Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Il-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles
(used to be Il-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Current OP version: December 2021
Released: Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban, Battle of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus I, Tank Crew
In Early access: Battle of Normandy, Flying Circus II
In pre-order and development : More planes and tanks.

Official website: https://il2sturmovik.com/
News, Announcements and Developer Diaries, useful if you want to know what's going on: https://il2sturmovik.com/news/
Stormbirds blog, general flight sims blog with lots of insight on Il-2's development: https://stormbirds.blog/

Where do goons play?
IRC: irc.synirc.net #flightsim
Mumble: Airgoons.mumble.cc:31148
Discord: https://discord.gg/FTPTB9M for AirGoons

FEATURES
Current plane list

Battle of Stalingrad package
LaGG-3 series 29
Bf 109 F-4
Yak-1 (series 69)
Bf 109 G-2
IL-2 AM-38IL-2 AM-38 (1942 year's model, single-seat)
Ju 87 D-3
He 111 H-6
Pe-2 (series 87)

Battle of Moscow
I-16 series 24
Bf 109E-7
Bf 109F-2
MiG-3
Il-2 Model 1941
Pe-2 series 35
Bf 110E-2
Ju 88A-4

Battle of Kuban
Bf 109G-4
Bf 110G-2
He 111H-16
Fw 190A-5
Il-2 1943
Yak-7b series 36
P-39L-1
A-20B

Battle of Bodenplatte
P-47D
P-51D
Spitfire Mk. IX
Tempest Mk. V
Bf 109G-14
Bf 109K-4
Fw 190A-8
Me 262

Battle of Normandy pre-order
P-51B/C
P-47D “Razorback”
Typhoon Mk.Ib
Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI
Bf 109 G-6 “Late”
Fw 190 A-6
Ju 88 C-6a
Me 410

Collector planes
These are additional planes you can buy either as a part of a premium packages or as standalone content.
Fw 190A-3
La-5 series 8
P-40E-1
Mc. 202 series VIII
Yak-1b series 127
Ju 52/3m
Hs 129B-2
Spitfire Mk. Vb
Bf 109G-6
La-5FN
P-38J-25
Fw 190D-9
U-2VS
Hurricane Mk. II
Yak-9T series 1
Yak-9 series 1
IAR-80/81 (pre-order)
C-47A (pre-order)
Arado Ar.234 (in dev)
Spitfire Mk. XIV (in dev)

Flying Circus
Effectively a port of some of acclaimed Rise of Flight content, this release refurbishes some of World War 1 deathtraps to Great Battles engine, and will take place around early 1918. Because all of Great Battles shares the same engine, you can fly a Camel against a Me 262 when these are released.
Planes:
Spad 7.C1
Airco DH.4
Sopwith Triplane
Nieuport 28.C1
Breguet 14.B2
Handley Page 0-400
DFW C.V.
Fokker D.VIII
Gotha G.V.
Pfalz D.XII

Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka
… tanks? Although tanks exist in Il-2, they were never a key component of the gameplay. TC models the famous Prokhorovka tank battle, which was part of the Kursk operation in 1943. Still works on same engine so theoretically you can use Tempests to kill Tigers. Or kill Sopwith Camels with Kv-1s. Or something.
T-34-76 STZ
KV-1s
M4A2
SU-122
SU-152
PzKpfw III Ausf.L
PzKpfw IV Ausf.G
PzKpfw V Panther Ausf.D
PzKpfw VI Tiger Ausf.H1
Sd. Kfz. 184 Ferdinand
Premium:
Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38
GAZ-MM + 72K
Churchill Mk. IV (pre-order)
StuG. III ausf. G (pre-order)

Kursk map and additional stuff.

