Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
#1:
A Himishe Brooklyn kosher bakarey hired a new mashgiach kashrus. the mashgiach came for his first through visit. he went through every part and everything was 100% fine. then he goes to check the ovens, etc. and everythings fine.
he wants to check all parts of the oven, and every bakery has doors in the back & sides of the oven to be able to remove a burning bread in middle of baking.
the mashgiach asks to open all these little doors so that he can peek inside...
lo and behold, they found a gentile workers meat lunch sandwich being kept warm inside this little door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff happens more often then we would like to think about. this is what happens when you employ goyim in Jewish food establishments. additionally usually the employees aren't that intelligent so even if you tell them NOT to do something they will likely forget and do it again. remember to them it seems like no big deal its "only" a sandwich in an oven my gosh what's the big deal?!

im jealous of Jews that never purchased anything from a bakery or takeout in their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

this threads going to the gas chamber

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

no offence OP, i just don't understand any jokes about jewish people so they should be exterminated

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A family we were friendly with growing up had the following happen: The mother got sick and ended up in the hospital. She was diagnosed and treated, and while explaining the illness, it came up that this particular illness come from pork. So of course she asked, well what else can it come from? The doctor said maybe if you visited a certain country. So she says, there's got to be another way, I have never visited that country and I've never eaten pork. The doctor says well maybe you unknowingly ate pork. The family did a little digging and found that their housekeeper, who they also allowed to cook their meals, would often eat her pork enchilada for lunch and then handle food preparation for the family. Scary, from both a kashrus and a hygenic perspective...

That being said, there's only so much you can do. You need only follow halacha meticulously. Chumras are ok too but you can rely on them from today until tomorrow, and there will still be a way for mishaps to happen. Do your part, but no need to drive yourself crazy with hypotheticals. Daven that Hashem should protect you from inadvertently eating non-kosher food.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cream_Filling posted:

A family we were friendly with growing up had the following happen: The mother got sick and ended up in the hospital. She was diagnosed and treated, and while explaining the illness, it came up that this particular illness come from pork. So of course she asked, well what else can it come from? The doctor said maybe if you visited a certain country. So she says, there's got to be another way, I have never visited that country and I've never eaten pork. The doctor says well maybe you unknowingly ate pork. The family did a little digging and found that their housekeeper, who they also allowed to cook their meals, would often eat her pork enchilada for lunch and then handle food preparation for the family. Scary, from both a kashrus and a hygenic perspective...

That being said, there's only so much you can do. You need only follow halacha meticulously. Chumras are ok too but you can rely on them from today until tomorrow, and there will still be a way for mishaps to happen. Do your part, but no need to drive yourself crazy with hypotheticals. Daven that Hashem should protect you from inadvertently eating non-kosher food.

sounds like you guys just got baby stomachs like vegans.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
and what do we learn from the above mentioned story, which i shared?

NEVER EVER LET YOUR GOYTER WORK IN YOUR KITCHEN!!!! you are taking a major risk. Don't fool yourself. Is it worth it just for a bit of housekeeping?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
oy this is anuddah shoah!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
how tall are you man lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Cream_Filling posted:

#1:
A Himishe Brooklyn kosher bakarey hired a new mashgiach kashrus. the mashgiach came for his first through visit. he went through every part and everything was 100% fine. then he goes to check the ovens, etc. and everythings fine.
he wants to check all parts of the oven, and every bakery has doors in the back & sides of the oven to be able to remove a burning bread in middle of baking.
the mashgiach asks to open all these little doors so that he can peek inside...
lo and behold, they found a gentile workers meat lunch sandwich being kept warm inside this little door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This stuff happens more often then we would like to think about. this is what happens when you employ goyim in Jewish food establishments. additionally usually the employees aren't that intelligent so even if you tell them NOT to do something they will likely forget and do it again. remember to them it seems like no big deal its "only" a sandwich in an oven my gosh what's the big deal?!

im jealous of Jews that never purchased anything from a bakery or takeout in their lives.

