Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

E: as long as it isn't loving Michigan State or Nebraska again

I believe the Big 10 or powers that be or whomever have changed the selection protocols so repeat destinations will be avoided.

Nobody here is really talking about bowl games yet, thank gently caress, but it sounds like we're headed to the Holiday (as Koop projected) if we beat Iowa and either the Music City or San Francisco (which apparently was renamed the Foster Farms Bowl last week) if we lose.

I'm kind of hoping for the Music City Bowl, because it kicks in the middle of the afternoon on the 30th and I want to see how my employer will react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there anywhere that ranks the prestige of each bowl? I'm not sure if it's better for UW to play in the Armed Forces Bowl or the Las Vegas Bowl. Also, I hope the prestige of the Bitcoin Bowl varies wildly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

seiferguy posted:

Is there anywhere that ranks the prestige of each bowl? I'm not sure if it's better for UW to play in the Armed Forces Bowl or the Las Vegas Bowl. Also, I hope the prestige of the Bitcoin Bowl varies wildly.

You could figure it out by the money, but the Las Vegas Bowl is a way better bowl.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I go to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl every year because tickets are inexpensive and it's right down the road, so this matchup would be hype as hell.

E: as long as it isn't loving Michigan State or Nebraska again

Its actually a grudge rematch between Wake and VT

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

seiferguy posted:

You can probably go by this list sorted by "Most Recent Per Team Payout" descending and it'll give you a pretty good idea.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

seiferguy posted:

UW is currently pegged to play likely in either the Las Vegas or Cactus Bowl (in Tempe). Pac12 has a pretty set sequence for #1 team, #2 team, etc. This largely will depend on if Pac12 gets 2 Access/playoff bowl teams and how the bowls see the teams as a draw. UW probably will not go back to SF for the Foster Farms Bowl since they were there last season. There also may either be a push FOR or against the Peterson vs Boise State game since that's on the schedule for next season.

Option 1: Oregon & UCLA/ASU/AZ makes access bowls
Alamo/Holiday - take the other 2 from UCLA/ASU/AZ
Sun/Foster Farms - USC & Utah
Vegas/Cactus - Stanford & UW

Option 2: Only 1 access bowl team (probbaly Oregon)
Alamo/Holiday/Sun - UCLA/ASU/AZ
Foster Farms/Vegas - USC & Utah
Cactus & somewhere else - Stanford & UW

I'm looking into this too for IF UW plays in Vegas, I'd like to go AND the Seahawks play in Arizona on Sunday. Nice nearby doubleheader. Airfare is only ~$200 now whereas the Vegas bowl 2 years ago airfare was over $500.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hypothetical: Minnesota beats Wisconsin, beats Ohio State, B1G Champ. What bowl would they play in?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hypothetical: Minnesota beats Wisconsin, beats Ohio State, B1G Champ. What bowl would they play in?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8624387/six-bowls-pool-college-football-semifinal-games posted:

If the Big Ten or SEC champion is available for a non-playoff bowl in a year when the Rose and Sugar Bowls are hosting semifinals, that team will appear in either the Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, or Peach Bowl, but not the Orange Bowl.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I approve of that Alamo Bowl.

Mike Stoops, come out to play-ay...

Same.

Fiesta Bowl guys got to be praying they can pick UCLA or one of the Arizona schools about now because I have a feeling that is going to bomb from a ticket sales perspective.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Rick posted:

Same.

Fiesta Bowl guys got to be praying they can pick UCLA or one of the Arizona schools about now because I have a feeling that is going to bomb from a ticket sales perspective.

Fiesta Bowl basically never sells out and mostly gives its tickets away.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Fiesta Bowl basically never sells out and mostly gives its tickets away.

See, I knew that InsightCactus Bowl (Tempe) was a disaster, but I just assumed the Fiesta Bowl did well, but now that you point it out it sort of makes sense. Especially now that it's in Glendale. At least if it's in Tempe you might attract some people looking for something to do while visiting family or whatever, but a game an hour away from where people live seems like a tough sell

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Just a note for the OP on the SEC bowls, the conference largely picks who goes where. I still think the Texas Bowl is going to be Lone Star Showdown, Liberty WVU/Tennessee and Belk SCar and Duke.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I know the Big Ten is doing things a little different than the old days of #1 goes here, #2 goes here, etc. nowadays. Have they said anything about how and when they'll actually be distributing the teams?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Sash! posted:

I know the Big Ten is doing things a little different than the old days of #1 goes here, #2 goes here, etc. nowadays. Have they said anything about how and when they'll actually be distributing the teams?

