Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
1 point PPR league, need to decide on my last WR slot between:
Michael Crabtree (@Stl)
Kelvin Benjamin (@Cin)
Mohamed Sanu (Car)

As much as Benjamin has been high rated, I don't really trust the Panthers to move the ball well against Cincinnati. Crabtree hasn't been great lately either, so I'm thinking of going with Sanu--am I outsmarting myself here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yahoo 10 teams, 0.2 PPR, points for return yards. Need 2 WR, 2 RB, and a flex

WR
DeMaryius Thomas @ NYJ
Randall Cobb @ Miami
TY Hilton @ Houston (Thursday)
Mike Wallace vs GB
Wes Welker @ NYJ

RB
DeMarco Murray @ Seattle (hate the matchup obviously, but he's a must start)
Lamar Miller vs GB (really not happy that Moreno looks like he'll play. This scares me.)
CJ Spiller vs NE
Matt Asiata vs Detroit

Bold is what I'm currently thinking. Don't really like benching Wallace but Hilton is getting a ton of targets. I have no idea what to expect from Lamar Miller now that Moreno is back. No idea what to expect from Spiller ever though...

Can someone weigh in on mine please? :)

Got a Thursday night Hilton decision to make.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
Flex Play:

ODBJ @ PHI
BOLDIN @ STL
MCFADDEN VS SD
BUSH @ MIN

So far this year its been Bush but with Bell coming back and injuries I doubt many touches are happening this weekend. McFadden interests me simply because I think the Raiders will over-perform (still lose) in a divisional game coming off a bye.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Can someone weigh in on mine please? :)

Got a Thursday night Hilton decision to make.

I think your wr pick depends on what sort of opponent you're facing. Hilton has the matchup and has been really consistent, but Cobb has way bigger upside. Cobb has caught a ton of red zone hits for TDs, despite not having the biggest yardage week to week. Overall, I think Cobb is the better fantasy play, but I worry about a letdown game on the road for GB.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I think your wr pick depends on what sort of opponent you're facing. Hilton has the matchup and has been really consistent, but Cobb has way bigger upside. Cobb has caught a ton of red zone hits for TDs, despite not having the biggest yardage week to week. Overall, I think Cobb is the better fantasy play, but I worry about a letdown game on the road for GB.

I'm likely starting both. Hilton would be swapped out for Wallace, if anything.

Any thoughts on Miller vs. Spiller? Not gonna even bother with Asiata vs. Detroit.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Jackson, and Smith (who is playing TB not CLE, a much more appealing matchup). Full PPR should mean he has at least an okay day. For TE, Cameron is the safer option, Bennett if you need a home run.

I think you actually go Boldin, since Crabtree and Davis are both out.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Yahoo standard, 0ppr pick a RB and flex:
J.Hill v Car
FJax v NE

Decker v Den
Hillman @ Jets
OBJ @ Phi

Currently going FJax and J.Hill based purely on matchups and I think Hill will get more touches than last week. Think I want to wait another week before seeing how OBJ and Hillman will perform.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Last week, starting Jeremy Hill over Morris won me my matchup. Given the opportunity he has with AJ probably out, I want to start him again. Who would you start him over? (.5 PPR)

Morris v. ARI - another bad matchup for Morris. I like this better than against Seattle, but not by much.

Hunter v. JAX - risky play with a high-ceiling. QB situation sucks, but Hunter came alive last week and plays one of the worst secondaries in the league.

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Any thoughts on Miller vs. Spiller? Not gonna even bother with Asiata vs. Detroit.

I'd personally go for Miller, he should get a decent number of carries even with Moreno back 100%, which he probably won't be.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
RB: Foster, Gore, SJax
WR: A. Brown, Wallace v GB, Quick v SF, ODB @PHI, Decker, M. Jones

DST: Chargers @OAK, 49ers @STL

Fairly confident starting Quick (in my flex, rb/wr) this week but though I should check. I have two of my studs playing TNF this week (Luck and Foster) :derp:

DST I feel like Chargers are the better option but STL is apparently a fountain of DST points?

Cervixalot posted:

Last week, starting Jeremy Hill over Morris won me my matchup. Given the opportunity he has with AJ probably out, I want to start him again. Who would you start him over? (.5 PPR)

Morris v. ARI - another bad matchup for Morris. I like this better than against Seattle, but not by much.

Hunter v. JAX - risky play with a high-ceiling. QB situation sucks, but Hunter came alive last week and plays one of the worst secondaries in the league.

