Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seems like they toned it down a bit. If I remember correctly, in the manga the exposition about the serial killer had a panel of him loving a headless corpse to illustrate, but in the anime they were just like "he's a serial killer" and moved on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hah, they pretty much cut out the really gross thing from the manga entirely.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
No, I'm talking about when they go into the serial killer's backstory and show him loving a decapitated corpse. I dig gory stuff but man I'm glad they skipped that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Twiddy posted:

So at this point is he literally the parasite version of that one thought experiment where you keep patching up holes in a sock until none of the original exists anymore? Can parasites even do that?

Ahahaha holy poo poo he is a Ship of Theseus, I love this goofy loving show.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Him passing the hair test indicates that there's a human brain, which is really all they care about.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm an episode behind and catching up, and man, they pulled off that sex scene really well. It got the point across without being fanservicey at all, which was really unexpected since the manga didn't show the same restraint iirc.

It didn't feel gratuitous there either, but I feel even more comfortable saying that about how the anime handled it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I felt like Migi dying was pretty dramatic and emotional, honestly.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean we still have 2 eps to go.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just realized that Migi-dong in the anime has an eye and a little mouth on it. :kimchi:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah that actually sounds unironically amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I don't remember the old Guyver OVA being that badly animated. Then again, I also have a little bit of a different perspective, ever since I found out it's not unheard of for old OVAs to have been made on a smaller budget than one episode of an average TV anime. I tend to cut old OVAs a little more slack than I probably should as a result of that.

• Locked thread