Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Well I went rummaging through my storage locker to dig out my old copy of FFL2 and my GBA SP. It was worth it. I've only ever beaten this game once, and even though I have my save at the end of the game, the boss just wrecks me. The first time attempting him ever I kicked his face in, but I've never managed to get close after that.

My guys were all pretty badly built though - M Human with only STR, F Human with only AGI, Mutant with only MANA, and my robot had all the rad toys. Trying to be a bit more balanced this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Well I went rummaging through my storage locker to dig out my old copy of FFL2 and my GBA SP. It was worth it. I've only ever beaten this game once, and even though I have my save at the end of the game, the boss just wrecks me. The first time attempting him ever I kicked his face in, but I've never managed to get close after that.

My guys were all pretty badly built though - M Human with only STR, F Human with only AGI, Mutant with only MANA, and my robot had all the rad toys. Trying to be a bit more balanced this time.

3/4 of those are not bad in the slightest. That human guy with all STR though....did you hit ANYTHING for the last part of the game?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

UmbreonMessiah posted:

3/4 of those are not bad in the slightest. That human guy with all STR though....did you hit ANYTHING for the last part of the game?

Nope. My mutant was a monster, but my male human couldn't hit jack. My female human conversely didn't deal any damage, but I think that's more due to me missing or misinterpreting something as an agility weapon.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
It always annoyed me that my mutant always did the most damage because her abilities were the best thing for wiping out enemy groups, but my human still sucked up most of the stat gains.

DjinnAndTonic
Jun 1, 2010

"I don't have the energy to put up with idiots. She makes me want to punch kittens."

Gabriel Pope posted:

That guy is pretty smart and knows more about the game than I do but that site is really ancient. People have decompiled the leveling algorithms since then and the actual chances to gain stats depend on a comparison between a character's stats and the enemies' level (which is probably why he came up with the numbers he did: high agility/low mana is a very typical human stat spread, so if you load up a save you will gain mana very very quickly against advanced enemies but not so much agility.) In general:

-Humans have all-around better stat growth than mutants
-Mutant agility growth supposed to be on par with mutant defense/mana/HP but due to a bug it's somewhat slower
-Human defense and mutant strength have near-zero growth (on purpose for humans, by accident for mutants)

Mutants' stat deficiency is compounded by the fact that new mutant powers preempt stat gains--humans don't have that much of an advantage (except in strength), but each character can only get one thing per battle and if a mutant rolls a new power you don't even get a chance at raising a stat.

Is there a place where all of these stat-gain and skill-gain formulae are housed? I'd be very interested in seeing how this adorable child of a game actually works.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
On a side note, am I wrong in thinking that Rezen would be really pissed off at what was being done in her memory? She was about cutting down bullies who abuse their power, not terrifying people about hats and making them drink gasoline.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I would go so far as to call it almost ridiculously intense dramatic irony, given it's a cult that deifies her/her exploits and is causing harm because of it, yes.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

On a side note, am I wrong in thinking that Rezen would be really pissed off at what was being done in her memory? She was about cutting down bullies who abuse their power, not terrifying people about hats and making them drink gasoline.

And how exactly is this any different than any other religion?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Deathwind posted:

Let's keep content where it belongs, hm? Which is not in this subforum.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Deathwind posted:

What is a hat? A miserable pile of fibres. BUT ENOUGH TALK

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FredMSloniker posted:

Let's keep content where it belongs, hm? Which is not in this subforum.

Well. To a degree it's on purpose; one of the running themes of my FFL1 LP is how a few individuals doing extraordinary things downstream have a massive effect on society many, many years in the future. This includes myths, legends, and yes, even religion. But yeah, I really want to discourage real life theological debates here. The last thing I need is the thread clogging up with religion chat :stonk:

In other news, content is recorded for the next two chapters! We got some barn burners coming up, including the moment you've all been waiting for! And by you, I mean me. :getin:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
When you de-equip something from a Robot, does it lose the stat gain from it? Otherwise it seems it'd be best to just put on and take off a shield until it almost broke.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Tylana posted:

When you de-equip something from a Robot, does it lose the stat gain from it? Otherwise it seems it'd be best to just put on and take off a shield until it almost broke.