What is Il-2 Sturmovik?
Il-2 Sturmovik series is the award-winning family of flight simulation that started in 2001 with the release of the original Il-2 Sturmovik. Through games both good and bad, we are currently at the IL2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series (formerly known as Il-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad), developed by 777 studios. The games are about 85 percent spergy. They are not completely gruel study sims, but still up there. The cockpit in GB is not clickable, but many systems are still modelled to the detail and taking off and landing itself are things that one needs to practice to be able to do smoothly. Spotting targets is hard but so is lining them up after you spot them.

What hardware do I need?
At least a joystick is a must. A TrackIR or other head tracking, such as Delanclip or smartphone virtual mouse, is strongly recommended due to the visual nature of WW2 dogfights. You are looking around you constantly.
For starters, a Logitech 3D Pro or a Thrustmaster T16000 (or the FCS HOTAS) are good choices. For a beginner, a stick with a twist handle is good.

It’s a game from 2014, so it does not require that much oomph from your computer. Menu optimization sucks, so don’t panic.

How to enjoy the game the most?
You need a joystick with a twist handle and some way to change snap views. See above. After that it depends on your commitment. Do not invest too much when just starting. Invest if you seem to play for hundreds of hours.
Pedals and throttle are useful, but not necessary. Headtracking or VR is used by more serious simmers and considered a must if you plan to play seriously. Eventually a HOTAS setup will end up at your list too.
This stuff is basic air sim equipment, and if you play a lot of sims you’ll eventually end up with most of this stuff. If you have way too much money to spend, you buy some custom pedals and a Warthog HOTAS and construct some simpit lair in your basement.
After you have the joystick and the game, it’s time to fly. Learn to take off and land first. Learn some simple plane well enough and practice in quick missions. Be patient and take your time learning some very basic manouvers. Do this in quick missions, and then move on to campaigns or multiplayer.
If you decide to go multiplayer, you will be facing a high number of extremely skilled players. These people will give no quarter and a fair fight is a joke to them. Eventually, you will be one of them. And because there’s so many people with so many years of sim experience, there is no shame in dying. It’s fun!
So join popular Discords and talk to people! Fly with other people and die in a fire!

FAQ

What’s the difference between Il-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Stalingrad, and Il-2 Sturmovik: Great battles
The game is basically Il-2 Great Battles, because 1C realized the name system sucked. Previously it was Il-2S:BoS, which had a DLC called BoS. Many people still call the entire game BoS.
The DLCs are just unlocks. This means that all engine and core gameplay upgrades will be retroactively implemented to all campaigns.
You can always fight against all planes. You can only fly in planes you own. In Solo, you can only play on maps you own, but in Multi, you can join any map.
Say, you only own Battle of Moscow. You can only play solo content on Moscow map, but can set up a skirmish against Battle of Kuban planes (still on Moscow map). You can join a multiplayer server taking place on Kuban map, and fly Battle of Moscow planes available on that mission.

Which Battle of X must I buy?
They are all content packages for the core game, and all updates apply to all Battle of Xs you have. What differs are your solo play map selection and planes you can fly.
Choice of content is a personal preference. Best way is just to look at the plane lists and figure out what interests you the most.
It could be argued that Battle of Stalingrad has the best basic selection for multiplayer (two Bf 109s, a Stuka, a Yak-1, a Pe-2 and an Il-2), which makes it pretty solid. For Western Allied fans, Battle of Bodenplatte feels like a no-brainer.
Basically, find something you like and start from there.

Should I buy collector planes?
Your choice. Collector planes do no usually affect game balance, and are interesting additions. These are not pay-to-win planes, and the only reason you should be picking these up is because you are interested in them. You’ll do fine without. I would maybe go for P-38 and U-2 just for curiosity, but like, they’re polygon planes. Do whatever you like! But FFS, use sales.

Can I play BoM/BoK/BoBP/BoN/TC/FC without BoS?
In Steam? YES. You need BoS package because the rest count as DLCs for BoS.
From webstore? Apparently not – buy whatever!

Should I buy through Steam or webstore?
I would recommend webstore, because it’s generally quite easy and they have better sales.