My guess is like basically every other major conference now, they'll sort it out once the Playoff and Access bowls are set. They want to be able to help teams out with travel costs and stuff but they'll also work with the bowls to make sure its not a terrible match up.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wondering where Minnesota falls

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wondering where Minnesota falls

Fourth in the pecking order, behind Buckeye/Badger/Sparty, so somewhere in the Citrus/Outback/Holiday tier.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Assuming two Access teams, I'd guess Wisconsin goes to the Citrus and we play get crushed by Georgia or Ole Miss in the Outback. (at least it's a New Year's bowl!) If Sparty doesn't get picked for an Access Bowl, we're probably in the Holiday against Az. St./USC/UCLA which is nice if you're going since San Diego is a much better travel destination than Florida, but otherwise is much less attractive.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Pitt somehow beat Miami tonight to get to 6-6. One of their wins is against FCS Delaware, but I know they get to count one of those every couple of years. That makes 11 ACC teams eligible plus Notre Dame (I think? Not sure how that works). Last year Pitt was 6-6 with a win over Old Dominion who I think was a transition team so I don't know if that burned their FCS win for this year.

So is Pitt eligible for a bowl this year? For extra credit, which bowl are they likely to land in? Please show your work.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
ULL Cajuns are taking orders for seats to the New Orleans bowl where they're expected to return for a fourth (undefeated) year in a row.

Cajuns just make so much money for that bowl.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

Pitt somehow beat Miami tonight to get to 6-6. One of their wins is against FCS Delaware, but I know they get to count one of those every couple of years. That makes 11 ACC teams eligible plus Notre Dame (I think? Not sure how that works). Last year Pitt was 6-6 with a win over Old Dominion who I think was a transition team so I don't know if that burned their FCS win for this year.

So is Pitt eligible for a bowl this year? For extra credit, which bowl are they likely to land in? Please show your work.

At 6-6 they're eligible, since you can count one FCS win but not two (unless you get a waiver and we're not giving those out this year). There's 11 ACC teams eligible along with Notre Dame, who goes along with the ACC's selection package.

Barring an upset, FSU will take a slot in the playoff which raises everyone else. We go into the ACC's bowl ties of which they have ten. First up is the Orange Bowl, an Access this year which takes 10-3 Georgia Tech. After that we have three teams at 9-3 (Clemson, Duke, Louisville) and the Russell Athletic next in the picking order, who takes Clemson.

Now, from there we have four bowls considered in the same level (Belk/Pinstripe/Music City or Tax Slayer/Sun). With the new agreement the ACC takes the Tax Slayer as an ACC team hasn't played there and sends Louisville. Duke stays close to home in the Belk.

Now it's the 7-5 teams with Notre Dame, NC State and Boston College. The Irish have a large NYC fanbase and history of playing in Yankee Stadium, even though they went to the Pinstripe last year they'll make a return appearance. Sun is the last of this tier, and with the Military next in the order it's easier to get to DC from Raleigh than Boston, so BC heads to El Paso and the Sun while State goes to the Military.

Now we have four teams at 6-6 and three bowls to place them. VT/UNC/Miami/Pitt for the Duck Commander/Quick Lane/BITCOIN bowls. No one really wants to to go Shreveport, but they take the biggest duck on the pond in Virginia Tech, with potentially Frank Beamer's last game as a draw. Pitt is the closest team to Detroit, so I think you head out to Murder City and the Quick Lane bowl. It's down to UNC and Miami for the BITCOIN bowl, and the Heels will always be taken care of by the conference so they head to St. Pete and Miami is left to find a free bowl.

Now, the ACC has a rule where you can jump a team that's ahead of you in the standings, so any of the 6-6 teams can jump a 7-5 team. Virginia Tech could go to the Military and sent NC State to Shreveport, for example.

So if I had to guess, right now I'd say you're looking at Detroit and the Quick Lane Bowl. But Shreveport and St. Pete are in play, and there's a chance you'll be thrown into the wild and have to fill an empty slot. You will make a bowl, since even if we have more teams than bowls Power 5 teams will be taken over the Mid-Majors every time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is likely headed to the Poinsettia Bowl to play Navy.

The last time this happened, San Diego flooded.

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 30, 2014

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
So, Fresno State is 6-6 going into the MWCCG against Boise State. If/when they lose that game, at 6-7, will they be treated the same way 2011 UCLA and 2012 Georgia Tech were? Does the lower standing of the conference and the fact that Fresno isn't filling in for a sanctioned true division winner make any difference in this case?

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

SpiritualDeath posted:

So, Fresno State is 6-6 going into the MWCCG against Boise State. If/when they lose that game, at 6-7, will they be treated the same way 2011 UCLA and 2012 Georgia Tech were? Does the lower standing of the conference and the fact that Fresno isn't filling in for a sanctioned true division winner make any difference in this case?
The current bowl eligibility procedures treat a 6-7 team as a 6-6 team in the case where loss #7 comes in a conference title game, no waivers required. I don't know if a barely-eligible MWC team would actually manage to get one of the conference's bowl slots (some conferences are set up so that this is guaranteed) or if they'd be dumped into the wild, but win or lose Fresno is bowl eligible.

E: Actually it looks like the MWC will have enough bowl contracts for bowl-eligible teams so it'll probably be fine.

Basil Hayden fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 30, 2014

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I cannot stress enough how badly I want Arkansas to play Texas. September 11, 2021 is too dang long to wait.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

C. Everett Koop posted:

At 6-6 they're eligible, since you can count one FCS win but not two (unless you get a waiver and we're not giving those out this year). There's 11 ACC teams eligible along with Notre Dame, who goes along with the ACC's selection package.

