Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

***This is the season 2 thread for LOG HORIZON. Haven’t seen the first season of the MMO anime that is certainly better than SAO? Click here for the Season 1 thread! Season 1 spoilers start below.***

Log Horizon 2 is the second season of the anime adaptation of the novels of the same name by Mamare Touno. Most of the staff, including the director, are continuing on but unfortunately this time round it’s not being animated by Satelight who did the first season but by Studio Deen, known for masterpieces such as Hetaila Axis Powers and Kore wa Zombi Desu ka? Expect a drop in animation quality. Yet we know that’s not what we are here for, anticipate another season of well written political and economic drama set in the world you cannot die.

PREVIOUSLY ON LOG HORIZON
The first episode picks up right where we left off, so you might want to watch the last episode of season 1 to refresh your memory; Plant Hwyaden’s plans to destabilize Akihabara using People of the Land was thwarted by Shiroe. The Plant Hwyaden guild leader Nureha revealed herself to Shiroe and disclosed she knows that he knows a way out of the Matrix Elder Tale. What will Shiroe do and why is he leaving Log Horizon? How can Akihabara even hope to face an entire player city dominated by a single clan, one that also knows reality altering magic? And if they leave the game can they even come back?

CHARACTERS OF ELDER TALE

Akihabara Guilds

=Log Horizon=

Shiroe va Takuma Terashima
Known as “Shiroe the Strategist” or “The Villain in Glasses”, Shiroe is the leader of the Log Horizon guild. Discovered it was possible to alter the rules of Elder Tale. Main Class: Enchanter. Secondary Class: Scribe. Last seen: Shouldering burdens and off on a road griffin trip.

Noatsugu va Tomoaki Maeno
Best friend of Shiroe and an “open pervert”, mainly used as comic relief. Main Class: Guardian. Secondary Class: Border Patrol. Last seen: After sexually harassing Akatsuki one too many times, was finally hauled off to virtual prison.

Akatsuki va Emiri Katō
Reliable short-statured role-playing ninja, who crushes on Shiroe. Main Class: Assassin. Secondary Class: Tracker. Last seen: After puttting up with Noatsugu’s and Henrietta’s poo poo way too long, is in the process of applying for a restraining order on the both of them.

Nyanta va Jōji Nakata
Catman. Half cat half man. Discovered how to make food taste good, you cook it. He is, dare I say it, a furry? Main Class: Swashbuckler. Secondary Class: Chef. Last seen: Where he belongs, slaving away in the kitchen for his human masters.

Tohya
A noob. Only got to join Log Horizon because Shiroe didn’t want to be seen as an elitist with only level 90’s in his guild. Main Class: Samurai. Last seen: Typing on allchat for +1 party member for noob dungeon.

Minori
Another noob. Crushes on Shiroe. Main Class: Shrine Maiden. Secondary Class: Apprentice. Last seen: Getting ahead of Akatsuki. Let me tell you Minori it’s not going to happen sister because you are a LITTLE GIRL.

Izuzu
Yet another noob. Main Class: Bard. Last seen: Treating Rundel like a dog. You better watch out there Izuzu, sooner or later Rundy is going to catch on and you better have +fire resist clothing cause he is going to Burn. poo poo. Up.

Rundelhaus Code
Let me tell you about my man Rundel. To achieve his dream of becoming an Adventurer, for hours, nay countless days, Rundel tirelessly defeated trash mobs with no experience boost and a ‘People of the Land’ xp penalty to bring up his level to the respectable 20’s. All under threat of permanent death. Despite his clear energy and enthusiasm to defeat mobs and dungeons, his teammates treat him like poo poo. ‘Stop running ahead’ they say, ‘stay behind and let me tank’ they demand, ‘stop aggroing all those mobs’ they cry. Let me tell you Rundel. You are awesome. Don’t listen to that poo poo. gently caress the haters and do what you want cause lord knows how much work you have done to get where you are. Peace. Main Class: Sorcerer. Last seen: Making a list with Izusu at the top. Valar morghulis.

