over an 11-2 Duke, and would probably take a 10-2 Notre Dame over 11-2 Duke. From there the Orange gets to double-dip as Notre Dame and Clemson didn't matchup in the regular season, making that an intriguing matchup (and dicking over Duke even more). Peach grabs Mississippi State and Ohio State. We have to put the Big 12 champ somewhere, but Cotton grabs Oklahoma and Ole Miss. That leaves whoever with the Big 12 out of K-State/TCU/Baylor to the Fiesta against Marshall, who I think finally gets some love at 13-0 and no other Group of Five team with less than 2 losses.

Let's take a look at what matchups involve teams with 0/1 loss against each other:

11/8: Notre Dame @ Arizona State, Ohio State @ Michigan State, Kansas State @ TCU
11/15: Mississippi State @ Alabama
11/29: Auburn @ Alabama
12/6: Kansas State @ Baylor, ACC/Big Ten/Pac-12/SEC Championship games

We lose a ton with Utah/Arizona losing but that was expected. We still have a loaded weekend with three guaranteed eliminators, and if TCU/LSU both win we'll have no more such matchups until potentially the conference championship games.

The rest of the bowls.

pre:
R+L Carriers New Orleans                     12/20     New Orleans, Louisiana      Sun Belt vs. MWC      Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Nevada
Gildan New Mexico                            12/20     Albuquerque, New Mexico     MWC vs. C-USA         Air Force vs. Ohio
Royal Purple Las Vegas                       12/20     Las Vegas, Nevada           MWC vs. Pac-12        Colorado State vs. Utah
Famous Idaho Potato                          12/20     Boise, Idaho                MAC vs. MWC           Toledo vs. Utah State
Raycom Media Camellia                        12/20     Montgomery, Alabama         MAC vs. Sun Belt      Akron vs. Arkansas State
Miami Beach                                  12/22     Miami, Florida              AAC vs. BYU           UCF vs. BYU
Boca Raton                                   12/23     Boca Raton, Florida         C-USA vs. MAC         Middle Tennessee vs. Northern Illinois
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia     12/23     San Diego, California       MWC vs. Navy          Boise State vs. Washington
Popeyes Bahamas                              12/24     Nassau, Bahamas             C-USA vs. MAC         UAB vs. Western Michigan
Hawai'i                                      12/24     Honolulu, Hawai’i           C-USA vs. MWC         UTEP vs. San Diego State
Heart of Dallas                              12/26     Dallas, Texas               Big Ten vs. C-USA     Minnesota vs. Rice
Quick Lane                                   12/26     Detroit, Michigan           ACC vs. Big Ten       Central Michigan vs. Northwestern
BITCOIN St. Petersburg                       12/26     St. Petersburg, Florida     AAC vs. ACC           East Carolina vs. NC State
Military                                     12/27     Annapolis, Maryland         AAC vs. ACC           Memphis vs. Virginia Tech
Hyundai Sun                                  12/27     El Paso, Texas              ACC vs. Pac-12        Boston College vs. UCLA 
Duck Commander Independence                  12/27     Shreveport, Louisiana       ACC vs. SEC           Miami vs. Louisiana Tech
New Era Pinstripe                            12/27     Bronx, New York             ACC vs. Big Ten       Pittsburgh vs. Rutgers      
National University Holiday                  12/27     San Diego, California       Big Ten vs. Pac-12    Maryland vs. Arizona State
AutoZone Liberty                             12/29     Memphis, Tennessee          Big 12 vs. SEC        West Virginia vs. Kentucky
Russell Athletic                             12/29     Orlando, Florida            ACC vs. Big 12        Duke vs. Kansas State 
AdvoCare V100 Texas                          12/29     Houston, Texas              Big 12 vs. SEC        California vs. Texas A&M
Franklin American Mortgage Music City        12/30     Nashville, Tennessee        SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten   Georgia vs. Iowa
Belk                                         12/30     Charlotte, North Carolina   ACC vs. SEC           Louisville vs. South Carolina
San Francisco                                12/30     Santa Clara, California     Big Ten vs. Pac-12    Penn State vs. USC
Citrus                                       1/1       Orlando, Florida            Big Ten vs. SEC       Wisconsin vs. Alabama
Outback                                      1/1       Tampa, Florida              Big Ten vs. SEC       Nebraska vs. Missouri
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces                 1/2       Fort Worth, Texas           AAC vs. Army          Houston vs. Texas State
TaxSlayer Gator                              1/2       Jacksonville, Florida       SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten   LSU vs. Georgia Tech
Valero Alamo                                 1/2       San Antonio, Texas          Big 12 vs. Pac-12     Baylor vs. Arizona
Cactus                                       1/2       Tempe, Arizona              Big 12 vs. Pac-12     OKlahoma State vs. Stanford 
Birmingham                                   1/3       Birmingham, Alabama         AAC vs. SEC           Cincinnati vs. Florida
GoDaddy                                      1/4       Mobile, Alabama             MAC vs. Sun Belt      Bowling Green vs. South Alabama
We're two teams extra so Temple and Louisiana-Monroe get stuck at home, which really sucks for ULM being bowl-eligible but left at home for the second straight year.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