Barring an upset, FSU will take a slot in the playoff which raises everyone else. We go into the ACC's bowl ties of which they have ten. First up is the Orange Bowl, an Access this year which takes 10-3 Georgia Tech. After that we have three teams at 9-3 (Clemson, Duke, Louisville) and the Russell Athletic next in the picking order, who takes Clemson.

Now, from there we have four bowls considered in the same level (Belk/Pinstripe/Music City or Tax Slayer/Sun). With the new agreement the ACC takes the Tax Slayer as an ACC team hasn't played there and sends Louisville. Duke stays close to home in the Belk.

Now it's the 7-5 teams with Notre Dame, NC State and Boston College. The Irish have a large NYC fanbase and history of playing in Yankee Stadium, even though they went to the Pinstripe last year they'll make a return appearance. Sun is the last of this tier, and with the Military next in the order it's easier to get to DC from Raleigh than Boston, so BC heads to El Paso and the Sun while State goes to the Military.

Now we have four teams at 6-6 and three bowls to place them. VT/UNC/Miami/Pitt for the Duck Commander/Quick Lane/BITCOIN bowls. No one really wants to to go Shreveport, but they take the biggest duck on the pond in Virginia Tech, with potentially Frank Beamer's last game as a draw. Pitt is the closest team to Detroit, so I think you head out to Murder City and the Quick Lane bowl. It's down to UNC and Miami for the BITCOIN bowl, and the Heels will always be taken care of by the conference so they head to St. Pete and Miami is left to find a free bowl.

Now, the ACC has a rule where you can jump a team that's ahead of you in the standings, so any of the 6-6 teams can jump a 7-5 team. Virginia Tech could go to the Military and sent NC State to Shreveport, for example.

So if I had to guess, right now I'd say you're looking at Detroit and the Quick Lane Bowl. But Shreveport and St. Pete are in play, and there's a chance you'll be thrown into the wild and have to fill an empty slot. You will make a bowl, since even if we have more teams than bowls Power 5 teams will be taken over the Mid-Majors every time.

Brilliant, and thank you. I'm kinda hoping Pitt ends up in the Bitcoin bowl so I can go see them, but it sounds like they'll probably take Miami.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What bowl will Illinois most likely go to?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Pitt doesn't travel at all, see: three straight years in the mobile shithole bowl.

Also, for you:

chaoslord posted:

I cannot stress enough how badly I want Arkansas to play Texas. September 11, 2021 is too dang long to wait.

The chances of the Texas Bowl not taking a made for tv match up in Texas/Aggie are astounding.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The chances of the Texas Bowl not taking a made for tv match up in Texas/Aggie are astounding.

The schools need to cooperate and there's a slim to none chance of that happening. Texas v. LSU/Arkansas is most likely.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C. Everett Koop posted:

The schools need to cooperate and there's a slim to none chance of that happening. Texas v. LSU/Arkansas is most likely.

Yeah, I don't think A&M wants a matchup now and I think Texas is still kind of sour about them leaving.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 14: The SEC is so bad it killed UAB

Legend: Bold = bowl eligible Italics = projected eligible strike = bowl ineligible

ACC

Atlantic
pre:
Florida State      (Seminoles, 8-0, 12-0)        GT     (8-0, 13-0)
Clemson            (Tigers, 6-2, 9-3)                   (6-2, 9-3)
Louisville         (Cardinals, 5-3, 9-3)                (5-3, 9-3)
Boston College     (Eagles, 4-4, 7-5)                   (4-4, 7-5)
NC State           (Wolfpack, 3-5, 7-5)                 (3-5, 7-5)
Syracuse           (Orange, 1-7, 3-9)                   (1-7, 3-9)
Wake Forest        (Demon Deacons, 1-7, 3-9)            (1-7, 3-9) 
FSU once again does just enough to win, but I can't see them being lowered behind whoever jumps into the Playoff. GT on a short week will be tough and if Jameis is intent on throwing the ball to the wrong team as many times as possible an upset is possible.

Coastal
pre:
Georgia Tech       (Yellow Jackets, 6-2, 10-2)     FSU     (6-2, 10-3) 
Duke               (Blue Devils, 5-3, 9-3)                 (5-3, 9-3)
North Carolina     (Tar Heels, 4-4, 6-6)                   (4-4, 6-6)
Pittsburgh         (Panthers, 4-4, 6-6)                    (4-4, 6-6)
Miami              (Hurricanes, 3-5, 6-6)                  (3-5, 6-6)
Virginia Tech      (Hokies, 3-5, 6-6)                      (3-5, 6-6)
Virginia           (Cavaliers, 3-5, 5-7)                   (3-5, 5-7)
Operation 4-4 ends up with two teams, UNC and Pitt, playing along. Georgia Tech's all but booked themselves into the Orange Bowl with their upset of Georgia. Pitt and VT end up becoming eligible, and it's going to be interesting to see who gets left out in the wild from the ACC's bowl eligible teams.

pre:
Notre Dame (Fighting Irish, 7-5)     (7-5)
Notre Dame didn't want to play in the Russell Athletic Bowl either. They're on a complete freefall right now, but with name value and a willingness to play in NYC they'll have a reasonably soft landing.