Can I combine Steam and webstore content?
It’s all account-sided so long story short: yes, it combines them automatically. Some minor exceptions exist (no reverse key change, aka. standalone->Steam->standalone doesn't appear to be possible). IDK.

All unlocks work through your il2sturmovik.com account. This means that you can add webstore Battle of Moscow + DLC planes into your Steam Battle of Stalingrad, and there are no real needs for key transfers.

Is the game super expensive?
Yes and no. If you want everything, like literally everything, and money is no limitation then you’ll be setting yourself back a nice total of something stupid like almost 800 dollars. This is steep.

To get started and open ground for multiplayer too you only need Battle of Stalingrad's standard version, which can be bought for ~12 € during sales. I’d suggest starting from that. The game has 4-5 sales per year – use them, and you can get all content for much lower price. Currently older packs run at like 10-15 dollars a piece and many older stuff if frequently at -75% or -66 % discount. Use these wisely and sparingly.

VR support?
Yes. Works well. Runs smooth.

I want to play multiplayer. How borked am I if I only own BoS/BoM/whatever?
Generally not at all, because you can fly in all maps even if you cannot use them personally (the maps are unlocked in MP setting). The plane selection is up to server, though, so if the side you chose has only Yak 1s left and you don’t own BoS you’re outta luck. The big divide is whether server admins have decided to add at least some cross compability between Battle of Bodenplatte/Normandy and Eastern Front scenarios. I do not have any numbers, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

How is single player content?
Mixed. There are custom campaigns which are nice, and overall campaign generation has been enhanced significantly during the last years.

http://combatace.com/gallery/?module=images%A7ion=img_ctrl&img=29323&file=medium

How is multiplayer content?
Good - most consider this to be the best and most active WW2 flight sim game currently available. As of November 2017 there are several active servers. Some are dynamic wars, some are one-off target goals. Most of the popular servers are in expert mode, meaning you have to know stuff such as RPM, radiator control and stalls. The servers are often full at Eastern Europe evenings.

Future of the game? Will this be supported at all?
It seems like it. This is a 7 year old game, for which new content is still frequently created.

The next full released installment should be Battle of Normandy in

The original intention of the company was to do Battle of Midway after Battle of Kuban. However, the Pacific content was postponed “for now” because it was too tall an order. Instead, 777 decided to port RoF planes to GB, steal some War Thunder players by refining GB’s tank content, and also shoot Dynamic Combat Simulator’s World War 2 project in the head by basically doing a 1944-1945 European Air War package. Currently there are a lot of question marks regarding the actual release dates. If you are confused, fear not, everyone else is too. Follow Developer Diaries if you are more interested in upcoming content.

Gameplay stuff
I spin right round when taxiing!
You need to use tailwheel locking (if available), brakes and potentially toe brakes as well. Binding a joystick button for brake is recommended. Taxiing is often difficult, so don’t give up! Don’t slam the throttle, use caution, and apply rudder and brakes carefully. Some planes, like Bf 109s, want to kill you on takeoff, while other planes, such as Pe-2s, are very docile. Me 262 will just flat out burst in flames if you’re just doing something random.

Learn these in solo, not in crowded multiplayer servers. Trust me, you will have more than enough chances to gently caress up in front of other players.

I don’t know how to use my plane.

First, check out the most amazing guide in Air Goons wiki. It will make you an ace in no time with simple pictures and text.
https://www.airgoons.com/w/IL-2_Beginner_Guide
No one does! But if you want to pretend you know what you’re doing, watch these [url] https://www.youtube.com/c/theaircombattutoriallibrary[/url].

Good things:
- speed
- altitude
- being speedier or altitudier than your enemy
- friends
- situational awareness
- outnumbering the enemy with friends
Bad things:
- being outnumbered by enemies
- being low or being slow
- being lower or slower than an enemy
- having an enemy at your six
- focusing on enemy in front of you because someone is probably diving on you right then

How do I know how much ammo I have?
In German planes you look at the ammo counters. In all others you just keep track manually. The best way to know that you’re out of ammo is to notice you’re in a position where you really, really need the ammo. That means you’re out of it. So don’t get into that sort of position!