Thoughts?

Depends on if you think you need the boom/bust to win this week but other than against Seattle Morris has been fairly consistent. I think I would start him over Hill but start Hill over Hunter if only because I see Hill being more reliable than Hunter (especially with AJ out)

Moon LLC fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 9, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

GamingHyena posted:

ESPN standard 6 man league

This week is a must win. Anyone have any advice/critiques on my lineup? I'm obviously betting heavily that the Chargers skunk the Raiders.

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Branden Oliver
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Brian Quick
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Chris Ivory
D/ST: Chargers
K: Nick Novak

Bench:
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Matt Asiata
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Calvin Johnson
TE: Larry Donnell

It helps to post the opposing team and whether home/away. I don't know why you would bench fantasy's #8 receiver (give/take) in Cobb for Harvin. Even if Harvin had caught two of those TDs (he wouldn't have gotten all three of them, two of them were on the same drive, people realize that right), his offense is run-based, not like Cobb's.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd personally go for Miller, he should get a decent number of carries even with Moreno back 100%, which he probably won't be.

Thanks. I keep going back and forth on this.

timmmmaaaah posted:

Fairly confident starting Quick (in my flex, rb/wr) this week but though I should check. I have two of my studs playing TNF this week (Luck and Foster) :derp:

DST I feel like Chargers are the better option but STL is apparently a fountain of DST points?

This looks right to me.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Who should I start:

Kendall Wright home vs Jacksonville (Jacksonville has a horrible secondary)

Mohamed Sanu home vs Carolina (AJ Green is probably out, Carolina has an almost equally bad secondary)

I'm leaning towards Sanu as Wright's QB situation is shaky but if Green is out then Sanu will get a lot of attention, especially if Marvin Jones is also out.

Also which 2 RBs out of: Knowshon Moreno (Green Bay), Joique Bell (Minnesota), Jeremy Hill (Carolina), and Ronnie Hillman (Jets).

Sanu is WR2-money.

Yikes on your RBs.

timmmmaaaah posted:

Your lineup is fine. There aren't any real coin-flippers here. Start SD with confidence.

Cervixalot posted:

Thoughts?

The Hunter situation is a bit too murky for my taste. He's still a WR3. Go JHill with confidence. He has been a fine flex play all season.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think Asiata will be a reasonable RB2 this week, at least a flex play. When Bridgewater was active, he moved the offense into the redzone enough times to make Asiata volume-productive.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Pick a flex, .5 ppr:

Stacy vs SF
James Jones vs SD
Snowshoes Moreno vs GB
JHill vs CAR
Storm Johnson @ TEN
Sammy Watkins vs Revis

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

ESPN standard scoring, pick 2:

Kendall Wright vJAC
TY Hilton @HOU
Anquan Boldin @STL

Upsides and downsides to all of them in my mind. Wright's against the Jags, but who's throwing to him. 49ers have no Davis or Crabtree this week, but Boldin hasn't had a TD grab all year. TY is likely the safest play, but I feel like the other two are more likely to get a touchdown. Leaning Wright and Hilton at the moment.

Who do I gamble on here?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I think Asiata will be a reasonable RB2 this week, at least a flex play. When Bridgewater was active, he moved the offense into the redzone enough times to make Asiata volume-productive.

Yeah? Gonna flex a WR since I've got DT/Cobb/Hilton, but you'd play Asiata vs Det over Lamar Miller vs GB?

I feel better about Moreno getting eased back and Miller having a solid day than I do about Asiata against Detroit.

For yours I think I'd go JHill.

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
I need to pick 3 for a PPR.

Ahmad Bradshaw @HOU
Victor Cruz @PHI
T.Y. Hilton @HOU
Wes Welker @NYJ

I'm leaning toward sitting Bradshaw but I'm not really sure why. He's been somewhat TD-reliant but has found the endzone most games this year. Hilton hasn't scored yet but I think he's due for a big game. I'm just not sure it's this week with a Thursday game. I think Welker will be involved in a big offensive day for the Broncos. I have no idea what to expect from Cruz but he's playing the poor Eagles D this week.

Any input would be appreciated.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah? Gonna flex a WR since I've got DT/Cobb/Hilton, but you'd play Asiata vs Det over Lamar Miller vs GB?

I feel better about Moreno getting eased back and Miller having a solid day than I do about Asiata against Detroit.

For yours I think I'd go JHill.