C. Everett Koop posted:

How come no one checked to see if Georgia Southern can go bowling if they win the Sun Belt? Some help you all are.
I mentioned it upthread: Georgia Southern can go bowling if there aren't enough bowl-eligible teams using the normal methods. I don't think they're even eligible to officially win the conference this year? At the very least they can't get the champion's bid.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
UMass' games were great to watch this year if you like wearing party hats by the half and putting a gun to your head by the final

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Basil Hayden posted:

I mentioned it upthread: Georgia Southern can go bowling if there aren't enough bowl-eligible teams using the normal methods. I don't think they're even eligible to officially win the conference this year? At the very least they can't get the champion's bid.

They're not eligible for the Sun Belt title, and if there are fewer than 76 bowl eligible teams Georgia Southern will be first in line for a bowl exemption ahead of every 5-7 team.

Secondly, the CFP committee has already announced an 8-0 Georgia Southern will be counted as the Sun Belt conference champion if no mid-major cracks the top 25 - and with Marshall being ignored I think it's likely - and the CFP has to pick someone (which they're contractually obligated to) to win the access bowl berth.

I think the access bowl pecking order, given a team wins its conference, is currently:

1. Marshall
2. Boise State
3. Colorado State
4. East Carolina
5. BYU
6. One of the other teams in the American first place clusterfuck (Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, Temple, UCF)
7. Georgia Southern
8. Northern Illinois
9. Every other MWC team
10. Every other American team
11. Every other CUSA team
12. Every other MAC team
13. Every other Sun Belt team

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 5, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

Secondly, the CFP committee has already announced an 8-0 Georgia State

Guessing you meant Georgia Southern because otherwise :psyduck:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

DJExile posted:

Guessing you meant Georgia Southern because otherwise :psyduck:

Cross posted from 2114

Go Solar Federation

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 5, 2014

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 11: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Frogs of War

ACC

Atlantic
pre:
Florida State    (Seminoles, 6-0, 9-0)       @U, BC, UF           (8-0, 12-0)
Clemson          (Tigers, 6-1, 7-2)          @GT, GAST, SC        (7-1, 10-2)
Louisville       (Cardinals, 5-3, 7-3)       @ND, UK              (5-3, 8-4)
Boston College   (Eagles, 3-3, 6-4)          @FSU, CUSE           (4-4, 7-5)
NC State         (Wolfpack, 1-5, 5-5)        WF, @UNC             (3-5, 7-5)
Syracuse         (Orange, 1-5, 3-7)          @PITT, @BC           (2-6, 3-8)
Wake Forest      (Demon Deacons, 0-5, 2-7)   @NCST, VT, @DUKE     (0-8, 2-10) 
Miami isn't beating FSU so don't get your hopes up. Louisville finishes a respectable 5-3 in their first ACC season which is good enough to not go to Shreveport. NC State just has to beat Wake and that'll take care of everyone in the Atlantic.

