Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Outside of the battle system its very much a mix of Summoner's War and Brave Frontier, but I didn't really get into either of those games because you don't really 'do' anything in the battle system. You activate spells maybe but mostly you just sort of spectate.

I think the general advantage of not benching your SS healer is that you build up their skills while you go I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is the best way to reroll just to go and clear the app's data if you don't get a good roll? Or is there some other way that is quicker that I'm not seeing?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I registered the channel #terrabattle on synirc.net. Hop on if you want to chat about Terra Battle.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
This game starts off really slow and tedious, but the further you get in the "story" mode, the more involved and tactical the battles get. If you persist with it it's really quite fun.

I don't understand why healers have a good Magic stat when the heal chain ability seems to heal a flat 700, though. :(

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
For people rerolling: Here is some more info on which characters are best for starting the game.

From the Taiwan Terra Battle groups and terrabattleforum posted:

First choice = the mages (Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish, Zerro)
Second choice = the twin sisters (Yukken > Rikken)
Third choice = everyone else
====
The mages can AoE and activate multiple times as long as they are chained, they also have self heals/regens and 1 time self revival.
All 4 mages have the same skill set, row AoE is second job and column AoE is third job.
They also offer capsules (team resist buff) against their opposite element, each capsule adds 10% resist (up to 50% pure capsules, 100% in combination with other skills).
Capsule activation is similar to power point, chaining them at any time activates the buff.

Koko/Czekras/Samatha/Gaiga would be the next best damage dealers when compared to mages, their attacks are all of a single element.
Attack skill sets are very similar, other than Gaiga everyone have a 3x3 AoE around themselves and either a row or column AoE.

Koko offers ice capsules.
Czekras has "add action", a delay like Echidna but only on mobs.
Samatha has negotiator and second job can be equiped with full physical damage to avoid clashing elements.
Gaiga has chain death resist and can cast "death", doesn't work on bosses and hit rate is around 30% after activation.

The thing about elements is that from chapter 21-25 bosses resist same element and after chapter 26 everything will start to absorb same element as heals. But the damage against opposite element is ridiculous, so they are still worth it under those limitations.

The twin sisters both have a 3x3 AoE with themselves as the center, a self heal, +2 seconds control time, and negotiator pro.
What negotiator pro does is not very clear, description in Japanese says "increase drop rate for monster that can join you" while English says "increase drop rate for items".
Player experience is that Japanese's description is correct and it increases monster drop rate.

Rikken is a pure bow type that has a lot of high ranking attack skills, she also has the "heal all" skill that can heal everyone for a decent amount. Her AoE can inflict paralyze.
Yukken's 3 jobs cover all 3 weapon types and has many attacking skills (one of them being tera), making her very versatile. Her AoE can inflict confuse.

Yukken is often the more preferable one for starting roll due of her multi-weapon type, which helps when you don't have a lot of good units to work with.

Gugba is a super late bloomer, bombs are dangerous but there are many S/A characters for disarm, his own bombs does virtually nothing. He does gain a tera rank attack skill along with a full map attack skill at third job, but he requires more exp than other SS so it's not exactly easy to get there.
Olber is a tank with physical resist capsules and evasion rate up buffs. At second job he gains fixed chain heals (1500 for 2 skills together), and at third job he gains a passive that lets him take damage for everyone which can be very good or very bad depending on what you're doing (requires further testing).

The healers are ok but not recommended at the moment due to the starting healer being Kuscah, and he can handle most healing by himself. Not having a SS damage dealer will only slow your progress.
Revival skills only activate when moving from floor to floor, but has no limits on how many times/how fast it can activate.

Amina has a lot of healing skills, her special skill is team revival (1 HP each).
Amimari's second job is sword and can provide decent dps while healing during midgame, but her better healing skill is at third job.
Her revival skill revives an ally with 1/2 HP.
A'misandra has chain death resist buff and can cast debuff that prevent enemy from casting healing, but both of them have very limited uses. Her revival skill revives 2 allies with 1/4 HP each.
====

My thoughts:
If you get any of the 4 SS mages just start, you've gotten the best possible starter.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ugh so it looks like the Amisandra I got is not as good as I thought :( Didn't get a single mage in 3 rolls either. I did get Rikken who I am using, but at the moment she and Grace basically do the same thing.

Healers do kinda crap damage too, having 2 is not that useful a lot of the time because they're basically useless for pincer attacking. Sometimes I can only match the 2 healers and it does like 20 damage per hit, even if you chain lots of other guys.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Aw my only Spear guy is a dumb monster I have. I got the lightning sword guy Bagunar from chapter 4 and it seems like elements will be important so I had to kick out Bahl for now since he just uses normal swords.

