Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
gaming peon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

and are we supposed to know what the gently caress this thing is?

looks like a tau cannon imo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

its the new tools of the trade of gordon freeman: gardener

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

looks like a gun from that dumbass f2p goon game Loadout. make a rocket launcher sniper rifle gatling gun for $3!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

id say its a bubble blower but the little blue bottle of bubble solution sais flammable so i dunno

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
hope valve never releases half life 3 because it would loving suck

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Pansacola posted:

its going to be a mappack for half life 2 like episodes 1 and 2

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pansacola posted:

inspired username. but what does it really mean?...

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Hey guys,

I am new to this thread and as such I have not had the chance to catch up on all the good posts yet but could someone confirm whether the title/OP of this thread is true ?

Thanks in advance

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think Half Life and Half Life 2 were real loving good and the best shooters ever made at their time

But it's been 7 years since Episode 2. I barely remember anything except the broad strokes of the story, characters and world and there's no way Valve can live up to 7+ years of expectations at this point anyway

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
also, i didn't care that much about the portal games. I liked the funny A.I woman but a bunch of puzzle rooms in a row isnt what i personally call a great experience

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its like with the praise Bioshock got. Like, the internet adored that poo poo and called it a masterpiece but it was just a ton of really lovely plot and gameplay stuffed in some really cool levels

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hmm yeah real interesting tstuff there Zzulu

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bioshock 2 was even worse and then Bioshock infinite comes out and the only good thing about that game is the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
at valve you work on wahtever you drat well like so as a consequence everyone has been working on other stuff

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Zzulu posted:

its like with the praise Bioshock got. Like, the internet adored that poo poo and called it a masterpiece but it was just a ton of really lovely plot and gameplay stuffed in some really cool levels

Agreed it was a bad repetitive first person shooter with some rpg elements tacked on. They somehow managed to make shooting objectivists in an underwater city not fun.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

bioshock was pretty crappy but then bioshock 2 came out and suddenly bioshock the first one looked pretty good never

i did play bioshock to completion so i suppose i enjoyed it somewhat but i dont think i ever managed to finish the second one

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i was going to say "never played bioshock infinite" then i thought that i might as well just not mention it so i deleted the sentence but i accidently left in "never" that's why that's there ok just thought id clarify things

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
youre all so jaded goons. bioshock 1 was ace, it was one of the first actual decent games with atmosphere and a god drat good plot and half decent writing (coming from an artistic genre that usually thinks a grade 8 level of english is enough to write a story)

bioshock 2 had improved gameplay and a pretty compelling story.

to be honest, infinite was actually the worst of the 3, but its still a very solid game

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the last good game in existence was roller coaster tycoon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the plot consisted of listening to random scattered tapes of faceless caricatures inbetween fighting the most boring enemies with the most boring guns. The big climax of the game is fighting some retarded hulked out clown like some boss out of Quake 2

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

concerned mom posted:

youre all so jaded goons. bioshock 1 was ace, it was one of the first actual decent games with atmosphere and a god drat good plot and half decent writing (coming from an artistic genre that usually thinks a grade 8 level of english is enough to write a story)

to be honest, infinite was actually the worst of the 3, but its still a very solid game

i approached it hearing about how it was a "spiritual successor to system shock 2" which wouldn't have helped it

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

completely disagree with bioshock 2 but i guess i spent most of the time wondering why my giant drill makes such a stupid little "bzzzt" sound

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Zzulu posted:

the plot consisted of listening to random scattered tapes of faceless caricatures inbetween fighting the most boring enemies with the most boring guns. The big climax of the game is fighting some retarded hulked out clown like some boss out of Quake 2

Right on. Have you considered a career in game journalism? You can totally run a man train on chubby nerd girls with that job.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

concerned mom posted:

i liked bioshoick infinite, the story was kinda dumb but the presentation was nice and i got to shoot guns and poo poo which is a big plu s in FPS games

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I bought dishonored during the last sale for like 7 dollars and it kind of owns.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i'd probably like dishonored but when i tried it during the free weekend it started with like 20 minutes of low-game play exposition which just drove me crazy bored and I turned the game off and never tried the actual game stuff

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Does this mean I'm into steampunk now?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I also like batman games. I like games that let me sneak around and stab or choke people in fun an interesting ways.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

InterFaced posted:

I also like batman games. I like games that let me sneak around and stab or choke people in fun an interesting ways.

i'd kill for a metal gear gotham game.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

concerned mom posted:

Bioshock got some good atmosphere but it didn't matter since Stalker already came out to show people how its done.

In Bioshock a bunch of people run by to set up a scare you can see coming and you are invincible so it doesn't matter anyway. In Stalker horrible monsters can come out of nowhere at any time, in fact a dog with a human face or an invisible bloodsucker is probably behind you right now

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Gi1GZN1SA

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if someone thinks bioshock infinite is a good game you can pretty much write off any and all opinions they have about video games

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
hmm i'm going to say it doom better than half life.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
look at the way the sun washes through the window of this street corner barbershop

*is locked in arena for five minutes to kill waves of boring enemies
*farts into cupped hands, rubs fart all over face

this is art

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

TOILETLORD posted:

hmm i'm going to say it doom better than half life.

well duh

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

fixed that for you

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

whatis posted:

look at the way the sun washes through the window of this street corner barbershop

*is locked in arena for five minutes to kill waves of boring enemies
*farts into cupped hands, rubs fart all over face

this is art

You've never stopped to look at something inconsequential to your everyday life yet unbelievably beautiful at the same time, have you?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
hahahahahahah jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bioshock infinite owns no hard drive space on my computer

• Locked thread