Coastal
pre:
Duke            (Blue Devils, 4-1, 8-1)        VT, UNC, WF           (7-1, 11-1)
Georgia Tech    (Yellow Jackets, 5-2, 8-2)     CLEM, @UGA            (5-3, 8-4) 
Miami           (Hurricanes, 3-2, 6-3)         FSU, @UVA, PITT       (4-4, 7-5)
North Carolina  (Tar Heels, 2-3, 4-5)          PITT, @DUKE, NCST     (2-6, 4-8)
Pittsburgh      (Panthers, 2-3, 4-5)           @UNC, CUSE, @U        (5-3, 7-5)
Virginia        (Cavaliers, 2-4, 4-6)          U, @VT                (2-6, 4-8)
Virginia Tech   (Hokies, 1-4, 4-5)             @DUKE, @WF, UVA       (3-5, 6-6)
Georgia Tech ruins Operation 4-4 because stupid nerds can't let us enjoy a good thing. Watch Hokie still beat Duke somehow, even though it won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

pre:
Notre Dame (Fighting Irish, 7-2) NW, LOU, @USC (10-2)
Thanks for playing Notre Dame. And even though a 10-2 team makes an Access Bowl, probably the Orange, that trip back out west to end the year looms large, and a 9-3 team heads straight for the Russell Athletic Bowl.

ACC Projected Bowl Teams (11): FSU, Notre Dame, Duke, Clemson, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Pittsburgh, NC State, Miami, Virginia Tech
ACC Projected Playoff Contenders: Florida State
ACC Projected Access Contenders: Duke, Clemson, Notre Dame

Big Ten

East
pre:
Ohio State      (Buckeyes, 5-0, 8-1)            @MINN, IND, MICH         (8-0, 11-1)
Michigan State  (Spartans, 4-1, 7-2)            @MARY, RUT, @PENN        (7-1, 10-2)
Maryland        (Terapins, 3-2, 6-3)            MICHST, @MICH, RUT       (5-3, 8-4)
Michigan        (Wolverines, 3-3, 5-5)          MARY, @OHSU              (2-6, 4-8)
Penn State      (Nittany Lions, 2-4, 5-4)       TEMPLE, @ILL, MICHST     (3-5, 7-5)
Rutgers         (Scarlet Knights, 1-4, 5-4)     IND, @MICHST, @MARY      (2-6, 6-6)
Indiana         (Hoosiers, 0-5, 3-6)            @RUT, @OHSU, PUR         (1-7, 4-8)
Goddammit Sparty. We'll see if the Committee gives the Buckeyes any love but a 12-1 Ohio State team with only one great win and one really bad loss probably doesn't get in. Maryland if you can't beat Michigan and keep them from making a bowl you're dead to me.

West
pre:
Nebraska       (Huskers, 4-1, 8-1)            @WISC, MINN, @IOWA     (6-2, 10-2)
Minnesota      (Golden Gophers, 4-1, 7-2)     OHSU, @NEB, @WISC      (4-4, 7-5)
Wisconsin      (Badgers, 4-1, 7-2)            NEB, @IOWA, MINN       (7-1, 10-2)
Iowa           (Hawkeyes, 3-2, 6-3)           @ILL, WISC, NEB        (4-4, 7-5)
Northwestern   (Wildcats, 2-4, 3-6)           @ND, @PUR, ILL         (4-4, 5-7)
Illinois       (Fightin’ Illini, 1-4, 4-5)    IOWA, PENN, @NW        (1-7, 4-8)
Purdue         (Boilermakers, 1-5, 3-7)       NW, @IND               (1-7, 3-9)
Ohio State/Minnesota is officially a Last Coach Standing match. Nebraska/Wisconsin should settle the division unless Gopher somehow Goku's up. Northwestern's stupid loss to a stupid team will keep them from going to a stupid bowl.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Teams (9): Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Nebraska, Maryland, Iowa, Penn State, Minnesota, Rutgers
Big Ten Projected Playoff Contenders: Ohio State
Big Ten Projected Access Contenders: Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Big 12