ACC Projected Bowl Teams (12): FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Louisville, Duke, Notre Dame, Boston College, NC State, North Carolina, Pitt, Miami, Virginia Tech
ACC Projected Playoff Contenders: Florida State
ACC Projected Access Contenders: Georgia Tech

Big Ten

East
pre:
Ohio State      (Buckeyes, 8-0, 11-1)           WISC     (8-0, 12-1)
Michigan State  (Spartans, 7-1, 10-2)                    (7-1, 10-2)
Maryland        (Terapins, 4-4, 7-5)                     (4-4, 7-5)
Rutgers         (Scarlet Knights, 3-5, 7-5)              (3-5, 7-5)
Michigan        (Wolverines, 3-5, 5-7)                   (3-5, 5-7)
Penn State      (Nittany Lions, 2-6, 6-6)                (2-6, 6-6)
Indiana         (Hoosiers, 1-7, 4-8)                     (1-7, 4-8)]
Ohio State's going to be on the outside looking in without even more help. Had Auburn beat Alabama I could have seen the committee giving them a shot, but with Bama winning and losing another QB Buckeye needs to dominate and get help from the Big 12. Sparty's looking like an Access Bowl is in their future. Michigan pays Hoke his weight in butterburgers and tells him to hit the bricks. Penn State's also in a free fall but they're eligible and will draw.

West
pre:
Wisconsin      (Badgers, 7-1, 10-2)           OHST     (7-1, 10-2)
Minnesota      (Golden Gophers, 5-2, 8-3)              (5-3, 8-4)
Nebraska       (Huskers, 5-3, 9-3)                     (5-3, 9-3)
Iowa           (Hawkeyes, 4-4, 7-5)                    (4-4, 7-5)
Illinois       (Fightin’ Illini, 3-5, 6-6)             (3-5, 6-6)
Northwestern   (Wildcats, 3-5, 5-7)                    (4-4, 6-6)
Purdue         (Boilermakers, 1-7, 3-9)                (1-7, 3-9)
Wisconsin wins and has a good shot of winning next week and giving the Big Ten three teams in the Access Bowls. Nebraska firing Pelini is going to hurt their profile as teams with interim/lame duck coaches aren't attractive, but with Husker's batshit fanbase who knows. Illinois gets in and Northwestern doesn't and somehow that's the worst case scenario for both schools.

Big Ten Projected Bowl Teams (10): Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Illinois
Big Ten Projected Playoff Contenders: Ohio State
Big Ten Projected Access Contenders: Wisconsin, Michigan State

Big 12

pre:
Baylor           (Bears, 7-1, 10-1)            KST      (8-1, 11-1)
TCU              (Horned Frogs, 7-1, 10-1)     ISU      (8-1, 11-1)
Kansas State     (Wildcats, 7-1, 9-2)          @BAY     (7-2, 9-3)
Oklahoma         (Sooners, 5-3, 8-3)           OKST     (6-3, 9-3)
Texas            (Longhorns, 5-4, 6-6)                  (5-4, 6-6)
West Virginia    (Mountaineers, 5-4, 7-5)               (5-4, 7-5)
Oklahoma State   (Cowboys, 3-5, 5-6)           @OK      (3-6, 5-7)
Texas Tech       (Red Raiders, 2-7, 4-8)                (2-7, 4-8)
Kansas           (Jayhawks, 1-8, 3-9)                   (1-8, 3-9)
Iowa State       (Cyclones, 0-8, 2-9)          @TCU     (0-9, 2-10)
TCU squashes Texas and has essentially made their case to the Committee, unless they drop another 80 points on poor Iowa State. Baylor's got a good foe in K-State, but after struggling against Texas Tech they're got their work cut out for them. I like either TCU or Baylor over Ohio State provided one of the two win, but if both do I don't even the Committee having to put one in and one out.

Big 12 Projected Bowl Teams (6): TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Texas
Big 12 Projected Playoff Contenders: Baylor, TCU
Big 12 Projected Access Contenders: None

Pac-12

North
pre:
Oregon             (Ducks, 8-1, 11-1)           ARIZ     (8-1, 12-1)
Stanford           (Cardinal, 5-4, 7-5)                  (4-5, 6-6)
Washington         (Huskies, 4-5, 8-5)                   (4-5, 8-5)
California         (Golden Bears, 3-6, 5-7)              (3-6, 5-7)
Oregon State       (Beavers, 2-7, 5-7)                   (2-7, 5-7)
Washington State   (Cougars, 2-7, 3-9)                   (2-7, 3-9)
Oregon gets their least favored opponent with Arizona having claimed the only L on the Ducks record. Cal loses to BYU and misses a bowl.

