Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox pole
yospos bithc
catte
rip stebe
comedy option
View Results

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
my parents bought me simcopter to play on the family's 133mhz pentium.

presumably they assumed it was a nice, non-violent game. my mom wasn't too thrilled when i gleefully showed her how I could drop passengers out of the helicopter in midair in exchange for a small fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i was a nerd childe. my primary activities on my already-ancient pentium laptop that my uncle gave me were:

• conway's game of life
  • yoot tower
  • star trek starship creator
  • listening to MIDIs

anyway here's yoot tower

http://www.xtcabandonware.com/game/1666/yoot-tower

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

trip report: yoot tower working perfectly in windows 95 compatibility mode

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Go gently caress yourself Bertha Bigglesworth

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

star trek starship creator and sim tower, hello fellow book club customer

idk where starship creator came from but i'm pretty sure I bought yoot tower at ross: dress for less

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

pram posted:

but the name is dumb

it's named after its creator, Yoot Saito. Nice racism u big jerk

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

sim city three thousand was pretty good.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

someday i will have a children and they will not be allowed to have any computer that's not a macintosh LC with copies of Kid Pix and Zoombinis. This is because I am a cruel and terrible person

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

lua posted:

is there any way of playing yoot tower on mavericks? the mac version is ppc and dosbox doesn't like the windows version

get a real computer rofl

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

(try sheepsaver)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

set it to windows 95 compatibility mode... if u can

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

e e e e e e e

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Fib posted:

How the heck do you play yoot tower, I made a big rear end lobby and then a hotel lobby and some rooms on top, it tells me all the rooms are unconnected? I added elevators and it didn't help

build a front desk somewhere accessible (i.e. first floor above/below lobby) and wait a day, or connect them manually in the front desk dialog immediately. don't forget housekeeping. also you'll want more than just elevators for transit, wait times are killer with large populations

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

enjyoed by the same type of people who build working binary computers using dwarf fortress

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

pointers posted:

well now i know what im doing with christmas break

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Computing

highlights include

• the four disciplines of dwarven computing: fluid logic, mechanical logic, creature logic, and minecart logic
  • goblins and elves being ideal computing elements as they are immortal and cannot die of old age
  • "Invaders can cause job cancellations, and in some circuits may escape, wreaking havoc deep in your fortress. Dwarves armed with bolts and crossbows will take potshots at your computers periodically."
  • "Domestic animals are valid choices for creature logic, but come with a host of disadvantages. Many females are capable of giving birth inside of your logic gates; their children can block the closing of doors or set off pressure plates. Grazers, of course, will starve inside most logic circuits, although some special designs may be capable of supporting a grazer."
  • "Mechanical logic offers the potential for incredible speed, yet requires a medium to generate useful signals or to create delay (hence, to create repeaters), and it's hard to use gear assemblies as memory cells. Minecart logic excels at precisely these tasks. Minecart-based power-to-signal and memory are tiny and fast. Minecart-based delay is precisely tunable. The superiority of minecart logic has made water obsolete for these purposes."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

also computers aren't yet powerful enough to run sc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Yes

• Locked thread