Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In'sawllah? Jesus. :gonk:

Chokes McGee posted:

...and that's the story of the Worst Christmas Party in History.

wooooooooooooow

This is the same Christmas party as referenced in the last LP and you're still not gonna elaborate on it, huh :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Every good story needs a noodle incident. Also I'm a little disappointed we don't have some sort of monster in the party. Seeing the weird things Dente came up with in the last LP was really fun.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Loving this so far, but is it just me, or is the resolution messed up on your screenshots? The pixels all seem to be different sizes.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I don't know much about this game, but I do know I have a pristine Nintendo Power somewhere in my dad's house that has a full walkthrough fort this game. I have no idea why I have it, since I never bought this one, nor any of the other games mentioned in the magazine.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Loving this so far, but is it just me, or is the resolution messed up on your screenshots? The pixels all seem to be different sizes.

Probably. It typically takes me a chapter or two to knock off the rust and get everything formulaic. I had thought I used all the right settings for IrfanView but welp!

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Also I'm a little disappointed we don't have some sort of monster in the party. Seeing the weird things Dente came up with in the last LP was really fun.

One of the many things I'm trying to do with this one is not repeat myself. I want these guys to be their own group, and the best ideas I saw for the other three slots were humanoid. We're missing out on monster evolution, yeah, but we can make up with it with a wider range of loadout themes.

There was absolutely zero doubt at any time in my mind that the lead character would be a robot. :getin:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
So I presume this game has a select/cancel exploit too? Yay you took Sara yay!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

This is the same Christmas party as referenced in the last LP and you're still not gonna elaborate on it, huh :mad:

There's still one more FFL game to go. Gotta have a hook to make sure we come back! (Not that it's needed, as Chokes McGee's story telling is plenty hook)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Camel Pimp posted:

So I presume this game has a select/cancel exploit too? Yay you took Sara yay!

Not as such. Like in Dawn of Souls, you actually have to perform the action in order to get credit for it, and, in SaGa fashion, even then it's only a chance of getting a stat boost.

That's not to say that there aren't exploits. They're just a lot harder to work than the original FF2's were.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Lady of the Saw, eh?

Hmmmmmmm....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Probably just a conicidence.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MShadowy posted:

Lady of the Saw, eh?

Hmmmmmmm....

The remaining 45 uses had to run out sooner or later...

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

I must be an old fuddy-duddy, because the first thing I thought when I saw that was "She'd better secure that hair if she wants to keep her face :colbert:"

Still, awesome.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

^^^ wow guess you're not the only fuddy-duddy :corsair:

MShadowy posted:

Lady of the Saw, eh?

Hmmmmmmm....

Bad things are gonna happen to Rezen if she don't get a hairnet or a hat with that saw running :ohdear:

(Man, two pages in and we get excellent art. Must be some kinda record.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MShadowy posted:

Lady of the Saw, eh?

Hmmmmmmm....

Yessssssssssss. It begins :doom:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Too bad you didn't use the translated DS version

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Siegkrow posted:

Too bad you didn't use the translated DS version

Much as I do love the "wrrr beep beep" robots in the DS version, we do it oldskool here. Always have, always will. :colbert:

DjinnAndTonic
Jun 1, 2010

"I don't have the energy to put up with idiots. She makes me want to punch kittens."
Having actually played this game, I'm still not sure how my mind should be interpreting what the Male Mutant sprite is supposed to look like. Some kinda harlequin helmet with batwings? Did he spill paint on his head?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DjinnAndTonic posted:

Having actually played this game, I'm still not sure how my mind should be interpreting what the Male Mutant sprite is supposed to look like. Some kinda harlequin helmet with batwings? Did he spill paint on his head?

Judging by the concept art, looks like the guy was intended to have a cyber-eye.

For no reason.

(Before anyone accuses this of being from the US manual, no; the art there was even more incomprehensible.)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

KataraniSword posted:

Judging by the concept art, looks like the guy was intended to have a cyber-eye.

:eyepop: Akira Toriyama needed some pocket change apparently.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

So aside from possible connections from your narrative, are FFL and FFL2 actually connected in anyway? Or are they like most FF games where they are only connected by name?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This is a good day. This is already a good LP.

