Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ugh this whole thing is so dumb. God I stuck up for Remender for so long, telling people "No guys Uncanny Avengers is good no really" and then he just has to go do... this. EggBad comic on my face. The worst part is the whole Genesis going-full-Apocalypse thing because I'm worried that that will be the one thing that doesn't revert when this whole thing ends, just because Apocalypse is such an iconic character (plus it will conveniently have Apocalypse back to status quo in time for the X-Men movie with him in it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I kind of hope they keep bumbling good guy Carnage. But only if he stays a villain in everyone else's eyes, other wise it's just Deadpool 2.0.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

WickedHate posted:

Bless his heart, he's trying.

I love that she has her high heel ready to go into Carnage's face.

I'll buy any of the Carnage issues if he's like this for all of it. I want Carnage to become The Maxx.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

I am so tired of the heroes of the Marvel Universe bickering and fighting each other rather than villains.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Anora posted:

I kind of hope they keep bumbling good guy Carnage. But only if he stays a villain in everyone else's eyes, other wise it's just Deadpool 2.0.

Yeah, good guy Carnage is super gimmicky, but it's still leagues more interesting and entertaining than regular Carnage.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Seriously if they stick with Evan being all regular Apocalypse it would piss me off quite a bit. Please don't do this. :ohdear:

Still do like the inverted Hobgoblin and Carnage books, though.

Deadly Chlorine fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 7, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

eliotlucas posted:

I am so tired of the heroes of the Marvel Universe bickering and fighting each other rather than villains.

I dunno, that's a staple for Marvel. Always has been from the very start.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Codependent Poster posted:

I dunno, that's a staple for Marvel. Always has been from the very start.

The very first marvel crossover was human torch and namor havin beef

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So Captain Falcon & The Mighty Avengers will just be about how Sam and Luke are assholes now? :( I was really excited for that book...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So Captain Falcon & The Mighty Avengers will just be about how Sam and Luke are assholes now? :( I was really excited for that book...

Maybe issue 1 will be all about Blue Marvel beating the hell out of them until they're normal.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Wait, is that stuff about Captain America's first issue and the relaunch of Mighty Avengers being Axis tie-ins true? Hahaha, that's the dumbest loving thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dan Didio posted:

Wait, is that stuff about Captain America's first issue and the relaunch of Mighty Avengers being Axis tie-ins true? Hahaha, that's the dumbest loving thing.

Cap's first issue isn't.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Seems pretty straightforward to me, people liked Superior Spider-Man so they'll just do that with everybody I'm sure nothing can go wrong and everyone totally got why people liked that. :downs:

I'm just surprised this event isn't called "Superiority" or something.

Also, Axis #4's Avengers scenes are some of the worst comics I've read in ages. And I read Avengers Undercover.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Blockhouse posted:

Cap's first issue isn't.

Are any of them?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't know what Remender was thinking by having Captain Falcon immediately be an rear end in a top hat, even if it was mind control or whatever. And Steve is still Steve who should be Captain America and right now you've got a character that fell flat on his face. It's a far cry from BuckyCap who was awesome and could favorably compare to Stever from start to finish.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Steve is hung up on catching the Illuminati instead of trying to fix things so they might play that as AXIS.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, I don't know what Remender was thinking by having Captain Falcon immediately be an rear end in a top hat, even if it was mind control or whatever. And Steve is still Steve who should be Captain America and right now you've got a character that fell flat on his face. It's a far cry from BuckyCap who was awesome and could favorably compare to Stever from start to finish.

I should put out four issues into this that I did make this point in the Original Post (and how terrible Kluh would be, even if Sad Hulk was a nice Inversion.)

That being said I was half wrong about Axis Hobgoblin and Axis Carnage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Steve is hung up on catching the Illuminati instead of trying to fix things so they might play that as AXIS.

Nah. Steve is going to get Nova and Spidey together since they weren't there and didn't get inverted. Which sounds like a good concept and hopefully we see Nova and Spidey kick some rear end, but I'm not gonna believe it until it happens .

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
The second issue of the AXIS Hobgoblin mini is an absolute treasure. I'm really going to miss this version of Hobgoblin when he's eventually turned back to normal.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I kind of like how Kingsley, despite being the hero, is just a total slimeball while Urich, despite being the villain, comes off as much more pure/honest in his intentions.

Also the whole thing is funny as hell in general.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Spidy and Sam's buddy stuff was the best. This issue really should have been issue 3, or even 2.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Spidy and Sam's buddy stuff was the best. This issue really should have been issue 3, or even 2.

Yeah Peter being a kind of mentor to Nova was pretty great in the sense they would possibly have the same kind of sarcasm. Also Nova was pretty great as a tie in just showing how hopelessly outmatched Sam was against Kluh even though he got a great shot off by punching him square into Kluh's nostril and letting some Nova Force loose. Wonder how they're going to have the helmet fix itself.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed all their scenes together. It's got me wanting to pick up the Nova tie-in issues. I read the first few issues of his series and I'm not sure why I stopped. Kluh is so loving dumb, though. I can't believe how dumb that concept is. It's a dumb event but Kluh is next-level dumb.

