Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

izumi looking drat good at the end of this episode

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

aroused, presumably

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

apparently there are two episodes today

wow!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i post this not for the typo, but the innuendo

Also i do not like the girl who's only purpose in the narrative is to go "but are you really shinichi?!?!?".

i feel if she suddenly became interesting i'd be like, "are you really boring girl?" because that would be as drastic of a change as shinichi's.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hocus Pocus posted:

I was sure they were going to acknowledge that people who just had a limb taken are still human, but able to identify other parasites, and could potentially be recruited to cooperate with the authorities. But maybe the non brain occupying parasites are unknown to them?

yeah they presumably have no idea this is even a thing yet

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

They.... covered that in the episode. They'll go for your eyebrows or nose hairs apparently.

My thing is, why didn't the girl tell her brother that paint-thinner fucks up a parasyte's cells?
I'd be spraying everybody if I knew that secret.

as far as he knows all the paint thinner did was buy enough time to jump out the window. she didn't really have a chance to notice just how much it hosed him up.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I wish the other girl died instead of Kana, one of them's about 3x more likeable and interesting than the other.

why would you say something like that?

are you... are you really TheKingOfSprings-kun?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's that she is a completely static character who spends most of her time repeating a thematic point that is quite frankly, probably too heavy-handed even without her

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Maybe it's just been so long since I've read the manga but I don't remember Murano being so one note in the original. She probably was and I just forgot tho.

afaik this is a super straight forward adaptation

probably just seems like less time is spent on her when you can just quickly read through her scenes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you probably couldn't axe her entirely but she doesn't need nearly this much screentime, and you could easily give her the same role in the plot while giving her something approaching a character of her own

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's two? episodes from the end, the show is covering the entire thing

(are there 24,25 or 26 episodes?)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

People think its a bad adaptation in japan, its not really about appeal

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

overall it was a good show but not a great show and if some asks me if i've seen parasyte i'll be like, yeah, it was pretty cool i guess

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Did this show do well at all in Japan?

i'd be surprised, since everything i heard suggested that japan considered it to be a bad adaptation. (they like the original though)

• Locked thread