Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox pole
yospos bithc
catte
rip stebe
comedy option
View Results

• Locked thread
DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

atomicthumbs posted:

i was a nerd childe. my primary activities on my already-ancient pentium laptop that my uncle gave me were:

• conway's game of life
  • yoot tower
  • star trek starship creator
  • listening to MIDIs

anyway here's yoot tower

http://www.xtcabandonware.com/game/1666/yoot-tower

atomicthumbs posted:

trip report: yoot tower working perfectly in windows 95 compatibility mode

:neckbeard: thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
also if the game crashes when you try to load your saved game from the main screen then try opening a new game and the load your old game from the top left menu

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

thanks whichever one of you elevator spergs recommended that elevator hacking talk video. that was really interesting and entertaining.

link?

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

owns thanks

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

same but transport tycoon
openttd is pretty good with a bunch of improvements and you can even use the original gfx/sfx assets

http://www.openttd.org/en/

always wanted to sit down and sperg out for a few hours but never found the time and :effort:

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Adult Sword Owner posted:

transport tycoon is one of the few games that i completely sucked at yet loved playing
in sim tower you micromanage the elevator and in transport tycoon you micromanage the signals

basically you use signals to setup a station that can take have multiple trains at the same time so you can tell the train to do something like 'wait till the cargo is full' while have another train running

also with signals you can have a trunk line with two rails for both directions, then connect them together with proper signals so you can have a bunch of trains all going using the same trunk line before branching off to their destination

add more lines if your trunk line is congested with proper signals so trains can switch between them with ease

https://wiki.openttd.org/Advanced_signalling_examples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
with bunch of signals and some joint-station-distance adjustment you can setup something like this

one large station for cargo exchange connected by a bunch of trunk lines

but this is the kind of stuff that prevents me from playing due to :effort:

edit: tbf i think the guy build that exchange with the copy/paste thing where you can pre-build a bunch of setup and just place them in one go

DaNzA fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 11, 2014

• Locked thread