I didn't say that much (Asiata over Miller), I'm just saying that generally Asiata's perception this week is diminished by last week's games where Ponder was in for Bridgewater, and as a result MIN could not move the ball enough to make Asiata productive. Yes, DET is fielding a great defense, but Bridgewater is a wildcard for them and DET is playing away.

Miller is a fine RB2/flex in your situation.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

canti32 posted:

NFL.com Standard scoring

RBs
Andre Ellington vs. WAS
Brandon Oliver vs. OAK
Rashad Jennings vs. PHI
Andre Williams vs. PHI

WRs
Emmanuel Sanders vs. NYJ
Steve Smith vs. TB
Odell Beckham Jr. vs. PHI
Jeremy Maclin vs. NYG

TEs
Larry Donnell vs. PHI
Jordan Cameron vs. PIT

Was think of flexing Williams this week over OBJ and Maclin.

Bumping to new page

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?

Zero_Grade posted:

I think you actually go Boldin, since Crabtree and Davis are both out.

Good catch! How about ODBJ @ PHI or EDELMAN @ Buf? Gronk at full strength undermines a once productive Edelman?

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Would it be crazy to start ODB jr. over Mike Wallace or Andre Johnson?

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
My backs in one league (.5 PPR) with my 2 starts in bold are:

McCoy v. NYG
J. Hill v. CAR
Sankey v. JAC
R. Jennings (out)
Ball (out)

I'm not as excited as some of you about starting Hill and staring me down on the waiver wire are:

Vereen @ BUF (just dropped today, don't know if I want to get invested into the perpetual mindfuck that is the Patriots)
Hillman @ NYJ (I feel like this is the highest ceiling and lowest floor option and am very tempted to gamble on it)
Rainey v. BAL
McKinnon v. DET

Anyone think I should do anything differently?

MarquisDeCarabas fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 9, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

canti32 posted:

I'm pretty confident this week, but just want some reassurance

NFL.com Standard scoring

RBs
Andre Ellington vs. WAS
Brandon Oliver vs. OAK
Rashad Jennings vs. PHI
Andre Williams vs. PHI

WRs
Emmanuel Sanders vs. NYJ
Steve Smith vs. TB
Odell Beckham Jr. vs. PHI
Jeremy Maclin vs. NYG

TEs
Larry Donnell vs. PHI
Jordan Cameron vs. PIT

Was think of flexing Williams this week over OBJ and Maclin.

I'm also curious to hear what others think about Maclin. He seems unbenchable to me, but I could start Ben Tate as flex instead of him (with Alshon Jeffery as my one required WR).

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yahoo scoring, no PPR. Pick 2:

Eddie Lacy @ Mia
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Hou
Alfred Morris @ Ari
Jeremy Hill vs. Car
Branden Oliver @ Oak

Currently leaning Lacy and Bradshaw...Too much RB depth for a league that only lets me start 2. I've got to trade some of these fools away!

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

canti32 posted:

Bumping to new page

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm also curious to hear what others think about Maclin. He seems unbenchable to me, but I could start Ben Tate as flex instead of him (with Alshon Jeffery as my one required WR).

I don't think you bench Maclin for Tate but I would probably go with Williams over Maclin. But it's tough.

timp posted:

Eddie Lacy @ Mia
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Hou
Alfred Morris @ Ari
Jeremy Hill vs. Car
Branden Oliver @ Oak

Currently leaning Lacy and Bradshaw...Too much RB depth for a league that only lets me start 2. I've got to trade some of these fools away!

I think those are the right choices.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

timp posted:

Eddie Lacy @ Mia
Ahmad Bradshaw @ Hou
Alfred Morris @ Ari
Jeremy Hill vs. Car
Branden Oliver @ Oak

I'm riding the Branden Oliver train this week and think you should too :D Lacy and Oliver? E: fwiw, Boris Chen's tabulation of expert rankings has Oliver one tier better than Bradshaw and Morris this week.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 9, 2014

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
1 Pt PPR:

Pick 2 Flex:

Mike Wallace vs GB
Lamar Miller vs GB
Andre Johnson vs Ind
Andre Holmes vs SD

Also, tell me why I shouldn't start Brian Hoyer over Cam Newton.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

thompson posted:

I can't give you what you want. I'm sorry.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I can't give you what you want. I'm sorry.

