Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you're feeling desperate, you can get the Sabertooth King from 4-3 or the Golem from 9-10. They'll be competitive with actual spear-using characters until they get a decent way into their second job. No guarantees on drop rate, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a list of what areas can drop additional dudes? I have some B, A, S but not six of them so I am filling in my team with scrub creatures who don't even have a second ability. I'd like to get some new guys.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pretty much anything can drop, including basically every boss. Try the Cybergolem in 6-10 if you need a decent sword unit. The 7-10 Mantledrake is probably the best caster you can farm earlygame. I don't know of a decent farmable bow unit--the 5-10 Whitewyrm is pretty good but only for his mapwide dragon heal, which is only a thing if you're using the gimmick farmable-dragons-only team.

On the other hand, they just tweeted out what looks like the first coming Descended dungeon--Bahamut, I guess.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

Pretty much anything can drop, including basically every boss. Try the Cybergolem in 6-10 if you need a decent sword unit. The 7-10 Mantledrake is probably the best caster you can farm earlygame. I don't know of a decent farmable bow unit--the 5-10 Whitewyrm is pretty good but only for his mapwide dragon heal, which is only a thing if you're using the gimmick farmable-dragons-only team.

On the other hand, they just tweeted out what looks like the first coming Descended dungeon--Bahamut, I guess.

must have it.

Also finally had a successful reroll and got SS Amimari and an A unit. Now I just need an AOE unit and a way to change names.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Ah rerolling my nemisis we meet again. After visiting Chinese forums it seems Amina is what people generally shoot for with A'Missandra coming in 2nd for he ability to pass later stages.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
Thanks for the thread as it got me into the game. Used the code to pick up lewto and kapori as my starters.

One question about the word "executes" in the skill description. For a skill that reads: attack 10% self 30% "executes in two turns"

Does execute mean start or end in this sense? And the word chain only applies when you do team attacks of 3 or more right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Reiterpallasch posted:

Oh, the bosses don't drop automatically? I got the boss from the tower early on and he's on my party, didn't realize that wasn't a given. Name is "Ba'gunar the Highborn", B-class thunder swordsman.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

f1av0r posted:

Thanks for the thread as it got me into the game. Used the code to pick up lewto and kapori as my starters.

One question about the word "executes" in the skill description. For a skill that reads: attack 10% self 30% "executes in two turns"

Does execute mean start or end in this sense? And the word chain only applies when you do team attacks of 3 or more right?

Execute means the effect ends in x turns. Weird wording, I know.

As for chain, I've only seen that on Heal spells. For that to work, you have to be directly lined up with at least one of the pincer attackers for it to go off. The heal spell will target everyone else who is also lined up with the same pincer attacker. Your chain heal will not go through the enemy or heal your allies who lined up with the opposite pincer attacker. So you don't need an attack of 3 or more, because if it's just Kuscah attacking with someone else, he'll only heal himself.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

New Leaf posted:

Oh, the bosses don't drop automatically? I got the boss from the tower early on and he's on my party, didn't realize that wasn't a given. Name is "Ba'gunar the Highborn", B-class thunder swordsman.

As far as I can tell there are some story-related drops like Ba'gunar, and there are random drops as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Darksaber posted:

As far as I can tell there are some story-related drops like Ba'gunar, and there are random drops as well.

Oh, so he is guaranteed then? Bummer.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
The story wouldn't seem to make much sense without him, so I think he is.

I'm really enjoying this game so far, hope that things don't get TOO impossible later on without a perfect party. So far I've got Koko, Rikken, and Czekras as SS ranks along with a smattering of A-B-C's as supporting cast.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Darksaber posted:

The story wouldn't seem to make much sense without him, so I think he is.

I'm really enjoying this game so far, hope that things don't get TOO impossible later on without a perfect party. So far I've got Koko, Rikken, and Czekras as SS ranks along with a smattering of A-B-C's as supporting cast.

I literally just got him, so maybe I spoke too soon. :)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Got Lewto and Gatz as my starters, so that should be good. Are there any events we should be saving energy for, or is it just "roll 'em if you got 'em"?