Short answer: yes
Long answer: think about the quality of this game's coding, what are the odds nothing got bugged?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tylana posted:

Yes it loses the stat gain. Although it's a cheap way to refill HP in the field, by dequipping and equpping armor over and over again.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

hanales posted:

Although it's a cheap way to refill HP in the field, by dequipping and equpping armor over and over again.

Of course taking off the armor and putting it back on heals some HP. Robots hammer out the dents and buff out the scratches. Don't you want your pimpskin to look its very best?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
IT'S THE MOTHERFUCKIN FARM CLUB Y'ALL

Hey, everybody! Sorry this update was a bit late coming out, my life has gotten interesting as of late. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say I didn't think the words "kitten enema" would ever enter my day-to-day vocabulary.

At any rate, I've split this next update into a two parter so I can get something out there. This is mostly story dump, we'll be getting into new faces, weapons, and mechanics in the back half. But for now, enjoy!

Kitten enema. Kittenema.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Chapter 6: Little Big Men (Part 1)

Sylph! What the heck happened?!

I was going over her schedule with her, and...

quote:

Ki, you are running a fever. You can't heal anyone if you can't heal yourself!

Meh, it'll be fine. I'll just have chicken noodle soup or something. Ah... AH... CHOO

*plink*

:stonk:

Hey, should I feel like my blood cells are trying to tunnel their way out of my body right now?

*thud*

Ki!!

She sneezed magi? That can't be good.

Ashura said he sent men into her body. Some junk about micronization.

Of course! It makes sense now!

The giants perfected the technology so they could visit normal-sized people, but they abandoned their world a long time ago.

Why?

They couldn't find pants that fit. But that's not important right now! If we don't do something, Ki will die and Ashura will take her magi!

More like he won't, since we already killed him.

Wow. Really?

Yup. Stone dead.

Which makes this even more tragic. Ki's going to end up as collateral damage in a war that's already over. We can't let that happen!

Wow, where did that come from? I mean, it's totally cool, but...

Ki freed me from a lifetime of brainwashing. I owe her. And I'm going to save her.

We all are!

Yarr. Ye'll be wantin' the lay of the land, then. Ki be sick on account of the invaders. Her immune system's moving like it had the wind o' the gods in its sails. It be rejectin' the magi what lay in her body as a consequence, and the magi be tryin' to get out.

How do you even know that?

I not be spendin' eight years in Pirate Medical School to be called "Mister," lass.

What should we do?

You'll be needin' to remove both the invaders and the magi. That's me professional recommendation.

Thanks, Dr. Captain!

Find the giants, and you'll find the micronizer. And, take this. I'm sure Ki would want you to have it.

Gross.

Seriously, it's still wet. Can we get some hand sanitizer or something?

If we're going to a new world, we'll probably need new gear. Whatever Ashura's got left over will be a big help.

Kind of ironic when you think about it. We're saving Ki with the very weapons Ashura created.

Oh, great. She finally stops being a creepazoid, and it turns out she's a nerd.

Hey!

Hmm. We only have enough money for one weapon. I think Roy should have it.

I dunno, Zero...

No, he's right. You've got great defense, but you need, like, an offense too. Once you have both, you'll be unstoppable!

Alright, you talked me into it. Let's see what they have!

Hiya! We need to travel to Giant World. Do you have anything big that goes boom?

Do I?!

Woah. So how's this thing work?

Point it at a bad guy and hold down the trigger. You'll figure out the rest on your own.

'Kay. Hey, don't you think it's weird it just plugs right into my arm?

One thousand... two thousand... wha? Nope, that thing you said is totally normal. Three thousand...

I won't say much about this... yet... except that we can afford third tier gear now. The 2400 gold tier (Colt, Axe, Psi Knife, etc.) is now available to us as common gear, and we can splurge on the occasional 6800 gold item (Battle Sword, Katana, spellbooks, etc.) for when we need extra punch. Here, I've purchased something near and dear to my heart. We won't see it in action yet, but don't you worry. We're going to. Repeatedly.

