Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wegee
Jul 26, 2006
If anyone has a competitive league this year that needs another person to draft, let me know. My auction league fell through at the last minute and I was so looking forward to my first auction style draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I just did my first livedraft and I think I might be an idiot. I'm banking on Gallo and Mayo to be good and I picked up Varejao too, as if he won't be dead by december. And my panic 13th man was Mirza because.. uh.. threes?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm actually also interested if anyone is still doing a head to head league, I mean I joined the roto one that started this thread off and I'm interested to try it out since I've never played roto but head to head has always held the most fun/engaging place in my fantasy b-ball heart.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

Hey for second league a lot of invites were ignored. Come on dudes.

Also sent invites to all people who requested them via PM.

Draft Monday night? 5:30 PST?

With the 3 requests out and the 3 PMs and the 3 in the league, I can get 3 real-life dudes and make it 12 easy.

Also made the settings friendly:
H2H standard scoring
FA after draft (because the season starts the next day)
Waivers, rolling continuously
Roster changes active that day
10 max player acquisitions (default is 4)
FG% and FT% instead of FGM/FGA & FTM/FTA

I'll play if there's room for one more.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sorry you two, the last spot is filled but he just hasn't signed up yet.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Draft Love or Westbrook if given the choice?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm actually also interested if anyone is still doing a head to head league, I mean I joined the roto one that started this thread off and I'm interested to try it out since I've never played roto but head to head has always held the most fun/engaging place in my fantasy b-ball heart.

Hey if you'd like to play in a head to head league, the fyad fanty basko is drafting next sunday at 730, auction style. Like 9 of us had been going for 3 years. We have two spots to fill. Just pm me your email.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
look up daytonfb on yahoo if anyone wants to do a roto in the next half hour

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry to the dude who I traded Reggie Jackson to the day before he injured himself. I swear I had absolutely no involvement or prior knowledge of Mr. Jackson's impending injury. :jihad:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I realize people usually don't respond to posts like this, but if you had any feedback on my team, I'd love to hear it. This is my first time playing fantasy since '06, and I realized halfway through how woefully unprepared I was. I don't know basketball as well as I thought I did, since I was having a difficult time recognizing names past the eighth or ninth round. This is a standard scoring H2H with FG% and FT% instead of FGM/FGA and FTM/FTA.

1. (9) Serge Ibaka PF,C
2. (16) Paul Millsap PF,C
3. (33) Goran Dragic PG,SG
4. (40) Kemba Walker PG
5. (57) Nerlens Noel PF,C
6. (64) Jabari Parker SF
7. (81) Isaiah Thomas PG
8. (88) Brandon Knight PG,SG
9. (105) Jared Sullinger PF,C
10. (112) Elfrid Payton PG
11. (129) Rodney Stuckey PG,SG
12. (136) DeMarre Carroll SF,PF
13. (153) Terrence Ross SG,SF

I hosed up by not taking Griffin over Millsap, instead taking two defense-first PF/C with my first two picks. I will probably have to explore the trade market in a month or two. Other than that, I love my Noel, Parker, and Payton picks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
After realizing the draft was yesterday and not today, I look at my team and see that autodraft didn't do so well but well enough where I can get into the playoffs with a couple of good waiver wire moves.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Chris Bosh and the rest of my idiots have catapulted me to first, where I will be staying for the remainder of the season. Eat it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Man, I'm doing pretty bad. And I thought I drafted pretty well too. I hope it's just because of my players schedules being sparse to start.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I have tumbled to second temporarily but I will prevail. Also, my goal of staying ahead of Chunkles has been successful so far

larrydigital
Feb 21, 2004

Say Queensbridge.
Got offered his Anthony Davis for my Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons. I'm not sure the dropoff from Davis to Howard is wide enough to give up Parsons too. I don't need to make the deal but still, I gotta take it right? Or am I just being seduced by Davis' stats?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Am I being dumb for changing my lineup every day so there is never anyone on the bench with a game that day? I think the trash players may be hurting me by bringing ft% fg% etc down while only incrementally padding boards and points.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm not worried about that but I'm worried about running out of games

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

larrydigital posted:

Got offered his Anthony Davis for my Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons. I'm not sure the dropoff from Davis to Howard is wide enough to give up Parsons too. I don't need to make the deal but still, I gotta take it right? Or am I just being seduced by Davis' stats?

I am still new to fantasy basketball, but yes, that's a deal you make. Davis was a possibly #1 pick overall this year, and so far, has met those expectations. I don't know why you are hesitating.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My team got autodrafted Bosh, Wade, and Lebron

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Gordon Hayward value pick is paying off

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm up in the air. I want to drop Wroten, Calderon, or Ariza and pick up Len, J.R. Smith, or Nick Young. Any ideas of who's gonna be more valuable moving forward?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Woah why drop Wroten, the dude is beasting right now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

chunkles posted:

Woah why drop Wroten, the dude is beasting right now.

Won't his usage drop when MCW gets established? I haven't looked up the stats yet but I remember Wroten's scoring volume decreasing mightily last year whenever MCW was out there.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
I forget to adjust my lineup ONE DAY and it drops me 4 places. Goddamnit.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, that can get pretty annoying. That's why I usually just take a minute on Sunday to set my roster for the coming week of games in advance.
Also I totally lost interest in the goon Roto league since I finally realized Roto just doesn't feel as fun...at least for me. Good thing I got into a goon H2H league where my jumping at the likes of Kyle Lowry and Gordon Hayward (also Rubio pre-injury, I have no regrets, he's fantasy gold) as well as grabbing Bradley Beal cheap has paid some early dividends, not so much going all in on Andre Drummond...oh well, I'm sure he'll come around eventually.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Be careful with setting a week in advance. Yahoo likes to miss some games.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah that has happened to me before...I'm only in ESPN leagues right now since I forgot about Yahoo completely.

Also I wish Brian Shaw would stop loving up Kenneth Faried, since there's clearly no other explanation. :colbert: He had one rebound last game, one! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Man I am getting owned :sigh:

• Locked thread