=Crescent Moon Alliance=

Marielle
Literal child minded guild leader. While in charge of the noobs’ safety, though it was okay to send her child soldiers against waves of freakin Direwolves, practically killing my man Rundel. How did this woman manage to get to Lvl 90 and become the guild leader is the greatest mystery in Elder Tale. Main Class: Cleric. Last seen: Not in the guild house tending to her responsibilities. Probably prancing around the festival looking to abuse Naotsugu.

Henrietta
Master negotiator who likes to ‘dress up’ Akatsuki. Yeah right try explaining that one when the police come a knockin. Crushes after Shiroe (goddamn that man is building a harem). Main Class: Bard. Last seen: Doing all the work around here, piled up by a certain lazy guild leader.

Serararara
Biggest noob in Akihabara. Quite possibly the lowest level Adventurer on the Japanese server, if not the whole of Elder Tale. The only person to pick the maid subclass, which lets you clean poo poo, instead of letting those dirty slaves NPCs scrub the floors. Main Class: Druid. Secondary Class: Maid. Last seen: Stalking the Mancat. Don’t ask me how many laws that is breaking I can’t add that high.

Shōryū
Some nobody who crushes on Marielle. Main Class: Swashbuckler. Last seen: Looking after the noobs, leaving a great and lasting impression I’m sure.

=D.D.D.=

Crusty
Spokesperson of the Round Table, named his guild after his cup size. Master at manipulating people, particularly the NPC princess Lenessia. Forgot the name of his dead cat, which will come back to bite him later in the series when the cat’s descendent literally bites Crusty’s body in revenge back in the real world. Main Class: Guardian. Last seen: Laying the smackdown on Lord Malves.

Misa Takayama
Crusty’s trusted aide. Main Class: Bard. Last seen: Checking out her boss. Knows why it’s called D.D.D not D.D.

=Black Sword Knights=

Issac
Not very smart, pure muscle head. However did have the smart idea to exploit noobs of their XP boosts in the early weeks of the expansion. Main Class: Guardian. Last seen: Working as a guard dog.

=West Wind Brigade=

Soujirou Seta
The original pimp master, his guild is entirely filled with his hoes. He saw a great opportunity when the expansion hit, Seta no longer had to worry with keeping civil with rival pimps in real life, and became sole pimp to all the hoes in Akihabara. Main Class: Samurai. Last seen: Getting his guild members to keep the peace by satisfying visiting NPC merchants.

=Honesty, Marine Agency, Roderic Merchant Guild, Shopping Street 8, Grandeur, Radio Market=

Have you been paying attention? Can you name each character and put them in the right guild? I sure can’t! Having no actual political power, these puppets exist solely to vote in favour to what Shiroe and Crusty decree. Last seen: Ruling in favour to changing the name of the city to “The Peoples’ Democratic Republic of Akihabara.”

Other Guilds

=Plant Hwyaden=
Nureha
Guild Leader of Plant Hwyaden, the only clan left in Minami (Osaka) after ingeniously buying the Cathedral, essentially ruling the city as its dictator. Has obsessive infatuation with, you guessed it, Shiroe. Main Class: Enchanter. Last seen: Setting the challenge.

=Silver Sword=
William Massachusetts
Last seen: Walking out the room. We can’t have four combat guilds can we?

=Brigandia=
Demikas
Last seen: Killed by Serara, the lowest level character on the server. Oh the shame, shame, shame. Immediately abandoned by all guild members, he is now the leader of a one man guild.

People of the Land (NPCs)

Lenessia Erhart Cowen
Constantly trolled princess of the NPCs. Last seen: Saving face.

Regan
Former high level quest giver, a very knowledgeable but generally mysterious NPC. Knows when game altering magic is used. Last seen: Leaving his hermit tower.

Airs Saturdays on Crunchyroll

Webcormac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Clicked on the link expecting Database gif, was not disappointed.

Haven't seen the episode yet, because i'm probably going to hold off to binge-watch multiple in a row. But if those mugshots are from season 2, hoo boy. Deen.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo the quality on those character pictures. Is that what the new season looks like?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Artificer posted:

Holy poo poo the quality on those character pictures. Is that what the new season looks like?

Unfortunately, yes.

DEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Best part is Rudie getting a proper, oversized, pic.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, yes.

DEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Not all the time!!!
but still too often

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, yes.

DEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

gently caress me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Best part is Rudie getting a proper, oversized, pic.

He deserves it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every pitcher needs a catcher.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Great op! Even after watching the episode I didn't realize how bad it sometimes looks until now.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:golfclap: The best op for the best show this season.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Excellent OP. I'll probably also be waiting to watch several in a row, or possibly watch it biweekly. The first season was slow-paced in a good way, and such things can be too frustrating to watch weekly (I marathoned season 1).

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
This show rules and I am looking forward to potential mad economic exploits.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Guys, who is the better character: Rundelhouse "Never Say Die" Code, or Nyanta, suave cook and teen heartthrob?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

User0015 posted:

Guys, who is the better character: Rundelhouse "Never Say Die" Code, or Nyanta, suave cook and teen heartthrob?

Leonard: Literal Ninja Turtle

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Leonard: Literal Ninja Turtle

I really hope they call him Leonard, oh my god.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I just binged watched the entire first season of this show in the last few days, didn't watch it until then because it was YET ANOTHER MMO ANIME but it turned out that it was actually insanely good, who knew. Looking forward to the second season, sad I just can't binge watch it again though.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

User0015 posted:

Gotta say Nyanta because he doesn't even have to add the "Nya" to the things he says but he still does anyway.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
OP is missing the best new character:

:colbert:

Love the character bio image sizing otherwise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nyanta is literally Neko Arc Chaos of course he's the best.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Artificer posted:

I really think people are remembering the first season through very rose tinted glasses.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

.Clash posted:

I really think people are remembering the first season through very rose tinted glasses.

What are you talking about, this is clearly also from season 2

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Nice Game of Thrones OP, Rundelhaus is sufficiently prominent.

I'm having a really hard time not reading the LN translations after frame stepping through the opening. Last season kinda blew my mind after skipping the opening for 20 something episodes then realizing that everything in it was key events from the season.

I cannot believe they are using Database (wow wow) again. I am not sure if I am happy about it or not, or even if the opinion is ironic.

Also direly want a plush of the goat slime.

Daedalus1134 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 9, 2014

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
OP is missing something

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hahah I loved the biased as gently caress OP, great job with all the quality, derpy faces, except somehow the bigger and nicer Rundel image.

First episode wasn't nothing spectacular, just continuing smoothly from where they left off at the end of season 1. Basically, it presents a scenario where they need to make a new super raid and need new adventurers for that.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
loved the OP, love rudy too.

still can't stand akatsuki.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

nehezir posted:

still can't stand akatsuki.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

timg that, you moron, you're breaking the hell out of the tables.

Anyways season 2 seems like it is off to a good start. I wonder how many glasses will be adjusted before the show is over.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Shiroe's waifu: Henrietta > Nureha >>>>> other girls

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Turin Turambar posted:

Uhhh... Kanami?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

her hair thingies looked awful this new episode

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Uhhh... Kanami?

Oh true, that would be a decent pick. But the way they have presented it in the series, it seems a past thing and the harem part is going for other girls.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 9, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Oh true, that would be a decent pick. But they way they have presented it in the series, it seems a past thing and the harem part is going for other girls.

She still has the met him first/childhood friend advantage thing that animes like to do.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

if I wanted a close up of what these kids call...where did I put my notes

"a poo poo"
well, I suppose I'd just hit up something with better waifus factor, like love live.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Truth. Henrietta superiority.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Fairly sure Kanami is not in the running.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kyte posted:

Fairly sure Kanami is not in the running.

Shiroe probably had at least a minor crush on her, but she isn't around so yeah.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

nehezir posted:

if I wanted a close up of what these kids call...where did I put my notes

"a poo poo"
well, I suppose I'd just hit up something with better waifus factor, like love live.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

that face is a pretty good snag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I know it's anime but I almost fell over laughing watching Kanami's little monologue. Log Horizon is pretty good about not doing Anime Boobs but Kanami's are hilariously out of place comparred to the rest of the character designs which makes it seem to be a deliberate choice. That means Kanami is the type of lady to give her characters giant tits.

• Locked thread