Magi power at acceptable levels. Welcome to Giant World.

Thanks, talking door!

You're welcome.

:keke:

Neat little place!

I see what you did there.

Maybe those guys know where we can find some giants.

Welp, guess we're done here.

Zero!

Okay, okay. Let's try someone else. Hey you! Where the giants at?

Wow, you guys are behind the times. The giants left ages ago. They wanted to be like us humans—carefree, living in the hidden spaces, buying pants wherever they wanted. So...

...no one's living there anymore. Just up and abandoned it when they all decided to micronize.

Let's hope they were in a hurry and left some micronizers behind.

Holy crap! This store is huge!

No duh. I mean, look at the sign.

Seems kind of suspicious, though. Maybe that guy over there knows something.

Which guy?

Tee hee! Hello!

Eee! It's a giant flower!

...the giant goods?

Seriously you are adorable.

I'm going to save my princess from the evil Ghulibas!

Awwwwwww :allears:

Then we'll throw off these false forms and sing the song of unmaking in perfect harmony!

Wait what?

Puppies and butterflies!

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Greetings! Welcome to G-Mart!

Nice place you got here! What do you have for sale?

Oh, lots of things! Clearly you're here for quality gear, so take a look.

Funky butt-loving

Did he just say "funky butt-loving?!"

Shock of shocks: giant gear is top-notch but super duper expensive. It is way beyond our means right now, and we'd have to grind like the dickens just to afford a single piece. We do note the location and will come back later. That's one neat thing about FFL2: It encourages you to backtrack and/or keep notes on who has what available. Not every shop is going to have the goods you need, and since the Nexus doesn't have any monsters, there's (mostly) no hassle in revisiting old worlds. This is made even easier by certain items and/or powers later on—but by then, you're already subsisting on special gear, so ehn.

However, there is one item of interest here...

I guess we can't afford anything. Sorry to bother y—

Oh. My. God. Look at those platform heels! They're perfect!

Heather, we don't have enough gold.

I'm afraid she's right, young lady.

Bummer. Hey, why don't we trade? Do you have anyone you need killed? I'll totally handle that for you!

You know what? They're 90% off for the floor model only. Please take them and don't come back.

Works for me!

Besides being a cute strappy number that matches Heather's outfit perfectly, the Geta shoes also increase strength. All giant gear increases strength, actually. Toss it all on one character with power magi equipped, and they will become a juggernaut of heavy bladed weapons. (Just gotta keep that Agility stat up so they can still connect!) In addition, shoes count as an entirely separate piece of armor. A fully armored character can have a helmet, armor, gauntlets, and shoes. Oh, and a shield, I guess. I have to admit, I'm really warming up to shields in FFL2. They have a near 100% block rate against some fairly powerful abilities like Dissolve and Horn. That alone makes them way less crappy than FFL1. Of course, this invalidates my guarantee from the first chapter, which means I'm now obligated to refund your money. :10bux:

It's worth nothing that a fully powered mutant can't wear a full set of armor without relying solely on his/her abilities in combat. This is problematic, as you usually want your mutant to have a weapon, spell, and some decent armor to protect them. You can probably get away with not having a spellbook if their abilities are set up right, but you'll eventually want spells that do something other than blow stuff up. Maybe not a lot of them, but there are a handful that make life way easier.

Well crud. Now what?

Coffee?

Always!

What's the special today?

Our current dark roast is a blend of harvests from Giant Town!

Wow. Isn't that hard to keep in stock?

I'll be honest with you, it's just one big bean we chisel pieces off of.

Let's do a grande of that with light half-and-half and a dollop of sunscreen.

Soy or regular?

Hey, who's that guy in the corner?

That's Johnny. Word around town is, if you're looking for giants, he's the one to talk to.

O rly!

Hi! We were wondering if—

I'M NOT A GIANT

We didn't say you were! We just wanted to know if—

I AM A PERFECTLY NORMAL SIZED HUMAN BEING AND NOT GIGANTIC IN ANY WAY

Okay, well. I can tell this conversation is going places.