Moving allies around seems to get glitchy if I go too fast. Is that just me?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Oh yeah, I have quite a few rolls that I saved. What are people doing with the accounts they saved but aren't using?

Qylvaran posted:

Got Lewto and Gatz as my starters, so that should be good. Are there any events we should be saving energy for, or is it just "roll 'em if you got 'em"?

Moving allies around seems to get glitchy if I go too fast. Is that just me?

Well, the game has just been released, both in JP and N/A, so for right now, no. No "godfest" parallels nor any "galas" or anything like that.

Does this game run on JP time or NA(PST)? It's JP right?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is there a set schedule for the metal dungeons? Also any tips for catching those runners? It seems like if I get them it's mainly luck.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

Is there a set schedule for the metal dungeons? Also any tips for catching those runners? It seems like if I get them it's mainly luck.

Depends a lot on where they spawn but if you do big loops around the outside of the board you can herd them into little traps. They generally run directly away from where you approach but sometimes they just fly off wherever.

By the way, Rikken's third job second ability "control time", does anyone know if this works like the increased orb timer mechanic in P&D? Does it stack? Because having two whole more seconds of movement seems tremendously powerful.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

So apparently you can pull off diagonal moves?

https://www.kamcord.com/v/bOiqqW5U62j

I've done it a few times on accident but I thought it was just a visual glitch. Seems like it's an in game mechanic.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Zotix posted:

If this game is run on the same server as JP, http://www63.atwiki.jp/terrabattle-wiki/pages/99.html has the schedule(all times JST). Zones are the "area" you're in, i.e. Zone 1 is ch.1-4.

As far as runners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slUDj_w7BE
Basically, slooooooowly get close and trap them. It basically requires you to be immediately ready to strike

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I got another 5 energy from completing chapters, and my roll got me a second Kuzcah that hasn't shown up in my character page. can you not get doubles?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I've got a question, if you don't mind:

Is the data transfer option something like cross play, where progress on one device will still be reflected on the other, or is it just simply swapping all my data to another device? I've got the game on my phone, but the tiny screen makes combat a pain sometimes, and it'd be neat to be able to play it on my iPad as well without worrying about losing progress.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

RedHotKick posted:

I got another 5 energy from completing chapters, and my roll got me a second Kuzcah that hasn't shown up in my character page. can you not get doubles?

One of the tool tips says something about doubles powering up abilities.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kronikle posted:

So apparently you can pull off diagonal moves?

https://www.kamcord.com/v/bOiqqW5U62j

I've done it a few times on accident but I thought it was just a visual glitch. Seems like it's an in game mechanic.

It appears you can do diagonal moves as long as you arent moving between 2 enemies when you do it.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005
I have a full set of level 70 SS job 3 characters (whale), started working on hitting all their job 2s to 65 for the additional skills, and Gugba's my favourite dude by a mile. He's the only person I've seen with an attack that hits the entire screen, at chpts 28-30 it's dealing about a third of their life in one shot and instantly gives you a powered point due to all the attacks. The part that makes him OP is that it's the only physical move that triggers in any part of a chain, so you don't even need to be one of the pincing characters -- but with 344 base attack, you'll want to be.

There are a whole bunch of ways to kill the runners in metal zones, but since I'm already pimping Gugba out, the most fun way is to use Build Bomb and just run diagonally around them. Bombs will kill them in one shot, and they'll run themselves into a bomb without any effort other than spinning your finger around them.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

dmboogie posted:

I've got a question, if you don't mind:

Is the data transfer option something like cross play, where progress on one device will still be reflected on the other, or is it just simply swapping all my data to another device? I've got the game on my phone, but the tiny screen makes combat a pain sometimes, and it'd be neat to be able to play it on my iPad as well without worrying about losing progress.