Good to see you back at it, chokes. You can always do the 'whirrr beep beep' in your head as you move around the world map.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Carry on my wayward 'bot
There'll be peace when you have fought
Turn your weary circuits off
Don't you rust no more

Once I passed through the cave with Mister S
My friends had already gone and said yes
I hear the voices in my mem'ry bank
I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward 'bot
Don't you rust no more

Masquerading as a man with a shield
My charade causes no one to yield
And if I claim to be a real man
It surely means I need a tune-up

On a stormy sea I will start to rust
Tossed about, I will most likely break and bust
I set a course for the nearest lab
I can hear the voices say

Carry on my wayward 'bot
Don't you rust no more

Carry on
You must always remember
Carry on
You can't not remember
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely Sawland waits for you

Carry on my wayward 'bot
Don't you rust
Don't you rust no more
No more

I don't know why this popped into my head.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I don't know why this popped into my head.

Because it's magical that's why :allears:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

gatesealer posted:

So aside from possible connections from your narrative, are FFL and FFL2 actually connected in anyway? Or are they like most FF games where they are only connected by name?

There'll be a familiar enemy fairly early in the game, but that's mostly just to re-use an awesome boss sprite and not any real story significance. That's about it.

A couple FFL2 characters make cameos in FFL3, but again they're just a nod to people who beat this game without going mad and not related to the plot in any way.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Seyser Koze posted:

There'll be a familiar enemy fairly early in the game, but that's mostly just to re-use an awesome boss sprite and not any real story significance. That's about it.

A couple FFL2 characters make cameos in FFL3, but again they're just a nod to people who beat this game without going mad and not related to the plot in any way.

Ah ok, I was mostly wondering because I did play this one (never beat it), but I didn't play the first.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Seyser Koze posted:

I'm not aware of any those. Including me. And me.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

So, before Roy's dad woke him up, what was he dreaming about? Well like all young kids...

I had to doodle Roy in blender. It's not an amazing model, but he's just such a cute little guy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Chapter 2: Kickin' rear end, Takin' Magi (Part 1)

Roy?

I just saw dad! C'mon, after him!

Dad! It's Roy!

Dad?

Mr. Butte? Is that you?

Remember when I killed your father, Roy? I talked...

JUST... LIKE... THIIIIIIIIIIIS

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

CURSE YOUR EYES, THE HAT COMES FOR US ALL! FLEEEEEEEE

Wait, no! Come back! ... Aw.

Like, that wasn't very nice.

I was just having a bit of fun. I didn't mean to scare her. Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not your father.

Funny, you look like him from behind!

From the front, nnnnnot so much.

Shh

Nah, it's okay. The eyes are offputting. They've got advantages, though!

Oh yeah?

quote:

Data! Mr. O'Brien! I need the warp drives at full power!

Will you stop saying that? I don't even know you!

Coooool.

Anyway, here's a tip for your trouble.

Lotsa people talking about them these days. Find some ruins, you might find some magi.

Great! Thanks!

Now we just have to get Sara out of that tree.

THE TOME OF ETERNAL HABERDASHERY HAS BEEN OPENED! FUEL YOUR SAWS AND PREPARE FOR JUDGEMENT!

A little while later...

Why are we at this inn?

We need to get Sara calmed down, Heather. Maybe she'll be better after a little nap.

Ugh, you are all so weird. Forget this, I'm going shopping.

Hey! That's our money, too!

We need to get weapons and armor. We will get ourselves totally killed without them.

Just get her to stop screaming. I'll take the rest. Don't wait up.

I am completely fine with not going shopping. Okay, Sara. Just try to take some deep breaths or something.

can'tsleephatswilleatmecan'tsleephatswilleatme

Inns in SaGa work quite a bit different than most RPGs. Rather than paying a fixed fee up front and recharging all your characters, you pay by hit point. It's kind of mercenary but can actually save money in the long run. FFL1 was pretty brutal about this; if you didn't have the gold, too bad gently caress you slappy. It got ugly if you didn't know what you were doing and ran out of resources. Happily, FFL2 is much more merciful, and there's more places you can heal your guys for free. You still need an inn to recharge abilities, but you can get a free heal and then pay 0GP for the recharge. It's convoluted, but it works.

This is a better translation, but I miss "Bye bye!" :smith:

Omigod, this is soooo much better.

Hi! What can I interest you in?

Do you have any armor? Like, in fuscha?

Do you always end your sentences with that inflection? It makes it sound like you're always asking a question.

Uh, yeah? It's just a habit?

Shop layout is kind of arbitrarily split in FFL2 but fairly consistent. You get your weapons in one place and everything else (including armor) in another. The armor shop is also the item shop, so it's a little confusing when you walk into a place with a sword sign and don't see any armor. If you run out of the first town thinking there's no armor for sale yet, you're gonna get rolled. :troll:

Anyway, bronze armor is available here for cheap, and we might as well load up—including Roy. Our humanoid characters come with bronze armor, so all we need is helmets and gauntlets. We can't get bronze armor for Roy, but he's already got a bronze shield equipped, and it's about the same thing on bots.