We need to get the guy from G-Mart to spill the beans on his supplier.

Let me sharpen my axe. You guys should start working on your alibis.

Let's try doing this without murder, Heather.

Psh. Whatever.

Hey, why don't we just sneak in through the back door? We can poke around while he's busy and see if there's any clues.

Was that an actual good idea? Did you just have one of those?

Dunno! It's hard to recognize them sometimes.

Ugh, again with the hats.

Man, everybody on the planet must have that exact same fedora. We've seen two people wearing it so far, and neither of them was dad.

One person who wasn't your dad. One.

?!

Oh, never mind. :sigh:

Anyway, we might as well be polite this time. Excuse me, sir! Can we pass through here?

Oh, sure thing! I didn't hear you coming, or I would've moved.

!

(Listen to this right now!)

What? Roy?

Yeah, it's me! We came to find you!

Son, it's been ages! It's so good to see you again. And look how much you've grown! *hug* How's your mother?

She's fine! You can see for yourself we when go home together, dad!

Mr. Butte?

What? Why? The magi?

I'm afraid so. We have to make sure they're safe.

But we beat Ashura! They are safe!

You did?!

Argh. Can we please stop pretending you weren't there?

Er. I wasn't.

Wow. Really? We're really doing this?

I promise you, I've been trying to track down the magi in this world for a few weeks now. I haven't had time to leave. You can ask anyone, they've seen me around!

But if you're not Mask... then who...

quote:

Welcome back, Number 13. They don't suspect anything, do they?

Not a thing. One of them mistook me for Roy's father, but I think it'll help us in the long run.

Perfect. Just keep an eye on them for now. If they make any significant progress, notify me immediately.

Understood. I'll brief our associates on what I've discovered so far.

Thanks, 13. Great job out there.

No need for thanks, Number Two...

It's all in a day's work.

I... but you... but... :psyboom:

At any rate, there are others out there like Ashura, willing to abuse magi and become false gods. We have to keep it out of their hands.

No kidding. We only have two or three, and it's already like we have superpowers. I can't imagine what somebody stuffed full of them could do.

You're collecting magi, too?! Then take this!

Wow! Thanks, Mr. Butte!

It's no problem at all, Zero. I know it'll be safe with all of you. Wow, look at you four... Ten years ago, I wouldn't have guessed you kids could've made it this far.

No, you're right, son. But still... you'll always be my boy.

:shobon:

Keep doin' what you're doin', kiddos. We need heroes like you to keep these things safe.

Thanks, Mr. Butte!

Dad... you'll come home one day. Promise?

Once everyone's safe, I'll run back to you and your mother as fast as I can. I miss you guys so much.

We miss you too, dad. Just stay safe out there.

You too, son. I love you.

*sniffle*

You okay, Roy?

Y-yeah. I'm fine.

Do you need a moment or something?

No, I'm fine. Honest. Let's find that micronizer and save Ki!

Employees Only

Didn't stop us before, won't stop us now.

Okay, let's toss the place.

Also, try to clean up after you're done.

Oh, right! Leave no evidence.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Sorry we broke in and ruined your bedroom."

Doesn't look like there's anything on the shelves.

Nothing around the bed, either.

We'll have to check the storeroom, then.

Oh crap

He didn't see us, did he?

No, I think we're still good.

We need to find out where he's getting the giant gear!

I have a plan, you guys. It's a long shot, but it just might work.

Go for it. We'll cover you.

Hi! Where are you getting your giant gear?

Great plan, Zero. Just... just strong stuff all around.

I'm not mad at him for doing it so much as us for letting him.

You could've just asked me the first time you were in here! I get my stuff from Giant Town.

Well, yeah, but...

...me how.

The guy at the coffee shop?

The one who isn't a giant?

That'd be him. Look, don't tell anybody where my supplier is. Johnny wants to keep it on the down-low, and besides, I'd be put out of business.

Oh, sure. We can keep your secrets safe.

Thanks!

For the right price.

Heather!