South
pre:
Arizona         (Wildcats, 7-2, 10-2)      ORE     (7-2, 10-3)
UCLA            (Bruins, 6-3, 9-3)                 (7-2, 10-3)
Arizona State   (Sun Devils, 6-3, 9-3)             (6-3, 9-3)
USC             (Trojans, 6-3, 8-4)                (6-3, 8-4)
Utah            (Utes, 5-4, 8-4)                   (5-4, 8-4)
Colorado        (Buffaloes, 0-9, 2-10)             (0-9, 2-10)
Ok UCLA hadn't won the division last week and managed to lose to Stanford and not win the division. Arizona's win sets them up for at least the Fiesta Bowl, and potentially the Playoff if they beat Oregon again. USC knocking off Notre Dame somewhat helps their profile.

Pac-12 Projected Bowl Teams (8): Oregon, Arizona, UCLA, Arizona State, USC, Stanford, Utah, Washington
Pac-12 Projected Playoff Teams: Oregon
Pac-12 Projected Access Teams: Arizona

SEC

East
pre:
Missouri         (Tigers, 7-1, 10-2)        BAMA     (7-1, 10-3)
Georgia          (Bulldogs, 6-2, 9-3)                (6-2, 9-3)
Florida          (Gators, 4-4, 6-5)                  (4-4, 6-5)
South Carolina   (Gamecocks, 3-5, 6-6)               (3-5, 6-6)
Tennessee        (Volunteers, 3-5, 6-6)              (3-5, 6-6)
Kentucky         (Wildcats, 2-6, 5-7)                (2-6, 5-7)
Vanderbilt       (Commodores, 0-8, 3-9)              (0-8, 3-9)
Mizzou beat Bama and gives the SEC a bad matchup in the SEC Title game. Missouri would be a contender had they not lost to Indiana, which is such a bad loss it's killed any and all respect for Missou. Georgia's loss to GT knocks them out of the Peach Bowl. All in all, a bad day for the SEC East.

West
pre:
Alabama             (Crimson Tide, 7-1, 11-1)     MIZZ     (7-1, 12-1) 
Mississippi State   (Bulldogs, 6-2, 10-2)                  (6-2, 10-2)
Ole Miss            (Rebels, 5-3, 9-3)                     (5-3, 9-3)
Auburn              (Tigers, 4-4, 8-4)                     (4-4, 8-4)
LSU                 (Tigers, 4-4, 8-4)                     (4-4, 8-4)
Texas A&M           (Aggies, 3-5, 7-5)                     (3-5, 7-5)
Arkansas            (Razorbacks, 2-6, 6-6)                 (2-6, 6-6)
Bama rallies to win the Iron Bowl and save the SEC from complete and total embarrassment. Ole Miss wins the Egg Bowl and knocks #CLANGA out of the Playoff, but at 10 wins Cowbell will most likely head to the Peach. The whole division is still eligible, which is an accomplishment, but it's also a sign they ate themselves alive and there's real consideration to the idea that the SEC has fallen from their lofty perch.

SEC Projected Bowl Teams (12): Alabama, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee
SEC Projected Playoff Teams: Alabama
SEC Projected Contract Teams: Miss State

American

pre:
Memphis           (Tigers, 7-1, 9-3)                            (7-1, 9-3)
UCF               (Knights, 6-1, 8-3)               @ECU        (7-1, 9-3)
Cincinnati        (Bearkats, 6-1, 8-3)              HOU         (7-1, 9-3)
East Carolina     (Pirates, 5-2, 8-3)               UCF         (6-2, 9-3)
Houston           (Cougars, 5-2, 7-4)               @CIN        (5-3, 7-5)
Temple            (Owls, 3-4, 5-6)                  @TULANE     (4-4, 6-6)
South Florida     (Bulls, 3-5, 4-8)                             (3-5, 4-8)
Tulane            (Green Wave, 2-5, 3-8)            TEMPLE      (2-6, 3-9)
Tulsa             (Golden Hurricane, 2-6, 2-10)                 (2-6, 3-9)
Connecticut       (Huskies, 1-6, 2-9)               SMU         (2-6, 4-8)
SMU               (Mustangs, 0-7, 0-11)             @UCONN      (0-8, 0-12)
Memphis claims a share of the 'Murica title and most likely sits in the catbird seat if Boise loses. Temple needs to beat Tulane to give the conference a sixth team. SMU's suffering is almost over and help is on the way.

American Projected Bowl Teams (6): Memphis, UCF, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Temple
American Projected Access Teams: None

Conference USA

East
pre:
Marshall                   (Thundering Herd, 7-1, 11-1)     LATECH     (7-1, 12-1)
Middle Tennessee State     (Blue Raiders, 5-3, 6-6)                    (5-3, 6-6)
Western Kentucky           (Hilltoppers, 4-4, 7-5)                     (4-4, 7-5)
UAB                        (Blazers, 4-4, 6-6)                         (4-4, 6-6)
Old Dominion               (Monarchs, 4-4, 6-6)                        (4-4, 6-6)
FIU                        (Golden Panthers, 3-5, 4-8)                 (3-5, 4-8)
FAU                        (Owls, 2-6, 3-9)                            (2-6, 3-9)
Marshall finally makes it into the Top 25 and proceeded to poo poo themselves against WKU, which knocks the Herd out of contention. But that pales to what's happening to UAB, and though that talk belongs in the Aftermath thread and it might get its own thread, I don't see a team that's on death's door being picked to play a bowl game, if they don't outright refuse bids. It's a loving shame, but I think UAB's played their last football game.