All non-Roy characters also come with decent-to-poor starting weapons. Compared to FFL kicking you out there naked and armed with a crappy little rapier, this is heaven. Enjoy it while it lasts.

There are a variety of weapon families in SaGa, and pretty much all of them have their own unique quirks. They include, in no particular order:

• Heavy Swords
  • Light Swords
  • Axes
  • Guns
  • Whips
  • Artillery (!)
  • Spellbooks
  • Martial Arts
  • "Other"

The first three work pretty much like you'd expect, we've gone over guns, and we'll get to the rest in due time. "Other" is a catchall for combat items; they're not a stat-based attack item per se, but using them in combat causes some sort of effect or attack anyway. An example is the Heal staff, which heals your party members (durr) and costs approximately eleventy billion gold. This is particularly hilarious because a cure book costs way less. There may or may not be a benefit to using a staff over spellcasting, but I'm sure as hell not spending the money to find out.

Man I'm beat. You wanna get a latte?

I thought Heather took all our money?

Nah, I hid some of it. I mean, I feel bad, but—

I wouldn't. She's kind of a jerk.

Ugh. Place hasn't been the same since they put in conversation tables.

I dunno! It's roomier.

So a giant pillar is holding up the entire planet, which is flat.

Yup, that's about the size of it.

Heather's right, people are weird.

Hey, guys! What's shakin'?

You see the news? Ashura's shock troops set up shop in the north mountains.

They must be lookin' for the magi.

Who's Ashura?

I don't know. I don't know what magi is. I don't know anything, because they took my brain. He said I could get it back, but I don't remember how, 'cause I ain't got no brain.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SELL HIM A SWORD YOU MORON

See? This is exactly why I don't like the conversation tables.

Pubs are, as always, the RPG epicenter of plot dumpage. Owing to Nintendo's Standards and Practices of the time, this is (apparently) a coffee shop and not a bar. It's never really made explicit, which is actually pretty tasteful.

You can buy a drink for 10GP. It does absolutely nothing—here, anyway—but it's a pretty cool touch. Also, over in the corner...

Neat, they have one of the new juke-gramophones. Wanna listen to something?

Sure, why not?

This song is totally my jam! :slick:

The jukebox is a neat little feature in bars that serves as a sound test. For 1GP, you can change the background music to pretty much anything you want. It'll stay that way, even across fights, until the next time a music change happens. (i.e. If you just go from overworld tune to overworld tune, the music will persist.) Here, Zero has chosen the "victory" song that plays after you win a fight.

DAH DAH DAHT-DAH DAH, DAHT DAH DAH-DAH DAH

please kill me

It's pretty obnoxious. I don't recommend it.

Also, we'll be showing off the songs as MP3s as soon as I get Audacity working right think it's pertinent. For now, just trust me: I'm saving you valuable space in your brain by not including that song.

I mean, that sword was so last year. Who uses a rapier? It's like, hello? No one's going to pierce armor with that thing.

How would you know?

H—hello, everyone.

Sara! Feeling any better?

A little. I'm sorry about earlier.

It's okay. This stuff is scary to all of us.

I don't understand. Why was the man in the hat so nice to us? Mother says hats are evil.

They're just a thing you wear on your head, you weirdo. Here, put on this helmet.

:stonklol:

Heather? Let's just take this one step at a time.

Alright, I asked around town, and there's a shrine run by a Cleric of Isis a little ways west of here. If anyone knows anything about magi, it'll be her.

:ninja: RARG

Yeah, but we have to stay alive long enough to get there!

One of the few good things about FFL's combat system was the control you had over your guys' growth. Mutants were pretty much the only x-factor (SEE WHAT I DID THERE); everyone else could be herded down any path you wanted. Not so much in FFL2—at least, not yet. You're at the mercy of the RNG for now.

Let's show 'em what we're made of! Draw your weapons and—the hell, Zero?

What?

Where did you get that thing? Your dad's toolbox?

Meanwhile...

quote:

Honey? Have you seen my hammer?

Did you try looking in the garage?

oh god dammit not again

Look, it was free, okay?

Whatever works. CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE

This sword is awful. I am never shopping there again.

Let's... let's just move on.

