Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Noaloha posted:

Any thoughts on teams in more general terms? For those who are chugging ahead, or who played the soft-launch, at what point does it become critical to field teams that make use of the sword/archer/spear and elemental etc. systems? I was lucky enough to roll an SS-class ice mage (frog guy) and A-class fire mage (lady drunkard) when I started, so a team of 2x AOE mage, 1x healer, 1x sword, 1x Spear, 1x Arrow seems balanced enough. With the ability to pre-set multiple teams though I'm expecting targeted squads to become a thing at some point.

Since each level tell you what enemy types are on the field, I feel like rotating specialized squads is the "right" thing to do. That said, Grace with Megabow (Area) murders everyone indiscriminately so that may only go so far.

I'm in desperate need of spear users but I don't want to blow all my coins on poo poo monsters or any real money on energy until they do some kind of pull event. I guess just leveling my guys with the best skills in metal zone is what I'm about for now. The metal zone and puppet fight is an awesome alternative to just farming xp and evo mats, even if it ultimately boils down to push button get thing. At least it feels different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Job up Hammerpact, Dainna, or Ba'gunar with my first 3 sea tears? I have Lewto and a couple good bow users so I wonder how redundant more fire would be. I'm not really sure how Ba'gunar stacks up against other swords and I don't see any particular weakness in Pact other than a second ice spell a little later than Lewto. Thoughts?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

bathroomrage posted:

Hammerpact or Daiana, Daiana gains a bow when she jobs up, and Hammerpact is just super good

Best Bagunar get in Job 2 is Outflank which is real nice but not as good as more ice spells flying around.

Thanks. With S'naip and O'pari already, do you think just moreeeee iceeeeeee?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Bahamut first try last week and caladbolg first try this week. Strong work, RNG, strong work.

E: Just pulled Zuzu and Bonna with my free energy as well. drat this game likes me today.

Clockwork Beast! fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 31, 2014

• Locked thread