Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

don't even need to inscribe it since they all poors they fight for it no matter what it don't say

This is what the refrance

If it's not inscribed, their self-serving, hypocritical posturing will not be as blatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I wish that I knew some of those people that are super sensitive about pronouns.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
wow as a social justice worker i really am owned op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
"if you have enough time to concern yourself with the problems of the world, you have enough time to get another job, son"

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
when all comedy has been banned you will learn that "that's offensive" won't make people laugh

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

if women equal then why cant have orgasm in anus?

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

if Finland is real country, then why it doesn't have nuclear weapons?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If racism against white people is impossible, how do you explain "cracker?"

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
When does it end? When do we turn the tide away from social justice? If things go much farther with this SJW malarky I'm going to have to start getting consent for sex.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

hi oh dear i have fallen into the sjw trap i really should know better than to post all these words here especially because they will ruin all the comedy in this mine but gently caress it i wrote them and i'll be damned if i let shame stop me from :justpost:ing this in particular

if the ad lister is a girl they probably have encountered lots of guy roommates who try to bone them because they have really hosed up ideas about boundaries and what living together with someone of the opposite sex entitles them to (directly traceable to sexism against women). justified prejudice isn't actually great either from my point of view but considering the stakes of being constantly sexually harassed or possibly assaulted/raped it's low priority to eliminate the prejudice compared to eliminating the justification in the first place by making it more clear on a societal level those ideas of sexual entitlement are Not Okay. similarly in my ideal world it would be nice for people to not force anyone on a sex offender registry to live under a bridge even if the offense in question was diddling a 17 year old as an 18 year old or urinating in public, but considering the fear is that a 40 year old convicted pedophile can just walk around at a little league game and take photos of wank bait/targets like nothing was wrong with them being there, I can understand the concerns about doing less to impede that sort of thing

• "If Miku twerked would it be cultural appropriation?"

I don't know who that is and cultural appropriation isn't really my area of 'expertise'/care so sorry? I guess it's kind of dumb that white people import culture because they have no culture of their own that isn't poo poo and also because it's so foreign and weird rather than because it has merit in itself or something, but it's been going on too long and resulted in too many neat things like rock 'n roll for me to care all that much in general compared to poo poo that's actually physically/mentally hurting people in other countries, like the bit where quinoa isn't really affordable for brazillians to eat anymore due to the prices going insanely high from all the westerners eating it, forcing them to eat lots of corn-based poo poo and turning them into fat US southerners. there's not really any specific person or group to get mad at with that kind of poo poo though, it's just depressing as gently caress especially since quinoa is incredibly tasty

• "If men can't be raped why are you so mad about prison rape jokes?"

men can totally be raped. what actually really, really sucks about rapes against men is that because of hosed up ideas about gender they probably go largely unreported even when it's one of those studies that gives responders complete anonymity because a man who admits he was raped is considered by a lot of otherwise 'normal' people to either be pretty unmanly for being too weak to resist the rapist or being completely incapable of not enjoying the rape. granted we still have lots of people who say those things about rapes against women but they're much more often correctly identified as having really hosed up ideas about women nowadays and while it's still a struggle to stamp them out entirely there's at least wide recognition that such views are Not Okay. rapes against men on the other hand are so invisible even some (imo, BAD) feminists think they're impossible for the reasons I noted

• something about pronouns

the only sane way to deal with pronouns is on a person-by-person basis, if you never meet anyone in person whose gender is obfuscated or hard to tell you don't have to care at all. if you do meet someone in person whose gender you can't tell or who asks you to please call them by the opposite pronouns of what they 'should' be called in your point of view, you don't have to respect that wish but they don't have to consider you an upstanding person of merit as opposed to an rear end in a top hat either. it's a very common form of assholery for trans or otherwise alternately gendered people to encounter and that's why SJWs get upset over it but really, you're not going to meet any of these people most likely in anything more than a fleeting sense so who gives a gently caress? be your dick self if that's what you want, but if you want to be polite you should respect their wishes even if you don't get it. also OH YEAH you don't actually have to use any pronouns when addressing this hypothetical person directly so that will make it even easier to hold a conversation with them if they decide to chat with you while waiting for the bus. you can make up their gender later if you really feel like talking about the experience with somebody else instead of just letting it go and not bothering to wonder if that really was a bearded lady or a man with fake boobs.