pre:
Baylor           (Bears, 5-1, 8-1)            OKST, @TTU, KST     (8-1, 11-1)
TCU              (Horned Frogs, 5-1, 8-1)     @KU, @TEX, ISU      (8-1, 11-1)
Kansas State     (Wildcats, 5-1, 7-2)         @WVU, KU, @BAY      (7-2, 9-3)
Texas            (Longhorns, 4-3, 5-5)        @OKST, TCU          (4-5, 5-7)
West Virginia    (Mountaineers, 4-3, 6-4)     KST, @ISU           (5-4, 7-5)
Oklahoma         (Sooners, 3-3, 6-3)          @TTU, KU, OKST      (6-3, 9-3)
Oklahoma State   (Cowboys, 3-3, 5-4)          TEX, @BAY, @OK      (4-5, 6-6) 
Texas Tech       (Red Raiders, 1-5, 3-6)      OK, @ISU, BAY       (2-7, 4-8)
Kansas           (Jayhawks, 1-5, 3-6)         TCU, @OK, @KST      (1-8, 3-9)
Iowa State       (Cyclones, 0-6, 2-7)         TTU, WVU, @TCU      (0-9, 1-11)
Break out your :tinfoil: for some straight up Infowars poo poo on how TCU's gonna get dicked out of the Playoff. It's already started with Baylor's massive jumps in the Coaches/AP polls and we'll see where the Committee places them on Tuesday. Middle of the conference takes some blows, but unless Texas has one more upset in them six will be the limit for bowl teams.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Teams (6): TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Kansas State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State
Big 12 Projected Playoff Contenders: Baylor, TCU
Big 12 Projected Access Contenders: None

Pac-12

North
pre:
Oregon             (Ducks, 6-1, 9-1)            COL, @ORST, P12CG              (8-1, 12-1)
Stanford           (Cardinal, 3-3, 5-4)         UTAH, @CAL, @UCLA              (4-5, 6-6)
California         (Golden Bears, 3-4, 5-4)     @USC, STAN, BYU                (3-6, 6-6)
Washington         (Huskies, 2-4, 6-4)          @ARIZ, ORST, @WAZZU            (4-5, 8-5)
Washington State   (Cougars, 2-5, 3-7)          @ASU, WASH                     (2-7, 3-9)
Oregon State       (Beavers, 1-5, 4-5)          ASU, @WASH, ORG                (1-8, 4-8)
Oregon's win over Utah gives them the North and we have our first team officially in a conference championship game. I may be wrong but I don't feel like checking. Good on Wazzu not rolling over and dying and no one else really played I think so whatevz.

South
pre:
Arizona State   (Sun Devils, 5-1, 8-1)     @ORST, WAZZU, @ARIZ     (7-2, 10-2)
UCLA            (Bruins, 5-2, 8-2)         USC, STAN               (6-3, 9-3)
USC             (Trojans, 5-2, 6-3)        CAL, @UCLA, ND          (7-2, 8-4)
Arizona         (Wildcats, 4-2, 7-2)       WASH, @UTAH, ASU        (7-2, 10-2)
Utah            (Utes, 3-3, 6-3)           @STAN, ARIZ, @COL       (5-4, 8-4)
Colorado        (Buffaloes, 0-7, 2-8)      @ORG, UTAH              (0-9, 2-10)
OK, I guess Arizona State is for real, which means that losing to Arizona in the final week and hence losing the division/a probable Access Bowl slot is the most Arizona State thing that can and will now happen. My formatting is pleased by this division having everything already sown up.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Teams (9): Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Stanford, California
Pac-12 Projected Access Teams: Arizona, Arizona State

SEC

East
pre:
Missouri         (Tigers, 4-1, 7-2)         @ATM, @UT, ARK      (7-1, 10-2)
Georgia          (Bulldogs, 5-2, 7-2)       AUB, charso, GT     (5-3, 9-3)
Florida          (Gators, 4-3, 5-3)         SC, eastky, FSU     (4-5, 6-5)
Kentucky         (Wildcats, 2-5, 5-5)       @UT, LOU            (3-5, 6-6)
South Carolina   (Gamecocks, 2-5, 4-5)      @UF, USA, @CLEM     (2-6, 6-6)
Tennessee        (Volunteers, 1-4, 4-5)     UK, MIZZ, @VAN      (2-6, 5-7)
Vanderbilt       (Commodores, 0-6, 3-7)     @MSST, UT           (0-8, 3-9)
Auburn/Georgia is a lot less appealing than it was a couple of weeks ago. Kentucky/Tennessee is a bowl eliminator this week. James Franklin should win SEC Coach of the Year for what he did with Vandy these past few years.