A 20% off coupon for Pants Shack?! This must be my lucky day!

Hey, Johnny Not-a-Giant! We have some questions for you!

Do they involve my possible giant-ness?

Nah. Well, maybe, in a roundabout way. I hear you're G-Mart's chief supplier.

*sigh* Alright, alright. I know the way into Giant Town.

Uh, you take the stairs?

You could all stand on each other's shoulders and wouldn't be able to climb a single one of them. No, go to the north stairs and look for a section of rock darker than the others. It's a fake wall. You can push it aside and go through the old micronization tunnels.

Great! Thanks!

Hey...

(Note that you can answer yes or no here. That fact alone is kind of hilarious.)

Nope!

What, seriously?

He's been really nice to us, Heather. Just humor him.

Hey, great! Just for that, I'll give you another clue.

...old pharmacy. There might still be something useful in there. Not that I'd know either way, what with being a normal-sized guy and all.

Look, I may have been wrong about Mask, but you're totally an ex-giant.

Seems legit!

Alright, let's get that micronizer. Ki's counting on us!

Next Time: The Thrilling Finale of Little Big Men!*

* may or may not be thrilling

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Johnny is probably the best character in the game. He is just so bad at hiding :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Chokes McGee posted:

Seriously you are adorable.

I'm going to save my princess from the evil Ghulibas!

Awwwwwww :allears:

Then we'll throw off these false forms and sing the song of unmaking in perfect harmony!

Wait what?

Puppies and butterflies!

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Being able to understand this joke retroactively makes watching that lousy blind LP of Eversion totally worth it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Johnny is probably the best character in the game. He is just so bad at hiding :allears:

...So bad at hiding the fact he isn't a giant?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I guess it's not really a spoiler to bring up one of the game's neater dungeons since the game has basically flat-out told us "Hey, go get shrunk down so you can go beat up monsters inside Ki's body!" but I'm hard pressed to think of too many JRPGs out there that take a page from Fantastic Voyage and that's not nothin'.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Kai Tave posted:

I guess it's not really a spoiler to bring up one of the game's neater dungeons since the game has basically flat-out told us "Hey, go get shrunk down so you can go beat up monsters inside Ki's body!" but I'm hard pressed to think of too many JRPGs out there that take a page from Fantastic Voyage and that's not nothin'.

Breath of fire 2 comes to mind. I'm sure there's more.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It was basically 100% of the gameplay in Bowser's Inside Story.

chiasaur11 posted:

...So bad at hiding the fact he isn't a giant?

No, he's just magnificently bad at hide-and-seek.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

No, he's just magnificently bad at hide-and-seek.

Exactly, he is in that one spot the entire game.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kai Tave posted:

Lunar: Eternal Blue

I think one of the Ys games, too.

JRPGs are weird, man.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

quote:

Funky butt-loving

Did he just say "funky butt-loving?!"

That takes me back. :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Seyser Koze posted:

That takes me back. :shobon:

Yay! Someone caught the reference! :neckbeard:

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Yay! Someone caught the reference! :neckbeard:

But nobody got punched in the face...

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
On screen. Punch is quite useful at the last few uses.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Besides being a cute strappy number that matches Heather's outfit perfectly, the Geta shoes also increase strength. All giant gear increases strength, actually. Toss it all on one character with power magi equipped, and they will become a juggernaut of heavy bladed weapons. (Just gotta keep that Agility stat up so they can still connect!) In addition, shoes count as an entirely separate piece of armor. A fully armored character can have a helmet, armor, gauntlets, and shoes. Oh, and a shield, I guess. I have to admit, I'm really warming up to shields in FFL2. They have a near 100% block rate against some fairly powerful abilities like Dissolve and Horn. That alone makes them way less crappy than FFL1. Of course, this invalidates my guarantee from the first chapter, which means I'm now obligated to refund your money. :10bux:

It's worth nothing that a fully powered mutant can't wear a full set of armor without relying solely on his/her abilities in combat. This is problematic, as you usually want your mutant to have a weapon, spell, and some decent armor to protect them. You can probably get away with not having a spellbook if their abilities are set up right, but you'll eventually want spells that do something other than blow stuff up. Maybe not a lot of them, but there are a handful that make life way easier.