i like your use of the sjw Capitalizing Phrases Meme to give them More Gravity And Implied Importance. very spot-on impression.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

When does it end? When do we turn the tide away from social justice? If things go much farther with this SJW malarky I'm going to have to start getting consent for sex.

Trixie the way you phrased that and several of your previous posts it almost seems like the joke is actually meant to be... on us?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Applewhite posted:

Trixie the way you phrased that and several of your previous posts it almost seems like the joke is actually meant to be... on us?

lol at this homo

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
doesn't the use of the word "warrior" imply A.maleness and B.violence? makes u think

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

where does the irony end or begin. truly we post in a nightmare.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

don't fatshame MY COCK (it's big)

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

BKPR posted:

disney princesses re-imagined as big, fat white cocks

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
when a person is misgendered it's Not Okay(you can tell I'm serious because I capitalize it. it is actual a legal technique dating back to maritime court)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

If sexual equality is your goal, why don't I have equal right to have sex with you?

Of all the stuff in the thread, this is making me laugh the hardest, and feel the most guilty over.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Are the "fat is beautiful" people part of the SJW scene, or do SJWs just roll their eyes at them too?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BKPR posted:

hmm cellulite dick over here

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Das Boo posted:

SJW hate straight white guys for being born as three things they didn't have a choice in.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Rapman the Cook posted:

People who use the term SJW need to be killed just like fedora wearers and bronies.

It's to the point where the only people who use the term SJW are assholes talking about how they hate those drat SJW/feminists/REAL racists when really they're upset at a couple strawmen and choice arguments made by literal crazy people. ANyone who conflates feminism with someone's "kill all men" tumblr needs to actually be killed.

ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
SJW's are creeping back in

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

It's to the point where the only people who use the term SJW are assholes talking about how they hate those drat SJW/feminists/REAL racists when really they're upset at a couple strawmen and choice arguments made by literal crazy people. ANyone who conflates feminism with someone's "kill all men" tumblr needs to actually be killed.

nice no true scotsman :rolleyes:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Das Boo posted:

SJW hate straight white guys for being born as three things they didn't have a choice in.

noice

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

hi oh dear i have fallen into the sjw trap i really should know better than to post all these words here especially because they will ruin all the comedy in this mine but gently caress it i wrote them and i'll be damned if i let shame stop me from :justpost:ing this in particular

if the ad lister is a girl they probably have encountered lots of guy roommates who try to bone them because they have really hosed up ideas about boundaries and what living together with someone of the opposite sex entitles them to (directly traceable to sexism against women). justified prejudice isn't actually great either from my point of view but considering the stakes of being constantly sexually harassed or possibly assaulted/raped it's low priority to eliminate the prejudice compared to eliminating the justification in the first place by making it more clear on a societal level those ideas of sexual entitlement are Not Okay. similarly in my ideal world it would be nice for people to not force anyone on a sex offender registry to live under a bridge even if the offense in question was diddling a 17 year old as an 18 year old or urinating in public, but considering the fear is that a 40 year old convicted pedophile can just walk around at a little league game and take photos of wank bait/targets like nothing was wrong with them being there, I can understand the concerns about doing less to impede that sort of thing

• "If Miku twerked would it be cultural appropriation?"