West
pre:
Mississippi State   (Bulldogs, 5-0, 9-0)         @BAMA, VAN, @MISS        (7-1, 11-1)
Alabama             (Crimson Tide, 5-1, 8-1)     MSST, wcar, AUB          (5-3, 9-3) 
Ole Miss            (Rebels, 4-2, 8-2)           @ARK, MSST               (6-2, 10-2)
Auburn              (Tigers, 4-2, 7-2)           @UGA, samford, @BAMA     (6-2, 10-2)
Texas A&M           (Aggies, 3-3, 7-3)           MIZZ, LSU                (3-5, 7-5)
LSU                 (Tigers, 3-3, 7-3)           @ARK, @ATM               (5-3, 9-3)
Arkansas            (Razorbacks, 0-4, 4-5)       LSU, MISS, @MIZZ         (0-8, 4-8)
#CLANGA/Bama is our last matchup between teams with 0/1 loss until the conference championship games. A Bama win might be the only way the SEC gets two into the Playoff, so the fix should be in. Mrs. bert's favorite word finally catches up to Auburn, meanwhile bert didn't lose this weekend!

SEC Projected Bowl Teams (11): Mississippi State, Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky
SEC Projected Playoff Teams: Miss State
SEC Projected Contract Teams: Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri

American

pre:
Memphis           (Tigers, 4-1, 6-3)               @TULANE, USF, UCONN           (7-1, 9-3)
East Carolina     (Pirates, 3-1, 6-2)              @CIN, TULANE, @TULSA, UCF     (7-1, 10-2)
Cincinnati        (Bearkats, 3-1, 5-3)             ECU, @UCONN, @TEMPLE, HOU     (5-3, 7-5)
UCF               (Knights, 3-1, 5-3)              TULSA, SMU, @USF, @ECU        (6-2, 8-4)
Houston           (Cougars, 3-2, 5-4)              TULSA, @SMU, @CIN             (5-3, 7-5)
Temple            (Owls, 3-3, 5-4)                 @PENN, CIN, @TULANE           (4-4, 6-6)
South Florida     (Bulls, 2-3, 3-6)                @SMU, @MEM, UCF               (3-5, 4-8)
Tulsa             (Golden Hurricane, 2-3, 2-7)     @UCF, @HOU, ECU               (2-6, 3-9)
Tulane            (Green Wave, 2-3, 3-6)           MEM, @ECU, TEMPLE             (2-6, 3-9)
Connecticut       (Huskies, 1-5, 2-7)              CIN, @MEM, SMU                (2-6, 4-8)
SMU               (Mustangs, 0-4, 0-8)             @UCF, HOU, @UCONN             (0-8, 0-12)
Memphis is on top and I want to keep them there forever. Nothing else really happened other than we're finally able to get rid of UConn.

American Projected Bowl Teams (6): East Carolina, Memphis, UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, Temple

Conference USA

East
pre:
Marshall                   (Thundering Herd, 5-0, 9-0)     RICE, @UAB, WKU      (8-0, 12-0)
Middle Tennessee State     (Blue Raiders, 4-1, 5-4)        @FIU, FAU, @UTEP     (7-1, 8-4)
UAB                        (Blazers, 3-3, 5-5)             MAR, @USM            (4-4, 6-6)
Western Kentucky           (Hilltoppers, 2-4, 4-5)         ARMY, UTSA, @MAR     (3-5, 6-6)
Old Dominion               (Monarchs, 2-4, 4-6)            LATECH, @FAU         (3-5, 5-7)
FAU                        (Owls, 2-4, 3-7)                @MTSU, ODU           (2-6, 3-9)
FIU                        (Golden Panthers, 2-4, 3-7)     MTSU, @UNT           (2-6, 4-8)
Marshall continues to get no love from the Committee and may need Colorado State to take another loss to finally get some respect. WKU moves into bowl projection territory but would be a team on the outside if we have more than our allotment.

West
pre:
Louisiana Tech   (Bulldogs, 6-0, 7-3)          @ODU, RICE              (8-0, 9-3)
Rice             (Owls, 4-1, 6-3)              @MAR, UTEP, @LATECH     (5-3, 7-5)
UTEP             (Miners, 3-2, 5-4)            UNT, @RICE, MTSU        (5-3, 7-5)
North Texas      (Mean Green, 1-4, 3-6)        @UTEP, FIU, @UTSA       (1-7, 3-9)
UTSA             (Roadrunners, 1-3, 2-6)       USM, @WKU, UNT          (3-5, 4-8)
Southern Miss    (Golden Eagles, 1-5, 3-7)     @UTSA, UAB              (1-7, 3-9)
Rice officially in, UTSA/USM officially out.