I was afraid of that. :D

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

thompson posted:

I may be the biggest Cam Newton fan on these entire forums. That being said, I'm benching him in two leagues this week for Tavon Austin and (hopefully) Tony Romo. He just needs some time to recover then he'll be good again.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Need some help picking RB2/flex

Yahoo standard PPR
Andre Williams @ Philly
Lamar Miller vs Green Bay
Roddy White vs Chicago

I'm leaning towards Williams and flexing Miller and leaving out White if Moreno doesn't play

Quoting as a bump since I'm still unsure

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Swarmin Swedes posted:

A few questions

In a .5 PPR league pick a flex

Frank Gore @STL
Michael Crabtree @STL
Reggie Wayne @HOU
Knowshon Moreno vs GB
Marvin Jones vs CAR

I am torn between Gore and Moreno here

In a second league pick 2 WRs
Victor Cruz @ PHI
Mike Wallace vs GB
Justin Hunter vs JAX
Anquan Boldin @ STL

Leaning towards Cruz and Wallace

Pick a flex from those WRs above +
Zach Ertz vs NYG
Joique Bell @ MIN

I am leaning Bell here if he gets cleared and plays

Bumping this for the new page.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Bumping this for the new page.

In a .5 PPR league pick a flex

Frank Gore @STL
Gore is tearing it up, we don't know how Moreno will look post-injury, and St. Louis has been pretty weak on defense this year.

In a second league pick 2 WRs
Victor Cruz @ PHI
Mike Wallace vs GB
I concur unless it is ppr, in which case I would start Boldin over Cruz.

Pick a flex from those WRs above +
Zach Ertz vs NYG
Joique Bell @ MIN
Ertz for my money.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Dale Meets Wall posted:

I'd go with Williams and Miller.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Williams and Roddy imo. Williams will be a great ppr play, and I'll take an Atlanta WR over a Miami RB, especially because Miami will likely be playing catchup and hucking to Wallace.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
12 team 1ppr

I have Romo and no backup, Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill are on the waiver wire.

Should I stick with Romo against Seattle, or pick up one of the waiver wire guys? I'd likely drop Alfred Blue or Greg Jennings to pick up a waiver QB.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

12 team 1ppr

I have Romo and no backup, Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill are on the waiver wire.

Should I stick with Romo against Seattle, or pick up one of the waiver wire guys? I'd likely drop Alfred Blue or Greg Jennings to pick up a waiver QB.

I'm kind of leaning Romo, but I don't know that I'd trust me.

8 team ESPN, standard scoring (except for more heavily punished fumbles, 0ppr. Losing both Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green has created a cascade failure throughout my team. I have an RB and Flex spot I need to fill with two of:

Ahmad Bradshaw (@HOU)
Fred Jackson (NE)
Cordarrelle Patterson (DET)
Greg Olsen (@CIN)

Any advice?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Farchanter posted:

I'm kind of leaning Romo, but I don't know that I'd trust me.

8 team ESPN, standard scoring (except for more heavily punished fumbles, 0ppr. Losing both Calvin Johnson and A.J. Green has created a cascade failure throughout my team. I have an RB and Flex spot I need to fill with two of:

Ahmad Bradshaw (@HOU)
Fred Jackson (NE)
Greg Olsen (@CIN)

Any advice?
Can't go wrong with any of Bradshaw, Jackson, or Olsen. I'd probably play FJax and Bradshaw. Patterson is an "always sit until further notice".

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Standard scoring, no ppr pick 2 wr

Andre Johnson v Ind
Mike Wallace v GB
Golden Tate @ Min

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

yoyodyne posted:

Standard scoring, no ppr pick 2 wr

Andre Johnson v Ind
Mike Wallace v GB
Golden Tate @ Min

Johnson has become a decoy for Hopkins it feels, I think the other two have far more potential.

Farchanter posted:

Ahmad Bradshaw (@HOU)
Fred Jackson (NE)
Greg Olsen (@CIN)
Even without PPR I feel that Olsen has been too good to pass up on when Bradshaw has not been as reliable.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I'm starting Flacco over Romo this week, I'd drop Blue over Jennings but depends on the rest of your roster.

6 Team | -2 int| 4pt Pass TD| 25yd/Pass| 6pt Rec+Rush TD| 10yd/Rush+Rec| 1 PPR [Roster: 2QB, 4WR, 3RB, TE, 2W/R/T, K, 2DEF, 10BN]

Start two of:
Reggie Wayne @ Hou
Pierre Garcon @ Ari
DeAndre Hopkins vs Ind
Victor Cruz @ Phi

Pretty sure I'm benching Cruz as I can't seem to predict when he's going to put up points worth a drat.

Levin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 9, 2014

• Locked thread