Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I don't think I've ever seen a player reffed as terribly as Papanikolaou today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I can see why Demarcus doesn't like Isiah Thomas, but man is he good/fun to watch. Lucky to have him on my fantasy team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DMC & IT were like BFFs last year :confused:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Nevermind then. Sacramento just did a stupid thing, I just don't understand their roster and Gay is horrible. Although, Stauskas could be pretty good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Rudy Gay has actually owned bones in Sac but yea the IT move was dumb af

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
canaan's good at finding space but not so good at using it

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008
Interesting to see the Bucks and Cavs tonight. Love would be a pretty good team leader in the easier Eastern conference. I think even if the Cavs just had Love and not Lebron & Kyrie, they'd still have a very good shot at the playoffs.

And it doesn't feel bad to jump on the bandwagon because Cleveland is both sports and nonsports-wise, an underdog city with a historically high percentage of passionate fans compared to how a lot of Heat 'fans' don't even care about them now that the team aren't contenders anymore. The Miami area has great weather and is an international destination with lots of stuff to do but (probably because of all that) has a poo poo-ton of fairweather fans. I think there would've been far less hate in his non-Cavs days if Lebron had left Cleveland and formed a big three team in another small-market city rather than a big-name, big-market place like Miami.

That whole Miami big 3 thing just seemed disingenuous and unfair, and the fairweather bandwagoners and hype made it even worse lol. Haha I almost wrote an essay. In summary, go Cavs and Cleveland! Win a ring please. I know just 'deserving' a championship won't bring you one, but Cleveland deserves one championship in some sport.

thegoonofaudio fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 15, 2014

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I believe in Norris Cole.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
OJ Mayo has lost a lot of weight. And grew a mini-fro.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

thegoonofaudio posted:

Interesting to see the Bucks and Cavs tonight. Love would be a pretty good team leader in the easier Eastern conference. I think even if the Cavs just had Love and not Lebron & Kyrie, they'd still have a very good shot at the playoffs.

And it doesn't feel bad to jump on the bandwagon because Cleveland is both sports and nonsports-wise, an underdog city with a historically high percentage of passionate fans compared to how a lot of Heat 'fans' don't even care about them now that the team aren't contenders anymore. The Miami area has great weather and is an international destination with lots of stuff to do but (probably because of all that) has a poo poo-ton of fairweather fans. I think there would've been far less hate in his non-Cavs days if Lebron had left Cleveland and formed a big three team in another small-market city rather than a big-name, big-market place like Miami.

That whole Miami big 3 thing just seemed disingenuous and unfair, and the fairweather bandwagoners and hype made it even worse lol. Haha I almost wrote an essay. In summary, go Cavs and Cleveland! Win a ring please. I know just 'deserving' a championship won't bring you one, but Cleveland deserves one championship in some sport.

Look at this stupid loving post.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Has Joe Harris torn it up yet? Any Joe Harris windmill dunks?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Anthony Davis is stupid good.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Ahahaha, Asik pump-faking and dribble-driving to the basket. He was fouled and made both free throws. :lol:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

Ahahaha, Asik pump-faking and dribble-driving to the basket. He was fouled and made both free throws. :lol:

I saw him cross a dude up once. He's adorable.

e: Ryan Anderson working on his splits

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 15, 2014

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

chunkles posted:

I saw him cross a dude up once. He's adorable.

e: Ryan Anderson working on his splits

I tell ya, it's going to be nice having an honestly good player playing center for 90% of every game. Instead of Stiemsma/Ajinca/Withey. *shudder*

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008

PantsFreeZone posted:

Look at this stupid loving post.

Look it's the SAS village idiot PantsFreeZone. gently caress off. I obviously wasn't talking about actual Heat fans, just bandwagoners.

thegoonofaudio fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 15, 2014

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Your post sure doesn't read like that. Also, I'm the village drunk.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

I tell ya, it's going to be nice having an honestly good player playing center for 90% of every game. Instead of Stiemsma/Ajinca/Withey. *shudder*

everyone was baffled when i listed him as one of my favorite players, but putting him in papers over a lot of the poo poo that's really frustrating when you're watching a team fighting for a playoff spot, like giving up tons of ORBs

e: pap manages to iso score on davis :mmmhmm:

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 15, 2014

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008

PantsFreeZone posted:

Your post sure doesn't read like that. Also, I'm the village drunk.

Okay, we got off on the wrong page man and honestly that flame post just made me wanna flame back haha I wasn't serious considering I have a history of SAS village idiocy myself. I have much respect for people who are actual Heat fans through thick and thin and consider them fellow serious NBA fans, just not bandwagoners.

thegoonofaudio fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 15, 2014

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

thegoonofaudio posted:

Okay, we got off on the wrong page man and honestly that flame post just made me wanna flame back haha I wasn't serious considering I have a history of SAS village idiocy myself. I have much respect for people who are actual Heat fans through thick and thin and consider them fellow serious NBA fans, just not bandwagoners.

Your post was fine, don't ever feel like you need to apologize to PFZ.

Also, Miami wasn't really considered a "big-market" team mostly because they have trouble selling tickets. It wasn't really a big FA destination until Lebron got there, and I think it'll settle back down as a larger mid-tier team again.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pelicans arena is playing minnie the moocher, that's new

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

chunkles posted:

pelicans arena is playing minnie the moocher, that's new

I skipped going to this game for a celebration dinner with some friends. I can't wait till I can see the new court in person.

They also did a lot of work on the rest of the arena that I want to see. Especially the expanded gift shop.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

thegoonofaudio posted:

:roboluv:

I'm just sensitive about the Miami bandwagon thing. We had some of the best attendance in the league the year we won 15 games.

And don't listen to Lockback. He's jealous of my amazing hair.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Houston has major problems against decent bigmen without Dwight on the floor.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Spo needs to tell Shabazz to just not take jumpers.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
Smoking Joe, bitches

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wawwoowoooo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Copeland is actually seeing minutes in the first quarter. Granted, it's pre-season, but still!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

these brazilian guys have some extremely baller names

Marcus Vinicius Vieira de Souza
Carlos Alexandre Rodrigues do Nascimento

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
HOLD THE loving PHONES

Is that my boy Chris Copeland leading the pacers in scoring at a 1 point game against the cavs? Why didn't you scrubs pm me?!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Copeland is hobbling and wincing in pain nooooooo :ohdear:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

HOLD THE loving PHONES

Is that my boy Chris Copeland leading the pacers in scoring at a 1 point game against the cavs? Why didn't you scrubs pm me?!

Hey, I at least posted in the thread that he was getting minutes! I hope he isn't really injured, that would suck.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I was so sad that Copeland didnt take that last shot right into the hoop

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

:pray:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

I guess this is Otto Porters break out year

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Argh, argh, what madness came onto to you cj watson to think you should take the last shot over copeland, argh,

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

My name is Charles Akeem Watson, I shall take the game tying 3 point shot over Chris Copeland who had 4-5 3pt shooting tonight.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Argh, argh, what madness came onto to you cj watson to think you should take the last shot over copeland, argh,

Uhh, you haven't watched much of cj Watson, have you? The dude is a complete unrepentant gunner who loves nothing more than to take shots away from better players.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Orlando rooks doing cool things

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I want to feel good about the Pelicans crushing folks but no one is actually playing any of their good players in the preseason.

• Locked thread