Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Eh, I have one more restart in me and then I am just going to forge ahead with whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Tired of rerolling . gently caress Japan forever

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Syrinxx posted:

Tired of rerolling . gently caress Japan forever

I won't stop until I get an equivalent or better to what Queeb rolled.

Just because I want to rub it in his face.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

m.hache posted:

I won't stop until I get an equivalent or better to what Queeb rolled.

Just because I want to rub it in his face.

Uncalled for!

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Maybe I'm just dumb, but after I finish all 5 parts of Chapter 1, I still only have 1 energy and 230 or so coins and I'm unable to recruit a dude. Am I terrible or am I missing a step?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You should be able to get your first day login bonus from the "main" tab, under "messages".

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Ahhh. Annnd re-rolling.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

24 total rerolls later, I got A'misandra. I think I'm ready to play the actual game now.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just got an Amina.

Let's roll.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

time to start rolling! i'm such a sucker for these games but i like the combat of this one

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

6 rerolls before work. 6 crap.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I'll be in as DontMindMe...as soon as I finish re-rolling.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Got Samantha on my first roll. Yeah, gently caress re-rolling, just gonna jump right in since I doubt I'll get another SS-rank anytime soon.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

What the hell did i just pull

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zhent posted:

She needs to put on a pair of pants.

You know, the more I play this the more this statement rings true.

It's all "HEAL COMBO, EAT CAMEL TOE"

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

DaveWoo posted:

What the hell did i just pull

dont you dare reroll that

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

He never does lose his spear-steak.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Reiterpallasch posted:

He never does lose his spear-steak.

Looks like he upgrades to Creme Brule.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

32 rerolls not a single gold paper yet this game loving blows

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

I feel like my years of playing PAD were leading up to this moment. That "how to push blocks around at will" GIF in the first post of the PAD thread directly translates here.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Somebody already asked this on page one, but I didn't see an answer. Do I need to save coins for anything, or should I use them all for recruiting?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
It costs a fair amount of money (8-20K) to advance a character to their next job, and the vast majority of what you'll get out of the gold Pacts is complete jank. I'd hold on to my cash.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

10 rolls, got the fire mage in the op. Not gonna keep rolling for a healer.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
So combo attacks seem to work off the attack type of the unit pincering, but then using the attack stats of all the connected units in the chain.

What I'm saying here is don't use the starter healer in any kind of attack capacity because he's garbage.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I want to play this but its not out in my region (asutralia) and vpn doesn't seem to work

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Byolante posted:

I want to play this but its not out in my region (asutralia) and vpn doesn't seem to work

Make a US itunes account (use a false address) and download it that way, no VPN needed.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Cryohazard posted:

So combo attacks seem to work off the attack type of the unit pincering, but then using the attack stats of all the connected units in the chain.

What I'm saying here is don't use the starter healer in any kind of attack capacity because he's garbage.

Specifically, don't use the healer to pincer a monster - it's fine if she's in formation to help out the attack (in fact, you will want to get good at including her in them because that's the only way she can heal you).

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

cpaf posted:

Make a US itunes account (use a false address) and download it that way, no VPN needed.

Android :smith:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can sideload the APK file directly on an Android device. If the game refuses to update when you start it up, you'll also need the OBB; put it in sdcard/Android/obb/com.mistwalkercorp.guardians/

fakedit: you'll need to repeat the process every time the app version updates, though, which can get obnoxious real fast

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Everyone should go to Options > Gift Code and enter in: dhth66nWXVCbjdTC

Free 5 energy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kronikle posted:

Free 5 energy.

Well that will make rerolling easier.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kronikle posted:

Free 5 energy.

Well hot dog, I had a B rank person and now I got an A rank person from that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got an S rank named Zuzu on my first pull, and an A rank on the pull from the second. Am I good to roll on? Rerolling is not my idea of a good time.

I have to say that the game looks drat slick at least.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Got strange meat dude from the 2nd roll, thanks for the tip

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zerro is mean, I like having the early Pincer Area attack. Thanks for forwarding the code, Kronikle!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Got the SS dude from the OP, Olber the Guardian in my first roll. Seems dope.

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006
First roll, paid :10bux: and rolled three, then the code roll. I'm not into rerolling shenanigans.

Not the first time I've dropped money into a virtual gashapon (last I recall is a dollar into Deadman's Cross, terrible decision), but it's certainly the first time I've put more than pocket change in. I'm very impressed by the game, and alone am glad XP isn't completely disparate with a character's use.

Chronomaster fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 10, 2014

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hmm. From the game's official Twatter:

quote:

New users who download and begin #terrabattle by 11/3 will recruit the healer Kuscah! With resurrection/ healing skills, he’s very useful!

Kuscah is a bare bones but rather effective healer/reviver who can do most of what Amina/Amimari/A'Misandra can do, so that will probably affect the rerolling tiers. No idea if the gift will be retroactive. It would be, wouldn't it?

(joke's on me either way, I already have him)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

He's decent. I'm glad I went with a mage for now, as long as I have him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Kronikle posted:

Free 5 energy.

Thanks a ton! I rerolled with this and got Olber first try. And...another Olber, which is neat because it increases the skill chance by 10% which I assume is the chance for his skills to activate.

Out of curiosity, does skill chance go up randomly after a battle? I noticed some of my dudes getting +0.1% every so often but I'm not sure what causes it.

• Locked thread