C-USA Projected Bowl Teams (7): Marshall, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, Rice, UTEP, UAB, Western Kentucky

MAC

East
pre:
Bowling Green     (Falcons, 4-1, 6-3)            KENT, TOLEDO, BALL      (7-1, 9-3)
Ohio              (Bobcats, 3-3, 5-5)            NIU, @MOH               (4-4, 6-6)
Akron             (Zips, 2-3, 4-5)               @BUFF, UMASS, @KENT     (5-3, 7-5)
Massachussets     (Minutemen, 2-3, 2-7)          BALL, @AKRON, BUFF      (2-6, 2-10)
Miami             (Redhawks, 2-4, 2-8)           @CMU, OHIO              (2-6, 2-10)
Buffalo           (Bulls, 1-4, 3-6)              AKRON, KENT, @UMASS     (3-5, 5-7)
Kent State        (Golden Flashes, 0-5, 1-8)     @BG, @BUFF, AKRON       (0-8, 1-11)
Yay Midweek MACtion, even if the games kinda sucked.

West
pre:
Toledo                (Rockets, 5-0, 6-3)       @NIU, BG, @EMU          (6-2, 7-5)
Western Michigan      (Broncos, 4-1, 6-3)       EMU, @CMU, NIU          (5-3, 7-5)
Northern Illinois     (Huskies, 4-1, 7-2)       TOLEDO, @OHIO, @WMU     (7-1, 10-2)
Central Michigan      (Chippewas, 4-2, 6-4)     MOH, WMU                (5-3, 7-5)
Ball State            (Cardinals, 2-3, 3-6)     @UMASS, EMU, @BG        (4-4, 5-7)
Eastern Michigan      (Eagles, 1-4, 2-7)        @WMU, @BALL, TOLEDO     (2-6, 3-9)
NIU/Toledo better be a good game, or at least fun. You owe me MAC.

Mountain West

Mountain
pre:
Colorado State     (Rams, 5-1, 9-1)          NM, @AF              (7-1, 11-1)
Boise State        (Broncos, 4-1, 7-2)       SDSU, @WYO, USU      (7-1, 10-2)
Utah State         (Aggies, 4-1, 7-3)        NM, SJST, @BOISE     (6-2, 9-4)
Air Force          (Falcons, 3-2, 7-2)       NEV, @SDSU, CSU      (5-3, 9-3)
Wyoming            (Buffaloes, 2-4, 4-6)     BOISE, @NM           (2-6, 4-8)
New Mexico         (Lobos, 1-4, 3-6)         @USU, @CSU, WYO      (1-7, 3-9)
I find it hard that a CSU team that doesn't win it's own division, much less it's own conference, could get in over an unbeaten team but we might be facing that scenario. Boise's got three winnable games to ruin the Rams dream.

West
pre:
Nevada              (Wolfpack, 3-2, 6-3)             @AF, FRESNO, @UNLV       (5-3, 8-4)
San Diego State     (Aztecs, 4-2, 5-4)               @BOISE, AF, SJST         (4-4, 6-6)
Fresno State        (Bulldogs, 3-3, 4-6)             @NEV, HAW                (4-4, 5-7)
San Jose State      (Spartans, 2-3, 3-6)             HAW, @USU, @SDSU         (3-5, 4-8)
Hawai’i             (Rainbow Warriors, 1-4, 2-8)     @SJST, UNLV, @FRESNO     (2-6, 3-9)
UNLV                (Rebels, 1-5, 2-8)               @BYU, @HAW, NEV          (1-7, 2-11)
Nevada beats Air Force, they should win the West. I've been short-changing UNLV a loss all along here, my bad on that one.

