Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
My thick, coiled cable undulates

Glance! down at your feeble "earbuds", and hang your head in shame

Acknowledge the booming bass and shimmering treble being pumped into my ear canal

I cannot hear you......but you know my name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
One kid on a bus got his head cut off because of that.

Serves him right.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
wanna peel the pants off those sexy legs and see that vag

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

My thick, coiled cable undulates

I wanna see if this dude would wear his camelnose pants to work

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I do too, OP, but only in winter. They're nice for keeping your ears warm.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is dudes wearing tights not a beatable offense anymore? Or is this just a big city fag fad?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Is dudes wearing tights not a beatable offense anymore? Or is this just a big city fag fad?

Same as short shorts, you can beat them but if you do that's a hate crime.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Seriously at what point did he consider this to be attractive look to go for? If ever?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
OP this could be considered dorky or uncool, but gently caress it let your freak flag fly with that good HD sound.

Also, make sure NEVER to actually TALK to someone.

Texting or emailing only. Cheers!

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
As a hipster, I can tell you that the guy in the OP is not a hipster. He's just an unusual breed of dork. Hipsters would not be wearing those pants, shoes, or headphones.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
For real though, don't wear headphones while sleeping on a bus

:nms:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ticle-1.1083031

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i'm the guy not pictured in the OP who goes to a cocktail bar with full sized headphones

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ear buds either hurt like gently caress or fall out super easily for my ears, so I like headphones

I like to wear big rear end headphones though that totally cover my ear instead of resting on top because the latter hurts my piercings after a bit

that said the only times I need headphones in public is when I'm doing 20 hour trips through various airports and train stations, I don't wear them to the grocery store lol

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Moridin920 posted:

I like to wear big rear end headphones though that totally cover my ear instead of resting on top because the latter hurts my piercings after a bit

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I just lost my earbuds today so big rear end headphones might actually be a good shout for a forgetful prick like me

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 8, 2014

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
none of those are full size op you ignorant shitbtch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
In winter I occasionally wore my 555s around because they were essentially ear muffs, I did not think it was a cool fashion statement though.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

holy gently caress those pants

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Whorelord posted:

I just lost my earbuds today so big rear end headphones might actually be a good shout for a forgetful rick like me
Also occasionally this because when you're a grad student spending 10 hours a day in lab looking a bit goofy seems like a pretty reasonable trade for having music.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Moridin920 posted:

ear buds either hurt like gently caress or fall out super easily for my ears, so I like headphones
This.

I also like headphones because they keep my ears warm when it's cold and they make most people avoid me.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the world is a big interesting place op. maybe put down your facespaces and mypods long enough to be part of it.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I either wear them or have them around my neck if I'm not feeling like listening to music. When I have them around my ears I get a lot of teenage girls complimenting me on them. Seriously it's happened like three times in the past three weeks and it's always been underage girls.

It's kind of creepy and makes me wonder if I picked a bad choice of headphones.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Shure makes some pretty drat good earbuds. Just wear those and not look like an idiot in public.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

ArbitraryC posted:

In winter I occasionally wore my 555s around because they were essentially ear muffs, I did not think it was a cool fashion statement though.

that means you are better than other people if you dont think you are cool

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I get weirdly anxious if I can't hear what's going on around me in public and I'm pretty laid back as it gets otherwise so its weird

its kind of like the feeling when I'm too high off the ground

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Shure makes some pretty drat good earbuds. Just wear those and not look like an idiot in public.

they just don't fit right dude it has nothing to do with the earbud and everything to do with the shape of my ear canal

the little rubber thing that is supposed to provide the 'noise canceling' feature means it slowly but surely slips out of my ear and falls over the course of 10 minutes. or I can jam it the gently caress in there which is probably not good and ends up meaning one earbud sounds louder than the other. or I can take the rubber bit off and then they'll stay in place (probably) but the hard plastic edges hurt in my ear.

also I don't enjoy paying <$50 for a pair of earbuds with a super thin cable that will cause either the sound to stop playing in both earbuds or just snap because some fool is loving with it. poo poo is just annoying and flimsy.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 8, 2014

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

BKPR posted:

the world is a big interesting place op. maybe put down your facespaces and mypods long enough to be part of it.

Nah it mostly sucks. C.f. the idiots posted in the OP.

milk man
Jun 5, 2012

Trigger warning: Hate speech
pfffhaha look at fag man clothes. he think he woman?? (also, stupid big head phone)

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
You will never be a unique and special snowflake no mater how hard you try

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
what if i'm a 14 year old korean kid.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Honestly this is a really dumb thing to get angry about people.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

Those are open ear phones you dumb gay baby. They let air and sound pass freely through the cup.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

notZaar posted:

Those are open ear phones you dumb gay baby. They let air and sound pass freely through the cup.

I don't get why people love Grados either. They have no bass. I guess if all you listen to is classical and prog rock they're fantastic. The whitest headphones on the planet.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good range of bass is still important for classical music though

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wear big rear end headphones and listen exclusively to Glee cover songs.

Got a problem?

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I wear big rear end headphones and listen exclusively to Glee cover songs.

Got a problem?

No, Mom. I love you.

naem
May 29, 2011

The worst part is those guys all look like they'd be amoung the cool guy crowd if they weren't wearing lady yoga pants etc

milk man
Jun 5, 2012

Trigger warning: Hate speech
someone needs to show these faggots how to be a man tbh, just imo :shrug:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I once saw a dude blowing another dude at a street fair and it wasn't 1/10 as gay as that dude wearing girls yoga pants and carrying a purse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is wrong with good headphones in public???

Should shame those hipster pants instead

• Locked thread