Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pram posted:

imagine meeting rotor w/ his boots, cargo shorts, ancient + tiny palm phone. rly cool
i have met rotor irl and been in the presence of his palm pre, it was p cool

rotor is a cool dude. all good yosposters should make a pilgrimage to san francisco once in their lives and buy rotor a beer

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Nice!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FMguru posted:

i have met rotor irl and been in the presence of his palm pre, it was p cool

rotor is a cool dude. all good yosposters should make a pilgrimage to san francisco once in their lives and buy rotor a veer

pram
Jun 10, 2001
he clearly already has one

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
new pre 3 report:

-got it up & running with minimal cj bullshit
-navigation makes sense after a half-hour of pawing.
-can tell a lot of love went into the os up until the team got sacked. feels like a nicely-built mausoleum
-lol am i really relearning the physical keyboard in 2014?
-better than a 3gs!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't know how old rotor's kids are but like 80% of the parents of the kids on the robotics team strike me as rotors of one form or another so it's quite possible that i've already met him and we don't know

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Cloud services support for webOS devices will be ending on January 15, 2015. We appreciate our customer's loyalty the webOS platform. But now, more than three (3) years after the last device was sold, only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting. Therefore, the time has come to shut down the services.

All devices running webOS devices will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:
• Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
• Backup or restore devices from the cloud
• Setup new devices
• Recover lost passwords

What this means to you:
• The HP App Catalog will stop supporting new app purchases on November 1, 2014
• Updates may be posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
• You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on January 15, 2015
You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of January 15, 2015

THE END IS NIGH!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i don't know how old rotor's kids are but like 80% of the parents of the kids on the robotics team strike me as rotors of one form or another so it's quite possible that i've already met him and we don't know

do they have huge boots and a palm

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of January 15, 2015

glorious

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
:rip:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

infernal machines posted:

Cloud services support for webOS devices will be ending on January 15, 2015. We appreciate our customer's loyalty the webOS platform. But now, more than three (3) years after the last device was sold, only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting. Therefore, the time has come to shut down the services.

All devices running webOS devices will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:
• Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
• Backup or restore devices from the cloud
• Setup new devices
• Recover lost passwords

What this means to you:
• The HP App Catalog will stop supporting new app purchases on November 1, 2014
• Updates may be posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
• You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on January 15, 2015

THE END IS NIGH!

lol i didnt think palm devices could get shittier

guess I was wrong

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

i always read "tipshat" as "tip shat" isntead of "tips hat"

FREAKIN SAME OP

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

quote:

• You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of January 15, 2015

i was able to do all that stuff without touching an HP server though :confused:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Phoning It In posted:

i was able to do all that stuff without touching an HP server though :confused:

not according to them you weren't. i'm pretty sure the first-run has to talk to an HP server to complete, so you can't do anything that triggers the first-run wizard.

if it weren't for those android fucks taking over homebrew dev for the touchpad you'd probably have someone make a bypass hack or spoofed server inside a week of it going down.

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
oh well if you legit activate the phone it needs a server but i just put it in dev mode and linuxed my way out of whatever limitations

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
veer, deer, sneer, jeer, leer, peer, ... ?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
HP just sent me an email telling me that the app catalog and online services are being discontinued

thanks jerks for ruining everthing in the world

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
crazy that this won't work but I could take my 755p out of its shadowbox on the wall and use it and download all the PRCs I want.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
webOS was pretty good

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

PALM????? MORE LIKE... PLUM!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

duTrieux. posted:

maybe something pointing out the irony of the anti-french sentiment in the us when we owe our existence to them?

this is one of my favourite historical what-the-gently caress's

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

seems p straightforward tbh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

this is one of my favourite historical what-the-gently caress's
the french revolution was literally brought about because they couldnt afford to make payments on all the debt they ran up supporting american independence lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Hed posted:

crazy that this won't work but I could take my 755p out of its shadowbox on the wall and use it and download all the PRCs I want.

you wouldn't download a people's republic of china

• Locked thread