I don't know who that is and cultural appropriation isn't really my area of 'expertise'/care so sorry? I guess it's kind of dumb that white people import culture because they have no culture of their own that isn't poo poo and also because it's so foreign and weird rather than because it has merit in itself or something, but it's been going on too long and resulted in too many neat things like rock 'n roll for me to care all that much in general compared to poo poo that's actually physically/mentally hurting people in other countries, like the bit where quinoa isn't really affordable for brazillians to eat anymore due to the prices going insanely high from all the westerners eating it, forcing them to eat lots of corn-based poo poo and turning them into fat US southerners. there's not really any specific person or group to get mad at with that kind of poo poo though, it's just depressing as gently caress especially since quinoa is incredibly tasty

• "If men can't be raped why are you so mad about prison rape jokes?"

men can totally be raped. what actually really, really sucks about rapes against men is that because of hosed up ideas about gender they probably go largely unreported even when it's one of those studies that gives responders complete anonymity because a man who admits he was raped is considered by a lot of otherwise 'normal' people to either be pretty unmanly for being too weak to resist the rapist or being completely incapable of not enjoying the rape. granted we still have lots of people who say those things about rapes against women but they're much more often correctly identified as having really hosed up ideas about women nowadays and while it's still a struggle to stamp them out entirely there's at least wide recognition that such views are Not Okay. rapes against men on the other hand are so invisible even some (imo, BAD) feminists think they're impossible for the reasons I noted

• something about pronouns

the only sane way to deal with pronouns is on a person-by-person basis, if you never meet anyone in person whose gender is obfuscated or hard to tell you don't have to care at all. if you do meet someone in person whose gender you can't tell or who asks you to please call them by the opposite pronouns of what they 'should' be called in your point of view, you don't have to respect that wish but they don't have to consider you an upstanding person of merit as opposed to an rear end in a top hat either. it's a very common form of assholery for trans or otherwise alternately gendered people to encounter and that's why SJWs get upset over it but really, you're not going to meet any of these people most likely in anything more than a fleeting sense so who gives a gently caress? be your dick self if that's what you want, but if you want to be polite you should respect their wishes even if you don't get it. also OH YEAH you don't actually have to use any pronouns when addressing this hypothetical person directly so that will make it even easier to hold a conversation with them if they decide to chat with you while waiting for the bus. you can make up their gender later if you really feel like talking about the experience with somebody else instead of just letting it go and not bothering to wonder if that really was a bearded lady or a man with fake boobs.

im straight

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Verisimilidude posted:

I believe you can get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich just as well as any boy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Verisimilidude posted:

ANyone who conflates feminism with someone's "kill all men" tumblr needs to actually be killed.

behead ppl who say islam is violent

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
release a flock of genders into the school labelled 1,2 and 4

when they look for the third gender call them a truscum shitlord

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
OP I wanted to say that was a pretty good OP and I'm sorry about how this thread turned out

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
i dunno they kinda raise some good points

like killing all men

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the best part about sjw threads are the thin-skinned unironic sjws and apologists who say if you use the word sjw you are an mra libertarian redditor

just lol @ the zero self awareness

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 9, 2014

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

LifeSizePotato posted:

the best part about sjw threads are the thin-skinned unironic sjws and apologists who say if you use the word sjw you are an mra libertarian redditor

thinskinned people in GBS?? why, i never saw such a thing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lonesomedwarf posted:

fick, poo poo and balls,

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
those other guys exactly like me with the same vaguely demonstrated 'ironic' veneer over absolutely sincere and humorless burning rage regarding Internet identity politics as me who I'm endlessly trading weak interchangeable burns with in every thread are such losers

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
social justice is cool and important and difficult to achieve

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Azraelle posted:

have 3 pigs labeled #1 #2 and #3 and put them in computer office. computer people will spend all day trying find pig #0

a good post

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Applewhite posted:

This is what the refrance

If it's not inscribed, their self-serving, hypocritical posturing will not be as blatant.

I KNOW U FAT JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST LIKE I DONT "GET" MYTHS OR TROJAN WARS FUUUUUCK

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
who is that dog in the mirror

what is he doing in my house

gently caress that rear end in a top hat right in his stupid face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

OP I wanted to say that was a pretty good OP and I'm sorry about how this thread turned out

Thanks guy.

• Locked thread