West
pre:
Louisiana Tech   (Bulldogs, 7-1, 8-4)          MAR     (7-1, 8-4)
Rice             (Owls, 5-3, 7-5)                      (5-3, 7-5)
UTEP             (Miners, 5-3, 7-5)                    (5-3, 7-5)
UTSA             (Roadrunners, 3-5, 4-8)               (3-5, 4-8)
North Texas      (Mean Green, 2-6, 4-8)                (1-7, 3-9)
Southern Miss    (Golden Eagles, 1-7, 3-9)             (1-7, 3-9)
LaTech beats the hell out of Rice and claims the West title and we'll see if they can keep up that effort against Marshall. Other than that par for the course in the West.

C-USA Projected Bowl Teams (8): Marshall, Louisiana Tech, Rice, UTEP, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, UAB
C-USA Projected Access Teams: None

MAC

East
pre:
Bowling Green     (Falcons, 5-3, 7-5)            NIU     (5-3, 7-6)
Ohio              (Bobcats, 4-4, 6-6)                    (4-4, 6-6)
Buffalo           (Bulls, 3-4, 5-6)                      (3-4, 5-6)
Akron             (Zips, 3-5, 5-7)                       (4-4, 6-6)
Massachussets     (Minutemen, 3-5, 3-9)                  (3-5, 3-9)
Miami             (Redhawks, 2-6, 2-10)                  (2-6, 2-10)
Kent State        (Golden Flashes, 1-6, 2-9)             (1-6, 2-9)
Bowling Green loses but still claims the division. Ohio's the only other team that's eligible after Kent State upsets Akron. What a dogshit division.

West
pre:
Northern Illinois     (Huskies, 7-1, 10-2)      BG       (7-1, 11-2)
Toledo                (Rockets, 7-1, 8-4)                (7-1, 8-4)
Western Michigan      (Broncos, 6-2, 8-4)                (6-2, 8-4)
Central Michigan      (Chippewas, 5-3, 7-5)              (5-3, 7-5)
Ball State            (Cardinals, 4-4, 5-7)              (2-2, 5-7)
Eastern Michigan      (Eagles, 1-7, 2-10)                (1-7, 3-9)
NIU beats WMU and wins the West, will most likely win the MAC again and at 11-2 they might be the Access Bowl rep if Boise loses and the Committee likes them more than Memphis. At six teams eligible all should go bowling.

MAC Projected Bowl Teams (6): Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Ohio
MAC Projected Access Teams: None

Mountain West

Mountain
pre:
Boise State        (Broncos, 7-1, 10-2)     SDST     (7-1, 11-2)
Colorado State     (Rams, 6-2, 10-2)                 (6-2, 10-2)
Utah State         (Aggies, 6-2, 9-4)                (6-2, 9-4)
Air Force          (Falcons, 5-3, 9-3)               (5-3, 9-3)
New Mexico         (Lobos, 2-6, 4-8)                 (2-6, 4-8)
Wyoming            (Buffaloes, 2-6, 4-8)             (2-6, 4-8)
Boise wins, CSU doesn't and Boise's in a win and in situation for an Access Bowl, most likely the Fiesta again.

West
pre:
Fresno State        (Bulldogs, 5-3, 6-6)             BOISE     (5-3, 6-7)
San Diego State     (Aztecs, 5-3, 7-5)                         (5-3, 7-5)
Nevada              (Wolfpack, 4-4, 7-5)                       (4-4, 7-5)
Hawai’i             (Rainbow Warriors, 3-5, 4-9)               (3-5, 4-9)
San Jose State      (Spartans, 2-6, 3-9)                       (2-6, 3-9)
UNLV                (Rebels, 1-7, 2-11)                        (1-7, 2-11)
Fresno wins and claims the West, even if they lose to Boise they'll get a waiver at 6-7 because of where the 7th loss took place (Conference championship game), but it'll be a matter of finding a home for them. If UAB can get rid of football, it might be a possibility for UNLV if they can't get their ducks all in a row.

