Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is great so far. VJeff taking this toxx like a champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it was so loving worth the wait :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gregor Samsa posted:

I expect this could be a 5,000 word post of its own, but I haven't paid much attention to the Penguins since they won the cup, really. Why does everybody talk about Dan Bylsma as Barry Melrose v2.0?

He had a team loaded with offensive talent and an at least not-terrible defense. But other than the Stanley Cup win, it seemed like they'd mostly cruise through the regular season, then collapse in the playoffs. Teams like Philadelphia and others would work out how to get under Pittsburgh's skin and get them off their game and it never seemed like he adjusted to that. Nothing ever goes perfectly in the playoffs for anyone and the successful teams are able to adjust and tweak themselves based on what they're facing.

E: Go have a look at their recent playoff series with the Islanders and Blue Jackets. By all rights they should have wiped out the Isles and won comfortably against the Jackets.

I can understand wanting to let amazing talents like Crosby and Malkin be free to do what they want, but it seemed like he was never able to build a lot of support around them.

Someone can put this much better than me but that's how I've always seen it.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 20, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stebe :3:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

btw, that Giroux joke is probably my favorite I've written so far, so I hope you guys liked it.

it was pretty great, i have to say

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I believe Al Montoya's ever-present moon on the back of his mask is a nod to his cuban heritage, which is really cool

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VJEFF EAT THE EGGS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Columbus Dispatch this morning says the Jackets have lost 136 man-games to injury this year already :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff noooooooo :(

• Locked thread