The cockpit gauges and controls aaaaaaa help
Check this topic and links. Way too much to include in here. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topi...ce-cards/page-4. And go to Air Combat Library’s Youtube page.

I die all the time!
This is normal. Don’t stress about it. There’s a reason actual pilots practiced for tens or hundreds of hours with other people before they were shipped off to die for capitalist lies (and this is still not that many hours compared to flight sim nerds).
You know how to get out of a spin? You know how to measure hostile’s energy state? You know when your gut tells you to GTFO? You know when you see three dots above you and they are getting bigger and bigger and they look very unfriendly and you start to think that maybe, just maybe, you should avoid this situation in the future?
The best way to learn is to get in there, do all mistakes, and then patiently think what you may have done wrong. The only quick solution in this is that you should always be higher, faster or both higher and faster than your enemy, and you should assume there’s an enemy who is higher and faster just about to dive on you. Keep your head on a swivel, keep your speed and altitude up, stick to friendlies, shoot only when you see the whites in their eyes, and don’t blow your drat engine. If someone is on your six, you have hosed up. And finally: hop on some discord to play with others – many sim nerds are quite friendly and forgiving and willing to tell you more than you ever needed to know.

Relation to other flight sims and some related WW2 sim content.
If you know one flight sim, you're well on your way to know the rest of them - at least prop ones. The flight sim community is quite small and many players play all the games. Refer to general flight sim megathread for more information.

I have only played old Il-2 1946. Should I get this? Is this a direct sequel to that or Cliffs of Dover?
Old Il-2 1946 has a great selection of planes, but it is practically out of support and kept alive by active modders. The GB series is more focused, with less planes. GB flight models are excellent, it captures "the sense of flight" very well, graphics are up to modern snuff, and there's much more emphasis on multiplayer. Compared to old Il-2 1946, GB is definitely more refined with better graphics, UI and flight models, as well as an active development and good multiplayer activity. Il-2 1946 beats GB in campaign availability and number of planes and theaters, but that's about it.

Cliffs of Dover is currently supported and owned by 1C studios. Team Fusion mod team will be responsible for further development (Africa theater) with official support from 1C Studios. The two games are available from il2 webstore but I know very little about this. Cliffs of Dover is a bit more hardcore sim than GB, but they support each other well and focus on different things. CloD is still in active development and following a parallel path to GB. This means you’re probably not getting CloD planes and theaters in GB any time soon, if ever.

Word of warning: Getting the Clod to run can be a pain in the rear end.

How about Rise of Flight?
1C Studios owns Rise of Flight. RoF is basically dead, because 1C decided to publish a RoF port to GB series. The package is currently known as Flying Circus. The package includes refurbished RoF planes and a new map on GB engine (that means VR support too).

DCS and War Thunder? How far off are they from GB?
DCS is great in simulating air planes. However, it is much more a hardcore study sim than GB, which focuses on combat. The writer of this part holds the opinion that the two are not interchangeable, and GB offers a better, lower entry WW2 experience, while DCS is superior when you really wanna learn to fly some particular plane. I have no idea how DCS WW2 multiplayer is doing. Refer to DCS thread.
War Thunder's simulator mode is often derided among simmers, but GB is closer to War Thunder than DCS in gameplay philosophy, while still having a solid flight model and that lovely spergy aspect of "forget to open oil radiators and die". If you enjoy War Thunder's sim battles, jumping to GB is easy and well worth it. Many of the previously active War Thunder simulator battle Youtubers are nowadays frequent sight on GB MP servers. If you like Il-2 1946 or GB, there’s no reason to test some of the weirder stuff in at least somewhat active multiplayer environment.
War Thunder has its own thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821747 If you haven't tried War Thunder, but are a flight sim nerd, you don’t lose out that much. Game is free, and can be extremely grindy, but that's disregarded with the fact that that the game is sorta fun at every level. The sim battles have been in a bad spot for years, though.