MWC Projected Bowl Teams (7): Boise State, Colorado State, Air Force, Utah State, San Diego State, Nevada, Fresno State
MWC Projected Access Teams: Boise State

Sun Belt

pre:
Georgia Southern        (Golden Eagles, 8-0, 9-3)     (8-0, 9-3)
Louisiana-Lafayette     (Rajun’ Cajuns, 7-1, 8-4)     (7-1, 8-4)
Appalachian State       (Mountaineers, 6-2, 7-5)      (6-2, 7-5)
South Alabama           (Jaguars, 5-3, 6-6)           (5-3, 6-6)
Arkansas State          (Red Wolves, 5-3, 7-5)        (5-3, 7-5)
Texas State             (Bobcats, 5-3, 7-5)           (5-3, 7-5)
Louisiana-Monroe        (Warhawks, 3-5, 4-8)          (3-5, 4-8)
Troy                    (Trojans, 3-5, 3-9)           (3-5, 5-7)
New Mexico State        (Aggies, 1-7, 2-10)           (1-7, 2-10)
Idaho                   (Vandals, 1-7, 1-10)          (1-7, 1-10)
Georgia State           (Panthers, 0-8, 1-11)         (0-8, 1-11)
In their first year in FBS play, Georgia Southern and App State go a combined 14-2 in conference play with Georgia Southern winning the Fun Belt outright, 16-8 overall, and would be bowl eligible if not for the transfer rule. Either the elite of FCS are better than we think (and with NDSU's success that may be the possibility) or the Fun Belt is really bad y'all. Just four teams going bowling, but with three slots Texas State could be in trouble.

Sun Belt Projected Bowl Teams (4): Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, Arkansas State, Texas State
Sun Belt Projected Access Teams: None

Independents

pre:
BYU      (Cougars, 8-4)                    (7-5)
Navy     (Midshipmen, 6-5)        ARMY     (7-5)
Army     (Black Knights, 4-7)     NAVY     (4-8)
BYU upsets Cal to keep the Bears from a bowl, while Navy knocks off South Alabama and are now headed to the Poinsettia Bowl. Army/Navy should be fun.

Independent Projected Bowl Teams (2): BYU, Navy
Independent Projected Access Teams: None

Number of Bowl Slots: 76
Number of Projected Bowl Teams: 81 - 12 (ACC, SEC), 10 (Big Ten), 8 (Pac-12, C-USA), 7 (MWC), 6 (Big 12, American, MAC), 4 (Sun Belt), 2 (Indep)

CFB Playoffs
pre:
Rose             1/1      Pasadena, California       Semifinal     TCU vs. Oregon
Sugar            1/1      New Orleans, Louisiana     Semifinal     Florida State vs. Alabama
Championship     1/12     Arlington, Texas           Final         Rose Winner vs. Sugar Winner
Mississippi State's loss knocks them out of the Playoff and it becomes a battle between TCU, Ohio State and Baylor. TCU has the best current win with a thrashing of Texas, but their last game against Iowa State is a "nothing to gain everything to lose" type situation. Ohio State completes another unbeaten season in the Big Ten, but go into the B1GCG on their third-string quarterback and are currently up in the air. Baylor struggled to beat Texas Tech, but have a good matchup against K-State to gain another quality win and make their case as Big 12 Champs. I see the order being Bama/Oregon/FSU in the top 3 and we'll worry about the mental gymnastics to get better regional matchups next week. TCU slides into four and the last Playoff slot, Ohio State sits at 5 and Baylor at 6, and those last three aren't in stone at all. Next week will be interesting.

Access Bowls
pre:
Orange     12/31     Miami, Florida        ACC 1 vs. SEC/B1G/ND      Georgia Tech vs. Ohio State
Peach      12/31     Atlanta, Georgia      At-Large vs. At-Large     Mississippi State vs. Michigan State 
Fiesta     12/31     Glendale, Arizona     At-Large vs. At-Large     Arizona vs. Boise State 
Cotton     1/1       Arlington, Texas      At-Large vs. At-Large     Baylor vs. Wisconsin
A complete shakeup from last week. At 10 wins Georgia Tech takes the ACC's spot in the Orange Bowl. I didn't realize that the Orange is obligated to take the highest ranked SEC/B1G/ND team that doesn't make the Playoff, and as such Ohio State makes a return trip. #CLANGA falls from the Playoff to the Peach Bowl, where they'll face Sparty. Arizona wins the Pac-12 South and heads to the Fiesta if they don't beat Oregon and make the Playoff itself. Boise wins the MWC and the Group of 5 Access Bowl spot practically by default. Baylor stays in state as the Big 12 Champs, where Wisconsin gives the Big Ten the most teams in Playoff/Access Bowls with three. I could go on a huge troll spree about how the south and SEC is worthless at football and how the Big Ten is where real men play football and dammit if you don't run up the middle for three yards like your daddy did and his daddy did then you're a worthless sissy boy and the forward pass is for Communists and if you don't live in Ohio just loving kill yourself, but I won't.

