Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think the database is ordered by the 1940s clone (I think?) Red Skull who was controlling Stark's mind, who I can totally see being myopic enough to not imagine dudes like Magneto and Doom would show up to knock his block off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is Axis almost over? It feels like nothing has actually happened and the event has meandered around pointlessly.

I guess the purpose is to shoehorn in some retcons or something?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SirDan3k posted:

What do you call it when a reality warper changes stuff? Retwarps? Warpcons?
I guess you could say she bendis reality to her whims?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was making a pun :(

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is there some Marvel Event curse where good writers just turn into bad writers?
I think so, yeah. Fraction's worst writing is Fear Itself, and while people like Infinity it definitely isn't as good as Hickman is doing right now. Original Sin has like, maybe a third the usual Aaron charm - Aaron is pretty variable to begin with, but I think it definitely falls in his bottom third.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gavok posted:

Why would he be in the inside of Cap's shield?
Well he's inverted, right, like instead of him absorbing Cap's shield, Cap's shield absorbs him?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I actually liked the last couple pages of Axis, especially the Evan bits, but it definitely was a total damp fart.

I mean serious question here, when you got your books, did you read 'just another issue' New Avengers or 'climax of a nine part crossover' Axis first?

Because I read NA twice first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

And Sabretooth looks to basically be his AoA counterpart, while Havoc is ... uh, I think there was a story with ... The guy who wrote the Draco? Bobkatt, back me up here, evil Havoc, exiles, Mutant X? Someone else remembers this.

Basically this isn't anything too exciting.

• Locked thread