Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
The North Rim is both less crowded and more interesting, in my opinion. I've been there twice and you will totally get the whole experience.

The things that makes the South Rim different from the North are: 1) Steeper drop from the rim to the Colorado River; 2) The South Rim is at a slightly lower elevation than the North, so the canyon seems slightly larger, but at the same time the North feels a bit "deeper"; and 3) The North Rim is heavily forested.

Point 1 doesn't really make the canyon more or less impressive, the scale is so large you're not going to be paying attention to the slope of the sides. Point 3 is actually a huge plus for the North Rim in my opinion. It's a bit cooler, and the variety in the landscape is really enjoyable.

The only real downside of the North is that it's closed during the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Bryce is nice (:haw:) but it has really, really gotten swamped with crowds. I was there in the early 90's as a kid, and it was a totally different experience. Having been back a few times since then, I'm always disappointed at the size of the crowds. Too close to Vegas for it's own good.

• Locked thread