The rest of the bowls.

pre:
R+L Carriers New Orleans                     12/20     New Orleans, Louisiana      Sun Belt vs. MWC       Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Fresno State
Gildan New Mexico                            12/20     Albuquerque, New Mexico     MWC vs. C-USA          San Diego State vs. UTEP
Royal Purple Las Vegas                       12/20     Las Vegas, Nevada           MWC vs. Pac-12         Colorado State vs. Utah 
Famous Idaho Potato                          12/20     Boise, Idaho                MAC vs. MWC            Bowling Green vs. Nevada
Raycom Media Camellia                        12/20     Montgomery, Alabama         MAC vs. Sun Belt       Western Michigan vs. Arkansas State
Miami Beach                                  12/22     Miami, Florida              AAC vs. BYU            East Carolina vs. BYU
Boca Raton                                   12/23     Boca Raton, Florida         C-USA vs. MAC          Marshall vs. Toledo
San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia     12/23     San Diego, California       MWC vs. Navy           Utah State vs. Navy
Popeyes Bahamas                              12/24     Nassau, Bahamas             C-USA vs. MAC          Temple vs. Western Kentucky
Hawai'i                                      12/24     Honolulu, Hawai’i           C-USA vs. MWC          Rice vs. Air Force
Heart of Dallas                              12/26     Dallas, Texas               Big Ten vs. C-USA      Florida vs. Louisiana Tech
Quick Lane                                   12/26     Detroit, Michigan           ACC vs. Big Ten        North Carolina vs. Illinois
BITCOIN St. Petersburg                       12/26     St. Petersburg, Florida     AAC vs. ACC            UCF vs. Miami
Military                                     12/27     Annapolis, Maryland         AAC vs. ACC            Memphis vs. Virginia Tech
Hyundai Sun                                  12/27     El Paso, Texas              ACC vs. Pac-12         Boston College vs. Stanford
Duck Commander Independence                  12/27     Shreveport, Louisiana       ACC vs. SEC            NC State vs. Tennessee
New Era Pinstripe                            12/27     Bronx, New York             ACC vs. Big Ten        Notre Dame vs. Rutgers      
National University Holiday                  12/27     San Diego, California       Big Ten vs. Pac-12     Nebraska vs. Arizona State
AutoZone Liberty                             12/29     Memphis, Tennessee          Big 12 vs. SEC         West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
Russell Athletic                             12/29     Orlando, Florida            ACC vs. Big 12         Clemson vs. Kansas State
AdvoCare V100 Texas                          12/29     Houston, Texas              Big 12 vs. SEC         Texas vs. LSU
Franklin American Mortgage Music City        12/30     Nashville, Tennessee        SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten    Auburn vs. Maryland
Belk                                         12/30     Charlotte, North Carolina   ACC vs. SEC            Duke vs. South Carolina
San Francisco                                12/30     Santa Clara, California     Big Ten vs. Pac-12     Penn State vs. USC
Citrus                                       1/1       Orlando, Florida            Big Ten vs. SEC        Minnesota vs. Ole Miss
Outback                                      1/1       Tampa, Florida              Big Ten vs. SEC        Iowa vs. Missouri
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces                 1/2       Fort Worth, Texas           AAC vs. Army           Houston vs. Pitt
TaxSlayer Gator                              1/2       Jacksonville, Florida       SEC vs. ACC/Big Ten    Georgia vs. Louisville
Valero Alamo                                 1/2       San Antonio, Texas          Big 12 vs. Pac-12      Oklahoma vs. UCLA
Cactus                                       1/2       Tempe, Arizona              Big 12 vs. Pac-12      Ohio vs. Washington
Birmingham                                   1/3       Birmingham, Alabama         AAC vs. SEC            Cincinnati vs. Arkansas
GoDaddy                                      1/4       Mobile, Alabama             MAC vs. Sun Belt       Northern Illinois vs. South Alabama
We're down a team and we're definitely going to be over with only Temple and Okie Lite being on the fence. From C-USA Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, UAB get left home, Central Michigan gets dicked over once again as Ohio heads to Tempe, and Texas State can't compete with Pitt and Florida filling in bowl slots.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 7, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy another gator bowl

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
OP you're doing great work here

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
bitcoin is the most miami of currencies so of course we're going to play in that bowl

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

The schools actually have very little say in what bowl game they go to. The conference and the bowls mostly make the decision, though the Big XII won't completely piss off Texas.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 1, 2014

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Ugh... Not Iowa, I still have flashbacks of the Insight Bowl. :argh: Gabbert! :argh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The San Francisco Bowl is still a thing?

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

alpha_destroy posted:

Ugh... Not Iowa, I still have flashbacks of the Insight Bowl. :argh: Gabbert! :argh:

this Iowa team makes 2010 Iowa look like the 2013 Seahawks, I wouldn't be too worried

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

The San Francisco Bowl is still a thing?

It's actually the Foster Farms Bowl now. Formerly it was the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl and the Emerald Bowl before that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Pitt doesn't travel at all, see: three straight years in the mobile shithole bowl.

Also, for you:

With the SEC controlling things, I really don't think they'll send A&M. The Aggies are the new darling of the SEC and they wouldn't want them to have a chance to lose to a big rival. I think they'd be more than happy to send Arkansas. If we lose, no big deal, conference brand won't take a hit because it's just Arkansas. A win, though, would be huge to our fanbase because we still see Texas as our old rival even though I think most of the Longhorn fanbase has moved on. It's no risk/high reward from the big wigs viewpoint to send the Hogs.

We will see soon enough though, I'm just happy to be going bowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Can someone fill me in as to why there's so no chance that Texas/Texas A&M would want to play one another?

• Locked thread