Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
man the things ppl will do for validation

late stage capitalism has truly crushed the collective soul of humanity

congrats wells fargo you did it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

seriously just watched like six LA Beast videos, all smash hits, laughing my rear end off at every one

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

I know right. I'd think some of it is fake if I haven't seen so many. He really is just the dumbest, but honest, bro-dude on youtube.

Chocolate Bhutlah

i don't think he's dumb exactly. he always looks horrified during his intro and then during his entire challenge. like "why the gently caress am i doing this again?" he's at least smart enough to know that what he is doing is stupid as hell. that's really what makes it: the range of emotions he shows while simultaneously trying to process (a) what he's consuming (b) what he's doing.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like every extreme eating video linked here (this guy, the original fatman, and other fat dude with the glasses and the pizza rolls) involves the host talking about how they're going to do the _____ challenge which entails eating an excessive amount of ______ quickly. What I want to know is what makes it a challenge? Did some issue it? Are there other competitors? Do they compare times? It seems like they sort of just arbitrarily call stuffing their face a challenge.

other awesome youtube eaters of the same class (world class) issue the challenge either explicitly or implicitly by doing the same or similar in their videos

the world's best echo chamber

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

well for instance LA BEAST has long ago completed the NUTTER BUTTER CHALLENGE that this fat man fails miserably at (blo hoo hoo)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Cream_Filling posted:

it's called being american

somebody give this man a rimjob!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

la beast is the real deal

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

la beast is entertaining because he does his stunts out of strength and self-love, not weakness and self-loathing

this is why he says again and again "why am i doing this? oh god this is awful" instead of acting like he enjoys it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think their social disorders are a little more prominent, and certainly not unrelated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

la beast seems like a very honest man. we'd hear from him if he had a social disorder

la beast has no social disorder but overwhelming awesomeness, it's all these other dudes

• Locked thread