Unfortunately they didn't really design the game to be played on multiple devices at a time. You have to actually transfer all the data between your devices every time you want to use a different one. Pain in the rear end.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Lonely Wizard posted:

I have a full set of level 70 SS job 3 characters (whale), started working on hitting all their job 2s to 65 for the additional skills, and Gugba's my favourite dude by a mile. He's the only person I've seen with an attack that hits the entire screen, at chpts 28-30 it's dealing about a third of their life in one shot and instantly gives you a powered point due to all the attacks. The part that makes him OP is that it's the only physical move that triggers in any part of a chain, so you don't even need to be one of the pincing characters -- but with 344 base attack, you'll want to be.

There are a whole bunch of ways to kill the runners in metal zones, but since I'm already pimping Gugba out, the most fun way is to use Build Bomb and just run diagonally around them. Bombs will kill them in one shot, and they'll run themselves into a bomb without any effort other than spinning your finger around them.

I'm glad to read this, because my first roll was Gugba and I was thinking that he didn't look like anything spectacular!

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

RedHotKick posted:

Instead of getting a double, you'll receive a skill boost and level ups for getting the same character twice. Pretty sure it's 5% and 1 level for under SS, and 10% and 5 levels for SS.

The good news is that once you have a card at 100%, you will never roll them again. No more G O L E M syndrome from PAD where you'd keep seeing the same piece of poo poo for years on end -- you could just grind to max skill and be done with receiving more cards of the same type.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

Emalde posted:

I'm glad to read this, because my first roll was Gugba and I was thinking that he didn't look like anything spectacular!

Depending on how happy you are with grinding, Gugba really isn't new-player friendly. He takes more exp to level than anyone else, and his job 3 weapon comes from chapter 18, the biggest brick wall for most people. You'll only get his OP skill at 65 from his last job, but it entirely redeems his slow start. SS mages really make early game a breeze, and using one from the start guarantees you'll have a solid skill frequency chance toward end-game, where you'll need at least two different magical damage types (mobs will negate damage/regain health on you using their same type eventually).

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Is there any chance of them giving Princess Cameltoe some pants because she looks loving ridiculous.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

cpaf posted:

Depends a lot on where they spawn but if you do big loops around the outside of the board you can herd them into little traps. They generally run directly away from where you approach but sometimes they just fly off wherever.

By the way, Rikken's third job second ability "control time", does anyone know if this works like the increased orb timer mechanic in P&D? Does it stack? Because having two whole more seconds of movement seems tremendously powerful.

Triple post!

Control time skills all stack with each other (so if you have Palpa giving +3 seconds on chain, and Rikken's in the chain, she'll have +5 seconds), and works just how you think it does. The only caveat here is that you need to be using Rikken as the person you're currently moving for the time increase to happen. Also, don't use Palpa.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

So Lonely Wizard, being that you've maxed out a bunch of SS dudes, how much of your grinding was for job change materials? I'm wondering how much time I should spend doing pudding time events vs just continuing through the main story. I'm on chapter 9 and I'm so far away from unlocking any new jobs. When did you start getting your new jobs?

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

Kronikle posted:

So Lonely Wizard, being that you've maxed out a bunch of SS dudes, how much of your grinding was for job change materials? I'm wondering how much time I should spend doing pudding time events vs just continuing through the main story. I'm on chapter 9 and I'm so far away from unlocking any new jobs. When did you start getting your new jobs?

I did the daily dungeons quite a bit for materials early on, but even after spending about 2000 stamina on the Tuesday dungeon, I only gathered exactly 3 orichalcum from there, so I normally target specific dungeons for farming the materials I'm looking for. Basically, these:

15-6 orichalcum
17-3 dark matter
20-1 dark matter/oxsecium
29-8 animaton

If you're only going after SS characters, you won't need to worry about farming particles at all -- those are for S and below.

All non-ore materials I have numbering in the hundreds, probably more than this game will ever require. In the beta, for iOS users, the 12 second timed dungeon could actually net you over 60 drops on each go, since the turn timer was between .15 and .2 seconds. It is currently at .4 seconds and likely a lot less worth while to farm because of it.

I always just maxed my character levels out in the metal zone the second I unlocked a new one, then rushed chapters until the next metal zone. I only farm dailies when I'm about to finish a chapter and need to blow stam.

