Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

What kind of car? That sounds like a situation where taking the loss wouldn't be an awful idea...

That's an awful price range to sell a car in, IMHO. Not many people will have cash for it, and it's kind of tedious (tho far from impossible) to get a loan for a private-party purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Shazbot v2.0 posted:

Car is a 2010 Mazda 3 GT-E Sedan. Manual transmission (I think hurting the resale) with just under 100,000km. Car has every option available and a few scrapes/dings which might lower the price a bit too.

What's the next car payment/insurance/parking/whatever deadline? If it doesn't sell by then, I say sell it to the dealer. It's a loss, for sure, but so is keeping a car you don't want in the city. Call it a "stupid tax" and move on.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Shazbot v2.0 posted:

Payments are biweekly (one comes out tomorrow, bringing the amount owing to 11500), and insurance is taken out at the beginning of each month. Parking is paid through my rent monthly and I would ideally rent the spot out. Not spending much on gas while I primarily take transit to work, but having the car makes me tempted to drive.

Stupid tax absolutely - at the time I bought the car I had received a new job/sizeable raise, but transit wasn't an option. In the grand scheme, 2k doesn't matter and I'll feel much better being debt free even if it means giving up my sweet sweet car.

Sounds like an easy choice, then.

:byewhore:

Warmest Regards,
--Someone who has wasted tens of thousands of dollars on cars, Esq.

• Locked thread