Giant armor goes a long way towards patching up the deficiencies of strength-heavy humans early on: you have lower initiative, accuracy, and evasion than an agility-focused character, but you gib enemies on contact. It synergizes extremely well with whips, which do damage based on strength but train agility: due to the massive boosts you don't need to improve your strength any (and would have a hard time training it if you tried, since the game looks at your current STR and assumes you're way overleveled), so you can take full advantage of your towering strength while building up some badly-needed agility. If you're made of money you can even load up an agility-based character with giant gear and get more damage out of whips than you could with rapiers and sabres (especially when you consider Magi: you only get 1 set of speed Magi, so if you have two speedsters you can give one of them Power Magi + giant gear + whip.)

Mutants can do without spellbooks, but the books hit a lot harder than the equivalent mutant abilities. If you can afford spellbooks it's often better to focus on utility powers and murder things with the spellbooks.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Chokes McGee posted:

IT'S THE MOTHERFUCKIN FARM CLUB Y'ALL

Hey, everybody! Sorry this update was a bit late coming out, my life has gotten interesting as of late. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say I didn't think the words "kitten enema" would ever enter my day-to-day vocabulary.

...is the kitten ok?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

...is the kitten ok?

It just got stuffed up someone's butt, what do you think?

(:v:)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Camel Pimp posted:

...is the kitten ok?

Yeah, he's fine. He had a rough week and caught kennel cough to boot, which means he's been dehydrated, which means ... yeah. Anyway he's already feeling better, we'll get his transmission flushed today and he'll be ready to go.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah, he's fine. He had a rough week and caught kennel cough to boot, which means he's been dehydrated, which means ... yeah. Anyway he's already feeling better, we'll get his transmission flushed today and he'll be ready to go.

Oh man I'm feeling with you. I remember when my little kitty was dehydrated and I winced with every needle my vet stuck into her (to pump salin solution into her veins).

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

Kitten enema. Kittenema.
Suddenly your avatar seems like a much better match.

I always like these SaGa LPs, because the games drip with unique, interesting mechanics that I have nowhere near enough patience to put up with myself. My only memory of this game is some random issue of a gaming magazine that was publishing installments of a strategy guide back in the day. It sounded weird as hell. Based on your LP so far I think they undersold the weird, if anything. (Was expecting a Boktai joke when you met the flower.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rangpur posted:

(Was expecting a Boktai joke when you met the flower.)

Man, you need to drop what you're doing right now and go play Eversion.

Don't read anything about it, don't ask people for info on it, just grab it on Steam and starting playing it. And enjoy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
mods plz change my name to Kitten Enema, tia

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Chokes McGee posted:

Man, you need to drop what you're doing right now and go play Eversion.

Don't read anything about it, don't ask people for info on it, just grab it on Steam and starting playing it. And enjoy.

Or play the freeware version if you want to try it first. It's still around I think.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I still need to get around to getting the other endings in that game. It's pretty fun, but a little on the short side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Libluini posted:

Oh man I'm feeling with you. I remember when my little kitty was dehydrated and I winced with every needle my vet stuck into her (to pump salin solution into her veins).

I remember when mine, 4 months old, got a bad kitty cold. Thankfully he ate and pooped and peed more or less normally, but he had so much discharge from his eyes that sometimes he couldn't open them. He was about 4 or 5 months at the time, and he had no energy - all he wanted to do was sleep and/or have me hold him because he was sick and wanted comfort. I loved the attention, but I would have rather had him healthy and running around like a little black missile. I am happy to report that one year on he's perfectly healthy and still zooms around like an ebony streak. He's also not avers to chasing his own tail.

On a thread-related note, I piddled around a bit with the English-language ROMs of the Japan-only remakes of 2 and 3. I didn't care that much for the art style though they did seem well done, but I was surprised that 1 didn't get the remake treatment. Of the trilogy, I'd say that that one needed it the most.

• Locked thread