I think issue #5 worked better than the previous 4 overall, honestly. Seeing the inversion-Avengers going full-on evil mode was kinda necessary; previously they'd just been really snippy and vaguely jerk-ish but not doing anything with that. This time they went ahead and turned it up to 11 which is all I really wanted from this event. If this issue'd come earlier on I would be much less annoyed about this event, but instead the first four were drawn out bullshit with only a few cool scenes. (I liked Carnage's scene in 4, and the villain team-up at the end of 3 was great.)

... Now I'm suddenly wondering what the hell the inversion event actually meant for Magneto, though. He seems to be mostly just acting like himself. :confused:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed all their scenes together. It's got me wanting to pick up the Nova tie-in issues. I read the first few issues of his series and I'm not sure why I stopped. Kluh is so loving dumb, though. I can't believe how dumb that concept is. It's a dumb event but Kluh is next-level dumb.

I think issue #5 worked better than the previous 4 overall, honestly. Seeing the inversion-Avengers going full-on evil mode was kinda necessary; previously they'd just been really snippy and vaguely jerk-ish but not doing anything with that. This time they went ahead and turned it up to 11 which is all I really wanted from this event. If this issue'd come earlier on I would be much less annoyed about this event, but instead the first four were drawn out bullshit with only a few cool scenes. (I liked Carnage's scene in 4, and the villain team-up at the end of 3 was great.)

... Now I'm suddenly wondering what the hell the inversion event actually meant for Magneto, though. He seems to be mostly just acting like himself. :confused:

He is willing to do anything for all of mankind instead of just mutants? I assume we will find out later this month in his book.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Yeah, because I don't think that he would be ok with Evan-as-Apocalypse and those methods before the inversion, and he still isn't. But he won't follow Scott now or something I guess, that is an inversion.

It is especially weird that 90% of the X-Men haven't been inverted, but we haven't seen any inner X-Men strife about what they are doing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

He did smile at one point, so there is that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remender said that since Magneto had been driven by vengeance lately that now he was inverted to being driven by forgiveness.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Remender said that instead if vengeance, inverted Magneto is more about atonement. He cited Magneto's original face turn in Uncanny X-Men #200.

Remender also called the Nova tie in a perfect comic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From what I understand the inversion isn't just as simple as Bad->Good and Good->Bad. It just flips a core part of that person's personality.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Die Laughing posted:

Remender said that instead if vengeance, inverted Magneto is more about atonement. He cited Magneto's original face turn in Uncanny X-Men #200.

Remender also called the Nova tie in a perfect comic.

I mite have to check AXIS out that issue of X-Men is my favorite Magneto story.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 15, 2014

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Maybe just check out the Magneto tie in coming up?

Remender writes the poo poo out of Apocalypse. End of this latest issue was great.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Wait, let me see if I have this straight.

Hulk has a new form that he gets into when he's sad

and it's not called The Incredible Sulk?

For god's sake, tell me this gets addressed at some point.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

The HULK'S HULK thing is even dumber because there was already a Kluh and he was a hilarious one-off joke character in an issue from like 3 years ago.

CONFIRMED: Axis would be way better with that Kluh instead. :colbert:

Also, this week's issue was super boring. Good lord. The speech from Apocalypse was kind of cool, despite there being literally no art on the page. Wanda looked really cool in her fight against Doom, but that scene ended before it could go anywhere. The Tony stuff felt like a retread. Not sure what the point of the Thor & Loki bit was. I don't know. The pacing on this is so loving weird. Why am I still reading it. Who am I.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What really kind of sucks is that the main focus SHOULD'VE been an Onslaught powered Red Skull loving poo poo up and having heroes be inverted by Skull, villains getting caught up in it becoming inverted themselves. The most evil obvious villain gets neutered and now we just have rear end in a top hat Avengers.

I still say Magneto pulling a straight up Gallagher on Skull's skull was the best thing that happened for this event and now I wish it was the climax to how it should have ended.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 20, 2014

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Also, this week's issue was super boring. Good lord. The speech from Apocalypse was kind of cool, despite there being literally no art on the page. Wanda looked really cool in her fight against Doom, but that scene ended before it could go anywhere. The Tony stuff felt like a retread. Not sure what the point of the Thor & Loki bit was. I don't know. The pacing on this is so loving weird. Why am I still reading it. Who am I.

The Thor and Loki bit setup stuff that happened in revolutions and loki's comic. It was also a bit redundant. This event is a special kind of lovely because it doesn't even have wasted potential like most of the last bunch. I don't even know how they would do a What If? for it. "What If a different character had been inverted?" Let's watch daredevil be an rear end in a top hat for an issue. WOO?

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
What about "What if Red Skull was the true villain

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't even know how they would do a What If? for it. "What If a different character had been inverted?" Let's watch daredevil be an rear end in a top hat for an issue. WOO?

Do a two-story one-shot about what if only the heroes were inverted or if only the villains were.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's actually really obvious. What if they stayed inverted?

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Or what if Axis was well written?

But that won't happen since it's a Big 2 event comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Loki Inverted or actually just decent now?

• Locked thread