I'd also use this shameless copypaste from the 1946 thread to show the amount of skill goons expect from each other.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Reserved stuff yo.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
The campaign actually came out today

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Skwee posted:

The campaign actually came out today

Oh goddamnit lol. I guess I have to fill in on that.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Is this game on sale yet?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
How is the campaign? I haven't taken the time to uninstall and reinstall to get it.

Apparently Jason from 777 left the SimHQ forums FOREVER because people were so mad about unlocks in the campaign or something.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
This is already the best airplane game around right now if you want to actually use a joystick. Rise of Flight engine with WWII planes :getin:

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

pixelbaron posted:

How is the campaign? I haven't taken the time to uninstall and reinstall to get it.

Apparently Jason from 777 left the SimHQ forums FOREVER because people were so mad about unlocks in the campaign or something.

I never uninstalled, but its available for me to play. I was going to check it out tonight.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

concise posted:

I never uninstalled, but its available for me to play. I was going to check it out tonight.

They said you have to uninstall the game and reinstall if you purchased outside of Steam.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I wonder what is the rationale for that.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
Think they mentioned something about a updated/different installer or patcher or something.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Oh ok, my copy is just through Steam.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

pixelbaron posted:

The first mission has you flying between waypoints to ease you into the wild world of flight, then it takes you through some air intercepts and ground attacks before throwing you on a campaign map where you can freely move between the sides. Completing missions unlocks weapons, and I believe that experience points unlock the skins.

'short' missions have you start and finish in the air, but I'm a sucker for the full experience at the moment; not that I haven't crash-landed almost every time.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
This Youtube channel should be a good resource for this thread.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
So is this game actually worth it or is it a complete shitshow like IL2: Battle of Britain?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Well that depends on if you like flying with a really genuinely good flight model or only care about a game being 100% finished and stacking pixel points on some scoreboard.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Played a ridiculous amount of 1946 and then got burned badly by Cliffs of Dover or whatever. I just so badly want this to be good.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Execu-speak posted:

So is this game actually worth it or is it a complete shitshow like IL2: Battle of Britain?

Cliffs of Dover? No, it's not that bad. The interface feels fairly clunky, but that's not what you're interested in here. The flight models seem to be pretty good and the planes feel like they have inertia, but you get visual cues for enemies (small red box for the rough location of ground items, little triangle for air) and the screen can have the HUD elements that you'd otherwise be forced to use the gauges for.

Worth pointing out that this is a completely different team than CloD, and they appear to have worried more about the planes than the accuracy of the landscape. I can say that strafing the ground is absolutely awesome, and I *feel* like I'm firing cannons.

Popete posted:

Played a ridiculous amount of 1946 and then got burned badly by Cliffs of Dover or whatever. I just so badly want this to be good.

it's good, but you have like eight planes in total across Russia and Germany, so don't expect the blizzard of planes that 1946 gave you. I have strong suspicions that 777 will whip out premium planes at some point, but generally the simming portions deliver an extremely pretty and great feeling experience. CloD feels like an absolute piece of trash compared with this.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
I still haven't figured this out: Will the Fw 190 and La-5 be available later for normal customers, or are they Premium Preorder exclusive or maybe future DLC content? The business models of these newer flight sims are worrying. Il-2 1946 spoilt me. I'd love to fly them both, but 50 bucks for two planes..?

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?

El Perkele posted:

I still haven't figured this out: Will the Fw 190 and La-5 be available later for normal customers, or are they Premium Preorder exclusive or maybe future DLC content? The business models of these newer flight sims are worrying. Il-2 1946 spoilt me. I'd love to fly them both, but 50 bucks for two planes..?

