Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd probably roll with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Samatha plus a Class B. Yea or nay? I haven't rerolled enough yet to be truly sick of it.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

I got Czekras and Samupi (SS and A respectively). Are either any good?

Czekras has a delay like echidna from P&D and he's the only character in the game with the spell, although it's deep in his evolution tree and I don't think it works against bosses. He wont be doing much damage until level 15 when he gets his 80% activation frost spell, but he'll do a lot of the heavy lifting after that.

Samupi is a ghetto Yukken with access to all three weapons and by all accounts is very useful and versatile.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

cpaf posted:

Czekras has a delay like echidna from P&D and he's the only character in the game with the spell, although it's deep in his evolution tree and I don't think it works against bosses. He wont be doing much damage until level 15 when he gets his 80% activation frost spell, but he'll do a lot of the heavy lifting after that.

Samupi is a ghetto Yukken with access to all three weapons and by all accounts is very useful and versatile.

It's funny cause I rerolled hoping for one of those mages and instead got Yukken and Sorman.
I think I'll stick with those, they'll basically be good throughout the entire game, right?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yukken is awesome, but Sorman is a bit of overkill since you'll get a free Kuzcah and starting with two healers will be a bit slow. I'd probably pick the Czekras account over it, but both are fine if you're getting sick of rerolling.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
I was fortunate enough to roll a Lewto on my second attempt. Also got a R'zonand, but he seems pretty useless at the moment. I'm gonna optimistically assume he's a late bloomer.

kontona
May 3, 2003

enjoying this game a lot more than i thought i would.

is there any news about the when the arena stuff is going to be released?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Just got by first SS reroll as a Zerro which is nice. I also got an A class dude named S'naip that looks decent enough. I take it this should be a good enough roll and go with it.

Kind of funny how I always seem to roll dark mons in all the IAP games for my initial "rare" roll. Hopefully dark elemental isn't as undesirable of a top tier mon as they usually were in PaD

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kontona posted:

enjoying this game a lot more than i thought i would.

is there any news about the when the arena stuff is going to be released?

I'm pretty sure arena play will only be through bluetooth, and not full online play.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 14, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

Just got by first SS reroll as a Zerro which is nice. I also got an A class dude named S'naip that looks decent enough. I take it this should be a good enough roll and go with it.

Kind of funny how I always seem to roll dark mons in all the IAP games for my initial "rare" roll. Hopefully dark elemental isn't as undesirable of a top tier mon as they usually were in PaD

Ahah, I just bought $10 of energy to commemorate this roll and got another dark SS, Gaiga. It really is happening, drat.
I also rolled a Nakupi and a Pahrl, which are okay I guess.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Samatha plus a Class B. Yea or nay? I haven't rerolled enough yet to be truly sick of it.

Anyone? (sorry for being that guy) :D

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone? (sorry for being that guy) :D

Samatha is useful immediately when she hits 15 (which won't be too long). If you didn't have the twitter code promotion I'd say go wild and start now but it's your call.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Samatha is useful immediately when she hits 15 (which won't be too long). If you didn't have the twitter code promotion I'd say go wild and start now but it's your call.

Which code is that? The one for 5 energy?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

Which code is that? The one for 5 energy?

Yeah, sorry - I think that's the Twitter one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rerolled and got Jennish and A'merpact. I know Jennish is one of those amazing SS wizards and apparently A'merpact is good too. So I think I'm sticking with these guys.

.random
May 7, 2007

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Any word on SSfests/godfests? I'm hoarding my energy.

Oh god, didn't think of this... Do these exist (in the JP version, I guess)?

I rolled twice so far (beyond my initial 10 stamina). All told, I got Jennish, 2 B's, and an A (Ka'pori)... Everyone but Jennish seems like a total waste?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

IntelligibleChoir posted:

Anyone know of a good place to get the apk file for non-us players?

the apk is widely available now just remember you needthe .obb file too.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Fist pump at the gold slip then this:

At least the duplicate Grace didn't give me false hope :suicide:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

.random posted:

Oh god, didn't think of this... Do these exist (in the JP version, I guess)?

I rolled twice so far (beyond my initial 10 stamina). All told, I got Jennish, 2 B's, and an A (Ka'pori)... Everyone but Jennish seems like a total waste?

We're together with the JP version, so not yet

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
Is there anything I can do with the junk monsters I keep getting or do they just sit in my collection forever?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

DaveWoo posted:

Screw rerolling, I'm sticking with the meat lance dude :colbert:

Oh hey, I've got a Parhl, too! No idea how good she is, though.