The rest of my part is Grace, SS Healer Amisandra, SS archer Rikken, Dumb sabertooth spear user, and Kuscah who I'm thinking of kicking out because I usually don't need 2 healers.

I got lucky, I pulled a B-class spear guy early on named Ra'prow the Beat Master. He/she's a lizard person mid-dance wearing headphones.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Maaan, I have a Yukken account from when I was playing Canadian but it doesn't get Kuscah so I really don't want to start with it. :smith:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Don't give up on rerolling I've been at it almost 2 days now.

Tsurupettan posted:

Maaan, I have a Yukken account from when I was playing Canadian but it doesn't get Kuscah so I really don't want to start with it. :smith:
Keep on rolling, the Kuscah giveaway is until next month along with the extra 5EN this is the perfect time to get in the game.
I'm not stopping until I get one of the mages.

======

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ugh so it looks like the Amisandra I got is not as good as I thought :( Didn't get a single mage in 3 rolls either. I did get Rikken who I am using, but at the moment she and Grace basically do the same thing.

Healers do kinda crap damage too, having 2 is not that useful a lot of the time because they're basically useless for pincer attacking. Sometimes I can only match the 2 healers and it does like 20 damage per hit, even if you chain lots of other guys.

I would reroll(backup your old account first), healers keep your team alive but most stages are going to be a grind fest.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh no, I'm not giving up. I got it down to 7 minutes per reroll while I was on the Canadian-only version and I can just do it while watching TV. It's just a little annoying getting two Bs or As ten times in a row.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Rerolling in 3 Minutes or less.

I've tested this and it works but I'm sticking with old fashioned rerolling.
====
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/41kiuvnrx6gjm46/AACmdcdIqH37WIT0vPotDl-Ba?dl=0
Download and unzip the .bin file

1.Connect your phone to your PC or have a file explorer(ES file explorer etc)

2.Enter the game
Name yourself
Proceed with getting Grace/bahl and Kuscah(2 draws)
When brought to the map screen
-STOP-
Exit to your homescreen/kill the app

3.Place the .bin file in the following directory
android/data/com.mistwlkercorp.guardians/files

4.Start the game
You will immediately be brought to you drawing a card(it's fake don't worry)
Now proceed to enter the code and perform 2 draws.
=====
WARNING:
This method does come with a few downsides:
1: you won't have the "Knight" draw as you will skip drawing him.(As far as I know he is a tutorial only card)
2: You will have to play through the tutorial and you should follow everything it says when it comes to setting party members. Since you don't have the knight card you will have to use one of your draw characters . Just follow all tutorial instructions otherwise the game may lock up. After the tutorial it is smooth sailing as far as I know.
3: Do at your own risk.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
I've been playing on iOS the past two days and don't get how you guys are rerolling, since the first draw is one of two characters, and second draw is Kuscah? Or is everyone rerolling and using that code each time to get someone good?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Duranki posted:

I've been playing on iOS the past two days and don't get how you guys are rerolling, since the first draw is one of two characters, and second draw is Kuscah? Or is everyone rerolling and using that code each time to get someone good?

When you complete the tutorial you get 5 energy to spend. There's also the code for 5 more. You finish the tutorial, spend the 10 energy, and then clear the app data if you don't get anything good.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
I got Lewto on my second reroll. :frogbon:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

DoubleWelp posted:

I got Lewto on my second reroll. :frogbon:

Yay start having fun.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

Also because of the B/SS experience thing and the fact that Kuscah's revive is in his second job and Amimari's is in her third job (i.e gated by a very rare boss weapon drop) there's a good chance that Kuscah will have his revive spell significantly before Amimari does. Also just use the Metal Zone tickets we all just got to get your level 1s back up to speed, I guess.

Postal Parcel: do you know if skill boosts are additive or multiplicative? If a character has a 50% skill and 50% skill boost, is the proc rate 75% or 100%?

Skill boosts are additive, so 100%. It's also why 100% is the cap for skill frequency % increases. Have fun grinding chapter 1-5 for 1stam skillups. Looks to be about 2-3%/hour.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

Tsurupettan posted:

When you complete the tutorial you get 5 energy to spend. There's also the code for 5 more. You finish the tutorial, spend the 10 energy, and then clear the app data if you don't get anything good.

Thanks, I didn't check my inbox, so I didn't see the energy. I just scored Lewto the Keeper (SS) and Eileen the Songstress (A). Are they decent? OK, just saw that someone above got Lewto, as well.

Guess I'll keep two games going, one on iPhone and another on iPad. Not super happy with my party on the iPad, but I don't know if I want to do the first three chapters over again.