All non-robot members of the party suck right now. All of them. (Well, actually, that's not fair—Sara and Zero are pretty useful when not using weaons, but ~storyline~.) Fortunately, Roy can shoot just about any threat dead right now. He's also stuffed full of random weapons and has the stats to do serious damage with them. Furthermore, his defense is near impenetrable by the scrubs in the first world. It will probably be said at least once per update, but it bears repeating: Robots are awesome.

It's gonna take a bit before everyone else catches up, though. No one's really doing more than 10 damage right now, and there's no fix except to fight and be patient. Fortunately, we can use Roy's shield (thanks to KataraniSword for this tip) to take him out of the fight and give everyone else a chance to flail around inanely. A point or two of strength makes a pretty big difference, so it's worth the aggravation.

Side note: I'm happy to report we picked up some HP off-camera. Unlike FFL1, if one of our guys gets stuck with 98 HP for the entire game, we're screwed. So, this was an exciting development!

Ugh. Good thing, too. I'm running out of ammo here.

Where do you even get that stuff from?

Trust me, you don't want to know.

Sara?

Mother says Isis is a lie. There is only saw.

Your mom told you a lot of things that weren't true.

Heather!

What? She needs to stop being scared of everything. It's not healthy.

Mother wouldn't lie to me. The saw is family.

Sara, we're not attending services or anything. We're just going to talk to the people inside. It'll be okay.

Don't you get the news out here?

What the heck is the news? :stare:

Guess that answers that question.

Yikes. No kidding.

Yeah. Acne, man. It's a killer.

Tell me about it!

Hi! Are you here to see Ki?

Looks like it. Do we need an appointment or something?

Nah! We're pretty relaxed around here. Talk to the Captain, he'll make sure Ki's available.

The captain?

You guys. My awesome senses are tingling.

Arr. Ye be wantin' Ki?

Sí.

Oui.

How much?

Ki? She be free.

Whee!

We are talking to a pirate skeleton. This entire trip is so worth it.

Be wipin' yer feet on the mat before you proceed to the altar, yar.

Hi! Could you tell us—

AUGH

Warn us next time or something!

Sorry! I get a little carried away sometimes.

Oh! You look troubled. What's wrong?

Mother says I shouldn't be talking to you.

Oh. Oh no. I've seen this before. You're from the Cult of the Saw, aren't you?

The saw is family. The saw is life.

Is there anything we can do? She's been like this since we met her.

Well, some of it's behavioral, but I can definitely help. Dw yn mynd i gwybod!

Woah.

...wha? What happened? Where am I?

Holy cow! What did you do?

I flushed the gasoline out of her system with a Heal spell. That's the easy part. The rest is up to her.

Wait, who are you guys?

You may want to sit down. This'll take a while.

Later...

What would you do with them? Be a god?

Uh, yes way!

Psh, more like no way!

Well fought, my friend. Enjoy your victory.

Seriously, we just want to find my dad. Last I heard, he was chasing after magi.

*twitch*

You okay?

Fine. I'm fine.

Do you know where he went?!

How long ago?

I dunno, couple of weeks? I've been here for a couple of centuries, I kind of lose track of time.

You've been alive for centuries? How did you stay so pretty?

It's totally easy. My mom has this cream that reduces eye wrinkles.

Need to get me some of that!

Do you know which way dad went?

'Fraid not. He rushed out of here in a hurry after I healed him.

At least we know he's alive now. Thanks for your help!

People say there's magi in the relics of the ancient gods.

What, the guy with the weird eyes?

You noticed those too? I mean, wow.

I know, right?

Anyway...

...big rock in the southern forests. You're good people, I'm sure they'll be safe with you.

Thank you. Not just for the advice, either.

No worries! You stay away from oil-distilled products, okay? That stuff is bad for your brainmeats.

I will. I still have to wonder, though: how did I survive drinking all that gasoline?

Oh.

Esper genetics. Gotta love 'em!

(Just a quick note: O-Poison is an immunity. Mutants and monsters will pick these up as well as weaknesses (i.e. X-Fire). For now, this means Sara can't be poisoned and takes no damage from poison-based attacks. It's not super powerful, but it can come in handy.)

Well, looks like we're spelunking!

My mom has a cream for that, too.

What kind of adventure did you three rope me into?!

