Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
No topic, Making Low Effort one.

Rose is hitting shots. It's a miracle.

Edit: Forgot NBA tag. Can a Mod add it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The benches cleared within the first 4 minutes of the Bulls/Wiz game. Because Paul Pierce poked Joakim Noah in the head.

It's interesting that the Bulls seem to be running with Aaron Brooks as their fourth guard. I was worried they wouldn't be able to get a short shooty guy in there with Rose and Hinrich

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
How the gently caress is Andre Miller still in the League.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

McDermott's shot is so goddamn pretty.

Aaron Brooks is going to fill the Short and Shooty role nicely.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 7, 2014

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dexo posted:

How the gently caress is Andre Miller still in the League.

He's like a smaller Diaw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I didn't think anyone had a lower vertical than Boozer, Turns out Pau Does.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
I don't think Butler knows how to score anymore

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shoobis posted:

I don't think Butler knows how to score anymore

But he draws a crazy loving high amount of fouls.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Kobe airballed his first shot, will never be good again

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Ball don't lie

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I may have spoke too soon, Kobe is trying to go for 82 tonight

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lakers haven't even played their future all star yet.

It's weird seeing Boozer on the Lakers.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

The Glumslinger posted:

https://vine.co/v/OKp5Jl5bl5Y

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
NBATV isn't working for me )=

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mirotic sort of owns. And Thibs is not overplaying guys for some reason. They're going to blow their 12 game preseason winning streak!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is it just me or was the crowd really loud for that Lin jumper?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to assume that Cox's technical support was slammed due to a million Lakers fans calling to complain NBATV wasn't working because it turned on just as my phone started to ring. GOT TO SEE THIS MEANINGLESS GAME.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Niwrad posted:

Mirotic sort of owns. And Thibs is not overplaying guys for some reason. They're going to blow their 12 game preseason winning streak!

Yeah Mirotic coming on strong was a fun end to the game. It's good to have a sense for what the rotation is, especially with the two rookies seemingly solidly in the mix. I hated seeing Hinrich getting so much burn, but I can't blame Thibs for not playing Snell, based on what he showed. Plus those minutes will come down as Rose gets more than 14 mpg and Butler gets his 43 mpg or whatever

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Julius Randle still has that summer league first step, that's comforting.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Julius Randle still has that summer league first step, that's comforting.

Yeah, he looked really fast bringing the ball up the court

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Who's this Clarkson guy on the Lakers and why is he taking every single shot?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
jeremy lin's going to be really good this season and then the rockets will sign him to a max contract

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Were the starters running the princeton? Cuz it looks like the bench is running watered down D'Antoni.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

attackmole posted:

Who's this Clarkson guy on the Lakers and why is he taking every single shot?

2nd rounder who their really high on

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Yeah Mirotic coming on strong was a fun end to the game. It's good to have a sense for what the rotation is, especially with the two rookies seemingly solidly in the mix. I hated seeing Hinrich getting so much burn, but I can't blame Thibs for not playing Snell, based on what he showed. Plus those minutes will come down as Rose gets more than 14 mpg and Butler gets his 43 mpg or whatever

I'm excited that they have some legit shooters in the rotation now. Was also surprised that Snell looks right now to be the odd man out on the wing. I don't think Mirotic is going to play a lot this year. Maybe 10-15 minutes a night. He looks to have a ton of potential but seems like he has a lot of adjusting to do to this level.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Great move there by Randle

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Lakers are gonna be a league pass all-star this year. This is fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I want to see Ed Davis play with the starters because I think Nash can get him a lot of easy baskets.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kobe looks so much better than last year.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah, he's Kobe'ing it. I'm a little scared of his body disentegrating, but if it holds up he's still looking good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Randle is so loving fast with the ball, its uncanny

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

what's this USA basketball 2014: golden thing on after this? some kind of mini documentary?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It seemed weird to me that Davis was behind Sacre in the rotation and it seems even stranger now.

I wonder where the Lakers are going to plug Xavier Henry in here because they seem pretty married to the two PG offense but I'm not so sure that either Lin or Clarkson are offering more than Henry would but I'm also not sure which one should sit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

It seemed weird to me that Davis was behind Sacre in the rotation and it seems even stranger now.

I wonder where the Lakers are going to plug Xavier Henry in here because they seem pretty married to the two PG offense but I'm not so sure that either Lin or Clarkson are offering more than Henry would but I'm also not sure which one should sit.

The guy who didn't have 10 assists will probably sit. The bench will be really fun with Henry and Young out there

Also, how the gently caress did that play work out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

The guy who didn't have 10 assists will probably sit. The bench will be really fun with Henry and Young out there

Also, how the gently caress did that play work out

If Lin is going to shoot that bad though it's going to be hard to have him out there with a second unit that already is going to have trouble scoring.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Amazing shot.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Rick posted:

If Lin is going to shoot that bad though it's going to be hard to have him out there with a second unit that already is going to have trouble scoring.

Lin's normally a decent enough shooter. He ain't Rubio. I'd chalk this one up as an outlier.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kirk Heinrich had a jump ball against Josh Smith, didn't jump, and took the ball from Smith when he landed.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Pistons look a lot better with all these overpriced shooters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Igor Strelkov posted:

Kirk Heinrich had a jump ball against Josh Smith, didn't jump, and took the ball from Smith when he landed.

that might be the most old man move ever

• Locked thread