Duranki fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 12, 2014

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Lewto is one of the 4 SS mages, you're good to go.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
After nearly giving up with around 20 rerolls (I know, that's not even close to too many) I went and pulled the fire and dark SS mages :stare:.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Wow double SS and the best ones, you're set for life pretty much.

If any of you draw double SS, just start the game regardless of character.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Today I logged in to mail from the DEV with 3 metal zone tickets. Anyone else get these?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Elswyyr posted:

Can I play this on Bluestacks or some other emulator?

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

So I just rolled Kana the Apothecary and Samupi the Handsome, on my iPad. I made a backup of my save via iFunbox, before I rolled. I'm guessing I can't just restore from this, if I want to reroll? I assume not, otherwise people wouldn't be redoing the tutorial over and over.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Huh, bosses can drop and be added to your party. I picked up a cybergolem this way. Only a class B, but that's ok.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Played through the first three chapters, seems fun. Trouble is, I've rerolled six times now and gotten one of the same two A-rank stonefolk every time. Don't remember the names, neither was anything special. Has anyone else experienced the same free pact showing up that many times in a row?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Notinghamington posted:

Today I logged in to mail from the DEV with 3 metal zone tickets. Anyone else get these?

https://twitter.com/terra_battle_en/status/521158978311446528

Launch was Oct 9th, so expect a lot of giveaways as the game is still in its infancy.

Rangpur posted:

Played through the first three chapters, seems fun. Trouble is, I've rerolled six times now and gotten one of the same two A-rank stonefolk every time. Don't remember the names, neither was anything special. Has anyone else experienced the same free pact showing up that many times in a row?

In rerolling, you'll get a lot of similar A-ranks for a while. The game just started and there are probably less than 60 B-class and up monsters available in the gacha. Maybe you'll end up like Fat Samurai and get a double SS roll.

(...Kill)

On a note of art, for people who have reached 3rd job or viewed the pics of it, there's quite a bit of body horror in this game. Grace gets a robo-arm, Amina turns into a robot, Lewto puts his spirit beast inside of his stomach butthole. What goes down in the world of Terra!?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Amina reminds me of like a cross between Aigis and Orianna. I think it's cool as gently caress.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Someone reported being able to reroll using bluestacks + autohotkey, but I haven't heard of anyone actually playing the game normally on Bluestacks - sounds like trying to do so would suck anyways.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I guess that twitter code isn't working anymore?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Postal Parcel posted:

On a note of art, for people who have reached 3rd job or viewed the pics of it, there's quite a bit of body horror in this game. Grace gets a robo-arm, Amina turns into a robot, Lewto puts his spirit beast inside of his stomach butthole. What goes down in the world of Terra!?

yeah but robot amina at least gets pants, so it's a win in my book

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Wachepti posted:

I guess that twitter code isn't working anymore?

This post is wrong.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
What does it mean when a skill says, "Pincer Area"?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Everything in the current attack that has been pincered will have a 3x3 area dropped on it. The damage doesn't stack, but it makes great killing fields.

Example: > and < are the pincering units, 0 is something hit by the attack.
pre:
If a normal attack is >0<
Pincer Area is 000
               >0<

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 13, 2014

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Holy crap! That sounds really useful.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Yay, for those endlessly rerolling, don't give up hope!

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Ah but you got Bahl instead of Grace, better chuck that one in the bin sorry.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

SilverMike posted:

Everything in the current attack that has been pincered will have a 3x3 area dropped on it. The damage doesn't stack, but it makes great killing fields.

Example: > and < are the pincering units, 0 is something hit by the attack.
pre:
If a normal attack is >0<
Pincer Area is 000
               >0<

This is mostly the case, however this game doesn't note when something is pincer (3x3 as mentioned above) and pincer (column) or pincer (row). All of the SS mages get 5 pincer attacks, however one is column and one is row -- in both cases, they're the 20% spells with the exact same name as the original pincer ones. The way those work is that they do the same 3x3 area as the original, but also extend the entire column or entire row.

All 5 pincer attacks from one mage will stack in terms of damage, but each shoots off individually -- so you can't chain all of them to hit row and column, it will only be that specific spell.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
After rerolling for the whole day I managed to get two SS ranks, Gaiga and Gugba. They seem pretty bad and all the good stuff is in their third jobs. Is unlocking third (and second I guess) jobs super hard for these guys? Or should I keep rerolling for a mage or healer?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

On my 8th or 9th try, I pulled Amisandra. I was hoping for one of the guys with Levitate, but eh. Good enough, I'm tired of replaying the tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

cpaf posted:

Ah but you got Bahl instead of Grace, better chuck that one in the bin sorry.

Is Bahl bad? I just got her with a 5 energy pull, but I started with Grace.

• Locked thread