MWC Projected Bowl Teams (6): Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, Nevada, Utah State, San Diego State
MWC Projected Access Teams: Colorado State

Sun Belt

pre:
Georgia Southern        (Golden Eagles, 7-0, 8-2)     @NAVY, ULM              (8-0, 10-2)
Louisiana-Lafayette     (Rajun’ Cajuns, 5-0, 6-3)     @ULM, APP, @TROY        (8-0, 9-3)
Arkansas State          (Red Wolves, 4-1, 6-3)        APP, @TXST, NMST        (7-1, 9-3)
Texas State             (Bobcats, 3-2, 5-4)           @USA, ARKST, @GAST      (4-4, 6-6)
Appalachian State       (Mountaineers, 3-2, 4-5)      @ARKST, @ULL, IDAHO     (4-4, 5-7)
South Alabama           (Jaguars, 4-3, 5-4)           TXST, @SC, NAVY         (5-3, 7-5)
Louisiana-Monroe        (Warhawks, 2-3, 3-6)          ULL, @NMST, @GSU        (3-5, 4-8)
Troy                    (Trojans, 2-4, 2-8)           @IDAHO, ULL             (3-5, 5-7)
New Mexico State        (Aggies, 1-5, 2-8)            ULM, @ARKST             (1-7, 2-10)
Idaho                   (Vandals, 1-5, 1-8)           TROY, @APP              (1-7, 1-10)
Georgia State           (Panthers, 0-7, 1-9)          @CLEM, TXST             (0-8, 1-11)
So Georgia Southern can't go bowling unless a whole bunch of teams end up going 5-7 and they get a waiver. They're helped by ULM dropping out.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Teams (4): Louisiana-Lafayette, Arkansas State, South Alabama, Texas State

Independents

pre:
BYU      (Cougars, 5-4)           UNLV, savst, @CAL       (7-5)
Navy     (Midshipmen, 4-5)        GSU, @USA, ARMY         (5-7)
Army     (Black Knights, 3-6)     @WKU, fordham, NAVY     (4-8)
Good on Army beating someone.

Number of Projected Bowl Teams: 77 - 11 (ACC, SEC), 9 (Big Ten, Pac-12), 7 (C-USA, MAC), 6 (Big 12, American, MWC), 4 (Sun Belt), 1 (Indep)

CFB Playoffs
pre:
Rose             1/1      Pasadena, California       Semifinal     Oregon vs. Baylor
Sugar            1/1      New Orleans, Louisiana     Semifinal     Florida State vs. Mississippi State
After this past week's action, let's look at everyone who has 0 or 1 loss:

1: Duke, Ohio State, Nebraska, TCU, Baylor, Oregon, Arizona State, Alabama, Colorado State

We've gone from 15 to 12, and once we tell Marshall and CSU to piss off we're down to 10. Realistically, it's FSU, Baylor/TCU, Oregon/Arizona State, and Miss State/Alabama. Cowbell can survive a loss to either Alabama, Ole Miss, or in the SEC Title game, but not more than one and definitely not to Vandy. FSU should win out and at 13-0 they're in. Oregon's in the Pac-12 title game and beating one of the Arizona's will put them in. Ohio State's not going to get enough love to make their way in unless there's complete anarchy. That leaves Baylor and TCU, and the Committee's going to be doing some real logistical gymnastics in order to get Baylor ahead of TCU. I think they'll use Baylor beating K-State at the end of the season, but if the Wildcats get tripped up that excuse goes out the window. In the end, #1 Florida State against #4 Mississippi State and #2 Oregon against #3 Baylor makes sense and the geography isn't terrible for travel. TCU gets hosed and the Rose really wants Ohio State but dealwithit.gif.

Access Bowls
pre:
Orange     12/31     Miami, Florida        ACC 1 vs. SEC/B1G/ND      Notre Dame vs. Clemson
Peach      12/31     Atlanta, Georgia      At-Large vs. At-Large     Auburn vs. Ohio State
Fiesta     12/31     Glendale, Arizona     At-Large vs. At-Large     Michigan State vs. Marshall
Cotton     1/1       Arlington, Texas      At-Large vs. At-Large     TCU vs. Ole Miss
10-2 Notre Dame still gets moved into the Orange Bowl, where a 10-2 Clemson still jumps an 11-2 Duke and takes the other slot. Ohio State earns a spot as the Big Ten champs, they go to the Peach where they face the 10-2 Iron Bowl champ, in this case Auburn. TCU gets to stay in-state in the Cotton, where a 10-2 Ole Miss team that won the Egg Bowl comes to town. Marshall ends up being the Group of 5 representative after all and heads out to the Fiesta, where they'd like one of the Arizonas for a local draw, but ASU loses to Arizona who loses to Oregon, and thus Sparty gets rewarded over those two and Nebraska with the last Access Bowl slot.