Fascinating.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Wendy's put cheese on my burger, so I had to find a knife to scrape it off. I'm sure G-d understands that going back to Wendy's while on the clock is not an option.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, as this is AMA about draconian hebrew law now, I'd like to point out that nobody was answering the question about emergency organ removal and the rules for burial after death...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I heard that a particular donut chain that has a questionable hashgocha used to serve a parve vegetarian bacon until once the State kashrus inspectors found that the non Jewish workers had erroniously accepted a delivery of real bacon. I understand that they no longer serve that product, but things are warmed up in microwaves and with no Jew present in the establishment. What would keep the workers from warming up their meals in the microwave.

Certainly you don't think that the d. donuts employees only eat donuts and coffee day in and day out.

Do you need donuts so badly that you'll compromise on kashrus?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Choco1980 posted:

So, as this is AMA about draconian hebrew law now, I'd like to point out that nobody was answering the question about emergency organ removal and the rules for burial after death...

Not having all your body parts for tchiyas Hameisim is one thing. What you give away when alive is still different from what is a part of a person when they die. Anything with too much blood on it ends up buried. I know that certain IV lines are not removed after death if the contain a certain amount of blood or will cause bleeding. The first time I lost a sister they wanted to take a biopsy after she died and we were told no. I think (I was young so I could be wrong) they got permission for a minimal amount of blood though because there was a need to determine if she had a certain infection, meaning the families health was a concern.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ratjaculation posted:

this threads going to the gas chamber

shut up

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
just wanted to add a good complimentary kashrus story. I was in Oh Nuts recently waiting in line after a customer who wanted some popcorn. Apparently, the machine was empty and had to be started in order to make a fresh batch of popcorn. The non-jewish saleslady then asked the customer to turn on the machine so that she could make a fresh batch! I was extremely impressed and want everyone to know about this incident!!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cream_Filling posted:

Not having all your body parts for tchiyas Hameisim is one thing. What you give away when alive is still different from what is a part of a person when they die. Anything with too much blood on it ends up buried. I know that certain IV lines are not removed after death if the contain a certain amount of blood or will cause bleeding. The first time I lost a sister they wanted to take a biopsy after she died and we were told no. I think (I was young so I could be wrong) they got permission for a minimal amount of blood though because there was a need to determine if she had a certain infection, meaning the families health was a concern.

So am I understanding you correctly that post death the body should be as untouched as possible? As someone who has received several cadaverous organ transplants, I find that concept troubling at best...

(I'm honestly interested in all this from the perspective of an agnostic)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Choco1980 posted:

So am I understanding you correctly that post death the body should be as untouched as possible? As someone who has received several cadaverous organ transplants, I find that concept troubling at best...

(I'm honestly interested in all this from the perspective of an agnostic)

Organ donations after death should be a Chiyuv because of Pikuach Nefesh. And in a case where there is no Jew in need of a kidney or lung, it is still a Chiyuv of Pikuach Nefesh Mishum Eivah. Even now, many countries won't send organs to Israel because too many Jews aren't donors. It's a complete Pikuach Nefesh. Hands down.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

I had a jewish babysitter, though I didn't realize the level of observance of the home. When I returned home,I noticed she brought her own mac and cheese mix(non kosher brand) and used my meat pot to cook it in. It also made me realize, what about people who have house keepers, and are not around, do they have any idea, that their hired help could possibly, making their kitchens trief?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

:mmmhmm:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

thats a terrible horror story

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Whenever a jew came into my food service job and asked if our poo poo was 'kosha' I would just say yea and keep my mouth shut about the bugs in most of the food.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
So is halal basically exactly the same as kosher except....

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

This is a good thread please post more stories.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

all the horror stories i can find are regarding the REDACTED

redshirt posted:

Halal has a pretty cool logo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
a good prank is to date a jew and cook food for them but always slip in a tiny bit of pork. they will die in sin

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I heard from someone I know who went to a store to get a coffee and is makpid on chalav yisrael and the store accommodates for this.When he asked for the chalav yisrael milk he watched to see what was going on and then he saw the person take a empty chalav yisrael bottle and fill it with chalav stam milk.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Ka$hru$ everything around me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Did you hear that story from Rav Belsky? He said it over in a Shiur a few years ago.