Chapter 20, stage 1, gives you about 200k exp for 25 stam. Once you get here, you can farm to max level at optimal efficiency per stam (at the cost of a huge time sink) while also getting rare drops.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

If this game is run on the same server as JP, http://www63.atwiki.jp/terrabattle-wiki/pages/99.html has the schedule(all times JST). Zones are the "area" you're in, i.e. Zone 1 is ch.1-4.

As far as runners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slUDj_w7BE
Basically, slooooooowly get close and trap them. It basically requires you to be immediately ready to strike

So I was right, we're on JP time. Check the link above to find times, unless there's an English equivalent ready now.

Cryohazard posted:

Is there any chance of them giving Princess Cameltoe some pants because she looks loving ridiculous.

Assuming you meant Arika, if you meant Amina, HAHAHAHAHAHA

e:

Lonely Wizard posted:

Triple post!

Control time skills all stack with each other (so if you have Palpa giving +3 seconds on chain, and Rikken's in the chain, she'll have +5 seconds), and works just how you think it does. The only caveat here is that you need to be using Rikken as the person you're currently moving for the time increase to happen. Also, don't use Palpa.

Can you explain this a bit more? Like what do you mean when you say "chain? Is it the same chain for attacking, because if it is, that's kind of a weird way of doing it. You'd need to move Palpa at the same time you're moving Rikken to make the stacking work right?

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 12, 2014

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Just pulled Gugba then after opening my day 4 login mail for the bonus energy, which is now my third SS along with my rerolled Rikken and Czekras.

I've put about $20 in so I feel exceedingly lucky, but I also suspect the 5% thing might be a bit off.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Got Jennish and another Kuscah with the code, I guess you can't have multiples? What is that "B" percentage thing?

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

Can you explain this a bit more? Like what do you mean when you say "chain? Is it the same chain for attacking, because if it is, that's kind of a weird way of doing it. You'd need to move Palpa at the same time you're moving Rikken to make the stacking work right?

For Palpa's 3 second control chain bonus, you need Palpa in an attack the turn prior, and the buff lasts for the next couple turns. You won't have her control bonus at the start, you will have Rikken's.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lonely Wizard posted:

For Palpa's 3 second control chain bonus, you need Palpa in an attack the turn prior, and the buff lasts for the next couple turns. You won't have her control bonus at the start, you will have Rikken's.
Thanks, so it's like the "Attack Up" style of buff. Cool

Geektox posted:

Got Jennish and another Kuscah with the code, I guess you can't have multiples? What is that "B" percentage thing?

Skill chance. It basically boosts how often a skill will be triggered. All multiples are automatically fused into their base characters

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aw my only Spear guy is a dumb monster I have. I got the lightning sword guy Bagunar from chapter 4 and it seems like elements will be important so I had to kick out Bahl for now since he just uses normal swords.

The rest of my part is Grace, SS Healer Amisandra, SS archer Rikken, Dumb sabertooth spear user, and Kuscah who I'm thinking of kicking out because I usually don't need 2 healers.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Switching multiple jobs at once and having a bunch of level 1s seems like a terrible idea oops

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also because of the B/SS experience thing and the fact that Kuscah's revive is in his second job and Amimari's is in her third job (i.e gated by a very rare boss weapon drop) there's a good chance that Kuscah will have his revive spell significantly before Amimari does. Also just use the Metal Zone tickets we all just got to get your level 1s back up to speed, I guess.

Postal Parcel: do you know if skill boosts are additive or multiplicative? If a character has a 50% skill and 50% skill boost, is the proc rate 75% or 100%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ah drat so it might actually be better to bench some of the SS characters until later? That's gonna end up being really grindy if it works out how I think it does. I guess I'm glad they did it this way because it means getting a B or A isn't a slap in the face early on.

I didn't actually realize you could use Metal Tickets that way, for some reason I thought you'd have to fight a difficult enemy or something and you couldn't bring level 1s.

I'm still not sure if I like this game, I like how the progression is gonna work out in theory with the whole job switching but I dunno that I actually "get" the gameplay that well.

• Locked thread