The steam version has them as separate downloadable DLC so if you go that route I think you will be covered. Plus the price for the DLC is the exact same as the difference between the two packages.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Seeing as the 1946 group is mostly going to be playing BoS I'm going to put the old one on ice and post events here.

Odds are it'll be mostly BoS but if it proves to lack enough content out of the box to hold interest for long sessions I'll be keeping 1946 as a fallback.

Steam group is IL-2 Goons. I can't post a link right now but I'll edit it in.

I'll be back home in a few weeks and will be hosting again, mostly on Sundays like last year.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

:frogsiren:
Let's fly Bos tonight at 10PM EST. Gather at air goons mumble that is in the OP.

I so wish that they could merge Steam keys. It pisses me off and makes me very hostile to supporting them again.

Besides that.:catdrugs:

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 9, 2014

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

Let's fly Bos tonight at 10PM EST. Gather at air goons mumble that is in the OP. :catdrugs:

I so wish that they could merge Steam keys. It pisses me off and makes me very hostile to supporting them again.

Besides that.

:lol: meanwhile you're still okay with using a whole different mumble for one videogame once in a blue moon.

I'll probably be on tonight. Still no TrackIR though until what will likely be December.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It's blood moon now.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Thief posted:

:lol: meanwhile you're still okay with using a whole different mumble for one videogame once in a blue moon.

I'll probably be on tonight. Still no TrackIR though until what will likely be December.

lol its 5 seconds to put in a mumble address what is wrong with you

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Cletus Van Damme posted:

The steam version has them as separate downloadable DLC so if you go that route I think you will be covered. Plus the price for the DLC is the exact same as the difference between the two packages.

Thank you. So I think I'll be waiting for DLCs to be in sale (I bet additional planes will be available as DLC packs or single downloads. Burning through savings!)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

We're old school and use IRC for general goofing around, not mumble. That's because we're old and have jobs and wives and can't be signed in to voice chat all day. That mumble gets used a lot when people are actually I playing games.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

OhsH posted:

lol its 5 seconds to put in a mumble address what is wrong with you

:thesperg:

It's 5 seconds to get the non-Steam version of the game into your Steam library:

We've already encountered the worst it gets with not having the game directly on your Steam account in that a handful of us had to spend two whole mouse clicks to reinstall so that we could play the campaign.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
the airgoons mumble is chill and cool whoever set that place up is prob really handsome

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

Let's fly Bos tonight at 10PM EST. Gather at air goons mumble that is in the OP. :catdrugs:

Starting right about now.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Being a gunner is terrifying in He111. Gimbal limits and cramped views make it horrifying.
Fun times were had.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixelbaron posted:

the airgoons mumble is chill and cool whoever set that place up is prob really handsome

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Being a gunner is terrifying in He111. Gimbal limits and cramped views make it horrifying.
Fun times were had.

RIP partybus.

Edit: At least I managed to bomb that guy on the runway as our wing snapped off.

Artless Meat fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 9, 2014

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

Fun times were had.

Could this signal the return of Broadsides?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Definitely. Two HE111s could easily do this. It might take forever, though.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Dp lol

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I'm sad I missed a goon He111 crew. When's the next session?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So Simhq's autisming all over the SP portion of the game. Any thoughts from you, Goons? It looks really weird from the previews, not sure if its set missions or dynamically generated.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 9, 2014

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

So Simhq's autisming all over the SP portion of the game. Any thoughts from you, Goons? It looks really weird from the previews, not sure if its set missions or dynamically generated.

Definitely set missions for the first couple of chapters. The first four missions are effectively a tutorial, but I can see some latitude for a dynamic campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

God drat this game is pretty.

Also my first kill in the game tutorial, it may have taken me several goes to do it though. Being a Rise of Flight veteran I'm really not used to the speed and ammunition limits of these planes. There's not even an opportunity to verbally insult the other pilot's mother as you fly past :v: