Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, when you get a Skill Boost show up in combat, that means the character will get +0.1% skill proc rate after the fight. You get a chance of getting a Skill Boost whenever you use a skill, so characters which tend to proc their skills a lot (healers, status inflicters, mages) will rack them up faster. You can theoretically get a team up to 100% skill activation by farming the 1 stamina tutorial zones over and over, but I'd blow my brains out before actually attempting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Cool, thanks for the code, got a Pupropu from that! He's pretty good

MotU fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 10, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So the gold pulls are pretty much all poo poo and energy pulls are the only way to get something worth keeping? Not sure what the point is of them then without a feeding mechanic.

Still, I really like the gameplay in that it feels legit different from PAD.

EDIT : how often is energy dealed out? Cause god help me I want to drop some money for a couple extra pacts.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 10, 2014

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Not sure exactly how much of this is absolutely necessary, but it worked for me.

Get Hotspot Shield from the Play Store
Delete all your google accounts
Disable location servies (under settings, more)
Enable Airplane mode.
Enable Wi-Fi again
Put Hotspot Shield in full protection-> United States
Open Play Store
Create new Google account
Search for and download Terra Battle
Add your proper google account(s) back

Last time I went through this was a year ago and it still automatically updated my apks after I disabled all that (but kept my US account), so if it still works like that it's definitely worth it.

Edit: VV Or that, but this takes 5 minutes and unless they've changed it, you're done forever. Really a personal choice thing.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 10, 2014

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Or seriously, just sideload. I posted the APK and OBB last page.

Unlucky7 posted:

how often is energy dealed out?
You get a fair amount of it over your first ten day--enough to fill out a team of named characters. After that, the game seems to settle into a rhythm of about 20 energy every 30 days.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Shwqa posted:

Well that will make rerolling easier.

No it won't. Now I must get two SS pulls.

thanks for the code

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 10, 2014

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

No idea if the gift will be retroactive. It would be, wouldn't it?

Every time I rerolled yesterday I got both the starter (Bahl/Grace) and then Kuscah right after, so I guess the announcement is just late and its been active for a while?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I got Yukken on my Zerro account, so now I'm set.

I really like how the game forces you to think about positioning so soon. Different from PAD where you can just go for clearing a lot orbs mindlessly with most teams on most content.

The different twists on the daily/metal dungeon are nice as well.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

So I picked up that guy with my 5 free energy from the code. He's insane, hits a 3x3 square for 180-200 ice damage whenever his skill fires off. I just set him up supporting my attackers and he dumps spells in for tons of damage across the map. Freggin awesome.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Quote not edit

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got some toad archer dude.

I wonder if there are more of these codes floating around since they do not seem to be a one shot deal.

EDIT: Oh god there is a metal zone similar to metal parades from Brave Frontiers. Just got 36k XP from it.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 10, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like I'm worse at this game than I should be, but I'm getting better with shifting things around quickly in the middle of chapter 3. I didn't check the OP originally, just downloaded from the Android Games thread recommendation, so I didn't go through with all the reroll nonsense. I'm not upset- I got an A-class sword dude who appears to be some sort of effeminate assassin named Nakupi the Silkenhaired on my first pull and I've stuck with it so far without complaint. The art is quite pretty, and I'm a little surprised with how quickly it loads up compared to other games I've been playing lately. Think I'll stick with this for a while.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I feel like I'm worse at this game than I should be, but I'm getting better with shifting things around quickly in the middle of chapter 3. I didn't check the OP originally, just downloaded from the Android Games thread recommendation, so I didn't go through with all the reroll nonsense. I'm not upset- I got an A-class sword dude who appears to be some sort of effeminate assassin named Nakupi the Silkenhaired on my first pull and I've stuck with it so far without complaint. The art is quite pretty, and I'm a little surprised with how quickly it loads up compared to other games I've been playing lately. Think I'll stick with this for a while.

Yeah, we only recently realized that you get a pretty decent healer out the door that wasn't available to people in the BETA.

Which is a shame because I got a nasty A rank caster that I ditched until I got my Amina. Still though, best healer in the game.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I think the importance of that Metal Zone in the upper left corner of the world map may have been understated at this point. Even doing pretty poorly in there, killing about 80% of the things that popped, I gained about 6-8 levels across everything in my team in the hour I noticed it was open. If you happen to see that with a timer instead of (Closed), start running that like crazy.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Got Rikken on my second try, should that be good enough?

.random
May 7, 2007

The update to the OP has me all confused now :( So a pull of an A'misandra and an Amazora (B swordsman :() is worth it or not, in light of getting Bahl and Kuscah for freebies?

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
Just installed this game on my Nexus 5 and I can't get past the start up screen. Keep getting network error:

Can't find any fixes or even people with the same problem through Google search. Help?

.random
May 7, 2007

StickFigs posted:

Just installed this game on my Nexus 5 and I can't get past the start up screen. Keep getting network error:

Can't find any fixes or even people with the same problem through Google search. Help?

Try killing and reopening. happened a couple times to me, but went away after reopening a couple times

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

.random posted:

The update to the OP has me all confused now :( So a pull of an A'misandra and an Amazora (B swordsman :() is worth it or not, in light of getting Bahl and Kuscah for freebies?

It's worth it. The SS characters likely have better abilities when unlocked. For example my SS amina has an AoE Res that I'm pretty sure is unique to her.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

.random posted:

Keep it.
The jp advice is basically "Any SS is fine to start with and is a winning roll"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

You guys are starting to make me apprehensive about sticking with the crew I have.. I don't want to re-roll at this point, but should I? I have the archer chick, the free healer, and an A-class, plus some random C's I picked up. I'm not struggling or anything.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Haha holy poo poo, my first S/SS roll was amina, the ss healer who gets a party-wide revive

Is adding jobs this games version of evolving, or are they two different systems?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

You guys are starting to make me apprehensive about sticking with the crew I have.. I don't want to re-roll at this point, but should I? I have the archer chick, the free healer, and an A-class, plus some random C's I picked up. I'm not struggling or anything.

If you're not struggling then keep going. You might get a Great SS to start but then pull poo poo for everything in the future. Just roll with it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally got to do a Metal Zone and god drat son that's some XP right there

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Varinn posted:

Haha holy poo poo, my first S/SS roll was amina, the ss healer who gets a party-wide revive

Is adding jobs this games version of evolving, or are they two different systems?

A little different, your characters can level up in each of their jobs and will cross-pollinate the skills they learn. You get to drop cross-skills in the slots that open up as they level, which will make them nasty as you go along.

Edit: Sorry, wasn't clear. There is no evolving, the job system is what replaced it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I spent $5 to get energy and ended up with the same loving guy I already had. Worst luck ever. At least it upgraded him a bit.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Metal Zone 1 is the best way to get your first 20 levels by a country mile. Afterwards, it's not so clear-cut since story zones start being worth more experience and you only get one turn before enemies run in Metal Zone 2+, which can make it difficult/impossible to kill everything.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."

.random posted:

Try killing and reopening. happened a couple times to me, but went away after reopening a couple times

Tried that, even tried clearing all data and rebooting. No dice.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got amisandra who also seems to be an SS healer. I'll see how it goes.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got amisandra who also seems to be an SS healer. I'll see how it goes.

Even at Area 4 I'm finding having a healer is invaluable. So much poison.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

m.hache posted:

Even at Area 4 I'm finding having a healer is invaluable. So much poison.

That's good then, either way my second roll was another SS (rikken) so this seems alright

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Gunjin posted:

Got Rikken on my second try, should that be good enough?

I started with Rikken and she doesn't really seem much better than Grace yet, and she seems strictly worse than the A-class lightning mage dude I pulled. I think the idea is that the SS really only start to shine much further into the game than where I'm at though.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Except for the really chase ones, SS grades are often only differentiated by higher base stats and unique skills on the 65 slot in some of their jobs, so in those cases a B grade character's faster leveling will win out.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 10, 2014

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012
Any thoughts on teams in more general terms? For those who are chugging ahead, or who played the soft-launch, at what point does it become critical to field teams that make use of the sword/archer/spear and elemental etc. systems? I was lucky enough to roll an SS-class ice mage (frog guy) and A-class fire mage (lady drunkard) when I started, so a team of 2x AOE mage, 1x healer, 1x sword, 1x Spear, 1x Arrow seems balanced enough. With the ability to pre-set multiple teams though I'm expecting targeted squads to become a thing at some point.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Noaloha posted:

Any thoughts on teams in more general terms? For those who are chugging ahead, or who played the soft-launch, at what point does it become critical to field teams that make use of the sword/archer/spear and elemental etc. systems? I was lucky enough to roll an SS-class ice mage (frog guy) and A-class fire mage (lady drunkard) when I started, so a team of 2x AOE mage, 1x healer, 1x sword, 1x Spear, 1x Arrow seems balanced enough. With the ability to pre-set multiple teams though I'm expecting targeted squads to become a thing at some point.

I'm at Chapter 13 or so, healer + at least one of each weapon type has been enough so far, but I field an SS lightning-spear, an A ice-bow, and an A lightning-sword, and elemental attacks really matter around Chapter ~9, where you start running into monsters who will avoid non-elemental attacks.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, I actually got Amimari on my free spin. I usually never get anything worthwhile on those even with re-rolling.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
in Chapter 21, I have a core of about 8 people I've leveled from which to pick a team. In general, I tend to bring a healer, two mages, two physical fighters, and a wildcard (often my Levitate user, or my status healer, or just another offensive character). My generic "A team" is Kuscah, Bahl, Grace (yeah I ended up pulling the other starter, they're both great), Burbaba (in his second job, since I have no other spear units), Jennish, and Daiana (A-rank fire mage with bow skills).

Notably: I have Gaiga, an SS-ranked bow user who I try to keep leveled, but when the chips are down I use the B-rank Grace because she's actually just better at my level.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Oh hey I pulled this guy:

:getin:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I am on Chapter 5-1, and I am having an issue with some wyrms in the corners of the maps. Maybe I am forgetting/missing something, but is there any way to force them out? They just sit on the corners and spam breath attacks without moving

Edit: Nevermind, corners count as surrounding, whoops

MotU fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Noaloha posted:

Since each level tell you what enemy types are on the field, I feel like rotating specialized squads is the "right" thing to do. That said, Grace with Megabow (Area) murders everyone indiscriminately so that may only go so far.

I'm in desperate need of spear users but I don't want to blow all my coins on poo poo monsters or any real money on energy until they do some kind of pull event. I guess just leveling my guys with the best skills in metal zone is what I'm about for now. The metal zone and puppet fight is an awesome alternative to just farming xp and evo mats, even if it ultimately boils down to push button get thing. At least it feels different.

• Locked thread