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 13, 2014

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
It seems linguistic drift has done a number on the Church of the Holy Chain. The Saw is Family, but the Family is not Saw!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

And again, powers crop up when they are convenient for the story or joke. You have the best luck for these things I swear.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I remember being afraid to fight ashigaru when I first picked up the game as a kid, because they looked so badass. It was ten years before I played Shogun: Total War and learned that they were basically farmers who were handed spears and told to go die for their lord. :eng99:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Seyser Koze posted:

I remember being afraid to fight ashigaru when I first picked up the game as a kid, because they looked so badass. It was ten years before I played Shogun: Total War and learned that they were basically farmers who were handed spears and told to go die for their lord. :eng99:

There is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing else to lose. :black101:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

This sucks that I missed out of the start of this one, definitely looking forward to it. Luckily Sara's mom is from a reformist congregation, otherwise she'd be drinking oil mixed in gas.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh my. I didn't think the callbacks ran that deep.

Ima poke choke's inbox just to make sure I don't blurt out what I think he's doing.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ah, yes. The curse of the traditional Human/Esper/Monster/Mech party: Having your mech being too powerful for anybody but your monster (who sucks no matter what) to keep up. Glad you took my comment to heart, then, about letting the other three do some lifting. Once they come into their own they won't have problems (particularly if your two Espers proc some good skill gains), but for the first world or so they're not gonna want to lean on Roy too much as a crutch for now.

This is also why a 4 mech party utterly ruins the game's difficulty, but turns it into a different kind of difficulty: grinding for money. :doh:

Remliel
Feb 13, 2012
I am not entirely sure if this is the case in the original, but there is one other point to make about shields: They are the only weapon that provides an inherent chance for DEF growth, albeit it being rare. If you use a shield regularly (say, 1/fight), there is a chance your humans can reach a high base DEF without even wearing armor, making it really easy to cap them with later gear. (Don't even bother with Espers, that's one grind you would regret.)

This is definately the case in the DS remake, but it's been ages since I played the original. I could go check, I guess...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, everybody! Sorry, no update here. Just a courtesy bump to let you know I haven't forgotten about this thread. Life has been crazy lately and HEY GET BACK HERE THIS HASN'T BEEN ABANDONED I SWEAR

Expect an update by Friday or so, wherein we will give Sara a nickname and establish a running joke at poor Heather's expense. I'm excited. Are you excited? Are you? ARE YOU?!

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Also, just to let you know something weird happened with your screenshots this update

Your gif is the right size, but for some reason your still image is not quite doubled correctly. You can see it in the squares with the diamond in them.

Also, it's telling how much I like your writing, because I never noticed until I was looking over the post again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

KataraniSword posted:

If you split hairs, there is one more reason to bother with shields: It's the only way for a character to not take a turn. As Chokes noted, you have to actually perform an action to get statboosts, so it's easy - especially with out-of-depth monsters and/or mechs in the party - to wipe out the enemies before everyone gets a chance to even act. Similarly, gains in the North Cave are awful because Mr. S does all of the heavy lifting.

Thus, you slap a shield on whoever you don't want hogging all the battle experience, and just have them sit there picking their nose while the other people do some work for once.

Also, you can actually train defense with shields. Humans have ridiculously low defense growth rates, but for mutants gaining defense isn't any harder than agility or mana.

Since mutants have such limited inventory space it can help offset the defense lost from sacrificing armor slots for weapons, but mutants are likely to be the slowest party members so it's kind of a pain to wait a whole round for them to wave their shield around before ending the combat.

Asura United
Oct 17, 2014

HA! HA!
Well, hello.
After a stupid accidental first post...

Chokes McGee, your LPs are amazing. I created this account not just to tell you this, but also to be able to tag along for the ride that is your new one. Your Final Fantasy Legend LP may well be my favorite out of any screenshot LPs I've read, and I'm thrilled that you're doing another.

FFL2 was my very first RPG, played at the young age of ten, and it beat the everloving poo poo out of me. Even so, it's always been dear to me.

After I read your LP of the first one, I was crossing my fingers, hoping that you'd do an LP of the sequel. It's great that you've decided to, and I hope it's just as good as the first!

Edit: Another thing I'm looking forward to is how you play the dialogue throughout the game. Like it says in the opening, FFL2 plays the dialogue a lot better than the first game. It's still a little bare-bones, but you'll have less to work with than with your previous LP.

Asura United fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi, guys! I tightened up my screenshot/gif process, and I think it'll help. I wanted to hurry up and get this out there because Asura posted instead of replying. Instead of laughing, though, I had a brief moment of :stare: as I thought someone literally made a mod-sanctioned thread for people who like my LPs. So that was kind of awesome. :3:

Anyway, I'm finally figuring out the party's various personalities, so let's get to it!

• Locked thread