So far Parhl has been kicking some rear end as a good backup bow user to support O'pari in my team! I got a Korin, too, the little boy with the giant red sword? He's uh... He just seems like Bahl with a self-heal, his stats are OK I guess?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hmm, looking at the download-starter for this I notice that at the 2 million milestone begins the development for a console version. I wonder how that will work.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

After playing a bit and getting another 5 energy for a third pull I got Purope.

I've got Piz'fer (SS), Purope (S) and a Grace from the start (Grace dupe from second energy pull)

Is it going to be tough playing along with two mages as the only rare mons?

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

InfinityComplex posted:

Hmm, looking at the download-starter for this I notice that at the 2 million milestone begins the development for a console version. I wonder how that will work.

It's supposed to be an RPG built in the same world as Terra Battle. Matsuno has literally never made a bad game, so I'm hoping for his involvement in a large way. Basically ChronOgre Fantasy: Tactics is my dream here.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005

shiatza posted:

I've got Piz'fer (SS), Purope (S) and a Grace from the start (Grace dupe from second energy pull)

Mages are fast-track to easy-mode. Once you get their second jobs and more boost %, you'll be flinging off more damage than you know what to do with. Just early levels might be tough when you don't hit a skill.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Happy to hear that. I would've been pretty bummed if I had to restart because of wanting to get a good start early on.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Lonely Wizard posted:

It's supposed to be an RPG built in the same world as Terra Battle. Matsuno has literally never made a bad game, so I'm hoping for his involvement in a large way. Basically ChronOgre Fantasy: Tactics is my dream here.

Don't forget it'll have Sakaguchi and Nobuo on board too

And maybe even Amano

It's like the stars are aligning.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Welp, I got Yukken and Rikken on my 4th reroll.
I think I'll just stick with this.

I'm not loving myself over too bad without the mages, am I?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Welp, I got Yukken and Rikken on my 4th reroll.
I think I'll just stick with this.

I'm not loving myself over too bad without the mages, am I?

I did fine up to chapter 4 without any mages until I pulled Daiana and started crushing everything.

Don't be afraid to use the monsters/generic units, they're not that much worse than uniques if you have holes in your party you need to fill.

Overall I don't see the point to rerolling when skill and party comp carries you further than individual characters so far, it looks like Kuscah fills the only role you'd want to reroll constantly for b/c this poo poo would be impossible without a healer. :shrug:

Basically what I've seen(and the OP seems to confirm) is that This isn't P&D, you won't be hosed over just for having B or even C ranks, and SS characters are just going to take more EXP to get up to speed. Focus on your technique and filling party roles and let the energy pulls do what they will. But that's just my opinion.

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 14, 2014

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
So far I have rerolled so many times I have lost count. I have gotten 2 SS on separate accounts: Rikkun and Amimari.

Are either of them worthwhile enough to start with?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

Overall I don't see the point to rerolling when skill and party comp carries you further than individual characters so far, it looks like Kuscah fills the only role you'd want to reroll constantly for b/c this poo poo would be impossible without a healer. :shrug:

Well then I feel pretty good then.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Cruseydr posted:

So far I have rerolled so many times I have lost count. I have gotten 2 SS on separate accounts: Rikkun and Amimari.

Are either of them worthwhile enough to start with?

Amimari seems to be a good battle-medic type but she's gonna be competing with Kuscah for party space until you can job her into something that can actually hit hard, unless you wanna field two healers.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Anyone have any tips for killing king slimes? I really don't get how to fight these big enemies since they keep shoving my guys out of formation.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Anyone have any tips for killing king slimes? I really don't get how to fight these big enemies since they keep shoving my guys out of formation.

Get really good at shoving your guys around with other guys, and remember that chaining(same row/column with no obstructions) party members can make up for having to use a healer or mage to initiate the attack.

Oh and the big guys let you get two, even three attacks off per turn if your flanking is done well! I'd make and upload a replay video, but that feature isn't implemented yet and I have no acceptable way of capturing my tablet screen. Alternatively, you could try just focusing on chaining attacks onto a dedicated attack team of two characters.

Oh and one last thing: The circle of carnage is so important seriously you can do so much more damage if you attack with weapon advantage seriously do it do it do it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Was "weapon triangle" copyrighted or something?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

Was "weapon triangle" copyrighted or something?

I don't think so, I think it's just that circle of carnage sounds so much cooler and emphasizes the weird post-apocalyptic-everything-is-fighting-and-hell-and-monsters plot.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a way I can play the same account on both my tablet and my phone? Both Android if that matters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
edit: ask and your problem shall resolve itself

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 14, 2014

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a way I can play the same account on both my tablet and my phone? Both Android if that matters.

I don't think so, at least not without doing a device transfer each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

shiatza posted:

Not really later on you will be grinding for monster drops, one SS mage and monster/dragon drops are also a valid late game team.

• Locked thread