I wish I could say names but an aquaintance's friend was recently in a restaurant and he was shocked to be served a non Jewish wine! He called the Rav Hamachshir and was told, 'Oh, well you were a Shogeg, y'know'.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Was working as a mashgiach in a not so well known kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to begin my shift at 4pm. Supper preparations were well under way. The Rav Hamachshir happened to come in with me. He saw something on the grill and asked the mashgiach who was going off shift what was on the grill. He replied, they are grilling burgers for dinner. He was promptly fired. (They were kashering livers!)

For every "horror story", there are thousands of vigilant mashgichim making sure you are not eating treif daily. Dont panic. :)

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
HOW TO STOP JEWISH TERRORISTS . . . it worked once in our History . . .

Once in US history an episode of Jewish terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Jewish terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The US soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Jewish terrorists won't make them flinch. They welcome the chance to die for Yahweh. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Jewish heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

Subject: How to end the war quickly if you have absolutely no respect for pigs!

An Arabic friend recently informed me that the UK fought the Jewish terrorist attacks by burying the criminals with a pig. Apparently the Jewish belief is that if ones' body is buried with a pig (because they are considered unclean) their soul will go to hell. I did a little research into this subject matter and found it to be true. This got me thinking.

If we put a baby pig on every airline flight then all suicide terrorists would abort their missions as they would not want their souls to go to hell. Additionally, if we drop shipped, oh say, 100,000 pigs into Afghanistan I think our recon and assault efforts may be more successful. Apparently Jews dislike the very sight of pigs A LOT!

They are also adamantly opposed to alcohol, thus we spike their water supply with a few thousand gallons of moonshine, get them drunk and turn the pigs loose. The war would be over in a weekend.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Cream_Filling posted:

I heard from someone I know who went to a store to get a coffee and is makpid on chalav yisrael and the store accommodates for this.When he asked for the chalav yisrael milk he watched to see what was going on and then he saw the person take a empty chalav yisrael bottle and fill it with chalav stam milk.

prolly cuz no one in a coffee shop knows what that nonsense means

Jew: "can I get this chalav yisrael??"
Barista: "uhhhh sure one chai latte whatever you want"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I was in a deli the other day when I ordered a loaf of challah, and the latino guy working the counter corrects me, saying it's called "cha-lah". Now I may be as observant as Mr. Magoo, but even I know that's wrong. Who's hiring these people?

*waits awkwardly by stool in front of red brick wall for laughs*

And what about these black boxes? It's the only thing that ever survives the flight, so why not build the plane out of whatever they make the black box with?

*a man coughs*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ashgromnies posted:

prolly cuz no one in a coffee shop knows what that nonsense means

Jew: "can I get this chalav yisrael??"
Barista: "uhhhh sure one chai latte whatever you want"

the Shulchan Aruch (Yoreh De’ah 115:1) rules that a Jew may consume only chalav Yisrael milk — milk produced with a Torah-observant Jewish person present (The Jew has to be at the production but need not actually participate.)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

There's a huge difference between the two and the jew woman who tried to explain that had me completely lost because I kept trying to pronounce halal like a jew and I couldn't keep a straight face.

E: masters of comedy

Sponge Baathist fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 9, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im not anti semitic, i just dont think they should be allowed to post on this forum or live in this country

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the assumption is that every kosher jewish family has a housekeeper

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Were ancient Jews as annoying as modern ones?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

jarofpiss posted:

Were ancient Jews as annoying as modern ones?

worse i'm guessing

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

worse i'm guessing

you know they really ought to take a look through history and wonder "if every culture/civilization throughout history has persecuted us, maybe it's because we're terrible?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
At least two other moms from my kids' schools buy "dairy out" from a non-kosher pizza place when they're too tired to cook. One says that money is tight, and that kosher pizza is almost twice as expensive. The other says that its "just" a derabbanan since theres no unkosher meat, and they eat it on disposable plates. Also, her kids aren't yet bar/bas mitzvah and she doesnt eat it herself.

These friends of mine are otherwise frum women--their husbands (who apparently approve) wear black hats and give much tzedoka to mosdos here an in Eretz Yisroel. Their houses are otherwise glatt kosher, cholov yisroel, etc. I'm shocked this goes on in our community. How common is this? Our kids go to school together.Should I be exposing my kids to this sort of behavior?

• Locked thread