The rest of the bowls.

pre:
R+L Carriers New Orleans                     12/20     New Orleans, Louisiana      Sun Belt vs. MWC       Louisiana-Lafayette vs. San Diego State
Gildan New Mexico                            12/20     Albuquerque, New Mexico     MWC vs. C-USA          Nevada vs. UTEP
Royal Purple Las Vegas                       12/20     Las Vegas, Nevada           MWC vs. Pac-12         Colorado State vs. Utah
Famous Idaho Potato                          12/20     Boise, Idaho                MAC vs. MWC            Akron vs. Utah State
Raycom Media Camellia                        12/20     Montgomery, Alabama         MAC vs. Sun Belt       Toledo vs. Arkansas State
Miami Beach                                  12/22     Miami, Florida              AAC vs. BYU            Cincinnati vs. BYU
Boca Raton                                   12/23     Boca Raton, Florida         C-USA vs. MAC          Middle Tennessee vs. Bowling Green
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia     12/23     San Diego, California       MWC vs. Navy           Boise State vs. Stanford
Popeyes Bahamas                              12/24     Nassau, Bahamas             C-USA vs. MAC          Temple vs. Western Michigan
Hawai'i                                      12/24     Honolulu, Hawai’i           C-USA vs. MWC          Western Kentucky vs. Air Force
Heart of Dallas                              12/26     Dallas, Texas               Big Ten vs. C-USA      Texas State vs. Rice
Quick Lane                                   12/26     Detroit, Michigan           ACC vs. Big Ten        Virginia Tech vs. Minnesota
BITCOIN St. Petersburg                       12/26     St. Petersburg, Florida     AAC vs. ACC            UCF vs. UAB
Military                                     12/27     Annapolis, Maryland         AAC vs. ACC            East Carolina vs. NC State
Hyundai Sun                                  12/27     El Paso, Texas              ACC vs. Pac-12         Georgia Tech vs. UCLA
Duck Commander Independence                  12/27     Shreveport, Louisiana       ACC vs. SEC            Miami vs. Louisiana Tech
New Era Pinstripe                            12/27     Bronx, New York             ACC vs. Big Ten        Boston College vs. Penn State      
National University Holiday                  12/27     San Diego, California       Big Ten vs. Pac-12     Maryland vs. Arizona
AutoZone Liberty                             12/29     Memphis, Tennessee          Big 12 vs. SEC         West Virginia vs. Florida
Russell Athletic                             12/29     Orlando, Florida            ACC vs. Big 12         Duke vs. Kansas State
AdvoCare V100 Texas                          12/29     Houston, Texas              Big 12 vs. SEC         Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
Franklin American Mortgage Music City        12/30     Nashville, Tennessee        SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten    Georgia vs. Pittsburgh
Belk                                         12/30     Charlotte, North Carolina   ACC vs. SEC            Louisville vs. South Carolina
San Francisco                                12/30     Santa Clara, California     Big Ten vs. Pac-12     Rutgers vs. USC
Citrus                                       1/1       Orlando, Florida            Big Ten vs. SEC        Wisconsin vs. Alabama
Outback                                      1/1       Tampa, Florida              Big Ten vs. SEC        Nebraska vs. Missouri
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces                 1/2       Fort Worth, Texas           AAC vs. Army           Houston vs. California
TaxSlayer Gator                              1/2       Jacksonville, Florida       SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten    LSU vs. Iowa
Valero Alamo                                 1/2       San Antonio, Texas          Big 12 vs. Pac-12      Oklahoma vs. Arizona State
Cactus                                       1/2       Tempe, Arizona              Big 12 vs. Pac-12      Ohio vs. Washington
Birmingham                                   1/3       Birmingham, Alabama         AAC vs. SEC            Memphis vs. Kentucky
GoDaddy                                      1/4       Mobile, Alabama             MAC vs. Sun Belt       Northern Illinois vs. South Alabama
We've got one too many teams and that leaves Central Michigan on the outside again for the second straight year. Sucks to be them I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Why are you so sure Miami isn't beating fsu? Vegas had the line at 2.5, though one could argue that they're just tired of our unpredictable poo poo

• Locked thread